The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

30 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Would this be considered white privilege? I registered and voted today in Montana in about 15 minutes, with no Montana driver's license.

Andrew,

What part of Montana? I lived in Bozeman for a while. I'd move back there in a heartbeat.

That's not white privilege. That's Montana privilege.

🙂

Do drivers in MT still drive around with $5 bills stuck in their visors to pay the State Police when they stop you for speeding on the Interstate?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Andrew,

What part of Montana? I lived in Bozeman for a while. I'd move back there in a heartbeat.

That's not white privilege. That's Montana privilege.

🙂

Do drivers in MT still drive around with $5 bills stuck in their visors to pay the State Police when they stop you for speeding on the Interstate?

Steve Thomas

I'm in Southeastern Montana, Steve, not the pretty part. Miles City, hardcore cowboy country. Wound up here after the newspaper company I worked for in Ohio decided to exit the business back in 2018. Got rid of all of their publishers to cut costs and then sold out about eight months later. Good move, I suppose. Had to come west to make a living. I've been to Bozeman a couple times. Our home office is in Livingston, so I get over there occasionally.  Really nice out that way. I like it here.

As far as drivers, not sure about the bribes. I can't get used to driving 80 miles an hour. Every car on the Interstate flies by me. Speed limits are 80, but they seem to look the other way pretty much to 90.

42 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

10:30 Eastern. I’m feeling pretty good if I’m Trump campaign.

I would have to agree.  It looks like Biden lost Ohio. But its not over until its over.

It looks like a rerun of 2016 right now.  Biden could not take the Big Three in the South, he only took one.  And it now looks like Trump is doing the same thing that he did to HRC in the Rust Belt.

I will say this, Texas is close.

Edited by James DiEugenio

17 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I would have to agree.  It looks like Biden lost Ohio. But its not over until its over.

It looks like a rerun of 2016 right now.  Biden could not take the Big Three in the South, he only took one.  And it now looks like Trump is doing the same thing that he did to HRC in the Rust Belt.

God Help This Country.

At this point with Trump ahead, America looks as insane as Trump.

Edited by Joe Bauer

9 out of 10 national polls had Sara Gideon beating Susan Collins by 2 to 6% points in the Maine senatorial race for months and right up to today.

Collins is now 10% ahead of Gideon?

Sorry, but I can't accept 9 out of 10 legitimate polling companies being that wrong...without great suspicion.

In fact, these same polling companies got "all" the key swing states wrong as well?

What are the odds of this huge majority of polling companies being this wrong?

I feel in my gut, something just doesn't add up here.

UPDATE:

Incredibly, today it looks like the election has taken a turn in favor of the Democrats.

I am really shocked. Still, I stand by my feelings of suspicion regards the race even being this close.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Not a tough enough campaign by the Democrats.  Too afraid of hitting Trump on his failings, and the GOP on their failings - because too afraid of being hit back just as hard.  No leaning on the stimulus holdup, no compromise that might have swayed the vote.  Harris all but absent in the campaigning, failing to take up Biden's slack.  And, if I'm not mistaken, no Biden visit to Texas, when his backers were calling for it last week.

Edited by David Andrews

11 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I wrote the following post not wanting to believe the unbelievable would happen again, but it looks like it has.

Will American citizens who voted for Biden passively accept "another" popular vote negating electoral process ( 3 in the last 6 elections ) and selection of Trump over Biden even though Biden and the Democrats once again have won the Presidential election popular vote?

After 3 popular vote wins but electoral losses in the last 20 years, will they finally go to the streets and demand this singular popular vote negating scam be reversed and permanently done away with?

If Biden wins the popular vote election but Trump is handed the office, that would once again tell these 70 million + voters for Biden that their votes are meaningless.  As they were in 2,000 and 2016.

How much vote disenfranchisement can American voters take?

Most already lost a lot of trust with our leaders and voting system ( and our Supreme Court in 2,000 ) after those two other denied popular vote win elections.

If Biden and the Democrats win the popular vote and are electoral college denied office "again" ... what should Americans do?  Just shrug and say ... C"est La Vie?

And simply accept the thought and belief that our democratic citizen voting process is a joke?

24 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Not a tough enough campaign by the Democrats.  Too afraid of hitting Trump on his failings, and the GOP on their failings - because too afraid of being hit back just as hard.  No leaning on the stimulus holdup, no compromise that might have swayed the vote.  Harris all but absent in the campaigning, failing to take up Biden's slack.  And, if I'm not mistaken, no Biden visit to Texas, when his backers were calling for it last week.

Maybe if Michael Bloomberg had committed as much money to Biden's campaign run as he did his own brief Democratic Primary one ( 115 million versus almost 1 BILLION ) they might have swung two or more states and especially the senatorial race in Maine.

I still can't believe half this country supporting a guy like Trump. I thought the unprecedented public condemnation of Trump by so many top tiered military, intelligence, state department and justice department officials, former Attorney Generals, psychiatric and other medical professional experts would somehow break the cult of Trump worship with just enough effect to sway the election.

But I was wrong.

Clearly, nothing...NOTHING can break Trump idolizer's devotion to him as their heroic and spiritual leader I guess.

I hate to say this Joe, but I think that is what is going to happen.

But Biden is not going to win the popular vote by that much.  Which means all those national polls were off again.

I would really like to see a comparison of the exit polls with the national polls. Exit polls are supposed to be pretty much right on.

21 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Maybe if Michael Bloomberg had committed as much money to Biden's campaign run as he did his own brief Democratic Primary one ( 115 million versus almost 1 BILLION ) they might have swung two or more states and especially the senatorial race in Maine.

I still can't believe half this country supporting a guy like Trump. I thought the unprecedented public condemnation of Trump by so many top tiered military, intelligence, state department and justice department officials, former Attorney Generals, psychiatric and other medical professional experts would somehow break the cult of Trump worship with just enough effect to sway the election.

But I was wrong.

Clearly, nothing...NOTHING can break Trump idolizer's devotion to him as their heroic and spiritual leader I guess.

Bloomberg donated millions to expand voting rights in Florida.  I can't believe he did that for a Trump win.  But I also can't believe Florida went for Obama twice but not once for Biden-Harris, repeating 2016.

If Biden had taken Texas by now (12:50 AM, EDT), that and his leads in Arizona and Maine could have conceivably got him over 270, the other states not yet reporting.  Then Trump would have had to spend days, at least, counting late ballots.

Edited by David Andrews

9 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I'm in Southeastern Montana, Steve, not the pretty part. Miles City, hardcore cowboy country. Good move, I suppose. Had to come west to make a living. I've been to Bozeman a couple times. Our home office is in Livingston, so I get over there occasionally.  Really nice out that way. I like it here.

As far as drivers, not sure about the bribes. I can't get used to driving 80 miles an hour. Every car on the Interstate flies by me. Speed limits are 80, but they seem to look the other way pretty much to 90.

Andrew,

Been to Miles City a couple of times. Lonely country out there, but that's where Big Sky really means something. Your whole being gets swallowed up there.

The $5 wasn't a bribe. It was the speeding fine back then, and you could pay the policeman directly.

Those were the days.

Steve Thomas

23 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I think Michigan is Biden. The entire rust belt outside of Ohio as well. Yes Arizona is Biden, as Cliff said.

I don't trust the South or any of the State governments, outside of possibly Florida. But Florida has always teased and failed. Once burned, twice shy.

Biden 291, Trump 247,  

if Biden can get Florida Biden 320, Trump 218

Biden wins by 7-8 million. 2.5 times HC's lead in 2016.

Democrat sweep in Senate 53-54 to 47 to 46.

We find out Pennsylvania won't even start counting mail in ballots until Wednesday! And Trump will probably do well in walk in voting tomorrow. So there's plenty of time for Trump to stir up sh-t. How lame. All states should be counting mail in ballots from the start, and some don't until election day.

Not to toot my horn.
So far I think I will have correctly predicted 47 out of 47 states, with the 3 critical outstanding ones remaining. Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. I have Biden winning all those. Though Fox News whose much more aggressive at projecting the winners than CNN, hasn't yet predicted those 3 states and Georgia, North Carolina, or Ohio for Trump, or Nevada for Biden. Trump's ahead in those states and I already predicted them so I'm giving them to Trump and Nevada to Biden.
I have Biden, getting those 3 states and finishing with 291, so even if Trump won Pennsylvania. Biden still has 271, and wins,  but that is of course only if Michigan and Wisconsin goes for Biden. And in all 3 states Biden is currently behind. But in all those states, the Democrat strongholds and the early votes  have largely yet to be counted.

As predicted there's going to have to be a big  bunch of lawsuits about Pennsylvania.

The CNN coverage is very number oriented, almost exclusively about the Presidential race. The Fox news has about everybody on board  including Tucker Carlson. Their analysis number cruncher  Bill something is a  novice compared to Bill King at CNN, and botches his figures from time to time. The fact that this election is not a blowout but is close, had the Fox news people coasting and confident until Fox projected Arizona going to Biden. Then a pall went over them as Trump lost the first state he had won in 2016. Now they're they're arguing with themselves if they didn't prematurely make the Arizona projection.

So now they've just brought out their chief analyst, who is defending their call of Arizona, and is 100% sure.Now for the first time on Fox, the analyst  reveals that the mail in ballots which are largely outstanding in the counting, in the critical 3 states are strongly Democrat votes and he's explaining that's why he also hasn't called North Carolina and Georgia for Trump. And he says, although Trump is ahead in Wisconsin, he thinks Biden most likely could win.
As you might know, Biden's made a statement,preaching patience and apparently Trump is about to comment.You know he's going to talk tough , and say he was robbed.
This is close and may not be settled tomorrow. Nov. 4th. 

Edited by Kirk Gallaway