• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

On 1/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, Joe Bauer said:

Paul, I'm on the same page with you 98% of the time and always have been.

You may think that I am trying to make something more out of the Susan Collins victory than her simply being more popular with her voters than the polls indicated.

Collin's Democratic challenger was consistently given a strong lead in these polls, up until the last month before the election. In that last month and right up to election day that lead vanished.

Collins challenger didn't do anything noticeably bad or have some negative expose that would explain such a quick turn around in those poll numbers.

All I can figure is that many people called in those Maine polls simply lied to the pollsters or wouldn't say who they were voting for. Hence the skewed poll numbers.

And those who lied or didn't pick a candidate in those polls were mostly Collins supporters anyway. They showed their true political colors at voting time and obviously they were Collins supporters all along.

Still, voting for Democratic presidential candidate Biden over Trump by a strong 9% margin and a similar margin for an opposite political party Senate candidate is an anomaly according to the Pew research article which said that now-a-days state voters usually vote down party lines with the Presidential vote and the Senate vote being of the same party.

Joe, California history tells me that this is not that unusual. Up until recent times, California would regularly swing back and forth between the Repubs and the Dems. Back when the state was voting for Republican icons Nixon and Reagan, it would simultaneously vote for Democratic Sen. Alan Cranston. 

Why? At the time, I was told Cranston was pro-defense industry and that this had endeared him to many in the business world, who would otherwise favor a Republican. That Cranston was a high-ranking member of the Senate was also a factor, in that the veteran Senators get to run the more important committees, and that they use this influence to get Government contracts for their constituents. I suspect Collins is in the same boat, in that many of her constituents fear her departure will cost the state $$$

Team Trump's latest desperate damage control test dangle a meaningless minuscule inch of disgustingly disingenuous drivel.

And yet, pathetically, still grudgingly offered with a childishly naive "we still have standing" false reality believing pride!

Kevin McCarthy makes a press statement that ... President Trump is ready to admit "some" responsibility in the deadly and seditious Capital Building insurrection!

Oh, how honorably and nobly contrite! The king has apologized! Time to forgive and forget. Time to move on...still repecting his honor, name and position.

NOT!

Trump and his most ardent defenders and enablers are seeing their fake "Wizard Of Oz"  exposed leadership house of cards crash down all around them beyond anything they ever imagined. And we mean CRASHING!  Like in every section of society domestically and even internationally. 

Like the rope bridge being cut underneath Daniel Dravot. Like a reckoning of having to tell their deluded " Emperor" he really has "no clothes."  These marauding power plundering pirates and their blustering "Black Beard" Captain have finally been reigned in and are on the last few steps of their deserved punishment plank walk.

Trump and his co-criminal gang are desperately trying "anything", any guilt and punishment escaping PR scheme, stunt or angle, no matter how ridiculously disingenuous and grudging one inch valueless like this weak and empty Trump "confession" in their last ditch efforts to keep from going down with the sinking Titanic Trump ship all together ... imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Joe, California history tells me that this is not that unusual. Up until recent times, California would regularly swing back and forth between the Repubs and the Dems. Back when the state was voting for Republican icons Nixon and Reagan, it would simultaneously vote for Democratic Sen. Alan Cranston. 

Why? At the time, I was told Cranston was pro-defense industry and that this had endeared him to many in the business world, who would otherwise favor a Republican. That Cranston was a high-ranking member of the Senate was also a factor, in that the veteran Senators get to run the more important committees, and that they use this influence to get Government contracts for their constituents. I suspect Collins is in the same boat, in that many of her constituents fear her departure will cost the state $$$

Pat, you just concisely explained President/Senate cross voting in realpolotik truth revealing terms.

Cranston was really "on our side" I am sure many Reagan voters believed.

Kind of feel that way about CA Senator Diane Feinstein continually being elected during the GW Bush and Trump terms. For years, that lady seemed to support and vote for the Republican agenda half the time.

I always sensed that Feinstein had well funded backing well beyond and outside of strictly Democratic party voters. Especially these last twenty years and her being well passed her mentally cognitive prime.

Republican Susan Collins 8% victory margin re-election contradictive of Biden's 9% point victory margin win in Maine could very well be explained as you say.

Still, I felt an uneasy cringe when this happened. I followed the Maine Senate polls closely right up until the election. The swing from Collin's opponent's clear lead in the all the polls to a way beyond close victory vote for Collin's in the last month was just too polling illogical imo.

I wonder if Cranston's poll numbers swung wildly like that in the California cross voting example you cited, or was he always favored to win?

So much of our most important elections have suspicious anomolies.

Ohio in 2004?

Trump's 2016 razor thin vote victories in "just the right electoral vote states" to win even though losing the popular vote by over 3 million votes?

Machiavellian reality is still with us. No?

Edited by Joe Bauer

"I was originally designed as an SA Storm Trooper but, this time, I was re-programmed

and sent back from the future to help prevent a fascist coup."

Terminator 6: Dark Fate - Photos | Facebook

Edited by W. Niederhut

Still, I will give AS credit for creating his own celebrity and movie star status even with and despite his at times super heavy, distracting and even dumb sounding German/Austrian accent and with relatively no natural or credibly trained acting skills.

Although I do consider some of his main star acting performance roles quite impressive such as:

Hercules In New York, Conan the Barbarian, Terminator, Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Jingle All The Way, Eraser, etc.

It just doesn't get any better.  Trump is still not admitting any blame, while trying to get close to his VP again in order to ensure a pardon.  Meanwhile on Fox News(?) their commentators are saying there should be NO impeachment because if it occurs there will be violence.  They infer that IF LAW AND ORDER is actually enforced, the "law and order" supporters of Trump will be prompted to break the law.  Sounds a lot like blackmail.  We won't break the law if you don't FOLLOW the law.

25 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

It just doesn't get any better.  Trump is still not admitting any blame, while trying to get close to his VP again in order to ensure a pardon.  Meanwhile on Fox News(?) their commentators are saying there should be NO impeachment because if it occurs there will be violence.  They infer that IF LAW AND ORDER is actually enforced, the "law and order" supporters of Trump will be prompted to break the law.  Sounds a lot like blackmail.  We won't break the law if you don't FOLLOW the law.

Classic desperate guilt avoidance double speak! 

Yes, if you enforce the law, we can't guarantee our violent base won't break the law again and retaliate against you....so don't do it!  ???

The bully's controlling the victims with more threats of violence if they dare stand up against them.

Reminds one of the wife beating husband who warns her of more beatings if she dares go to the cops or presses charges.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Working Hypothesis:  Trump blocked security interventions against the January 6th attack on the U.S. Congress.

FBI report warned of ‘war’ at Capitol, contradicting claims there was no indication of looming violence

FBI report warned of 'war' at Capitol, contradicting claims there was no indication of looming violence - The Washington Post

Edited by W. Niederhut

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Working Hypothesis:  Trump blocked security interventions against the January 6th attack on the U.S. Congress.

FBI report warned of ‘war’ at Capitol, contradicting claims there was no indication of looming violence

FBI report warned of 'war' at Capitol, contradicting claims there was no indication of looming violence - The Washington Post

Nice one William.  Was someone asleep at the switch?

Famed astrologer Ray Grasse wrote on Facebook today:

Over the coming twelve days or so, the key celestial pattern in effect will be Uranus aligning with Mars, both of which will be squaring Saturn (all of which is being amplified by the fact Uranus is creeping to a halt, making it much stronger). If I had to sum that all up in a single image? It would be an anarchist throwing a molotov cocktail through a government window.
Image may contain: one or more people, fire and outdoor

Mitch Mac Connell has said he thinks Trump has committed impeachable crimes and welcomes impeachment to purge the party of Trump! But hasn't said whether he's going to vote to convict in the Senate. Likely he's going to release Republican Senators to vote their conscience, but of course do they have any? But he could know something more damaging and be trying to get out in front of it!

Meanwhile 3rd ranking Republican Liz Cheney says she's voting to impeach.

The equation has become, do they really need Trump anymore? For any of their separate aspirations to become President,.has Trump become a liability, more than a help? It's true they could just wed themselves to Trump again in 2024, and hope to pick up Trump's base. But do they really want to take that chance...again?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/mcconnell-impeachment-trump-capitol-riot/index.html

Sheldon Adelson, the biggest Republican funder over years, and a huge Trump supporter has died at 87.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Mitch Mac Connell has said he thinks Trump has committed impeachable crimes and welcomes impeachment to purge the party of Trump! But hasn't said whether he's going to vote to convict in the Senate. Likely he's going to release Republican Senators to vote their conscience, but of course do they have any? But he could know something more damaging and be trying to get out in front of it!

Meanwhile 3rd ranking Republican Liz Cheney says she's voting to impeach.

The equation has become, do they really need Trump anymore? For any of their separate aspirations to become President,.has Trump become a liability, more than a help? It's true they could just wed themselves to Trump again in 2024, and hope to pick up Trump's base. But do they really want to take that chance...again?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/mcconnell-impeachment-trump-capitol-riot/index.html

Sheldon Adelson, the biggest Republican funder over years, and a huge Trump supporter has died at 87.

Adelson, Mc Connell and more turning.  Three major banks dropping his business.  Cabinet resignations and more.  The PGA and Belichick.  Second impeachment, 25th amendment, censure.  Twitter, facebook gone.  If he was suicidal he could go out in flames and become an instant martyr for his small but loyal base.  I guess they would all say we drove him insane.

Edited by Ron Bulman