The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

47 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Sidney Powell's latest legal filing in Georgia:

image.png.1d3d1ecb30782a8e5a67f95480e9c5bb.png

Steve Thomas

Yes, by all means, investigate this. Perhaps Trump thinks the election was stolen from him via Dominion, because his plans to steal it for himself via Dominion didn't pan out.

Or maybe it was just a brain fart. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

On 11/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Hitler and Mussolini also had big crowds.

Trump a Democrat?  That's simply absurd.

Trump is a plutocrat, running a kakistocracy, in the guise of a populist.

His policy decisions have all been predicated on bribery-- optimizing his own interests.

In fact, I sincerely believe that Sheldon Adelson, et.al., could still effectively bribe Trump to bomb Iran, if they were so inclined.

Bingo! Bravo! Right On!

7 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

More from psychologist Mary Trump on her "deeply damaged" uncle.

“President Donald Trump's estranged niece, Mary, says her uncle hasn't conceded the 2020 presidential election because he truly believes he won.

"’He's the only person I've ever met who can gaslight himself,’ Mary Trump told Vice News last week, ‘I don't think he's ever accepted the truth of the loss. I don't think he's psychologically or emotionally capable of that.’….

“One of the core themes of (her) book is that the president's father, Fred Trump Sr., trained his son never to show weakness.

“Accepting defeat, she said, would be a sign of weakness…. ‘Donald is a deeply damaged person.... Probably the most central part of Donald's psychopathology is the need to deny any reality that paints him as a loser or as somebody who is weak.’”

Mary Trump said that she thinks her uncle genuinely believes he won the election and that he's the only person she knows 'who can gaslight himself'

Some people would pass off Mary Trump with a super major axe to grind, being finagled out of part of her fortune. Since she's a bit of a bonanza to the anti Trump MSM, she 's often baited in interviews to say what they want her to say.. But she doesn't give in and is very concise in her remarkable insights into her uncle, IMO.

I would imagine you could pretty much tell one's attitude toward President Trump by if they've had any occasion to be curious enough to have caught either a TV/podcast interview or have a read an interview piece about Mary Trump.

Yes Dave, I did see Peter Falk as what I assumed was a lame portrayal of Castro in the TWZ. Not only was it the worst thing I've ever seen Falk do, but was probably the most shameful episode of political propaganda I ever saw on the TWZ, at least as I recall!

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Some people would pass off Mary Trump with a super major axe to grind, being finagled out of part of her fortune. Since she's a bit of a bonanza to the anti Trump MSM, she 's often baited in interviews to say what they want her to say.. But she doesn't give in and is very concise in her remarkable insights into her uncle, IMO.

I would imagine you could pretty much tell one's attitude toward President Trump by if they've had any occasion to be curious enough to have caught either a TV/podcast interview or have a read an interview piece about Mary Trump.

Mary Trump has me wondering if Donald's upbringing ("never show weakness") somehow triggered his narcissistic personality disorder, or are they two separate things, a psychological double whammy.

23 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

In 2012 I was fed up with Obama, voted Green Party.  But those last 3 years of Obama weren’t bad, drone strikes aside.

Cliff,

What didn't you like about Obama's first term?

It seemed to me in 2008 that the most important domestic issues at the time were the Great Recession -- which many economists thought might deteriorate into a second Great Depression -- and the spiraling cost of medical care. (See my story below that gives my first hand experience with spiraling medical care costs.)

We all know how Obama's handling of the financial crisis turned the Great Recession into the longest economic expansion in history. And how he saved the auto industry without costing taxpayers a dime.

We all know how successful Obamacare has been in getting 20 million Americans on health insurance, affordable to most. Obamacare isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.

My Experience with Affordable Healthcare Turning into Unaffordable Healthcare

Even as a low-income self-employed person most my life (due to my perpetual involvement in high-tech startup companies), I was still able to afford private health insurance from the time I graduated from college. However, insurance premiums began to rise precipitously around the year 2000 and by 2005 I had to cancel my plan due to the fact that I could no longer make payments.

In 2018 I ended up in intensive care unit at the hospital. The bill ended up being $85,000. Thank god I had Obamacare, which left me with only a $2,000 out-of-pocket expense.

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Cliff,

What didn't you like about Obama's first term?

The lack of a public option in the ACA, Libya, the sequester compromises, the DEA crackdown on California cannabis clubs, nothing on immigration but deportations.

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The lack of a public option in the ACA, Libya, the sequester compromises, the DEA crackdown on California cannabis clubs, nothing on immigration but deportations.

In Obama's defense, the ACA public option was shot down in the Senate Finance Committee by a bipartisan coalition of all Republicans (led by Grassley) and Democrats Max Baucus and Joe Lieberman.

And let's recall also that Obama only had a cooperative, semi-functional Congress to work with in 2009 and 2010, when he was trying to prevent a second Great Depression and implement the first universal healthcare system in American history.

6 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

In Obama's defense, the ACA public option was shot down in the Senate Finance Committee by a bipartisan coalition of all Republicans (led by Grassley) and Democrats Max Baucus and Joe Lieberman.

And let's recall also that Obama only had a cooperative, semi-functional Congress to work with in 2009 and 2010, when he was trying to prevent a second Great Depression and implement the first universal healthcare system in American history.

In 2009 the Dems voted to pass any healthcare measure under reconciliation, as a budgetary exercise which only required 50+1 in the Senate.  Obama and Harry Reed were too chicken shy to pull the trigger on a big healthcare program with only 50-odd votes. 

They let that pos Lieberman kill public-option/Medicare-at-55.

Final 2020 presidential election results.

Popular vote:

Biden 81,283,735

Trump 74,221,580

Electoral:

Biden 306

Trump 232. 

Brian Cox is both dismayed and optimistic about the future of our species. For dismay, look no further than Donald Trump’s hair. “I saw some rally where he was talking about his favourite hairspray and berating scientists who told him that by spraying out of the can you could have an impact on the atmosphere,” Cox recalls. “And he told the gathered throngs of supporters, ‘Come on folks if the windows are closed how can you possibly have any impact on anything outside of your own space, your own apartment?’ Such a deep fundamental... and of course the crowd cheered. And to watch this.” His voice trails off.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 12/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, Cliff Varnell said:

Why can’t anyone on the Anti-anti-Trump Left give Obama credit for anything?

Credit where it's due. The Obama DOJ gave immunity to bankers for any wrongdoing and even gave them data immunity which is a de facto sovereignty over the DOJ. The failure to prosecute any of the now immune cartel (biggest) banks has set a precedent that is hard to understate. Giving him credit for saving the economy is a bad joke, it's like crediting Bush for his "Mission accomplished" delusion.

Obamacare was written by BigPharma. It did contain some good things, largely token items designed to quell public backlash as much as possible, but a real president would have taken his case to the public and used their political power to pass a real "change" like a public option. This is what JFK did with the nuclear test ban treaty, it probably wouldn't have passed any other way. But Obama was always a Wall Street guy. I heard Jim D recently say that one of Obama's aides asked him if his second term would be like his first or if he was actually going to go for real hope and change, allegedly Obama said something like "Look what happened to Dr. King". I think that says it all. 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:28 PM, Kathy Beckett said:

Anybody else got a guess?

The gif worked for me, a vague graph with no labels from the NY medical examiners office. The graph shows a sharp statistical increase for the years beginning in the mid 60's, roughly the same as when the checkered flag business began 56 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Part 2: Ratio Transfers Proved; Entire Algorithm Reversed, net 200,353 votes for Biden. (Georgia)

Summary: Final hijacked state is 287,424 total votes. 242,434 Biden, 42,109 Trump, Net gain 200,325

Final hijacked state is 14.65% Trump.

All hijacked precincts after release report: 93,327 Trump out of 504,700. That is 18.49%, if we subtract the hijacked votes from the final aggregate state we get: 51,218 Trump out of 217,276, which is 23.57% Trump.

That the final hijacked state of all precincts can have their total votes changed to a uniform number, such as 20,000 total votes per precinct, and the percentage remains the same (14.65%), which is proof that a simple linear algebra algorithm was adjusting requisite precinct totals against a flat polarized template....more summary at link below.

Link to video - It's over 2 hours. The comment section on Youtube has additional links to the data, spreadsheets and methods used. 

Go ahead and repeat the MSM mantra that "there is no evidence." 

I'm curious as to why all the "evidence" of the election being rigged is of Democratic fraud. You would think that the party in power would have the upper hand in rigging an election (and isn't Georgia, for example, run by Republicans?), yet the Republicans couldn't steal one vote while the Democrats were having a field day?

Oh, wait, maybe that's why the Republicans did so well in the election outside of Trump. Massive Republican fraud! But then why didn't they help the poor thing at the top of the ticket?

4 hours ago, Dennis Berube said:

Credit where it's due. The Obama DOJ gave immunity to bankers for any wrongdoing and even gave them data immunity which is a de facto sovereignty over the DOJ. The failure to prosecute any of the now immune cartel (biggest) banks has set a precedent that is hard to understate. Giving him credit for saving the economy is a bad joke

Obamacare was written by BigPharma. It did contain some good things, largely token items designed to quell public backlash as much as possible, but a real president would have taken his case to the public and used their political power to pass a real "change" like a public option. This is what JFK did with the nuclear test ban treaty, it probably wouldn't have passed any other way. But Obama was always a Wall Street guy. I heard Jim D recently say that one of Obama's aides asked him if his second term would be like his first or if he was actually going to go for real hope and change, allegedly Obama said something like "Look what happened to Dr. King". I think that says it all. 

I think Dennis has done a pretty good job at listing Obama low lights. Though I do agree with Cliff's initial statement that he Obama doesn't get credit for highlights.

Obama missed his best chance at becoming a great President by not instituting financial reform after the Great Recession. When all the big bankers met with him, (and Geitner) they were expecting to be reprimanded much more than they were. It was the greatest financial debacle since the Great Depression in the 30's and the world kingpin of it was the U.S.banking system.

Dennis said: "But Obama was always a Wall Street guy."

Wall Street was bitchin' abut Obama for 8 years for the "slowest economic recovery in history", but the hole GW dug could have been catastrophic. Instead Wall Street took a couple of year hiatus, learned to game the new system and was bitchin all the way to the bank in Obama's last 6 years.

Dennis said;, it's like crediting Bush for his "Mission accomplished" delusion.

Actually Obama had much greater hopes and if he could of, would have gone for a "public option'. for a first step. But when he entered office he was left with a big campaign promise and saw that Reid and Pelosi were not making any progress in Congress, so he took the Mitt Romney Big Pharma Republican solution just like he did with Orrin Hatch's SCOTUS recommendation of Merrick Garland and thought naively in both cases "how could the Republicans possibly object?" Then he found out that after many years of Republican paying lip service about doing something about healthcare, It was just BS, and they  never had any intention of ever doing anything,

Dennis is right, he should have taken it to the American people. He should have made a pitch to the Gods at a time when the U.S. was down and desperate for solutions. .He ended up being the Jackie Robinson President. He was very aware of his place in history as the first black President and apprehensive about coming off too uppity because there would be a white backlash. I think I've put his judgment down on this more in the past, but the fact is now with Trump I've seen the white backlash. Trump is the white vote.

I don't think he pushed hard enough on the ACA at the beginning. But when they talk about  a "master politician". It is someone who knows what he can accomplish. But he left way too much on the table with the bankers, but in the end  I don't know how much better deal he could have gotten on healthcare. The Republicans and the right wing media persecuted him so much on Obamacare, and eventually came within one  vote of dismantling it.

In response to Sandy's benefiting from the ACA. As one center right American Colombian expat who spent 5 years in the UK, on this expat forum I check out, and generally pisses me off, but surprised me one day when he said "Obama's was inexperienced, he had career as a  community activist, I don't know what that means, but you've got to give him credit, I know several people who would have died if not for Obamacare."

Edited by Kirk Gallaway