The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

5 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

What if Trump gets some drunken judge to administer him the Oath of Office on January 20th starts going around claiming that he is really the legitimate President of the U.S. ?

Steve, that would be an option in his mind, but my mind drifts unfortunately much darker.  I fear that his more violent followers who see him as some sort of Messiah would attempt a mass extermination of his enemies along the lines of what happened to Sadat of Egypt.  I hate to even put the words out, for fear that someone in his orbit will find them.  But, we must not fear, we must confront.  We must keep things in mind that are so far removed from our former sense of what can happen in America, that no bizarre plot can succeed.  His self preservation has NO BOUNDS (we have been told that by many who have been close to him) and we must recognize that.  Trump is still continuing to say he won in a landslide and there seem to be back channel calls to "do something" on either or both the 17th and the 20th.  If someone tells you who they are, believe them!

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

While I don’t miss the President being free to foment violent White Wing Christianist insurrection on social media, still a little troubling that monopolistic companies can shut down speech with the flick of a switch. 

Former Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., echoed this concern. “What would happen if an impeachment proceeding started? His base would rally to his cause. And so, while I hear that, and certainly under the circumstances that type of discussion is warranted, the fact is all that would do is strengthen him,” Corker told a reporter.

Bob Corker is expressing the same excuse that has allowed Trump the power to get away with the outrageous things he has gotten away with. The fear of what Trump's whacked out, bullying violence minded base may do if an impeachment movement is pursued. Quit reacting to Trump's nutty base and your fear of them. Time to stand up to this mob which just violated our most sacred ground Capital building. IMPEACH the bully.

Russian agents were among the mob that stormed the Capitol. In fact I believe that the strategy for the event was invented months beforehand by Putin's think tank in Moscow and then transmitted to Trump to carry out. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9125611/DoJ-warns-national-secrets-stolen-mob-ransacked-Capitol-offices.html

- Parler's Chief Policy Officer Amy Peikoff -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9128295/Google-suspends-Parler-social-networking-app-Play-Store-Apple-gives-24-hour-warning.html

“‘Amazon is also raising some problems, and I'm not sure how serious that is, because I've yet to speak to them. I will later today. You know, they provide the server for us,’ she said.

‘And if they were to remove their services, then we would be down. As it is, we are having some difficulties now with the uptick in traffic, that if they took their service away, we'd be gone.’”

Steve Thomas

Looks clearly like Trump's Wag-The-Dog damage control propaganda teams are planting exaggerated diminishing and diverting fact bits and sound bites into the main stream media to effect the narrative of this violent seditious insurrection event being as criminally constitution and domestic tranquility violating important as it is.

The violent building attackers were just crazy fringe types that Trump has no control over. The Capital police just didn't think Trump's rally crowd could do something this violent and criminal. It's mostly the fault of the inept Capital police.

Trump waited hours ( even while watching the seige live on TV!) to react, because he thought the situation was under control already by normal security procedures ???  The mob was incited by nefarious democratic party sympathizing infiltrators. The entire action wasn't really as bad or important as the liberal press is making it out to be.

Impeachment of Trump is an impractical idea. This course of action is an overreaction and will not make it through to trial and especially conviction. Just let Trump be for the next 11 days. He'll be a good boy. And he really does feel bad about it all and truly does abhor violent demonstration. 

Trump's blindly loyal cult base have their fearless leader defending talking points with these contrived road apple dropping exaggerated tid bit news plantings. But the growing majority of Americans aren't picking them up and saying "AH HA!" ... Trump isn't to blame here! 

The first attempt to impeach Trump was primarily based on the Ukraine affair.

As valid as that reason was, this Capital building seige event makes the Ukraine affair seem like child's play in impeachment importance comparison.

If our legislative government bodies let these unprecedented most threatening highest crimes go unaddressed, or less addressed than the Ukraine impeachment effort, what would that say about their true respect for and belief in our Democratic principles/Constitutional foundation and the need ( and their bible sworn oath ) to protect and defend this most sacred tenent which this nation depends on for it's own liberty and justice for all existence?

If we don't pursue the highest indictments for these highest crimes against our nation and it's highest importance foundation...we will have allowed them and their perpetrators to inflict the highest damage possible without redress.

Now THAT would be the ULTIMATE FAILURE of leadership.

Impeach the bully ba$+ard who fomented it all!

Edited by Joe Bauer

39 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Looks like January 6 was just a warm up. 

Doug,

More than the U.S. Capitol, I fear for the State Capitols. On January 6th, the State Capitols in

Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington were attacked and shut down and/or evacuated.

What happened in Washington, D.C was not an isolated incident.

Steve Thomas

The National Guard needs to be called out in force on January 17th.  And to be supplemented by the NG from Virginia and Maryland.  That should be about 4000 men.

Every main operative building and the essential monuments needs to be guarded.

The Capitol Police has 2000 men, every one of them is on duty that day.  The Sergeant at Arms in each house has 400 men each.  That is 2800 officers.  The Metro police also needs to be on alert and ready to supplement any breaches instantly, that is another 3400.

This time, they need to be outfitted with proper riot gear, tear gas, pepper spray,  mace, rubber bullets in large capacity magazines, portable walls, flash grenades, and water cannons. And if they do not know how to use this stuff, the military or riot squads need to train them between now and then.

The Capitol Police has a half billion dollar budget and they allowed a ragtag army to overrun them and build a gallows in the back.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Finally major American Newspapers in mass and in unison are publishing front page editorials expressing Trump outrage and condeming him and his most vocal Senate and Congressional supporters and demanding resignation or removal of them all.

This violent Capital Building seige by Trump's worked up base is the ultimate outrage tipping point in finally motivating most of main stream news media to do what they should have done years ago regards the nation dividing, inflaming and constitution violating Donald Trump.  Front page outrage condemnation !

The San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle newspapers have published editorials condemning not just Trump, but their own state Senator Ted Cruz in the most scathing terms possible and calling for their immediate resignation and/or removal from office.

This violent Capital building seige by the Trump base mob has created a growing tsunami of outrage and condemnation and demands for justice and punishment and removal of all those who were part of the violence instigation on a national news coverage platform access leadership level.

Finally, the major Newspaper editorial outrage over Trump, Cruz and others involved in this most nation, society and constitution threatening event in modern history has exploded into the mass unified effort it should have been years ago with this dangerous and nation damaging president and his Senate, Congress and even governor enablers.

One of Texas’s leading newspapers has called for the resignation of Senator Ted Cruz following his involvement in challenging the certification of the 2020 election results.

The Houston Chronicle’s editorial board published a scathing piece on Friday, blaming the firebrand Texas senator for his role in encouraging the pro-Trump riots that took place at the US Capitol on 6 January.

“Cruz had helped spin that web of deception and now he was feigning concern that millions of Americans had gotten caught up in it,” the editorial read.

The San Antonio Express-News, another local newspaper in Texas, has also called for the removal of Mr Cruz from office. “If we seek a turning point in support of democracy, then those who have damaged it must be sanctioned and repudiated,” the editorial board writes

They join The Kansas City Star and dozens more major newspapers in condeming Trump and his most ardent enabling Senate and Congressional members and calling for their resignations over this historically unprecedented domestic tranquility threatening action of Trump's worked up mob base on the Capital building.

I always said, that until hundreds of America's largest circulation newspapers called out Trump with front page outrage editorials in unison...any meaningful societal concern and action taking in admitting, addressing and confronting his nation dividing and damaging behavior and rhetoric would not take place.

This Capital building siege crime event will not go away like some other Trump controversy. In fact, I predict it will become an even bigger and more news covered event than even Watergate.

We will be hotly discussing and debating this event and it's highest crime level importance and effect for months into 2021.

Books will soon be written about it. Film documentaries will be made as well as commercial Hollywood films.

Trump's legacy was already monumentally bad, but this event will be his most remembered aspect of such. One of absolute shame, humiliation and incompetence. One of national outrage. Probably even mental illness.

Edited by Joe Bauer

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Doug,

More than the U.S. Capitol, I fear for the State Capitols. On January 6th, the State Capitols in

Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington were attacked and shut down and/or evacuated.

What happened in Washington, D.C was not an isolated incident.

Steve Thomas

I would say they are more apt to be red state capitols Steve.

As far as Washington, now that there's no element of surprise. And the Federal government will now  in their protective instincts engage in their usual emergency overkill. I don't think the Trumpies,  are going to get very far. But it will be a gauge at how fanatically crazy this  group is, or if they were basically just cowards who seized the moment.

But this doesn't preclude isolated acts of terrorism  with explosives,  bombs, possible snipers with automatic weapons.

As Joe said, now the Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express News have now called for Ted Cruz's resignation.

Cruz should be embarrassing for Texans. It's disheartening that that sort of smug, self righteous , sanctimonious corn pone actually plays as well in Texas as it does in Alabama and Mississippi, that they actually re elected the guy.

i guess the California equivalent would probably be Kevin Mc Carthy.

Maybe our best shot is to convince Phil Mickelson that it's his patriotic duty to give Trump free golf lessons for the next 10 days. Maybe he'll forget to pardon himself!

heh!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I would say they are more apt to be red state capitols Steve.

As far as Washington, now that there's no element of surprise. And the Federal government will now  in their protective instincts engage in their usual emergency overkill. I don't think the Trumpies,  are going to get very far. But it will be a gauge at how fanatically crazy this  group is, or if they were basically just cowards who seized the moment.

But this doesn't preclude isolated acts of terrorism  with explosives,  bombs, possible snipers with automatic weapons.

As Joe said, now the Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express News have now called for Ted Cruz's resignation.

Cruz should be embarrassing for Texans. It's disheartening that that sort of smug, self righteous , sanctimonious corn pone actually plays as well in Texas as it does in Alabama and Mississippi, that they actually re elected the guy.

i guess the California equivalent would probably be Kevin Mc Carthy.

Maybe our best shot is to convince Phil Mickelson that it's his patriotic duty to give Trump free golf lessons for the next 10 days.

I have a very close friend who lives in downtown Sacramento very close to the Capitol, and he was afraid to go out due to the noisy ‘demonstration’. Helicopters, what sounded to him like explosions, etc. Don’t fool yourself. There have been noisy Trump supporters outside the Capitol for a month.