The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Can anybody really be surprised about this?, much less shocked.

Obviously this Koo Koo Koup should never been able to get inside the Capitol. Now they're feeling their oats. The Capitol resistance was sort of emblematic to the passive response to Trump over the last 4 years. Either people were politically afraid of him or just didn't show any backbone. Even now,in Congress,  the strongest condemnation comes from Mitt Romney which is relatively tame. The Democrats just never can motivate themselves to mete out punishment.

Joe Biden wants to be Gerald Ford and heal the nation. But the Republican are not going to bear the brunt of the blame. So nothing's truly going to get resolved. 

I'd say prosecute everybody  who entered to varying degrees of the law including strong jail time. And don't spare Donald Trump any prosecution, for anything, or any of his partners in crime. If you can't do anything else, ostracize Hawley , Cruz and the others. Draw out the resistance and quash them.

Accept whatever consequences. but my guess is healing will come in time. and it  will happen quicker than when we recovered from the 60's. If we ever did!                                                                                                       heh heh

I remember we were wondering what might happen on the 200th anniversary July 4th, 1976, because there were rumors that the left in exile (was it the Weather Underground?) was going to plan a big terrorist event. When that didn't happen. It pretty much told me the left resistance was over.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Pictures of this palace coup that will resonate for years to come will be these:

The picture of the plain clothes security officers crouched and aiming their drawn pistols toward the smashed window behind the lecturn with Congress members cowering down all around.

The smugly smiling intruder lounging in Nancy Pelosi's office chair with one leg and foot extended out and up and resting on her messed up desk.

Trump supporters lifting themselves up and through smashed windows to get inside the Capital building.

The look of absolute terror on the faces of cowering congressmen and women, one even donning a full head covering see through gas mask.

Tear gas clouds and flash bang bursts on the steps of the Capital building with hundreds of Trump mob people running to and fro.

Weirdly unconcerned looking Donald Trump standing outside the White House giving a stand down speech that was 100% sympathetic to the mob seige crowd ( even saying he felt "their" pain and frustration and expressing his love for them ) versus "none" for the traumatized victims of the Trump vigilante mob invasion.

Capital police running through the building seemingly out numbered and with Trump crazies walking and running around non-confronted all by themselves or together. 

The surreal Capital building seige scene kind of reminded me of the Roger Stone staged Brooks Brothers building seige of the Miami/Dade County election count building days after the 2,000 Presidential election. Where paid agitators were bussed in to create intimidating threatening chaos by actually bursting into the building and pounding on glass doors just feet away from the frightened vote counters.

This Capital Building seige had the same Roger Stone style of direction look and feel but on a national stage scale of fear and shock beyond anything the average American could have imagined. 

The worked up, out of control angry mob breaking in invasion of one of our top three most sacred buildings of government while our Congress is actually inside with tens of millions of Americans seeing it happen live on national TV right in front of their eyes with flash grenades exploding and tear gas clouds wafting was so shocking it was even traumatizing.

Every news outlet cut off normal formats to continuously follow and report the event. Like 9-11.

Our own largest audience San Francisco radio news station KCBS stopped all other broadcasting to follow the DC mob invasion event minute by minute.

Imagine what America's young people who are stuck at home by the millions and seeing this chaos themselves on national TV were thinking about this out-of-control Trump supporter riot?

Their lives have already been turned upside down to long term effecting traumatizing degrees and now they see this worked up Trump supporter chaos madness seige/rioting right in the sacred buildings of our highest government business?

How much more damage can Trump and his worked up followers do to this country which is already traumatized by this unprecedented stress creating virus?

I'm sure Trump will come up with something in his totally self-serving obsession fight to keep his ego maniacal power position and name in lights no matter the damage cost to the rest of us. 

Trump's niece Mary tried to tell us and even warn us to this reality about her "Too Much And Never Enough" egomaniacal uncle Donald.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Finally, major American newspaper's front page calls for Trump's removal.

Two today, for sure more in the next few days.

The Boston Globe, New York Daily News and L.A. Times have called for Trump's removal a year ago.

The Washington Post’s editorial board took the extreme step on Wednesday of calling for President Donald Trump’s Cabinet to remove him from office after he encouraged a mob of his supporters to storm the U.S. Capitol building. 

“The president is unfit to remain in office for the next 14 days. Every second he retains the vast powers of the presidency is a threat to public order and national security,” reads the piece, published to the Post’s Opinion section Wednesday night. 

The editorial board urged Vice President Mike Pence and the rest of Trump’s Cabinet to meet immediately and invoke the 25th Amendment, a law that allows the vice president to take over presidential duties if the president is no longer able to do her or his job due to sickness or disability. Once a president is removed under the 25th Amendment, the vice president and Cabinet members can decide if the president is “unable to discharge the powers and duties” of the White House. 

“Americans put on their seat belts, follow traffic laws, pay taxes and vote because of faith in a system — and that faith makes it work,” the article continues. “The highest voice in the land incited people to break that faith, not just in tweets, but by inciting them to action. Mr. Trump is a menace, and as long as he remains in the White House, the country will be in danger.”

The Miami Herald editorial board also called for Trump to be removed from office in an article published Wednesday night. The board called Trump “deranged, dangerous and incapacitated,” and urged Trump’s cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment. 

“There can be no doubt that the president is prepared to have his minions scorch the Earth and blow up democracy itself in order to stay in power. He is that determined, that desperate and that indifferent to anything other than staying in the Oval Office,” the article reads. “America cannot wait, with fear and bated breath, to see what abomination comes during the next 13 days.”

Why aren't editorial boards screaming: Trump has to go ... ?

During the Watergate scandal, nearly every major newspaper in America called for Nixon to resign. More than 100 newspapers did the same ...

Edited by Joe Bauer

Oregon Sen Jeff Merkley captured footage showing the damage caused to his office at the US Capitol building after it was stormed on January 6. Speaking in the ...
Edited by Joe Bauer

I've read that Donald Trump is boiling mad that his coup attempt failed yesterday.

We have three branches of government: the Legislative, the Executive and the Judiciary.

Yesterday, Trump effectively shut down the Legislative Branch. We had all 50 Senators and 438 Members of the House all gathered in one place at the same time. For all intents and purposes, Donald Trump shut down the Legislative Branch of Government.

It's that old military adage, I guess. It's one thing to conquer a place. It's another thing to hold it. That's what you get for using an undisciplined mob instead of disciplined shock troops.

I wondered all day yesterday why there were no fires. I heard on one news report that a truck full of molotov cocktails had been seized. I don't know if that is true or not, but I wondered if yesterday wasn't supposed to have been our Reichstag Fire.

Right-wing media is already blaming antifa agent provocateurs for infiltrating the Trump supporters and causing the violence.

I hope the authorities are guarding the Supreme Court Building well.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

I was most interested in videos of people wandering around in the Legislative Chamber taking pictures of the paperwork laying around on Members' desks.

And I went, "Whoa. What is this"? "These aren't redneck yahoos." "What the hell is going on here?"

Steve Thomas

Steve, I see these people as a large group of deluded "patsies" being used by the far right influencers to supply deniability for the actual actors in the insurrection.  Imbedded within the group and using them as "cover", they gathered whatever information they could and made pictures and videos which they will later use for propaganda of one sort or another.  I also think that this was supposed to be our "Reichstag fire" event.  Who knows?  The right wing activists are already saying the whole thing was instigated by "Antifa" infiltrators, not them.  Let's see where the media and political extremists  go with their explanations.  The entire situation needs to be investigated.  As best I understand, the National Guard was asked for a day or two prior to the "gathering", yet for hours after the mob headed down the streets, NO extra security of ANY KIND could be seen addressing the encroaching crowd.  I sat watching on TV and was dumbstruck that there were not at least local police arriving with blue lights and sirens.  As many have noted, Trump's walk across to the church to hold up a bible was accomplished by using riot police, tear gas, etc against an almost completely docile crowd.  Who had the police and National Guard "stand down".  Was this only because no order came from the White House?  Surely some of the advisors or authorities in the White House or other government agency buildings had to have asked their superiors for support to be sent well before the windows and doors of the Capitol were breached.

Richard,

As I understand it, the Capitol Bldg., etc. are Federal property. As such, the Mayor of DC had to ask the Pentagon to deploy the National Guard. She asked, and was told her request was being referred "up the chain of command." The top of the "chain of command" is the President. He was asked and said no.

National Guard units did arrive, but they came from the States of Virginia and Maryland, whose National Guard units are under the command of their respective Governors.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I was most interested in videos of people wandering around in the Legislative Chamber taking pictures of the paperwork laying around on Members' desks.

And I went, "Whoa. What is this"? "These aren't redneck yahoos." "What the hell is going on here?"

Steve Thomas

On Morning Joe today a retired American admiral who held a supreme position in NATO said that Russian agents who were part of the mob were looking for highly classified documents that could be found in different parks of the Capitol Building.

- Donald Trump, ten hours after his mob attacked the Capitol.

" it’s only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!”

He won't stop. He must be removed from power now. He must also be denied the ability to send messages to his followers.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

When someone figures this all out, one has to wonder, when Trump wanted Lafayette Square cleared of peaceful demonstrators, the troops were there.

Today, they were nowhere to be seen even though it went on for hours, even though people were  rioting and running over security guards.

If there is an inquiry, I think you will find that he arranged it that way. And all those idiots who followed him like Hawley and Cruz, should be  called out for what they are: groveling bootlickers.

The GOP has hit the nadir of an arc that goes back to the 1964 Goldwater campaign and the JBS.

Let us not forget the 1971 bombing of the US. Capitol Building by a group of leftists:

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/bomb-explodes-in-capitol-building

Edited by Douglas Caddy