• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

You gotta love it.

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer to Fox News: "My concern is that the federal government doesn't know what's in that balloon. Is that bioweapons in that balloon? Did that balloon take off from Wuhan?"

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1621542281294528512

"If Joe Biden and his administration are too weak to do the obvious and shoot down an enemy surveillance balloon perhaps we just let the good people of Montana do their thing… I imagine they have the capability and the resolve to do it all themselves."

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1621544538794778624

I can just picture a couple of hundred thousand cowboys blasting away at the empty sky.

What could go wrong?

Steve Thomas

Both Duncan Campbell and David Corn were, charitably, unwitting dupes in the Russiagate saga. They are now in the revision of the revisions phase of the Denial. It is not unlike the WMD fiasco, whereby persons continued to insist Iraqi weapons of mass destruction WERE found, and peddled that for years until everyone else moved on. 

8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

You gotta love it.

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer to Fox News: "My concern is that the federal government doesn't know what's in that balloon. Is that bioweapons in that balloon? Did that balloon take off from Wuhan?"

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1621542281294528512

Or worse, what if it has woke trans undocumented drag queen athletes?

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

53 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Both Duncan Campbell and David Corn were, charitably, unwitting dupes in the Russiagate saga. They are now in the revision of the revisions phase of the Denial. It is not unlike the WMD fiasco, whereby persons continued to insist Iraqi weapons of mass destruction WERE found, and peddled that for years until everyone else moved on. 

This is a good observation and that is what it looks like is happening Revision. They claim they found "components" of WMD's which is pretty weak sauce. IDK about David Corn being duped, I've got a book he did on Ted Shackley which Shackley participates in, this is my personal bias but I don't believe that Shackley would do that if Corn wasn't CIA connected and considered someone "Safe" to talk to.. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

Duncan Campbell and David Corn were, charitably, unwitting dupes in the Russiagate saga. They are now in the revision of the revisions phase of the Denial.

You're free to dispute any of the facts I presented.

But of course, you don't.

Putin's water must be really heavy to carry everywhere.

Missouri Republicans derail plan to keep kids from carrying guns in public

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

February 03, 202

“JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Missouri Republicans have killed a proposal to restrict unsupervised minors from carrying firearms in public”

https://www.rawstory.com/missouri-republicans-derail-plan-to-keep-kids-from-carrying-guns-in-public/

I give up. I'm done.

Steve Thomas

14 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Matt:

But why did Kyle Pope block publication? 

What if Pope had good reason to block more Russiagate hoax-ery? 

CJR'er Pope is a long-time news veteran, as is Jeff Gerth, and neither has ever been said to be Moscow stooges. The CJR is usually a big-lib publication. 

Maybe Pope had legitimate concerns regarding M$M coverage of Russiagate, which even by mid-2020 was beginning to fall into disrepute. 

Can you find out if Pope was wrong to block coverage, or if not "wrong" or "right" why he blocked the story?

Who is Duncan Campbell? 

Duncan Campbell was a pretty good journalist through the 1980s and 1990s, and an early gay activist. He appears to have stopped publishing, except sporadic  self-publishing, about 2014.

This is Campbell's website:

https://www.duncancampbell.org/content/journalism

Why Campbell approached CJR, and produced nothing worth printing from CJR's perspective, is conjectural. The clues are there. 

5 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Total bunk, Jeff.

Bush and Cheney's Iraq WMD believers are similar to Trump's MAGA dupes who keep insisting that Russiagate was a hoax-- and I say that as a guy who suspected Bush's Iraq WMD sales pitch was a hoax in March of 2003, when he first invaded Iraq.

I believed Hans Blix at the time.

If you still claim that Russiagate was a hoax, step up to the plate and answer my Russiagate questions (above.)

Edited by W. Niederhut

Mother Jones review of the CJR 24,000-word review of the Russiagate Hoax:

Here is the main problem with Corn's Russiagate Hoax:  Allegations are made as if fact---but the facts are lacking.

From David Corn: 

"Vladimir Putin attacked the 2016 election in part to help Trump win, and Trump and his aides aided and abetted this assault on American democracy by denying such an attack was happening. Trump provided cover for a foreign adversary subverting a US election."

---30---

I mean really, the 2016 election was "subverted"?  

The Twittergate files have shown the whole Russian bots and trolls and social influences story was bogus. There was no Russian hacking of polling machines.  

So...where was the Russian influence on the US election---

The Russiagate hoax strikes me as yet another tired variation of the "be afraid of foreign enemies and subversives" trope that has been central to US fear-mongering for generations.

Now, sadly, a trope executed by the "left." 

By saying the 2016 election was "subverted," Corn stoops and never really recovers. 

Corn says Trumpers met with a Russian emissary who said he could get dirt on HRC. The Trumpers said fine. No dirt was ever delivered.  Corn thinks is terrible. 

My attitude would have been, "If the dirt is true, the source does not matter." 

If Beijing offers Biden campaign some dirt on the GOP rival in 2024, the Bidenites will avail themselves of the dirt. They may be smarter than the Trump naifs, and have it laundered through a law firm (HRC style). 

In short, Corm has issued a polemic, and bombast. He asserts there was Moscow-Trump collusion, but again and again and again...where is the beef? 

Trump, or anyone else, is not guilty until proven innocent. It runs the other way around. Meetings, and "ties" and "links" and "connections"...are largely meaningless.

----

LHO met with Department 13 leader Valery Kostikov in late September, and then was accused or murdering JFK on 11/22. Ergo, wet-worker Kostikov is "linked" to LHO, and vice-versa. 

A CIA director, James Woolsey, recently wrote a book about how the LHO- Mexico City "link" proved Russia assassinated JFK. Yes, there was a meeting between LHO and Kostikov.

Now, the American left cites former CIA directors daily. What about Woolsey? You take his word as gold? 

More and more, the Russiagate hoax strikes me as a regime-change op, or soft coup. 

The intel state made no secret it wanted HRC, and then Biden, to win.

Michael Morell, former CIA director, authored op-eds in the NYT, even before the 2106 election, that Trump was a danger and he was voting for HRC. 

We know from 11/22, the Wuhan lab leak, 9/11, and many other events the official storyline should be treated skeptically--indeed whole storylines are fabricated. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole