The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

8 days before the March 1 drop out date for Buttigieg and Klobuchar:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/21/fec-bernie-2020-funding-116558

Warren, Biden and Buttigieg dangerously close to going broke

Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren each started the month scraping perilously close to the bottom of their campaign bank accounts, posing an existential threat to their candidacies as the Democratic primary goes national. </q>

Without James Clyburn’s endorsement and Biden’s black support he loses So. Carolina and drops out just like Buttigieg and Klobuchar.

Pure political gravity that should be regarded as Politics 101.

Edited by Cliff Varnell
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Looking For Obama's Hidden Hand In Candidates Coalescing Around Biden"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/looking-obama-s-hidden-hand-candidate-coalescing-around-biden-n1147471

Obama made the call to Buttgieg. Harry Reed called Klobuchar. Both then dropped out within hours of each other. The "coalescence" around Biden was directed from the top of the Party, not any momentum swinging event or Biden surge. Sanders had all the momentum , the largest most enthusiastic crowds, and then suddenly - poof. Very strange.

But not as strange as, according to Cliff, the black female activist bloc being responsible for ensuring the most right-wing Democrat ticket in a hundred years. I guess the New Deal is truly dead. I suppose next you see the teacher's unions join BLM to demand an end to social security and the privatization of all public infrastructure. That should create unstoppable momentum across the base and bring in all the young people.

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/looking-obama-s-hidden-hand-candidate-coalescing-around-biden-n1147471

Obama made the call to Buttgieg. Harry Reed called Klobuchar. Both then dropped out within hours of each other.

So it took Obama and Reed to point out to Buttigieg and Klobuchar that they didn’t have any money to spend on ten Super Tuesday primaries and neither had shown any strength among non-white voters?

What a crock!

The "coalescence" around Biden was directed from the top of the Party, not any momentum swinging event or Biden surge. Sanders had all the momentum , the largest most enthusiastic crowds, and then suddenly - poof. Very strange.

Not strange at all. 
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/05/super-tuesday-black-voters-analysis-recap

Biden’s comeback was delivered in some measure by strong support from older, black voters, primarily in the south.

Exit polls from Super Tuesdayshow he won 63% of black Democratic voters casting their ballots in Virginia, 72% in Alabama and about 60% in Texas and North Carolina. </q>

Biden won 38% of black voter in CA, Sanders 18%. In MA, Biden got 36%, Sanders 29%. In MN, Biden at 47% & Sanders 43%.

While Bernie did well among younger blacks in the North, it wasn’t enough to overcome Biden’s support among older blacks, who are more reliable voters.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/what-does-the-history-of-black-primary-voting-say-about-20.html

But not as strange as, according to Cliff, the black female activist bloc being responsible for ensuring the most right-wing Democrat ticket in a hundred years.

You’ve long demonstrated an aversion to facts, Jeff, why would this be any different?

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2020-07-08/biden-sanders-release-progressive-unity-platform-for-democratic-party

I guess the New Deal is truly dead. I suppose next you see the teacher's unions join BLM to demand an end to social security and the privatization of all public infrastructure.

Those have been the dreams of the GOP for years.

Since you know very little of American politics your ignorance is understandable.

That should create unstoppable momentum across the base and bring in all the young people.  

Sure, Jeff.  Anything you say.

4 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Obama made the call to Buttgieg. Harry Reed called Klobuchar. Both then dropped out within hours of each other. The "coalescence" around Biden was directed from the top of the Party, not any momentum swinging event or Biden surge. Sanders had all the momentum , the largest most enthusiastic crowds, and then suddenly - poof. Very strange.

But not as strange as, according to Cliff, the black female activist bloc being responsible for ensuring the most right-wing Democrat ticket in a hundred years. I guess the New Deal is truly dead. I suppose next you see the teacher's unions join BLM to demand an end to social security and the privatization of all public infrastructure. That should create unstoppable momentum across the base and bring in all the young people.

Don't forget the multi-pronged effort to disenfranchise the Sanders campaign through voting apps that didn't work, missing ballots or the sudden appearance of bags of ballots and all efforts by the MSM to subvert any Sander's momentum.

Sanders had a much better chance of beating Trump than Hillary in 2016 and would have had a better chance of beating Trump in 2020. 

The whole appeal of Trump in the 2016 Republican primaries was that he was not an insider. He was not another Bush. Sanders strong performance in 2016 and 2020 was for the same reason. He was not another Clinton or Biden.

Aside from being an "outsider", which would take away Trump's arguments that he is the only outsider in the race, Bernie's base was enthusiastic. They would have easily built a strong door-to-door ground effort.

The fact that the Democrats went with an uninspiring kid sniffer like Biden over the energetic Sanders, who would have also brought a solid base of ground troops (door knockers, phone-callers, not the Soros Antifa brigades) tells you that a Democrat win by Bernie would be useless in covering up DNC crimes.

4 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

The whole appeal of Trump in the 2016 Republican primaries was that he was not an insider. He was not another Bush. Sanders strong performance in 2016 and 2020 was for the same reason. He was not another Clinton or Biden.

For all practical purposes, Obama was an outsider in the 2008 primaries running against the chosen inevitable nominee.

There is a good chance that Biden was not supposed to get this far.

Anyone subjected to the NYC media market during the height of the plandemic could see that Gov. Cuomo was rehearsing to replace Biden. 

That plan went out the window when Gov. Cuomo signed an EO on Wednesday, March 25 that mandated NY Nursing Homes accept Covid patients.

On Thursday, March 26, President Trump made the surprise announcement that the USNS Comfort, stationed in Norfolk, would set sail for NYC on Saturday, March 28 and arrive in NY harbor on Monday, March 30, with its 1,000 beds.

The ship was originally undergoing repairs from a six-month tour in South America, a delay that was supposed to last another three or four weeks, but the Navy "did the maintenance very quickly", Trump said.

Trump said the ship will  "provide hospital surge capacity for the New York metropolitan area.” The USNS Comfort will provide an additional 1000 hospital beds for the state. On Tuesday, Governor Andrew Cuomo said New York is currently using 53,000 hospital beds and could potentially need 140,000 additional beds to deal with the pandemic. Link.

In short, the Ship with its 1000 beds showed up a month early.

Despite the extra bed capacity of 1000 beds on the boat, another 1500 to 3000 at the Javits Convention Center, 300 to 400 at the hospital tents in Central Park, and other beds in NY State's Long Island and Upstate counties, the extra bed capacity was never used by Governor Andrew Cuomo.

The USNS Comfort on had about 100 patients at its peak.

Depending on the source, the decision by Cuomo, resulted in an extra 8,000 to 16,000 Nursing Homes Deaths. "Cuomo killed my Mom", as the banner says.

Now the Democrats are stuck with Joe.

Edited by Robert Wheeler

What’s at Stake in This Election? The American Democratic Experiment

Congress should establish a bipartisan commission to monitor voting and ensure that laws and regulations are followed.

By Dan Coats

Mr. Coats served as the director of national intelligence from 2017 to 2019.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/opinion/2020-election-voting.html

The dividing line in US politics is not Dems vs Repubs; it is advocates of the “free market” vs a reformist movement interested in alleviating the social carnage of the boom/bust cycle. This contest has mostly played out inside the Dem Party since FDR. Reform policies poll extremely well and are a proven winning platform. The reformists were ascendant in the 1960s with the election of JFK, and were set to control policy well into the future until all the leaders were murdered. Overcoming resistance to reformist policies within the Dem party has been a key problem since the 1970s, taking into account institutional roadblocks to any third party runs. After the Clinton campaign proved both venal and incompetent in 2016, the stage was set for a progressive insurgency to triumph in 2020, but a significant portion of the Dem base were distracted by the Russiagate hoax through 2017-2018 and their energies effectively diverted. Lame arguments that “pressure from below” is in anyway effective against a free market Democrat executive will prove disappointingly incorrect - as always. Biden and his campaign are already on record as stating any aspirations articulated by the “Biden-Sanders task Force” are already moot, and any available monies will go to the military. This was entirely predictable.

Jeff said:I guess the New Deal is truly dead. I suppose next you see the teacher's unions join BLM to demand an end to social security and the privatization of all public infrastructure. That should create unstoppable momentum across the base and bring in all the young people. 

Heh heh, That's pretty funny, Jeff!

I agree with a lot of what you've said. Though I don't think the reformist Dem base would have done anything different if there had not been a, as you put it, "Russiagate hoax" or not. What could they really do? In the first 2 years, the Republicans controlled everything, gave themselves tax cuts, increased military pending. All they could do was to hunker down for 2018.

I think, assuming a relatively smooth transition, my take would be.
Whether there's Trump or Biden there's not going to be a continuing "v" shaped recovery.
I don't know what the "New Deal" looks like after covid. There's going to be a lot of money spent just to combat the economic displacement that's already happened in the U.S, and Latin America.
It looks like Asia is almost fully recovered. I'm not well versed enough to talk the about recovery in Europe. But they are starting from a lower base than the U.S.

If it was my guess, if Biden won and the Republicans held the house. I don't think there would be enough relief to keep people from rioting, which the Republicans would blame on Biden, and could  adversely affect Biden. But Biden could end up just being a transitional, somewhat sacrificial figure which he's suited for anyway.

If nothing changed and Trump got elected and Repubs held the Senate. Trump will just continue talking like America's recovering then completely recovered, while talking up the projected fact that there will be vaccines to combat the pandemic and come down on the social unrest of people who  don't have enough means or food to eat, under a banner of law and order, and initialize a police state.

The smoothest transition could be a Democratic sweep. Though at best, they can have only a small margin in the Senate and not the 60 needed to get all their agenda. I don't agree with you Jeff, deficit spending is the order of the day, whether it's a Democrats spending stimulus to take care of people who've lost their jobs, local governments and small business or Republicans to save large and small businesses, and we know Trump has no problem at all overspending.

It's possible Biden could be the  figure that the corporate state, Wall Street (and Fox news) fears that will give in to the 'AOC, Sanders"  wing of the party, but will be too old for their more militant factions to have the thought to assassinate. Still it seems for the goals of health care for everyone and re fortifying social security, much less any idea of free education is going to have to take a back seat  to just to stave off the displacement and keep the peace. But Biden could initiate a big infrastructure program as FDR did, because it's sorely needed, and  gives jobs to people (Democrats) and increases commerce, (Republicans)

The deficit spending will not be good for the future generations. There really has to be some draconian taxation such as Sanders proposed tax on  figures such as Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates and  the massive windfalls that the stay at home companies have made at the expense of the brick and mortar companies  and the little guy and small businesses. That sort of taxation wouldn't effect the ability to have an economic rebound. He's going to raise the corporate tax rates as everyone expects, and abolish the Trump tax cuts to the wealthy, and then probably increase their rates.  You'd almost have to bring in some of Elizabeth Warrens wealth tax.

The goal for the Democrats  would be a  perceived repeat Democrat mop up from a previous Republican administration, where the very basic needs of the marginalized are taken care of, and with a long drawn out gradual economic recovery  where at least for a while people aren't gaming the system and making money hand over fist.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Former Model Amy Dorris Says Trump Sexually Assaulted Her At U.S. Open In 1997

“I was in his grip, and I couldn’t get out of it,” Dorris told The Guardian.

A former model has accused President Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the U.S. Open tennis tournament in 1997, adding to the list of more than two dozen women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct over the last few decades.

Amy Dorris told The Guardian that Trump “shoved his tongue” down her throat and grabbed her butt and breasts outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York. Dorris and her then-boyfriend, media mogul Jason Binn, were guests in Trump’s box during the event.

“I was in his grip, and I couldn’t get out of it,” Dorris told The Guardian.

“I don’t know what you call that when you’re sticking your tongue just down someone’s throat,” she added. “But I pushed it out with my teeth. I was pushing it. And I think I might have hurt his tongue.”

Dorris was 24 at the time. Trump was 51 and married to his second wife Marla Maples.

Trump’s legal team denied the allegation, telling The Guardian that there would have been more witnesses if the assault had occurred. They also suggested Dorris’ accusation was politically motivated.

At least 24 other women have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct in incidents that span from the early 1980s to 2016. At least 10 women, including Dorris, have accused Trump of groping or kissing them without their consent. One, E. Jean Carroll, alleged Trump raped her in a department store dressing room in the mid-1990s.

Trump has denied sexually assaulting anyone. He has accused Carroll of being a xxxx and suggested he wouldn’t have pursued her because she’s not his “type.” Carroll filed a defamation lawsuit against him in response.

Last week, the Justice Department, headed by Trump loyalist Attorney General William Barr, took the unusual step of seeking to substitute the U.S. government for Trump as the defendant in Carroll’s lawsuit.

I believe that the main reason the Democrats aren't pounding at this Trump issue ( his biggest "Achilles Heel" one ) is because they are trapped due to Biden's own past unwanted sexual advance baggage. 

If Warren was the candidate ( she has absolutely no baggage in this area ) the Dems could go all out with this Trump sexual predator issue which would be the strongest "emotion grabbing" one in turning women voters against Trump.

Just another reason Warren should have been the Democratic Party candidate imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer