The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

This explains why Jo Jorg got so many votes in every precinct (I'm a Libertarian and I know very few libertarians who voted for Jo this year, due to the importance of this monumental election)."

Reality shows, in the state of Pennsylvania, the Libertarian candidate in 2016 received more votes (even though a significantly lesser amount of total votes were cast in Philadelphia and statewide) than the current 2020 election.

Libertarian.png

Sociologist and historian Jack Goldstone, in an interview with Paul Rosenberg, of Salon Magazine.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/this-historian-saw-is-all-coming-30-years-ago-how-americas-failure-is-pushing-us-off-the-cliff/

“So here we are with this election. There was no mass rejection of Trump. It wasn’t about Trump. People didn’t understand that four years ago, and apparently they still don’t understand it now. The breakdown, the polarization, the divisions of American society are not about Trump,. They are about people rejecting the actions of an elite — both conservatives and liberals, it really didn’t matter; it was both New York elites and Texas elites — rejecting a notion of a society in which winners take all and government should be starved, with no provide benefits or support for communities that are in trouble, and basically leaving people on their own.

So, we have hundreds of millions of people whose lives, they feel, are slipping away from them. They feel their opportunities for their families and their children are getting fewer, rather than greater, they see the government getting further and further into debt. They don’t see why. What’s all that money being wasted on, if their lives aren’t getting better? And so they are voting to reject everything in the traditional elites and establishment politics. They reject everything they’ve seen for the last 30 or 40 years, because it has neglected and demeaned their lives.

So, they’re voting for the outsider, the renegade, the person who’ll upset the apple cart and who at least says, “I’m doing this for you,” regardless of the reality and regardless of the delivery. Someone who says, “The people that you’re angry at are the people I’m angry at, and I’m going to do something about it for you.” That’s enough to earn their deep, steadfast loyalty, and that’s why they came out in such large numbers to vote for someone, even if the other half of America says, “Well, you know, this guy Trump seems to be divisive and incompetent and nasty and so we’re not going to vote for him.”

You know, half of America thinks he still gets it: “He understands our situation. We don’t want to be taxed and have money wasted. We don’t want to live in a situation where we’re constantly worried that other people are taking our opportunities, our jobs. We want to feel defended, supported.” That’s their America, and they want it back.  I saw all this coming when you have an elite that lives inside guarded communities and makes it harder to get into school, and instead of investing to deal with declining productivity puts its money into fancy real estate and showy acquisitions.”

Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Robert:

I am sure you are aware of JIm Hougan's work on Jones.

It pretty much nails him as either an asset or agent.

Yes, and Hougan's website is an excellent resource. There are many eerie parallels to JFK case. 

For anyone interested:

http://jimhougan.com/JimJones.html

Edited by Robert Burrows
4 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Reality shows, in the state of Pennsylvania, the Libertarian candidate in 2016 received more votes (even though a significantly lesser amount of total votes were cast in Philadelphia and statewide) than the current 2020 election.

Libertarian.png

Again, if you are not going to post a link to where you got something, it is not worth my time to address. I may not have the time to counter every opposing assertion that is linked to a source, but I certainly do not have time to dig around the internet looking for where you got your facts.

Its just a simple courtesy. Maybe you have a point. Don't make anyone dig for it though.

4 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Republican judge throws out another frivolous lawsuit.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-pennsylvania-giuliani-lawsuit-235604325.html

The Trump campaign responds to today’s Pennsylvania court ruling: “Today’s decision turns out to help us in our strategy to get expeditiously to the U.S. Supreme Court ... We’re thankful to the Obama-appointed judge for making this anticipated decision quickly.”

Link to Trump Campaign Statement. Re: Penn Case.

As you can see, the lawsuit was presented in a way to move it to the US Supreme Court more quickly.

12 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

I'm not going to waste my time debating you if you can't see that the facts that you present have nothing to do with the fact that the caller in the video is displaying all of the traits of a cult member who has been thoroughly conditioned to unconditionally follow the orders of the Leader of the cult, up to and including a stated willingness to die for, and an implied willingness to kill for, the Leader. 

Your assumptions about my level of knowledge regarding the events that transpired in Jonestown on November 18, 1978 are incorrect. The images of the hundreds of bloated bodies, especially the rotting bodies of mothers and their murdered children, that were shown on the national news, are forever burned into my consciousness. I've done quite a  bit of research on Jim Jones. Did you know that there was a connection between Jim Jones and the JFK assassination? Not only did Mark Lane represent (at the bequest of Marguerite Oswald) Lee Harvey Oswald in front of the Warren Commission, he also was hired to represent the Peoples Temple in federal court just prior to the massacre. 

Jim Jones certainly seems as crazy as advertised but he also may have been playing the part of the patsy whether he knew it or not.

Among others, the Layton Family seem a lot more important than conventional accounts of the Jonestown massacre typically portray. Mae Brussell was on their tail two weeks after the massacre. I linked to a few sources on this comment a few days ago.

Lawrence Layton ran the Chemical Weapons program at Dugway in the early 50s. His son shot Leo Ryan. His wife was the Jonestown business manager. His daughter was in Panama during the massacre, depositing cash into a Panamanian bank (Panama was always a money laundering destination.)

Something that I read a few days ago that I never heard of before is the term "Jewish Quaker." I'm not up to speed on the specifics, other than in the early 19th Century, some Quakers and some Jews in mostly the Philly area were closely affiliated and occasionally accused of conspiring together. (Jews of course have always been the subject of some form of bigotry, and Quakers were also apparently viewed suspiciously back in the day; at least in the Philly area, where most of them were concentrated.)

Anyway, Lawrence Layton came from a Quaker family, and of course Ruth Paine became a Quaker. (Wikipedia says she became a Quaker. I thought she was already from a Quaker family. Feel free to correct me.)  Without accusing Quakers or Jews of collaborating in any recent conspiracies, I just thought it was interesting that the two groups were viewed pretty suspiciously back when Philadelphia was the most "happening" city in North America. (I always thought Quakers were mostly uncontroversial "peaceniks" and just known for their oatmeal.)   

Edited by Robert Wheeler
19 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Hitler and Mussolini also had big crowds.

Trump a Democrat?  That's simply absurd.

Trump is a plutocrat, running a kakistocracy, in the guise of a populist.

His policy decisions have all been predicated on bribery-- optimizing his own interests.

In fact, I sincerely believe that Sheldon Adelson, et.al., could still effectively bribe Trump to bomb Iran, if they were so inclined.

BREAKING... I'm interrupting Wheeler's 657 Trumpaganda posts on this thread to report that Donald Trump just ordered B-52 bombers from Minot, North Dakota to the Middle East.

I think Trump is going to bomb Iran for Bibi and Mohammed Bin Salaami...

52 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

BREAKING... I'm interrupting Wheeler's 657 Trumpaganda posts on this thread to report that Donald Trump just ordered B-52 bombers from Minot, North Dakota to the Middle East.

Seriously?

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

W.,

While I think it probably did happen, so far I am only seeing Fox News as a source for this. The other major news outlets don't seem to be hawking this very much.

It would be a question of how many bombers and where they are being sent.

It does sort of raise the question of what Pompeo has been doing running around the Middle East visiting Israel and the UAE though.

Steve Thomas

Since nobody has started a new thread regards this being the 57th anniversary of JFK's assassination, I thought I'd at least mention it on this our most active one .

I surfed the main internet news sites for anything on the anniversary and all that popped up were two brief editorial pieces. One in a Tallahassee, Florida newspaper and another one in Texas I believe.

The one from Florida just expresses the writer's "well read on the subject" conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in doing JFK.

I guess when the JFK event passed the 50 year old historical mark it's anniversary is no longer considered worth mentioning in our main stream media anymore.

I haven't been in any grocery stores this week to see whether the National Enquirer has any anniversary memorial front page mention of JFK's killing or of Trump's pet conspiracy belief that Ted Cruz's father was involved.

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

W.,

While I think it probably did happen, so far I am only seeing Fox News as a source for this. The other major news outlets don't seem to be hawking this very much.

It would be a question of how many bombers and where they are being sent.

It does sort of raise the question of what Pompeo has been doing running around the Middle East visiting Israel and the UAE though.

Actually, the story I saw was from Bismark, North Dakota.*

Meanwhile, Bibi Netanyahu said today that he will push back on any attempts by the Biden administration to rejoin the international Iranian nuclear disarmament deal.

*CENTCOM: B-52s from Minot Air Force Base sent to Middle East Saturday

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2020/11/22/centcom-b-52s-from-minot-air-force-base-sent-to-middle-east-saturday/

Edited by W. Niederhut