• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Trump-supporting lawyer too much a liability for even this ass.  Remember him, from the good old days?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pro-trump-lawyer-lin-wood-fired-by-teen-who-faced-off-with-native-american-in-viral-video/ar-BB1d58yU

On Twitter, the teen shared one of Wood's social media posts about Pence and wrote: "I'm sorry but what the hell."

Looks like 45 of the Republican senators think inciting sedition and insurrection by a prez is no big deal.  Or it is such a big deal to their base they can't vote for justice if they want to keep their job.  Their constituents still believe the disproven lies of their leader over the fact that he Lost.

Five Republican senators vote against motion that impeachment against Trump is unconstitutional (msn.com)

43 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Looks like 45 of the Republican senators think inciting sedition and insurrection by a prez is no big deal.  Or it is such a big deal to their base they can't vote for justice if they want to keep their job.  Their constituents still believe the disproven lies of their leader over the fact that he Lost.

Five Republican senators vote against motion that impeachment against Trump is unconstitutional (msn.com)

He won't be punished, the GOP needs him and his "base" back in 2024.  There is probably a tacit deal in Congress to let him off to guarantee cooperation with the Biden admin and the imaginary "Democrat majority" that Harris only promises.

Next time I'm at the Capitol, I'm going to steal an ashtray from the Senate cloakroom.

Edited by David Andrews

Meanwhile, interjected the ghost of John Wayne, Somebody's sellin' out our good farm folks to the Chinese.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/shipping-carriers-rejected-tons-of-us-agricultural-exports-opting-to-send-empty-containers-to-china/ar-BB1d6T7x?li=BBnb7Kz

Well, shucks!

Edited by David Andrews

39 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

He won't be punished, the GOP needs him and his "base" back in 2024.  There is probably a tacit deal in Congress to let him off to guarantee cooperation with the Biden admin and the imaginary "Democrat majority" that Harris only promises.

Next time I'm at the Capitol, I'm going to steal an ashtray from the Senate cloakroom.

It's official per the NYT.

Republicans Rally Against Impeachment Trial, Signaling Likely Acquittal for Trump (msn.com)

46 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

He won't be punished, the GOP needs him and his "base" back in 2024.  There is probably a tacit tdeal in Congress to let him off to guarantee cooperation with the Biden admin and the imaginary "Democrat majority" that Harris only promises.

They don't smoke in the capitol anymore.

Capitol riot latest: Man accused of smoking marijuana on video charged (msn.com)

So no ashtray's in the cloakroom anymore.  But for only $559.99 you too can have a "Senatorial" ashtray.

Vintage ULTRA RARE Art Deco Chrome Fan Ashtray Stand "SENATOR" Smoking Room | eBay

Or a crystal class one signed by Gerald Ford for $22.88.

Vintage ASHTRAY U.S.Senate Signed Crystal/Glass 1967 President Ford Pristine | eBay

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

My impression is that these cowardly Senate Republicans are afraid of; 1) Trump cult terrorists, and 2) Donald Trump supporting primary opponents against them in the future -- i.e., "primary-ing" them, (as Eric Trump phrased it on the eve of January 6th.) They are using the argument that impeachment now is unconstitutional as a convenient pretext for dodging the wrath of Donald Trump and his cult.

My question.   Regardless of the Senate vote on impeachment, shouldn't Trump be tried in court for inciting sedition on January 6th?

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

My impression is that these cowardly Senate Republicans are afraid of; 1) Trump cult terrorists, and 2) Donald Trump supporting primary opponents against them in the future -- i.e., "primary-ing" them, (as Eric Trump phrased it on the eve of January 6th.) They are using the argument that impeachment now is unconstitutional as a convenient pretext for dodging the wrath of Donald Trump and his cult.

My question.   Regardless of the Senate vote on impeachment, shouldn't Trump be tried in court for inciting sedition on January 6th?

They're going to need him to endorse a presidential candidate in 2024: kiss and make up with "stalwart defender of the Constitution" Mike Pence?

Anything can happen in four years, and they'll need him to herd up the deplorables for some candidate's benefit.  He'll make some veiled form of apology, and we'll all look on him fondly then, like he learned to make clay snakes in school finally, at age 24.

They'll rehabilitate him more successfully and publicly than anyone could Nixon, because the Trump base is the deciding element that this iteration of the GOP - its power centered in Kentucky - has aligned itself with.  One suspects that, because of Trumpism, the corporate backing of the GOP is now formed of companies at the political-intellectual level of the celebrities that Trump was able to attract.

Edited by David Andrews

This thread has hit Page no. 400 !!! 

I wonder if this is a forum record. This will forever be a time capsule on this period preceding the 2020 election!

I checked and only 20 pages ago, did we double what I believe was the previous record at least since I've been here, and that is the "Mark Zaid" thread initially started by Jim as a commentary about his suspicions of an overly zealous impeachment prosecution of President Trump, citing Zaid's skepticism about re opening  an investigation into I believe the RFK assassination. But Jim later had comments that he had perhaps joined our forces against Trump. So, so much for that. Anyway,  Congratulations to all who have posted! 

As to the fact no award can be can be completely unblemished, Unfortunately, even after 2 months of Wheeler's absence, it was only until recently that Steve Thomas had become the contributor with the most posts. Yes a sizable amount of our content was Wheeler's zombie spamming. But there were a lot of quality posts as well.

I don't know what Mitch Mac Connell's plan was to finger Trump for the Capitol Insurrection, and then just back down today. I suppose he just wanted to be the 67th vote. You'd think he'd have some incentive after his losing his post, but I'm sure as always, he's calculated in his cynical transparency, that for this second in time, it is the most prudent thing he can do  to regain his role as majority leader in 2022, as there's nothing else in life that matters to him.

Now I'm just going to indulge.

Yes I'm sure Gary Gaetz is a foremost proponent of the School Lunch Programs.

BzLKujtdhYYXiyEZnIq1sMMd7Xhew2UIEIJFkeKW

Hyeahh, and Ted Cruz , supposedly this foremost proponent of "free market innovation". Yeah right!

vhz2cd7tfhd61.jpg

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

This thread has hit Page no. 400 !!! 

Guess what else is going to hang on till 2024:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/27/most-poor-nations-will-take-until-2024-to-achieve-mass-covid-19-immunisation

Ever notice how all immigrants to America come from sh*thole countries, someone said.

Edited by David Andrews