The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Paul said:The possible explanation for why the MIC and by extension Wall Street might prefer Trump over Biden is that a Democrat controlled government will give access to the progressive wing of the party,

It's not monolithic, but they both have fear of the Progressive wing. Wall Street prefers Trump because they don't want capital gains taxed as regular income and they don't want the corporate tax boosted up to 28%.

Ron said:I would assume that the active military would concur with retired General and former Secretary of Defense Mattis that Trump is "dangerous" and "unfit."

Re: military. Of course, Trump is unfit. But Trump overspent to fund the military. I don't  what the consensus is, particularly of the top brass. I don't think they by in large particularly like him. You'd think that the "suckers and losers ' comment would turn off the rank and file. But among the rank and file for Trump. There's a bit of the "battered housewife" syndrone.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Trump’s extra $300 jobless benefit already running dry in some states

By REBECCA RAINEY 09/10/2020

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/10/trump-jobless-benefit-running-out-411763

“The extra $300 federal boost to unemployment benefits created under an executive action signed by President Donald Trump is already running out for some states, less than a month after the program launched.

Both Texas and Tennessee, some of the first states to start paying the extra benefit, were notified by the Federal Emergency Management Agency this week that they will no longer receive funding to provide the $300 under Trump’s new Lost Wages Assistance Program.

Montana, one of the first states FEMA approved to participate in the program, was also told funding for the program was to be cut off after the week ended Sept. 5. Iowa, which just started paying out the extra $300 benefit last week, said it too had been notified from the federal government that the program has ended.

And in Arizona, the Department of Economic Security recently warned that the extra payment could end in the state as soon as this week.”

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Trump’s extra $300 jobless benefit already running dry in some states

By REBECCA RAINEY 09/10/2020

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/10/trump-jobless-benefit-running-out-411763

“The extra $300 federal boost to unemployment benefits created under an executive action signed by President Donald Trump is already running out for some states, less than a month after the program launched.

Both Texas and Tennessee, some of the first states to start paying the extra benefit, were notified by the Federal Emergency Management Agency this week that they will no longer receive funding to provide the $300 under Trump’s new Lost Wages Assistance Program.

Montana, one of the first states FEMA approved to participate in the program, was also told funding for the program was to be cut off after the week ended Sept. 5. Iowa, which just started paying out the extra $300 benefit last week, said it too had been notified from the federal government that the program has ended.

And in Arizona, the Department of Economic Security recently warned that the extra payment could end in the state as soon as this week.”

Steve Thomas

Here in New York State, we haven't gotten it yet, thanks to Andrew Cuomo.

Edited by David Andrews

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

"Kim Jong Un is in good health. Never underestimate him!"

7:45 AM · Sep 10, 2020

Oh, I'm glad. I've been so worried about him!

Steve Thomas

I know Steve, with all this covid thing in the news, I miss him!   I never hear about him anymore!

Did you hear Kim Jong Un bragged to Trump about  the time he killed his uncle?

I'm sure Trump was drooling at every detai!.

https://wxow.com/2020/09/10/book-kim-jong-un-told-trump-about-killing-his-uncle/

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Part of Kim Jong Un's letter to Trump. Trump has not released his replies, but this dude can write, and these 2 sound "smoking hot."

Kim writes:

Even now I cannot forget that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency's hand at that beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honor of that day. As I mentioned at that time, I feel very honored to have established an excellent relationship with a person such as Your Excellency.

Some more excerpts from other letters:

as we enter the new year the whole world will certainly once again come to see, not so far in the future, another historic meeting between myself and Your Excellency reminiscent of a scene from a fantasy film.

Like the brief time we had together a year ago in Singapore, every minute we shared 103 days ago in Hanoi was also a moment of glory that remains a precious memory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/kim-jong-un-trump-letters-rage-book/index.html

Kim had to be rolling on the floor laughing while aides helped him compose those letters.

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Part of Kim Jong Un's letter to Trump. Trump has not released his replies, but this dude can write, and these 2 sound "smoking hot."

Kim writes:

Even now I cannot forget that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency's hand at that beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honor of that day. As I mentioned at that time, I feel very honored to have established an excellent relationship with a person such as Your Excellency.

Some more excerpts from other letters:

as we enter the new year the whole world will certainly once again come to see, not so far in the future, another historic meeting between myself and Your Excellency reminiscent of a scene from a fantasy film.

Like the brief time we had together a year ago in Singapore, every minute we shared 103 days ago in Hanoi was also a moment of glory that remains a precious memory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/kim-jong-un-trump-letters-rage-book/index.html

In psychoanalytic theory, this kind of rapturous bonding and mutual admiration between two narcissists is called, "twinning."

Notice the contrast with Trump's historically bizarre, devaluing attitude toward world leaders like Angela Merkel.

About the confluence of the Cohen and Woodward books.

Skyhorse distributes now through Simon and Schuster.

They were more or less blindsided by the media shows that Cohen got.  They were not ready with the book to be released at this time.  So they are now trying to keep up with the demand.

But man, talking to Woodward during a reelection year?

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

They were more or less blindsided by the media shows that Cohen got.  They were not ready with the book to be released at this time.  So they are now trying to keep up with the demand.

In today's press briefing Trump muttered something about why he talked to Woodward in these meet ups talks, some of which were by phone.

He actually said he was "curious" in explaining his agreeing to these one-on-one talk engagements with Woodward.

Trump "curious?"  Curious about what?

What a nonsensical, totally "not Trump" claim.

I instantly smelled something fishy with this response from Trump.

Trump doesn't do anything just out of "curiosity."

It was such a ludicrous statement I could feel it's suspicious phoniness.

And Trump was still not disparaging Woodward as much as one would think for his igniting this frenzied national media firestorm of criticism over Trump's knowingly false and virus spreading Covid-19 statements, predictions and proposals such as encouraging the non-wearing of masks and downplaying social distancing, etc. 

He even praised Woodward in two comments. Something about Woodward being respected by many news media figures?

There's something fishy about the whole Woodward/Trump thing imo.

One of Nicole Wallace's guests today described Trump's briefing statements today as crazy. Another one called this whole Woodward expose thing and Trump's illogical participation in it as Trump's "October Surprise" ... against himself!

I even wondered if Trump is actually trying to lose the election. This Woodward episode with Trump's willing participation is so bizarre and Trump hurting this scenario makes as much sense versus not imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

6 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

In today's press briefing Trump muttered something about why he talked to Woodward in these meet ups talks, some of which were by phone.

He even praised Woodward in two comments. Something about Woodward being respected by many news media figures?

Joe,

At his Michigan rally Thursday night, Trump called Woodward "a wack job".

How can you believe someone who talks out of both sides of their mouth?

Steve Thomas

It is truly whacky.

And yes, he does it all the time.

His giving Woodward these media frenzy talking points, which Woodward is now using to make a few million dollars in this book deal, is just another crazy, illogical action on his part. 

Like I said...you are forced to consider Trump "wanting" to lose the next election in trying to make sense of something so illogical.

And like the Nicole Wallace political commentator says...Trump's speaking to Woodward and revealing these self-destructive confessions is like an "October Surprise" ... against himself!

17 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

The media shows that Cohen got?

Lester Holt and Rachel Maddow? 

From what I can see Cohen's book release media blitz lasted about two days before being washed totally away into a non-story by this Woodward book coverage tsunami.

60 minutes doesn't choose it's story coverage on one day's notice either.

Woodward's Trump expose' book isn't even out until September 15th, yet they are doing a story on it even "before" it's release?

60 Minutes feels Cohen's long term deep and closest one-on-one 10 year long and thousands of meetings and direct serious if not illegal shenanigan interactions relationship with Trump reveal book isn't worth reporting?

But Woodward's 18 short and controlled by Trump talk meet ups ( what maybe 36 hours? ) with Trump is?

I don't know who Woodward's publicist is but they sure have a lot more inside tract pull than Cohen's in getting one of the perfect marketing venues with a 60 Minute story on his yet to be released book.

I'll repeat my main "something is being manipulated here" suspicion points.

Woodward's book coverage is way over done and seems to be partly created to dissipate Cohen's and the way more serious damage to Trump it creates.

I feel Cohen's book revelations about Trump's long term corruption are more important and detailed in their real and extensive illegality versus Woodward's that recount Trump's simple bad personal character dishonesty and personally insulting actions that while appalling are not as serious illegally as the Trump actions Cohen is describing.

Woodward's main hyped block buster Trump revelations so far are that he lied to America about Covid's true seriousness and that he has trashed our military generals and military sacrifice more than has been reported, etc.

We already knew Trump was purposely down playing the Covid-19 threat and promoting unhealthy advise in mask use and social gathering for his own self serving election image reasons and spreading false hope cure predictions that over and over haven't panned out.

How many times can you tell the American people things like...it will be gone by April, it will go away with the heat, it will simply go away miraculously, maybe if we could get something like ultra violet sunlight or bleach into our bodies we could knock this thing out, or it's not a threat to young people, a cure will be here by the election, the Democrats are exaggerating the threat to hurt Trump's election chances and these scary proclamations are a leftist press hoax,  etc.,etc., etc, ad nauseam before you finally lose all faith, trust and respect for such a false reality promoting leader?

It's failed leadership irresponsibility to the most disturbing degree most of us have ever seen in the office of the presidency.

Combined with Trump's exposed lies and trashing of everyone who dares criticizes him, including our highest military officials, it's destroying respect for that office and our elected leaders who condone and enable it and our over-all federal government institutions to a truly crisis in confidence degree imo.

Yet, Woodward's "bad character" Trump charges still aren't as serious or important as many of Cohen's charges against Trump from a clearly law breaking point of view.

From campaign finance violations, to tax cheating, to attempted collusion with known criminals and obviously dirty business deals with Russian oligarchs, etc., etc., Cohen's Trump reveals are more serious and important than Woodward's. It's that simple.

Yet, Woodward and his latest book on Trump and most of our Woodward promoting main stream media have shoved Cohen's more important one into a non-story.

Edited by Joe Bauer

- Donald Trump -

"When Hitler was bombing London, Churchill, a great leader, would oftentimes go to a roof in London and speak. And he always spoke with calmness."

You have to hand it to the British people. They must have really good hearing to hear calm-speaking Churchill over all those bombs raining down down on them from the sky.

But that's okay. The people were reassured and didn't panic when he told them that all those bombs they were seeing were just a hoax that would magically disappear when the weather got warm.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas