The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

I remember a while back Jim twice using the word "fruity" to describe of all people, Richard Nixon!     I finally concluded Jim uses the word "fruity' as the rest of us might use the word "nutty".

I guess you could say, Jim's an "LFer"

heh heh

Re the primary: What can you say, the Northeast ended up abandoning their native sons and daughters and went back to provincial.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

James,

I fully understand, and agree, that calling people names in our debates here is beyond the pale.

However, if I may clarify one thing-- my above comment about "wing nut history" was a reference to Mr. Harwood's reference article, not to Mr. Harwood.

Henceforth, I will, certainly, refrain from using the term, "wing nut" in these discussions.

I am sorry I was wrong to criticise you and I am very disappointed the admin team have already had to hide some of Jim Harwood's post.

25 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Knew that would strike up a Trumpian twitter storm by CV/KG.  Remember the Gallagher Brothers, the heel team from the wrestling scene of the 1960's, well that is what these guys are.

I guess that makes me Ilio DIPaolo. 

Uh oh, here comes the Gallagher Brothers again!  LOL!  🤮

DiEugenio misquotes me and doesn't have the guts to read what I actually wrote?

Good show, Jim. 

Why did it take you five years to denounce Trump's white supremacy?  When are you going to give America's first black President credit for the Iran nuke accords, the negotiated removal of Syrian chemical weapons, or the opening to Cuba?

Putting the photos of Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X on the masthead of your website is an empty form of virtue signalling.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Six Billion Texts and Counting—How the Presidential Campaign Is Blowing Up Everyone’s Phone

By Lachlan Markay

https://www.thedailybeast.com/six-billion-texts-and-countinghow-the-presidential-campaign-is-blowing-up-everyones-phone?ref=home

“It’s not just you; the entire country is being bombarded with political text messages. The numbers are astronomical, and they show no signs of letting up before voters go to the polls next month.

Anyone who’s found themselves on a political party or campaign’s text-messaging list will attest to the fusillade of fundraising appeals to which they’re subjected. The wave can be measured by the persistent buzz of your phone, or chime alerting you to another message in your inbox. But hard macro data on the scale of America’s political text campaigns has been hard to come by. That’s changing with the release of numbers from RoboKiller, a leading service to combat unwanted robocalls and text-messaging spam.

According to RoboKiller data, Americans received an estimated six billion text messages related to the presidential election alone from June through September. And the volume of texts from political campaigns, parties, and interest groups increased substantially over that time. The 2.7 billion political texts that Americans got in September was nearly six times what they’d received three months earlier.”

Steve Thomas

25th Amendment to the Constitution

Section 4: Declaration by vice president and principal officers

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/08/nancy-pelosi-donald-trump-25th-amendment-removal

Democrats in the US Congress have announced a plan to create a commission to review whether Donald Trump is capable of carrying out his presidential duties or should face removal from office.

The office of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, announced a Friday press conference about the bill after she expressed concern that Trump, who is under treatment for coronavirus at the White House, is suffering a “disassociation from reality”.

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Knew that would strike up a Trumpian twitter storm by CV/KG.  Remember the Gallagher Brothers, the heel team from the wrestling scene of the 1960's, well that is what these guys are.

I guess that makes me Ilio DIPaolo. 

Uh oh, here comes the Gallagher Brothers again!  LOL!  🤮

I don't remember the Gallagher Brothers, but I remember Haystacks Calhoun. Oh, and  I remember Saul Weingeroff, the dapper cane-carrying manager of a tag team. I forget the team's name, but Saul refused to let them wrestle in a bout involving Haystacks because he said "I don't want my boys to catch fleas." Later on (I guess after he retired from the wrestling scene, I don't remember) I saw him fight in a boxing match in my hometown of Palatka. His opponent was Johnny Theobold, an ex-minor league baseball player (he had played for Palatka, so was kind of a local hero) who was a truck driver in Palatka for Coca-Cola. (Johnny trained for the fight by running, with breaks to smoke cigarettes.) In the fight Johnny was out on his feet until the referee disqualified Saul for a low blow. Saul pleaded with the ref, saying, "No! If I lose this fight I'm all washed up!"

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Punk Rock is music, and an important cultural trend.  We're sorry you weren't there.

Popular Rock music is looking more like a cultural construct than a cultural trend. The giveaway seems to be that hardly anyone ever got rich making punk music, and the ones that did were Courtney Loved.

“Jimmy Savile was into ‘all sorts of a sick #####’ that ‘we’re not allowed to talk about’…”

Johnny Rotten - Resurfaced BBC Interview - 1978

Still true Mr. Rotten.

7 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Geez.  How anyone could think that after 2016 was simply fruity.  The DNC under Perez was the anti-Bernie part of the party.  And Perez was more or less appointed by Obama in order to neutralize Ellison, the Bernie guy.  Well, Ellison left. And presto, the rest of the candidates drop out early and--well I don't have to tell you what happened.  That was it for Bernie.

Bernie was out in September 2015.

By the end of the Summer 2015, the DNC was on the brink of insolvency. In September, the Clinton Campaign loaned the DNC enough cash to keep the lights on, pay the rent, and keep essential personnel in place. The HRC Campaign essentially owned the DNC at that point and put it's people in there. 

No one ever told Bernie of this arrangement, at least until after the election. I believe Bernie is on record (well after the 2016 election) that he did not know about the agreement. 

Jared Beck, the lawyer who sued the DNC for rigging the 2016 primaries in favor of HRC, referenced the document in his failed suit against the DNC. (The court accepted the DNC argument that it was not bound under the law to honor the results of a primary.) The document (a legal contract) is out there somewhere (I might have the .pdf in some folder on my old PC. Otherwise, it's not impossible to find.) 

The most momentous declassification (other than JFK) of government documents over the past week, entirely ignored by the MSM, brings us back to the Summer of 2016 and fills in many timeline gaps.

As we now know from the "declass", HRC cooked up the whole Russian Collusion Conspiracy.

According to his handwritten notes, former Central Intelligence Agency Director [John] Brennan subsequently briefed President Obama and other senior national security officials on the intelligence, including the “alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.” Daily Wire

The pertinent question, for everyone who long ago stopped giving the MSM any credit for correctly reporting on anything, is;

If HRC told Brennan on July 26, 2016, of the plan to vilify Donald Trump, then when did HRC and her flying monkey's cook up this brilliant idea?

The "brilliant idea" relied on the presumption that the Russians interfered, including the "hacking" of the DNCs emails that ended up in the hands of Wikileaks.

That presumption would of course go out the window if it was discovered the emails were "leaked" (downloaded locally to a thumb drive, rather than hacked; ie. taken remotely via unauthorized access.)

Seth Rich was murdered Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 4:20 AM.

Nobody is still trying to find the murderers.

16 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

The LaRouche org is apparently in the Russia/China camp. Trump is promoting this geopolitical shift. It’s fascinating to watch the Trump supporters here and elsewhere buy into this. If we had a a Democratic President doing this they would be screaming. It’s all sickness really, which camp this Empire will align with going forward. It’s all endless war no matter which way you look. The Enemy appears to be any organization that supports and works towards a really new paradigm, not just a shift of loyalties. Such as the UN. Heaven forbid we should ever entertain an end to national borders. Let’s all retreat back to our Nationalistic shells and support hatred in all its ugliness. Nothing new there. White Homo Sapien men are truly a blessing for the world. 

As far as "Russia" is concerned, the Larouche Org. has been pretty consistent in it's argument that it is not constructive to a peaceful planet to vilify the Russians as election meddlers if they did not actually meddle. As I just posted above;

According to his handwritten notes, former Central Intelligence Agency Director [John] Brennan subsequently briefed President Obama and other senior national security officials on the intelligence, including the “alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.”

On 07 September 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral to FBI Director James Comey and Deputy Assistant Director of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok regarding “U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s approval of a plan concerning U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering U.S. elections as a means of distracting the public from her use of a private mail server.” Full Article.

Similarly, the Larouche Org. stance on China basically boils down to, don't start a war with China over them sending Covid to the USA if that's not what they did.

Larouche has taken this stance from the actions of Secy. Pompeo and the Bannon wing of the Trump Admin. That is, Larouche is not blaming China.

Larouche is only partially right here. The bellicose position of Pompeo and the Bannon wing is an attempt to deflect blame away from the CIA/Ft. Detrick gang that actually concocted the virus, and then deployed in China, with considerable Chinese help. (ie. there are factions in China that were at least not aware of what was going on at the Wuhan lab.)