The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 12/10/2020 at 8:36 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Does anyone need any more evidence that this will be Obama Part 2?

I mean Vilsack aka Mr Monsanto, and Rice, let us bomb Libya for kicks and see what happens?

Time to move to Costa RIca? Do they have good internet there?

Cliff said;Can’t give Obama credit for anything.  Ever.

Biden opposed the Libya operation, or so he said during the ‘16 campaign.

That's true Cliff,
I remember when I got here, you'd hear nothing but negatives about the Obama imperial  MIC aspirations, and never a word about George Bush starting 2 massive long term wars where the second, Bush's invasion of Iraq is the most far reaching  world horrifying event of the last 50 years!

It was a little like what Trump supporters would say, in that  Obama was a hallmark change where the country took a major evil turn for the worse!

Jim definitely marches to a different drummer!

What, not enough excitement for you Jim.? After the President tries to overturn the Constitution and the duly elected government? And, after 4 years under an aspiring fascist autocrat  but hardly noticing it. Jim now wants to leave the U.S. in disgust for Costa Rica at the unbearable spectacle of a Joe Biden Presidency???? 

Is this just a scheme, Jim?, to meet some Trump supporters who could no longer stomach living the U.S. after Biden "stole" the election?                    heh heh

Ok,  Ive been to Costa Rica many times, its beautiful, you can find some nice mini climates. Yes you can find good internet. But there are lots of foreigners down there for many decades, so it's not cheap. You pay for it being more civilized. A lot more for gas, energy expensive, some items from  at home very expensive.

The moral of the story:  If Liberals don't pass each others litmus test, they will eat their own!
Whereas Republicans could slavishly devote themselves to  someone they may have no real respect for and hate!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

There have been legendary rip-offs in the rock and roll world: Dylan’s contract with Albert Grossman is one. Rolling Stones with Allan Klein (which Keith Richards referred wryly as “the price of an education”). Creedence Clearwater. Leonard Cohen licensed his work and believed he had a lasting nest egg to retire to Mt Baldy with, only to discover his manager lost/stole the whole thing and he had to go out on tour for three years when in his seventies. Even the punk rock world was prone to bitter recrimination from record contracts - and this over thousands, not millions, of dollars.

Dylan’s long time manager has done an outstanding job representing his client, keeping him in the public eye, and shoring up his legacy. The Bootleg Series alone has resulted in 15 multi-disc collections since the early ‘90s, most of which is excellent and not redundant. Last week they released an extremely limited edition of 3 CDs of previously unavailable studio outtakes from 1970 - which renews the performance copyright for that material and was specifically labelled “Copyright Collection”. Dylan will be one of those artists - like, say, Billie Holliday or Miles Davis - who will retain a public profile and sell records for a very very long time, so it’s to his credit that his business affairs have been run so well.

Let's not forget Hendrix. I believe Paul Allen paid for the law suits that returned the rights to Jimmy's  estate and for thanks they refused to let Allen name the Seattle museum after him. Something like that anyway.

In 1990 Willie Nelson's assets were seized by the IRS because he owed them more than $16 million due to a tax shelter that was illegal. He was eventually able to pay off the debt (negotiated down to $6 million) by the auction of his assets and his release of "The IRS Tapes: Who'll Buy My Memories?"

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

If nothing else, those legislators from Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Georgia who joined this lawsuit should be not be seated, as they tried to nullify their own elections.

Steve Thomas

These legislators swore oaths to protect and serve their citizens. They just tried to take away those very citizens' right to vote.

They don't deserve to serve in Congress and should be denied the right to take a seat.

Steve Thomas

7 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Does anyone know the total amount of money that Trump managed to raise through all of these voting maneuvers?

I think its 208 mil so far. Robert has about a mil I think hahaha

Edited by Bob Ness

With 17 states, 106 Congress persons and who knows how many Senators and 74 million American Trump supporters all joining in behind Trump's all out, non-stop, super aggressive, manic effort to circumvent the 2020 presidential election we are actually in a cold civil war imo.

Ignoring the SCOTUS decision to not even argue the election fraud case and Trump continuing to inflame his base all across the nation ( see Trump's Friday night tweet quote below ) is in fact an act of rebellion ignoring the election laws and inferred rule of law SCOTUS decision.

And in joining this defiance of our election laws and the SCOTUS action, these 17 states are already exhibiting the spirit of secession.

There have already been many violent but isolated skirmishes around the country by worked up "Trump was robbed" individuals but today's large election fraud supporting demonstration in DC is clearly a stark warning that massive demonstrations like this could easily spread.

Like I have stated so many times on this thread...when are our main national news media giants going to finally demand ( in unison and day after day with blaring, BOLD PRINT daily newspaper and internet news front page headlines) .....................  "TIME TO STOP THE MADNESS!"

Only until we have a consensus national front page headline outrage in the national media press, will our sane leaders decide to stop this nation fracturing,dividing and exhausting craziness.

Many feel Trump is ripping this country apart. He is emboldening his 74 million followers daily to continue "his" mad power trip war.

Trump tweeted to his followers last night to "keep up the good fight." Obviously in reference to their supporting his efforts to subvert the 2020 election results.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I think Jim D asked the right question. Does Trump want his ‘army’ to stage a bloody revolution? I don’t think so. That revolution would be televised, and most of his supporters would be sitting on their couches watching. The opposition would be out on the streets 24/7. He would have no chance of governing. 
He will take the money and run. 

How Steven GIllon can say that these people stem from Mark Lane is so out of here that its not funny. These people are straight out of the JBS circa 1960.  They are literally shouting "destroy the GOP".  As I wrote in my GIllon article, the JBS leader said Ike was a commie plant and they needed to take over the party.

BTW, if you read Mike Cohen's book, Trump learned how to play to this kind of a crowd through WWE owner Vince McMahon. Vince went to Trump's office to rehearse his first joint appearance at a match with Trump.  McMahon was his acting coach.  Taught him how to ham it up. After Trump's appearance the crowd went nuts, and Trump was really impressed how they bought it.  It was the phoniest thing since the late Andy Kauffmann wrestled Lawler. But it worked, bread and circuses. So this is how he creates a show, and then takes the money and runs.  Its much easier than the 230 million he got for The Apprentice.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/maga-protesters-chant-destroy-gop-212752437.html

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

How Steven GIllon can say that these people stem from Mark Lane is so out of here that its not funny. These people are straight out of the JBS circa 1960.  They are literally shouting "destroy the GOP".  As I wrote in my GIllon article, the JBS leader said Ike was a commie plant and they needed to take over the party.

BTW, if you read Mike Cohen's book, Trump learned how to play to this kind of a crowd through WWE owner Vince McMahon. Vince went to Trump's office to rehearse his first joint appearance at a match with Trump.  McMahon was his acting coach.  Taught him how to ham it up. After Trump's appearance the crowd went nuts, and Trump was really impressed how they bought it.  It was the phoniest thing since the late Andy Kauffmann wrestled Lawler. But it worked, bread and circuses. So this is how he creates a show, and then takes the money and runs.  Its much easier than the 230 million he got for The Apprentice.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/maga-protesters-chant-destroy-gop-212752437.html

Saw a different story about these fellow's earlier.  Wondered, wait, these proud boys are not actually Antifa trying to create chaos? 

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is, was and always will be a grifter. 

A con man works by giving you his confidence so he can take yours. That's how it works. That's why he is inappropriately welcoming and complimentary to people he doesn't even know. That's the tell and a common trait of all con men. A good con is the type where the mark becomes more invested in the con as time goes on. If you've done it really well, you can take their wallet and they'll be to embarrassed to tell anyone.

Years ago I did a screenplay about con men and researched all that stuff. The real deal guys, the still living con men from by-gone eras, all said these things. They also said it's true "you can't cheat an honest man".

All cons know how to appeal to the larceny in us all, particularly the simple minded or people predisposed to believing without critically weighing information (or are unqualified for one reason or the other).

It's all snake oil in one form or the other isn't it?