The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

5 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I heard a news report questioning why Woodward kept this Trump virus admission on camera to himself all these months. Woodward’s explanation didn’t make sense, but even if it were true, as Woodward said, that he had to wait until May to verify the dangers of the virus he still didn’t share it until September. Woodward has a lot to answer for. 

Agree Woodward's explanation answer as to why he didn't report this damage causing Trump lie many months ago didn't make sense and is totally weak in its premise. "I needed more verification"...What?  You knew immediately that Trump was lying in his purposeful downplaying. He told you of the opposite severity truth back in February!

Might have saved some lives if Woodward had exposed this lying way back before almost 200,000 have died.

Woodward is a book machine. And he has got some powerful backers and promoters with Viacom/CBS.

And Trump's and Woodward's unusually cordial and cozy relationship  "Hey Bob...how ya doin buddy?" "Good and you Mr. President?' is suspiciously weird and even illogical imo.

Woodward bashed Trump in his 2018 book "FEAR."

Trump never forgets or forgives criticism like that.

But in Bobby Woodward's case...all's forgiven...???

Nah ... that phony BS don't fly.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Just my opinion, but I'm starting to get the feeling the Woodward book is more deflection and disinformation than news.  We already knew that if Trump's lips were moving, he's lying.  The more salacious and damnable truths about Trump are in the Cohen book, yet the MSM keeps harping on the lying about Covid-19.  Which would you rather be accused of...

22 hours ago, Kathy Beckett said:

This is what I don't get.

Trump said he didn't want to start a panic about COVID .It's on tape, and he has admitted it.

Why in God's name would he have rallies where people are close to each other, with no masks, after he had stated it was a problem? Why would you do that to the people who are planning on voting for you? In an odd way, Herman Cain is a martyr. 

It was John MacArthur, the pastor, who said that Christians have to vote republican because of abortion. With all of the things trump has done, I don't know how any Christian can vote for him.

No doubt Joe, Trump was hoping to coast as a "one trick pony' on the economy and when the virus came, he went deer in ht headlights and just tried to tell himself it wasn't happening. But I'm not sure what kind of power you're suggesting that Woodward has to compel Trump to accept an interview with him?

True about Woodward, Paul. Woodward becomes the 2020 John Bolton ll, holding our for his book above the national interest.

I agree Kathy. What I thought was interesting in the Woodward interview, and really all the more damning of Trump. Back in February Trump says to Woodward that the death rate is much higher than influenza, and over 5%!  In reality, there were never estimates that high, and the death rate is not even a tenth of that.

So for all of his efforts, which I personally rate at a score of 2 in a scale of 10. Ignoring his own experts, assembling people and ignoring risks of infection. His refusal to wear masks and take the virus seriously, Advising Michigan and other states to "liberate" against the advice of his experts. His deplorable record on testing, actually saying stupidly that testing is over rated"! His complete "deer in the headlights" hesitancy to use the Defense Protection Act and order industry to make PPE, his pushing off responsibility to the states. etc.  In all this time, if he actually thought the death rate was 5%, he was willing by his effort to accept up to 17 million deaths!

Of course people would say that's unfair because if he was more adept at math, he would have made a greater effort, but still, could anything have made him move with dispatch?!

Here's Trumpism in a nutshell.

Trump just told a reporter in Vegas that he is not concerned about holding Never Masker rallies because he is, "on a stage, far away from the crowd."

Can't make this stuff up.

Yes W. Another Trumpism! His base overwhelmingly cheers,  "Yeah ,We'd feel the same way! Though some of them were in the crowd standing right alongside each other!

Again why did Trump interview with Woodward again?

To further extend the  "Goldfinger" analogies.. Did Woodward turn the tables and "beckon Trump to enter his web of sin?"  But Trump, "DON"T GO IN ! ...........Oh too late!😢

You can't feel too sorry for Trump. If Trump was really into conspiracy theories he would have known Woodward was CIA.

Another sucker and loser bites the dust!

43 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Here's Trumpism in a nutshell.

Trump just told a reporter in Vegas that he is not concerned about holding Never Masker rallies because he is, "on a stage, far away from the crowd."

Can't make this stuff up.

Shameless laughable...yet his base can't even see or understand this reality.

Trumpism ( in a NUT shell of course) =

Extreme narcissism, cynicism, hedonism, despotism, nepotism, elitism, selfism, delusionism, reality revisionism, anti-intellectualism, obsessive wealth gain mindsetism, ... to name just a few.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Trump Health Aide Alleges Broad Conspiracies and Warns of Armed Revolt

Michael Caputo, the assistant secretary of health for public affairs, told a Facebook audience without evidence that left-wing hit squads were being trained for insurrection, and he accused C.D.C. scientists of “sedition.”

From the article: Mr. Caputo on Sunday complained on Facebook that he was under siege by the media and said that his physical health was in question and his “mental health has definitely failed.”

“I don’t like being alone in Washington,” he said, describing “shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.” He then ran through a series of conspiracy theories, culminating in a prediction that Mr. Trump will win re-election but his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., will refuse to concede.

“And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said. “The drills that you’ve seen are nothing.” He added: “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/us/caputo-virus.html

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Shameless laughable...yet his base can't even see or understand this reality.

Trumpism ( in a NUT shell of course) =

Extreme narcissism, cynicism, hedonism, despotism, nepotism, elitism, selfism, delusionism, reality revisionism, anti-intellectualism, obsessive wealth gain mindsetism, ... to name just a few.

The thing is Joe, whilst some of your list is true, some of it is false. If all we have learnt anything in this forum or the books related to this topic, it is that the president isn’t the most powerful man in America, why would we be so consumed in election politics. we’re just buying in to narratives. If anything a rational human being should be centred somewhere between Trump and Biden, not at the extremes. 

3CD87B90-7E96-4DD0-A4EF-32BCF39EBE42.png

E0EECCB7-0F13-4779-BFFA-E97C1CF011F7.png

17 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

biden.thumb.jpg.e74451cc835c1e62b8df61d509d43a43.jpg

I had to clean out a lot of old photo attachments to make room for this picture.

I wanted to "capture" the full expanse of the loneliness of old Joe, with a mask, in a field, talking to the grass, without cropping for an easier fit.

I think it exquisitely captures the zeitgeist of the Biden campaign.

You are welcome.

It was hilarious when he swatted a bug off of himself while speaking about "environmental justice", whatever that is. 

8 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

It was hilarious when he swatted a bug off of himself while speaking about "environmental justice", whatever that is. 

Could be straight out of The Simpsons.