The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

A family disagreement over politics.  What a topsy turvy word we somehow so far live in.  I just can't imagine going through this as a teen, though she seems resilient.  Mom picked the wrong Black Woman to insult.

Woman Punched in Face at Trump Rally Publicly Outed by 18-Year-Old Daughter (msn.com)

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

45 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Adelson, Mc Connell and more turning.  Three major banks dropping his business.  Cabinet resignations and more.  The PGA and Belichick.  Second impeachment, 25th amendment, censure.  Twitter, facebook gone.  If he was suicidal he could go out in flames and become an instant martyr for his small but loyal base.  I guess they would all say we drove him insane.

IMO, Donald Trump admires his own tremendous wonderfulness too much to commit suicide.

(Recall that Nero only offed himself because he was about to get lynched by an angry mob.)

I do wonder whether Trump will flee the country, though, to avoid prosecution in New York-- assuming he can be perp-walked out of the White House after January 20th.

Meanwhile, Colorado Rep. Jason Crow is asking the Army to do supplemental security screenings on military personnel deployed to Washington, D.C. for Biden's inauguration.

I shudder to think about how many armed Trump fans in uniform are going to be providing "security" for Joe B(!)

22 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

IMO, Donald Trump admires his own tremendous wonderfulness too much to commit suicide.

(Recall that Nero only offed himself because he was about to get lynched by an angry mob.)

I do wonder whether Trump will flee the country, though, to avoid prosecution in New York-- assuming he can be perp-walked out of the White House after January 20th.

Meanwhile, Colorado Rep. Jason Crow is asking the Army to do supplemental security screenings on military personnel deployed to Washington, D.C. for Biden's inauguration.

I shudder to think about how many armed Trump fans in uniform are going to be providing "security" for Joe B(!)

Regarding the military, for what it's worth the JCS issued a public statement and reminder to the troops about their oath to the constitution.  Though some of them interpret that document as they prefer.

Joint Chiefs call riot a ‘direct assault’ on the constitutional process, affirm Biden as next commander in chief (msn.com)

Should they be watching each other as well as others?

Some National Guard troops helping secure inauguration will be armed: officials (msn.com)

Including a picture I'd of never dreamed of a week ago of a National Guardsman guarding the Capitol from insurrection.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

"Republican House members are raging about the newly-installed metal detector they need to pass to get onto the chamber floor after being warned not to bring firearms with them when they come to vote. Rep. Lauren Boebert, who has bragged about her desire to carry her glock pistol into the Capitol, got into a standoff with police and wouldn't let them search her bag after she set off the security alarm. Boebert, who supports QAnon theories and made a name for herself carrying her fire arm on the campaign trail, walked through the screening process with her bag, which set off the magnetometer. She refused to hand the bag over to be searched. Capitol Police eventually let her in the House chamber and it appears her bag was not searched before they did so. 'I am legally permitted to carry my firearm in Washington, D.C. and within the Capitol complex,' Boebert tweeted (inset) after the incident. 'Metal detectors outside of the House would not have stopped the violence we saw last week — it’s just another political stunt by Speaker Pelosi.' Congresswoman Debbie Lasko tweeted: ‘For members of Congress to enter the floor of the U.S. House, we now have to go through intense security measures, on top of the security we already go through. These new provisions include searches and being wanded like criminals. We now live in Pelosi’s communist America!’ Pictured above top right speaker Pelosi is seen going through the metal detectors when she entered the House floor. She, too, set them off but stopped for Capitol Police to wand her. "

Boebert was the one who was tweeting out Nancy Pelosi's location to the mobsters.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

This is what I was referring to a few days back when I brought up the assassination of Anwar Sadat at a military parade.  Something evidently even the JCS thinks would be a (remote, but possible) scenario.  Trump has truly helped transform the US into a S-hole third world banana republic in some peoples minds (and actions).

You should always listen to what Mum says............

"Yes, He's an idiot with zero common sense, and no social skills, but he Is my son. I just hope he never gets into politics. He'd be a disaster.

(Donald J. Trumps mother]

Edited by Ray Mitcham

4 years Trump promoter,defender, enabler, loyal friend Geraldo "Al Capone's Empty Vaults infamous" Rivera finally jumps ship as Trump's Titanic burns and sinks.

Rivera "now" believes his great friend Donald Trump should be impeached!  

Now THAT's the kind of loyalty Trump himself truly understands. 

Giving Rivera some slack here though as his super hyped but empty Capone vault bust did actually reveal one old "moonshine bathub gin" bottle. YEAH!

Edited by Joe Bauer

EUROPEAN ALLIES SCORN PENCE AND POMPEO

When CNN’s Jim Acosta reported a “source close to VP” saying Pence’s plan for the next week is to “telegraph to our allies and adversaries that we have a fully functioning government," Global Translations decided it was time to find out what European ambassadors in D.C., thought about that plan.

They aren’t buying it.

Those I spoke to all read this piece by Fiona Hill, the star witness of the first Trump impeachment, arguing that the storming of Capitol Hill was a coup attempt. One ambassador said that the Trump administration “will hardly ever get rid of the stench of Jan. 6,” and certainly not via platitudes about stable government.

National capitals are “constantly asking us for assessments about where things are going,” the ambassador said. From Cuba to Yemen to tariffs and pardons, another ambassador said they’d predicted the Trump exit ramp, except and until the Capitol riot. Now the diplomatic corps are simply holding on until Jan. 20 as best they can. The final fear: “minimal chance of a military strike somewhere.”

Pompeo and no ceremony: From tiny Luxembourg to the grey corridors of Brussels, no-one wanted to participate in the secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s victory lap. Luxembourg’s foreign minister Jean Asselborn went as far as to call Trump a “criminal” and “political pyromaniac,” so Pompeo canceled the European leg of the tour. Here’s the inside story. International Rescue Committee chief David Miliband, a former U.K. foreign secretary, also called Pompeo’s listing of Yemen's Houthi rebels as a terror group (effective from Jan. 19) “pure diplomatic vandalism.” Aid groups are united in arguing that this will prevent delivery of humanitarian aid.

Someone pointed out the irony of Donald Trump's presidency ending the way it began, with a reference to female genitalia.

It started out with him claiming he could grab women's (female genitalia) whenever he wanted and he's ending it by telling Mike Pence that he could go down in history as either a hero or a (female genitalia).

Poor Donald. Brought down by his own sexual obsessions.

Steve Thomas