The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Why the Trump Campaign Is Returning Donations to These Superfans

By Daniel Newhauser Sep. 24, 2020

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-the-trump-campaign-is-returning-donations-to-these-superfans?ref=home

“President Donald Trump won’t be able to count on his most loyal donors, just when he needs them the most.

Hundreds of supporters who have consistently emptied their pockets for the Trump campaign have already reached the maximum legally allowable donation as of the end of July, and hundreds more are dangerously close to the limit, according to Federal Election Commission records.

In a letter to Trump’s campaign last month, the FEC flagged more than 35,000 donations totaling $4.56 million from 1,045 donors—including one of Trump’s own ambassadors, a Chinese philanthropist and, apparently, a used car dealership in Memphis.

Though the campaign has raised some $1.1 billion, it has already spent more than $800 million, blowing through cash on fundraising operations, highly paid staff and facilities, and even magnetic phone pouches to keep donors from recording and leaking private meetings, according to a recent New York Times report.

Brett Kappel, a campaign finance expert and lawyer at the D.C. firm Harmon Curran, said the letter, including 855 pages of donations deemed excessive by the FEC, is unprecedented in scale at this point in a campaign and is likely a result of Trump’s unprecedented decision to start his re-election campaign the same day he was sworn into office.

“One of the problems with starting your re-election campaign on Inauguration Day is that your most loyal small donors—the ones who have signed up to give $50 or $100 every week—will hit the $5,600 limit long before the next election,” Kappel said.”

Steve Thomas

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Dennis Berube said:

Sure is Cliff. First, you made it sound like I said something I didn't.

I quoted you directly. I didn’t “make” you sound like anything.

Secondly, here is exactly what Gates said. Also, please don't post Snopes anything, "fact-checkers" are modern form of censorship and again falls into the mainstream bucket.

How is Snopes “censorship”? Who says that fact-checkers can’t be fact-checked?

Just look at their "work" on the JFK case and 9/11.

Okay. Cite what Snopes or Politifact have written about JFK or 9/11.

Similar to the Scientific American that you posted. If you read that article, they do their best to present one side of the issue, but even still they cannot close the door on the counting issue as they mentioned the Colorado reporting.

Ah. So they only present one side of the issue except when they present both sides?

Please read this much lengthier and more detailed article regarding the CDC counting change and other related issues.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/if-covid-fatalities-were-90-2-lower-how-would-you-feel-about-schools-reopening/

RFK Jr (emphasis added):

As we have demonstrated in our first 2 research articles, ‘Are Children Really Recovering 99.9584% of the Time From COVID-19,’ and ‘COVID-19…Have You Heard? There Is Good News!there is a very real concern for Americans over the age 50 and especially over 65 years of age. Risk of fatality increases substantially for Americans over age 50 with at least 1 of the following comorbidities: Hypertension, Diabetes, Elevated Cholesterol, Kidney Disease, Dementia, Heart Disease. </q>

The “very real concern” is old folks catching COVID from asymptomatic young folks.

It would be nice to have an un-edited clip so that Gates’ initial comments in this video are given full context.

1 minute ago, Cliff Varnell said:

It would be nice to have an un-edited clip so that Gates’ initial comments in this video are given full context.

? If you want to, click back to the start of the talk, its not edited at all Cliff, I just put a start time on the part relevant to our discussion.

Your cherry picked quote from that article is fine, but that wasn't relevant to our counting discussion. Did you read that entire article already? Well done, it took me awhile to go through even a portion of the 72 references. But it is a clear view of our covid deaths are not counted the same way as we have counted since 2003.

18 minutes ago, Dennis Berube said:

? If you want to, click back to the start of the talk, its not edited at all Cliff, I just put a start time on the part relevant to our discussion.

Ah. I stand corrected. Yes, from the beginning of the TED it’s clear that Gates is talking about the dangers of climate change from CO2 emissions.  As the Snopes article indicates, you’ve taken Gates’ remarks out of context.

Your cherry picked quote from that article is fine, but that wasn't relevant to our counting discussion. Did you read that entire article already? Well done, it took me awhile to go through even a portion of the 72 references. But it is a clear view of our covid deaths are not counted the same way as we have counted since 2003.

I’m waiting for your point-by-point rebuttal of the Scientific American article.

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald Trump's America

image.png.5dc0890977d929f8409865acda2b52c1.png

image.png.a5557edde8de667719936dd1525b7aed.png

Steve Thomas

You do understand that Biden voters steal Trump signs, don't you?

I don't have a sign because had mine stolen in 2016.

I don't put Trump bumper stickers on my car because I don't want my car Keyed.

Biden supporters are mostly an unhinged bunch.

27 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Biden supporters are mostly an unhinged bunch.

And the Trump knuckle draggers aren't? You would  have to be unhinged to support a lying, fornicating, misogynistic, cheating braggart.  What planet are you living on?

Edited by Ray Mitcham
5 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

And the Trump knuckle draggers aren't? You would  have to be unhinged to support a lying, fornicating, misogynistic, cheating braggart.  What planet are you living on?

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/9/23/coral_anika_theill_people_of_praise

"People of Praise"

The alternative name for "Cult of Trump" supporters.

8 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

A great bumper sticker from the ‘80s was, “Life’s Losers Vote Democrat”

I think it still applies. 

Not so much to the myriad of Interest groups that the Democrats have managed to cobble together for previous Presidential wins, but for the types that don’t fall into any constituency that constantly asserts their victim status.

What are you a victim of Ray?

Racial profiling?

The lack of a Federal mandate for gender neutral bathrooms?

I’m going to guess you don’t have a victim status to assert.

See the bumper sticker.

What I find most troubling is that after nearly four years a Christian evangelical, or Christian of any other description can support a man who embodies everything antithetical to their stated beliefs.  Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt for forgiving and supporting him after breaking every one of the ten commandments (if you break one, you break them all).  This makes us ALL sinners but we are redeemable by repenting (turning about from our evil ways).  Trump cannot even say I'm sorry, must less change his perverted ways.  Sorry for the religious diatribe, but it is simply inconceivable to me that anyone with a firm moral compass could support this.  Off my soapbox.  Going to sit around and try to figure out what I can do to make a difference before/after the trouble starts in November.

Massive movement of former top military, State Dept, and national security officials – many Republicans – endorse Joe Biden

By David Badash, The New Civil Rights Movement

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/massive-movement-of-former-top-military-state-dept-and-national-security-officials-many-republicans-endorse-joe-biden/

"Hundreds of former top U.S. military, State Dept., and national security officials, including many Republicans, are signing letters endorsing former Vice President Joe Biden for President. Each letter includes direct or implicit rebukes of President Donald Trump, his policies, actions, and remarks.

The endorsements include 75 former Republican national security officials; more than 200 retired generals and admirals; and nearly 500 retired Generals, Admirals, Senior Noncommissioned Officers, Ambassadors and Senior Civilian National Security Officials.

“We are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. We love our country. Unfortunately, we also fear for it,” reads the letter from 489 generals, admirals, senior noncommissioned officers, ambassadors, and senior civilian national security leaders.

“The current President has demonstrated he is not equal to the enormous responsibilities of his office,” their letter says, “he cannot rise to meet challenges large or small. Thanks to his disdainful attitude and his failures, our allies no longer trust or respect us, and our enemies no longer fear us.

Another letter, signed by more than 200 retired generals and admirals, “includes 22 retired four-star military officers, among them Navy Adm. Samuel Locklear, who oversaw all U.S. forces in the Pacific from 2012 to 2015, and Adm. Harry Ulrich, who commanded U.S. naval forces in Europe during President George W. Bush’s administration,” NBC News reports.

75 former Republican national security officials, including those who “served during the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and/or Donald Trump, or as Republican Members of Congress,” signed the most scathing letter, rebuking Trump while fully-endorsing Biden."

Steve Thomas

Central to the grift is that no matter what sin you committed or how many of them, you can be saved by accepting whatever it is  they say you have to accept. The prospect expands the field of potential marks exponentially. It's brilliant really. That's why evangelical leaders adore him. If a thrice-married, lying, thieving, whoremongering conman can come around to their side, so can you. As for the rank and file, they see him as a hero being attacked by everything that threatens them and their beliefs -- liberals, hippies, black people, Mexicans, women, gays, scientists, smart people.