The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Richard Price said:

As I stated in an earlier post, I have now returned my flag to the top of the pole where it belonged and the light will be on it tonight.  Though there is much left to be dealt with, I feel much more calm and relaxed already.  Since, hopefully this topic will now not be necessary and will die off or be subject to the same rules as the other topics and be moved out of the JFK section, I will take this opportunity to thank all who participated.  It has been cathartic for me to have this outlet.  Hopefully, now we can begin to migrate to more normalcy and traditional arguments without having to call each other names and decry anyone on the opposite side of the political (or other) spectrum an enemy.

Agree.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

As I said on FB, Biden just has to get through about four months of walking and talking. 

He passes on and Kamala becomes president, which I think was the plan all along. After all, she is a female Obama.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

As I said on FB, Biden just has to get through about four months of walking and talking. 

Is that all that’s happening?

How Michèle Flournoy's Pentagon dreams collapsed: Progressives fought back

https://www.salon.com/2020/12/08/how-michle-flournoys-pentagon-dreams-collapsed-progressives-fought-back/

Win some...lose some...

Who is Victoria Nuland? A really bad idea as a key player in Biden's foreign policy team

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/19/who-is-victoria-nuland-a-really-bad-idea-as-a-key-player-in-bidens-foreign-policy-team/

A lot of Lefty critics of the Democratic Party don’t see how often the Dem-left gets it’s way.  

As often as the Corporate Dem-center?

It’s an on-going battle of personnel and policy, susceptible to relentless grass roots push.

He passes on and Kamala becomes president, which I think was the plan all along. After all, she is a female Obama.

And in DiEugenio’s book that’s a bad thing.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Right on Cliff,  It's not over yet. Now we have to deal with Jim's wacko conspiracy theories!

Sounds like a Harris Navalny- Putin nightmare!!

heh heh heh heh heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

9 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Finally, the Trump presidency is over.

I felt a sense of relief when the inauguration was over with no violence, and over the former prez being gone.  Though I don't pretend to think everything is hunky dory now, much less peaches and cream.

There are plenty who are still PO'd about the outcome.

Arrests Of Far-Right Militia Members Reveal Extent Of Extremists' Role In Capitol Riot (msn.com)

A few days ago I posted in this topic an article from lewrockwell.com urging conservatives to cease using Facebook and Twitter that were deemed too liberal and instead start using social networks set up in Russia that perform this service. It looks like this may well happen. Here is a posting on Facebook today by Tom Huston, author with President Nixon of the (still secret) Huston Plan and a conservative leader today:

"As we enter a new political era, it is a good time for me to winnow my Facebook "friends" list to family, people I know, and people with whom I have engaged in discourse on this site over the years. I think many conservatives are likely to find it prudent to exercise restraint in the use of Facebook or to exit the site entirely. I have a Twitter site I never use and intend to close down (Take that, Jack!). Several conservative-friendly sites are growing rapidly, but as Apple, Google and the Silicon Valley lefties who operate the backbone of the internet continue their jihad against conservatives (in Left speak: "haters"), conservative sites are going to be shut down by American (in name only) companies and will be dependent on Russian service providers to stay on the web. That will be the ultimate irony: Americans will be dependent on Putin to protect our First Amendment rights against Twitter Jack, Zuckerman, Bezos and the faceless Tech Gods who aspire to govern our lives."

I know it's hosed by Jim's favorite actor but if you skip over him there are some fine, even inspiring performances in Celebrating America.  Other interesting asides as well.  In particular I recommend:

16:20  Bon Jovi, Here Comes The Sun, on a dock in the ocean.

22:00  Yo Yo Ma, Amazing Grace.

40:00  Foo Fighters, hang with Dave Grohl, they rock.

1:03:00  John Legend, at the bottom of the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

1:12:00  Tyler Hubbard and Tim Mc Graw, Undivided.

1:21:30  Demi Lovato, Lovely Day.

Fireworks.  Quite a Grande Finale.

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

A few days ago I posted in this topic an article from lewrockwell.com urging conservatives to cease using Facebook and Twitter that were deemed too liberal and instead start using social networks set up in Russia that perform this service. It looks like this may well happen. Here is a posting on Facebook today by Tom Huston, author with President Nixon of the (still secret) Huston Plan and a conservative leader today:

"As we enter a new political era, it is a good time for me to winnow my Facebook "friends" list to family, people I know, and people with whom I have engaged in discourse on this site over the years. I think many conservatives are likely to find it prudent to exercise restraint in the use of Facebook or to exit the site entirely. I have a Twitter site I never use and intend to close down (Take that, Jack!). Several conservative-friendly sites are growing rapidly, but as Apple, Google and the Silicon Valley lefties who operate the backbone of the internet continue their jihad against conservatives (in Left speak: "haters"), conservative sites are going to be shut down by American (in name only) companies and will be dependent on Russian service providers to stay on the web. That will be the ultimate irony: Americans will be dependent on Putin to protect our First Amendment rights against Twitter Jack, Zuckerman, Bezos and the faceless Tech Gods who aspire to govern our lives."

.Doug, I was going to ask you in your "Profiles on Spartacus Thread", you talk of the Tom Huston and his Huston Plan which Nixon at least partially implemented, which sounded rather ominous,"The Huston Plan gave new domestic and international powers to the intelligence community, including break-ins, domestic surveillance, and surreptitious entries. It remains classified "Top Secret'

I was going to ask you at the time  if you knew which parts were implemented. So Huston is the originator of a plan that greatly increased surveillance on both foreign subjects and our own citizens. Yet now here he sounds like the ultimate Libertarian , actually threatening to leave Facebook and Twitter though he admittedly doesn't use them much because I assume he's upset at the action they've taken against Trump and Parler and this "Jihad against Conservatives "to go to of all places  Putin's Russia. You see the contradiction. Can you straighten me out on where this guys at?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

I know it's hosed by Jim's favorite actor but if you skip over him there are some fine, even inspiring performances in Celebrating America.  Other interesting asides as well.  In particular I recommend:

16:20  Bon Jovi, Here Comes The Sun, on a dock in the ocean.

22:00  Yo Yo Ma, Amazing Grace.

40:00  Foo Fighters, hang with Dave Grohl, they rock.

1:03:00  John Legend, at the bottom of the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

1:12:00  Tyler Hubbard and Tim Mc Graw, Undivided.

1:21:30  Demi Lovato, Lovely Day.

Fireworks.  Quite a Grande Finale.

A Historic Day.

Although we narrowly fended off an attempted coup, Avril Haines could not be confirmed by the Senate today as director of national intelligence until she put in writing at the demand of the vile Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) that she and the Biden administration would not go after CIA officers from the Bush-Cheney regime for their involvement in the US government torture program. She had given verbal assurances, but he insisted on having it in writing. (See articles in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Politico. Cotton wanted this known.)

That’s just Day One. The lines were drawn already.

Cotton wants to be president. Imagine what he would do if he gets that job. I wonder if the torture program actually ended when Obama said it did or not (Haines was a deputy CIA director in the Obama administration). And I wonder what did Cotton himself do in the Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. A friend of mine says he would have demanded that Cotton specify in detail, on the floor of the Senate and for the Congressional Record, exactly what crimes he was referring to.

Cotton strikes me as the kind of better-educated, more disciplined potential tyrant who has learned from what Trump did in his failed coup and could pull one off more efficiently if he takes office in 2025.

In the article I read in Politico, it does not say she had to put it in writing.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/20/senate-biden-intelligence-inauguration-460834

What is your source for that.  It would seem really unusual, because it would have to be something that would have to be cleared with Biden.

I kid you not.

image.png.3cb9b15c4be7912bdff8adba77e79b09.png

https://www.trumplibrary.gov/trumps/president-donald-j-trump

"Donald J. Trump was born on June 14, 1946 in Queens, New York to parents Fred and Mary Trump. He has three older siblings and one younger brother. Trump attended the New York Military Academy and the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania.

In 2019 President Trump was impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives for abuse of power by soliciting the interference of Ukraine in the 2020 U.S. presidential election and obstruction of Congress by directing defiance of certain subpoenas issued by the House of Representatives. A trial in the U.S. Senate found the President not guilty of the charges brought against him.

In 2021 President Trump was impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives for having incited an insurrection against the government of the United States.

President Trump has been married to his wife, Melania, since 2005. Together they have one son, Barron. Trump also has four adult children, Donald Jr., Ivanka, Eric, and Tiffany. He has 10 grandchildren.

The Trump Presidential Library is part of the Presidential Libraries system administered by the National Archives and Records Administration, a federal agency."

Steve Thomas