• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

There are still 11 days to go before we have a peaceful transfer of power.  All need to remain vigilant as Trump disappears into the darkness of the White House where he is surrounded by his hand picked cronies who have already shown that they too do not respect this republic and its laws.  Plotting is best done in darkness.  Trump has already instigated an insurrection.  He is still trapped and will try ANYTHING to stay in power because he knows a reckoning is coming.  Since he is totally self absorbed, he will be open to any option to avoid that reckoning.  With his abuse of power in stopping the Capitol from being protected, what can we expect when the inauguration is happening (and he is not present).  ALL those who he feels betrayed him, Biden/Harris, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, many Senators and Congress members will be gathered in one place at the same time.  To retain power, many things will come to his mind and when coupled with the thoughts and planning of his minions in his bunker...

I understand there are freedom of speech implications but given what he's done and the potential for more I think twitter did the right thing.  Man are the chumps howling.  Newspapers, magazines, tv, this site have editors/moderators.  Inciting violence is cause for shutting down the source imho.

President Trump permanently banned from Twitter over risk he could incite violence (msn.com)

Edited by Ron Bulman

Watching those crazy looking wild eyed Trump base intruders running all through the Capital building ( one half naked, heavily tatooed and wearing a bull horn head dressing, another waving a Confederate flag, many smashing and stealing things while laughing and shouting hysterically ) ... I couldn't help remembering some scenes in the film "One Flew Over The Cukoos Nest."

Or a Marx Brothers absurd humor anarchy movie.

Similar casting for this Trump inspired chaos theatrical performace.

55 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

a Marx Brothers absurd humor anarchy movie.

All those American anarchists operating c. 1870-1939 can rest easy: America finally elected its first anarchist president.

FYI, John Lydon a/k/a Johnny Rotten is a Trump supporter.

Edited by David Andrews

David Talbot wrote on Facebook just now:

The nightmare could have been worse... After watching this footage of the Wednesday invasion of the Capitol by Trump's Freikorps, I agree with MSNBC's Chris Hayes -- it was a "miracle" that there was not a bloodbath in the Capitol. The standoff between a thin blue line of a few brave besieged cops and a howling mob is stunning to watch. At least one Trump militant in combat gear who broke into the Congressional chamber just moments after it was fully evacuated held zip-tie handcuffs -- suggesting they meant to at least take members of Congress hostage. Others combatants howled for Mike Pence's head and built a gallows to hang him. If the invaders had been heavily armed, the Capitol would've been been awash in blood.
The question on everyone's lips is, How could this happen? Why was Capitol security so easily overrun when it was overly mobilized against BLM protesters?
The scholar of dark power in me always suspects that there are underlying explanations for these "deep events," as Peter Dale Scott calls them. I'm reminded of the eerie White House tapes from 1962, recording President Kennedy, Attorney General Robert Kennedy and their top aides wondering why military units based in the South were so slow to respond to JFK's orders to move swiftly to the Ole Miss campus, where an armed insurrection was in progress against the first African American student to enroll in the university. Blood was shed on the Mississippi campus during the violent rioting, as it was on Capitol Hill, because of the suspiciously slow response of security forces.
In those chilling hours, President Kennedy and his aides wondered out loud about the loyalty of U.S. armed forces. And the following year, as the president's Secret Service protection suddenly disappeared in Dallas, he became a victim of the very national security forces that he and his devoted brother feared had become their enemy.
There are numerous calls now by political leaders and pundits to investigate this week's strange, historic breakdown in Washington security. We should all demand a real Washington investigation this time.
Meanwhile, Big Tech -- suddenly awake to the threat from the extreme white right that it helped empower-- is now warning about new invasions of the capital planned for January 17 and Inauguration Day on the 20th. Will there be adequate security on these days?

Capt. Mark Kelly wrote on Facebook today:

10 years ago today, a man tried to assassinate my wife, , and in the process killed 6 people and injured 12 others. This anniversary is always difficult for our family, but today's feels different after the violence on Capitol Hill this week.
This time, it was Gabby who received the call that I might be the one in danger, and the experience sent both of us back to January 8, 2011 — the day Gabby was shot and forced to fight for her life. At a time when many would have given up, Gabby pushed forward and persevered.
I'll never stop being inspired by my wife. Her commitment to service is remarkable. Even after being shot in the head, she has never wavered in her commitment to serve her community and fight for what’s right.
Gabby knows that when we serve each other and work together, our community thrives. The January 8th shooting robbed our community of 6 family members, friends, and loved ones. And Tucson showed us how resilient we are and that we would not be defined by the horrific act that day.

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

I understand there are freedom of speech implications but given what he's done and the potential for more I think twitter did the right thing.  Man are the chumps howling.  Newspapers, magazines, tv, this site have editors/moderators.  Inciting violence is cause for shutting down the source imho.

President Trump permanently banned from Twitter over risk he could incite violence (msn.com)

"I can't believe twitter just destroyed Donald Trump's entire presidential library".  Ahhahhha. I laughed out loud on that one.

Donald Trump Was Permanently Banned From Twitter (msn.com)

An attempted murder ex-con.  A Russian mother-daughter.  A state congressman.  The great majority not from the area, an odd assortment. As a picture referred to earlier, a (donald) duck dynasty?

Police records shed light on those arrested in Capitol siege (msn.com) 

I notice Fox News is already covering up and minimizing this insurrection,and  telling their minions how to digest it. Including Tucker Carlson.

What pisses me off about Tucker Carlson is this phony "everyman" thing he's doing on his show to pull in disenfranchised  Trumpies. He's wealthy, he's also  married into wealth.  He attacks all the standard wealthy icons, while acting like he's an every day guy, who "For god sake. can't we just get the government out of our lives, all they want to do is oppress and tax us!"

Well here it is! A guest on his show, a dutch historian Rutger Bregman calls him and his other Fox hosts on it. Carlson has no real defense,  and resorts to name calling. Bregman dares Carlson to air the segment, which he never does!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

6 hours ago, Richard Price said:

He is still trapped and will try ANYTHING to stay in power because he knows a reckoning is coming.  Since he is totally self absorbed, he will be open to any option to avoid that reckoning.  With his abuse of power in stopping the Capitol from being protected, what can we expect when the inauguration is happening (and he is not present).

Richard,

This is just a rhetorical question...

What if Trump gets some drunken judge to administer him the Oath of Office on January 20th starts going around claiming that he is really the legitimate President of the U.S. ?

It wouldn't be official, of course, but what if he then calls on his followers to "Come to me my children", or whatever?

Steve Thomas

On 1/7/2021 at 5:27 AM, Steve Thomas said:

I wondered all day yesterday why there were no fires. I heard on one news report that a truck full of molotov cocktails had been seized. I don't know if that is true or not, but I wondered if yesterday wasn't supposed to have been our Reichstag Fire.

Steve Thomas

By Elaine Shannon

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-capitol-riot-is-over-but-the-search-for-booby-traps-could-take-weeks?ref=home

"The U.S. Capitol is not safe.

It’s safer than it was Wednesday, when a mob stormed it shortly after 1 p.m. The Capitol complex was declared secured by the police by 5:40 p.m.

And it’s safer after U.S. Capitol Police discovered a red GMC Sierra 1500 pickup parked near the Capitol which, according to an affidavit filed by a U.S. Capitol policeman, contained a handgun, an M4 carbine assault rifle, magazines of ammunition and 11 mason jars filled with a gasoline-Styrofoam mix, that, when detonated, would act like napalm, sticking to and ferociously burning any surface or human body where it landed.

At 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 6, after the rioters had dispersed, the truck’s registered owner, Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Falkland, Alabama, showed up, packing a 9 mm Smith & Wesson and a .22 caliber derringer. He told the officers he was trying to leave the area and asked if they “had located the bombs.”

(He later amended his statement to say that by “bombs,” he meant “perimeter.” Go figure.) He was arrested and charged with firearms violations."

Steve Thomas