The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Would not be at all surprised Joe. I think Woodward is a Spook.

I see now that Woodward's book "Rage" isn't even out yet. Sales release date is Sept.15th.

Yet, just with this marketing ploy of early reporting of Trump's downplaying of the Covid-19 threat Woodward and this "one" story have knocked Cohen and his Trump book off the front pages and news programs the second day of it's own release date.

If I am the publisher of Cohen's book I am furious.

Not just at Woodward and his publisher, but at all the main stream media giants who are giving Woodward and this not really important or damaging Trump story ( we already knew Trump had done this in a general sense ) way more coverage than it deserves and the timing of it's release.

I of course can't read Woodward's Trump book "Rage", but like everyone this "one" Trump story is all I see on the news. If this is the most damning charge Woodward has on Trump in his book, how weak, how unimportant.

Cohen and his book on the other hand has the real damaging goods on Trump.

CBS's "60 Minutes" is already having Woodward on this Sunday evening!

Gee, that quick? And what timing. What a coincidence. What a story...not.

Woodward and his one Trump story and not even released book on Trump is more "60 Minutes" coverage news worthy than Cohen and his book?

Ha, no where near.

One overblown press released Trump deception story ( Woodward's book isn't even out yet ) and CBS rushes BW on for a huge viewership 60 Minutes coverage episode?

Michael Cohen's book has 50X the Trump damaging revelations of importance and they can't have him on?

Who wants to read or hear another Trump lying or even just downplaying story? He does this almost daily. It's really not news anymore. It's certainly not the "Block Buster" news Woodward and the networks are building it up to be.

Cohen's book on Trump really is the more Block Buster expose by a factor of 50X.

Twitter has some saying these same suspicion and ethical motive concern things about the timing of Woodward's book publicity release and Woodward's withholding this one main Trump charge until now, when he could have released this information months ago. The timing of it's release now is obvious as a book selling tactic only.

Woodward and most of the mainstream media are doing Trump a huge favor.

They have knocked Cohen and his truly damaging book on Trump right off the front pages with this relatively unimportant Trump deception story imho.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Would not be at all surprised Joe. I think Woodward is a Spook.

Russ Baker reported  he was Naval Intelligence, just like Ben Bradlee,  and with zero experience when he got out of the service went straight to work for a small paper owned by the Post and was shortly thereafter elevated to the Post. 

So if Woodward is a spook and this was timed deliberately to get Cohen's revelations out of the news, the assumption must be that the MIC wants to keep Trump, despite his disdain for intelligence, the military and our allies, love for Vladimir Putin, narcissistic self-interest, unpredictability, etc. etc. Why in the world would they want to keep such a threat to national security? I was under the impression that the MIC assassinated JFK for just imagining he was such a threat.

St. Louis Post Dispatch

By Jamie Gangel, Jeremy Herb and Elizabeth Stuart, CNN

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/coronavirus/play-it-down-trump-admits-to-concealing-the-true-threat-of-coronavirus-in-new-woodward/article_633021d0-9148-5541-9b73-be5082a4299f.html

“In a January 28 (2020) top secret intelligence briefing, national security adviser Robert O'Brien gave Trump a "jarring" warning about the virus, telling the President it would be the "biggest national security threat" of his presidency. Trump's head "popped up," Woodward writes.

O'Brien's deputy, Matt Pottinger, concurred, telling Trump it could be as bad as the influenza pandemic of 1918, which killed an estimated 50 million people worldwide, including 675,000 Americans.”

https://nationalsecurityaction.org/newsroom/trump-russian-hoax

Late January/Early February 2020: Afghanistan’s national intelligence service raids the home and affiliated offices of Rahmatullah Azizi, the suspected middleman between the Taliban and Russian government. U.S. intelligence officials believe Azizi was using a complex network of international wire transfers to route as much as $100,000 per slain American soldier to Taliban militias. It is believed that Azizi has since fled to Russia for protection.

February 2020: Information about the Russian bounty program once again makes its way to the National Security Counci after new intelligence emerges from the interrogation of detainees in Afghanistan.

February 2020: Defense Secretary Mark Esper receives an intelligence briefing about Russian payments to the Taliban.

February 27, 2020: President Trump is provided information about the Russian bounty program again in his PDB.

Trump didn't do anything about either one.

Steve Thomas

14 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

As far as Trump being under the thumb of the MIC, you just have to look at his words. If you are of the type to ignore the filter the MSM uses on their Trump coverage, you might notice he has been a frequent critic of the MIC, especially over the past few weeks (and earlier.)

•  

When did I say Trump is "under the thumb of the MIC"? Maybe you're replying to someone else. I'm saying that I don't understand why in the world the MIC would want to see Trump reelected. I would assume that the active military would concur with retired General and former Secretary of Defense Mattis that Trump is "dangerous" and "unfit."

35 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

That Woodward is, and always has been, a spook is pretty much the accepted wisdom at this point. The idea that Woodward's "revelations" are being used to distract from Cohen's "revelations" would imply the MSM suddenly decided to stop carrying water for the Democrats in an attempt to help Trump out.

I don't see that happening, especially since the MSM replays of the Woodward recordings with Trump fail to mention the recordings were "on-the-record". The failure to mention that Trump knew he was on the record implies the MSM wants the public to believe Trump is/was withholding information from the public. Moreover, the part where Trump says he did not want to "panic the public" has been cut out (at least on the 1 or 2 MSM replays I have heard.) 

As far as Trump being under the thumb of the MIC, you just have to look at his words. If you are of the type to ignore the filter the MSM uses on their Trump coverage, you might notice he has been a frequent critic of the MIC, especially over the past few weeks (and earlier.)

• Trump said leaders at the Pentagon “want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy.” Sept. 8
  • “The military-industrial complex is unbelievably powerful,” - June 8
  • “And this is on these endless wars that just never stop. There’s a time and there’s a place, but it’s time to stop.” Nov. 2019
  • "We do have a military industrial complex, they do like war." - May 2019

Trump is the only President in 39 years to not initiate a Military Conflict; but lets use some twisted logic that involves MSM suppression of Cohen's version of events via the prioritization of a world famous author's (Woodward) book tour as if a sophisticated conspiracy to keep Trump in office is afoot.  

Good post Mr. Wheeler. Full agreement. Their intelligence community's beef with Trump is that he says the quiet parts out loud. He did, however, unleash military on U.S. citizens on U.S. soil.

oodward Contradicted By One Of His Own Tweets
09/10/2020 02:34 am ET Updated 1 hour ago

Trump’s Attacks On Bob Woodward Contradicted By One Of His Own Tweets

From the “tweet for everything” department.

President Donald Trump and his allies on Wednesday lashed out at journalist Bob Woodward over revelations in his upcoming book. But those attacks are falling flat in light of an old comment from Trump himself about the famed author. 

Woodward’s upcoming book, Rage, reveals that the president lied to the American public about the coronavirus pandemic and knowingly downplayed the infection’s severity and how it’s spread. He told Woodward on Feb. 7 that the virus was deadly, spread via the air and worse than the flu, but over the following weeks, he told the public it was under control, that cases would soon be down to close to zero and even suggested the flu was far worse

On Wednesday, Trump attacked the book as “just another political hit job” and “boring,” and said Woodward was “rapidly fading.” In 2013, however, Trump had a very different opinion of Woodward’s work:

It’s not clear what prompted that specific tweet; it was posted just days after Woodward said Gene Sperling, director of the White House Economic Council under then-President Barack Obama told him he’d regret criticizing the budget cuts under the sequester. Trump also praised some of the other reporting Woodward did on the Obama administration.

Since becoming president, Trump has run hot and cold on Woodward, usually in relation to whatever the author has said or written at any given moment. Trump dismissed Woodward’s 2018 book, Fear: Trump In The White House, as a “joke” and a “scam” and called the author a xxxx in a barrage of tweets.

Last year however, Trump praised Woodward as “cool, calm and interesting” for his comments in a “Face the Nation” appearance, and in 2017, he thanked Woodward for dismissing the unverified Steele dossier as a “garbage document.” 

Rage goes on sale next week and many are unhappy with Woodward for waiting until the book’s release to reveal the president’s lies about the virus.

Whoever Trump praises, I automatically question their background, honesty, integrity and agenda.

I checked all the largest viewership main stream internet news sites this morning comparing how many Woodward book and story articles there were ( his book isn't even out ) versus ones on Cohen and his book which came out just two days ago.

AOL: 6 articles on Woodward. None on Cohen.
NBC:  3 on Woodward. Maybe one down deep on Cohen.
MSNBC: 9 or 10 on Woodward. 1 down deep on Cohen.
CBS: 2 on Woodward. None on Cohen?
ABC: 3 to 1 or none.
Politico: 6 on Woodward. Maybe 1 on Cohen.

Didn't write down the exact numbers so that is why I am a little hesitant on one or two Cohen entries, however, my numbers are 90% accurate if not 100%.

In regards to internet political news coverage Woodward and his already generally known Trump Covid-19 deception story and his yet to be released Trump softball criticism book have literally swept Cohen and his hard ball Trump expose book story off the news slate ... practically completely.

Mary Trump got two to three weeks of non-stop front page major news coverage with countless nationally broadcast personal interviews throughout when her book came out.

Her book was very revealing of Trump's awful and selfish personal character failings as it related mostly to his familial and family business situation.

Cohen's book however, takes readers much farther out into the extended business, political and personal corruption life of DT. A much broader and deeper look at Trump in all these areas. Obviously a much more revealing and important Trump corruption truth expose.

Much more revealing and important than Woodward's supposed deep insider one which we are told is significantly based on 18 personal 2 hour meet ups with Trump by Woodward? Maybe 50 hours at most?

Cohen spent "10 years" at Trump's side and sat in on "thousands" of meetings and phone calls during Trump's unguarded hey days of super  edgy corrupt if not criminal shenanigans.

Who has more to tell about Trump in all these areas? Cohen or Woodward?

To see the current news coverage, Woodward's Trump soft ball revelations are everything and Cohen's hard ball two day old ones are already yesterdays news?

It's a statement of main stream media manipulation imo. In protective favor of Donald Trump.

Woodward...he's the man! Michael Cohen...who's he?

Edited by Joe Bauer

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/us/tennessee-tiger-spotted-trnd/index.html

“Authorities in Knoxville, Tennessee, are conducting an all-out search for a tiger that was spotted on Wednesday night in an industrial park.

A Knox County Sheriff's Office deputy saw the animal at the Forks of the River Industrial Park on the east side of the city, according to a news release.

Sheriff's patrol units and AirWatch are searching for the tiger along with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA), and Knoxville Police Department's Animal Control, the Sheriff's Office said.

It's not known where the tiger came from.

The Sheriff's Office is urging residents to contact them if they see the tiger.”

Steve Thomas

15 hours ago, David Andrews said:

honor.jpg.5ac3a9f9f5478e22b283e730d8af947d.jpg

Pussy Galore: Where's Goldfinger?

Bond: Taking his golden shower.

-- First draft script for Goldfinger

Bond:  He's quite mad, you know.

Pussy Galore:  Yes, James, I suspected that when he demanded his first golden shower.  He moved on me like a bitch.

Bond:  We've got to warn Wheeler and the other goons before it's too late.

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

When did I say Trump is "under the thumb of the MIC"? Maybe you're replying to someone else. I'm saying that I don't understand why in the world the MIC would want to see Trump reelected. I would assume that the active military would concur with retired General and former Secretary of Defense Mattis that Trump is "dangerous" and "unfit."

I have been wondering much the same. One possible explanation for why the MIC and by extension Wall Street might prefer Trump over Biden is that a Democrat controlled government will give access to the progressive wing of the party, even if Biden and Harris represent the center - a slippery slope. 

28 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I have been wondering much the same. One possible explanation for why the MIC and by extension Wall Street might prefer Trump over Biden is that a Democrat controlled government will give access to the progressive wing of the party, even if Biden and Harris represent the center - a slippery slope. 

But which would be worse, our government giving access to the progressive wing of the Democratic party, or our government giving access to Vladimir Putin?

Biden Campaign Firm Hit by Suspected Kremlin Hacking Attack

By Jamie Ross Updated Sep. 10, 2020

https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-campaign-firm-hit-by-suspected-kremlin-hacking-attack?ref=home

“Reuters reported Thursday morning that suspected Russian state-backed hackers have attempted to breach the systems at Washington-based SKDKnickerbocker, a strategy and communications firm working hand-in-glove with Joe Biden’s campaign. The attacks, which took place over the past two months, were unsuccessful.

The failed hacking attempt was brought to SKDK’s attention by Microsoft, which reportedly gathered information identifying hackers linked to the Kremlin as the most likely suspects. The attacks are said to have mainly focussed on phishing—a common hacking method which lures users into disclosing sensitive passwords.

That was the method used by Russian hackers to access DNC emails, which were subsequently leaked online, ahead of the 2016 presidential election.”

Steve Thomas

The publisher of Woodward's book put out a press release three weeks ago hinting at its explosive content and giving its date of publication The publisher of Cohen's book went ahead with its announced publication date. The book publishing world is aware of publishing dates as Hollywood is aware of the dates of release of movies and usually adjusts the time schedule to avoid conflicts that would affect sales of books or tickets. Here the limited time before the election seems to have dominated the decisions as to when to publish.