The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

We already know that MAGA/Republicans rely on gaslighting and lying to those dumb enough to believe what they say, but now we have empirical proof, courtesy of the Brookings Institution

"Conservative podcasters were 11 times as likely as liberal podcasters to share a claim that fact checkers could refute."

https://boingboing.net/2023/02/09/steve-bannon-is-top-xxxx-of-all-talk-show-hosts-according-to-study-and-he-couldnt-be-more-proud.html

Edited by Matt Allison

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The five Republican justices on the Supreme Court who are Catholic embrace this radicalism in their opinions in many instances. This includes Chief Justice Roberts.

The justiciar system in America is on the road to being ruled by religious beliefs rather than by the law.

FBI Memo Warns against 'Radical Traditionalist Catholic Ideology’ | National Review

Ironic, isn't it, that JFK had to tell America that his Catholicism WOULDN'T be the highest guiding influence in his administration.

Oh, how the world has changed.

Well, so much for Matt Taibbi's selective, partisan "coverage" of Elon Musk's "Twitter Files."

There ought to be a verb for the selective "leakage" of information for partisan political purposes.

Putin did it with hacked Emails during our 2016 election.

Trump and Devin Nunes did it with their "Nunes Memo."

Bill Barr did it with his redacted Mueller Report.

Twitter Kept Entire ‘Database’ of Republican Requests to Censor Posts

Elon Musk's "Twitter Files" focus on Democrats, but former administration officials and Twitter employees say Trump’s team and other Republicans routinely demanded posts be taken down

Twitter Kept Entire ‘Database’ of Republican Requests to Censor Posts – Rolling Stone

February 8, 2023

1 hour ago, Mark Knight said:

Ironic, isn't it, that JFK had to tell America that his Catholicism WOULDN'T be the highest guiding influence in his administration.

Oh, how the world has changed.

Oh come. I do not happen to be Catholic.

I admire Catholic charities, and the small "c" catholicism of the church---in my native Los Angeles, anyone is welcome to worship in a Catholic church. 

Catholics are now the danger to the US? 

Five Catholics are on the Supreme Court. Sound the klaxons? 

The romanist revival? 

3 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

@Benjamin Colegive this a watch.. 

Hill Rising, and Breaking Points are great independent news shows, I heartily recommend both outfits, available online for free through Youtube.

And I disagree with some of the views expressed, but both shows are heads-and shoulders above the intel-M$M narratives embraced heartily by some. 

Interestingly, the left-ish and right-ish commentators on Hill Rising and Breaking Points all agree Russiagate was a hoax, and Twittergate shows there was no meaningful Russian disinfo campaign on the web. 

True believers should remind themselves: The US intel-defense community will always fabricate and exaggerate purported "threats."

A weather balloon becomes a spy balloon, and there were lots of them before, and even globally. 

The 9/11 attack required the occupation of entire nations for decades. 

So it goes....

Sy Hersh recalls history in his interesting story on the bombing of the Nord Stream pipeline:

"A few months later, as the construction of the second pipeline neared completion, Biden blinked. That May, in a stunning turnaround, the administration waived sanctions against Nord Stream AG, with a State Department official conceding that trying to stop the pipeline through sanctions and diplomacy had “always been a long shot.” Behind the scenes, administration officials reportedly urged Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, by then facing a threat of Russian invasion, not to criticize the move.

There were immediate consequences. Senate Republicans, led by Cruz, announced an immediate blockade of all of Biden’s foreign policy nominees and delayed passage of the annual defense bill for months, deep into the fall. Politico later depicted Biden’s turnabout on the second Russian pipeline as “the one decision, arguably more than the chaotic military withdrawal from Afghanistan, that has imperiled Biden’s agenda.” 

---30---

Trump put sanctions on Nord Stream, and Biden pulled them off.

Then Biden's CIA leaks stories the Russians will quickly prevail in Ukraine, and Biden offers Zelensky a ride, not a gun. 

Russian invades. 

A "bear trap" for Putin? 

It has turned out that way, but of course at a cost of horrible unfixable human carnage, and rubble that will take decades to fix. 

Sad, just sad. 

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

More from Hersh, and a reminder how the M$M obscures more than it illuminates:

FALLOUT

In the immediate aftermath of the (Nord Stream) pipeline bombing, the American media treated it like an unsolved mystery. Russia was repeatedly cited as a likely culprit, spurred on by calculated leaks from the White House—but without ever establishing a clear motive for such an act of self-sabotage, beyond simple retribution. A few months later, when it emerged that Russian authorities had been quietly getting estimates for the cost to repair the pipelines, the New York Times described the news as “complicating theories about who was behind” the attack. No major American newspaper dug into the earlier threats to the pipelines made by Biden and Undersecretary of State Nuland."

---30---

11 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

About time.  I never understood why the Congressional J6 Committee took a hands off approach to Pence.

They did question Marc Short.

Pence was, obviously, privy to Trump and Eastman's plot to obstruct the certification of Biden's election.

56 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Another excellent review of Twittergate, the ongoing Congressional hearing, and related issues from Glenn Greenwald. 

More fake news from Greenwald.

These hearings are available on YouTube; I encourage folks to watch the testimony and how it destroys the BS MAGA narrative.

58 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Greenwald is so much smarter than the talking heads of M$M. 

LOL

Just like Taibbi, Greenwald is now considered un-hirable by any reputable news org, because he can't keep his one-sided, right-wing sympathies to himself.

He's not a journalist. He's a propagandist.

23 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've still got a few of my dad/uncles 78 rpm's.  A few of Luke the Drifter.

Ron,

This is interesting.  I had never heard about Hank Williams' sermonizing alter ego, Luke the Drifter, before.  Wikipedia has a good article on the subject. *

I bought an anthology of Hank Williams' greatest hits a few years ago, after reading Bob Dylan's comments about Hank Williams in Chronicles, (Dylan has a high opinion of Hank Williams as a songwriter) but none of the songs in my anthology are Luke the Drifter songs recorded from 1950-52.

Thanks for sharing this.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Williams_as_Luke_the_Drifter