The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Militia alliance in Georgia signals new phase for extremist paramilitaries

By Chris Joyner, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

https://www.ajc.com/news/militia-alliance-in-georgia-signals-new-phase-for-extremist-paramilitaries/UD2JMQV5A5EABHHAKBQZBK2IVY/

"The leader of a private paramilitary group that provided security for Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said he has formed alliances with other far-right groups to advocate for Georgia’s secession from the union, following the arrests of participants in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

The way patriots are now being hunted down and arrested by fellow men and women who have taken the same oath has disheartened any faith I had in the redemption or reformation of the USA as one entity,” Justin Thayer, head of the Georgia III% Martyrs, said in a text exchange with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution this week.

Thayer said the Martyrs have allied themselves with fellow “Three Percenter” militia the American Brotherhood of Patriots and American Patriots USA (APUSA), a north Georgia group headed by Chester Doles, a Dahlonega resident who belonged to various racist and neo-poopoo hate groups before forming the new group in 2019. The combined groups will advocate for Georgia’s secession from the union through an amendment to the U.S. Constitution or through “the collapse of the American experiment,” Thayer said.

For the last 150 years, the Imperial Yankee culture of the northeast has been molding Georgia — and the South in general — into its ‘perfect’ image,” he said."

Donal Trump has vowed to destroy the Governor of Georgia and its Secretary of State. I would not be surprised at all to see him use Georgia as the launching pad for any post-election machinations.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The Assassination of Fred Hampton: New Documents Reveal Involvement of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover

From the article:  JUAN GONZÁLEZ: And in terms of why it’s taken so long and there’s still redactions on some of these documents­— I mean, the assassination of President Kennedy, there have been documents released from that. And here we have one radical revolutionary in Chicago, and it’s taken so long just to get information about what actually happened.

The Assassination of Fred Hampton: New Documents Reveal Involvement of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover | Democracy Now!

Judas and the Black Messiah looks like it will be really good.

(10) JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH - Official Trailer - YouTube

Edited by Bob Ness

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Yow! it looks like the Dems are playing hardball and asking Trump to testify on Monday, a day before the impeachment trial starts!

Boy, do his lawyers have their work cut out for them now!  Trump will look at this as a way to get his message out without Twitter.  They may have to handcuff him and stick a sock in his mouth.  They may resign also, if he ignores them like he does most everyone who advises him.  As Rudy says, he'll be stepping into a perjury trap, because he can hardly pronounce a single sentence without "fibbing".

22 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

During a debate, Biden said that his hero while going to law school was RFK.

That's interesting.  He graduated Syracuse Law in New York, where RFK was a Senator in 1968.  RFK was the Attorney General when he started at the University of Delaware.

I wonder if RFK's renewed pursuit of politics, to revive JFK's policies and maybe seek justice in his death, inspired Biden to seek public office.  In spite of RFK's assassination a month after his graduation, or because of it.

I have to admit somewhere, I went juvenile yesterday.  Sitting in traffic at a stop light, across it in the turn lane coming toward me I could see flags flying, in the back of a pickup.  Like the one I was driving.  Grumbled to the wife about continued crap, which she couldn't see through traffic.  One was obvious t-2020.  As we passed through the intersection the second came clear, F Biden.  It was a pretty day, 70, window down.  I leveled a fully extended one finger salute.  Just couldn't resist. 

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=COCz8oAG&rs=AOn4CLD17QI1VzrBTQujahX8M-7KwsjIZw

I thought Trump's out of control TV debate performance with Biden was so bad that nothing could be worse and I was sure millions of Americans watching Trump's meltdown that night would also see and feel this and finally acknowledge the man is seriously emotionally unstable.

I just watched these two 2016 Republican primary debate You Tube videos with Trump going off the emotional control rails just as manically as he did in the debate with Biden last year. I had forgotten that Trump was like this all through the Republican primary debates in 2016.

And I once again ask the obvious question. How could 75 million Americans watch Trump's out-of-control, WWF type shouting, insulting and talking over behavior in these debates ( which usually descended into audience laughing chaos ) and not understand the obvious. This emotionally unstable man was unfit for the office?

A fact bore out in spades the last four chaotic presidential term years.

Edited by Joe Bauer

23 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I have to admit somewhere, I went juvenile yesterday.  Sitting in traffic at a stop light, across it in the turn lane coming toward me I could see flags flying, in the back of a pickup.  Like the one I was driving.  Grumbled to the wife about continued crap, which she couldn't see through traffic.  One was obvious t-2020.  As we passed through the intersection the second came clear, F Biden.  It was a pretty day, 70, window down.  I leveled a fully extended one finger salute.  Just couldn't resist. 

Ron,

Don't get yourself shot.  There are a lot of angry, delusional guys out there with guns these days.

45b7be08c74336239af6589a9f4cb9e185a16ec3.jpg

Navalny's statement to Putin after sentencing:

The reason why it all happened is one man’s hatred and fear — one man hiding in a bunker. I mortally offended him by surviving an attempt at my life he ordered. … I mortally offended him by surviving, thanks to good people, thanks to pilots and doctors. And then I committed an even more serious offense: I didn’t go into hiding, didn’t start living under protection in a smaller bunker I could afford.

Then something truly terrifying happened … I participated in the investigation of my own poisoning, and we showed and proved, that it was Putin who, using Russia’s Federal Security Service, exercised this attempted murder. … And that’s driving this thieving little man in his bunker out of his mind. The fact that it all came to light.

There’s no popularity ratings. No massive support. There’s none of that. Because it turns out that dealing with a political opponent who has no access to television and no political party merely requires trying to kill him with a chemical weapon. So, of course, he’s losing his mind over this. Because everyone was convinced that he’s just a petty bureaucrat who was accidentally appointed to his position.

He’s never participated in any debates or campaigned in an election. Murder is the only way he knows how to fight. … He’ll go down in history as nothing but a poisoner. We all remember Alexander the Liberator [Alexander II] and Yaroslav the Wise [Yaroslav I]. Well, now we’ll have Vladimir the Poisoner of Underpants — that’s how he will go down in history. …

I’m standing here, guarded by the police, and the National Guard is out there with half of Moscow cordoned off. All this because that small man in a bunker is losing his mind. He’s losing his mind because we proved and demonstrated that he isn’t buried in geopolitics; he’s busy holding meetings where he decides how to steal opponents’ underpants and smear them with chemical weapons.

Dramatic stuff, the entire text is here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/opinion/navalny-putin-speech.html

12 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Yow! it looks like the Dems are playing hardball and asking Trump to testify on Monday, a day before the impeachment trial starts!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment/house-impeachment-managers-ask-trump-to-testify-under-oath-next-week-idUSKBN2A42J0

This is typical Dem softball BS again. I don't know why they don't set up a commission and make the idiot testify as evidence comes in over the transom and let the trial play for a while. In my way of thinking a blizzard of evidence of all the various scams and lies as well as the conspiracy to commit a coup d'etat with all his little ass buddies should be painted all over the scum republicans in congress. Punching the trial out in a couple weeks with the attendant acquittal is a big mistake, regardless of Biden's wishes.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:27 PM, Kirk Gallaway said:

Unfortunately, it looks like the Democrats are just going to rush through this thing and fail for a second time, when new evidence could be coming in after it's finished. If there's an eventual goal of prohibiting Trump from running again,  I don't know what the hurry is.  They've got a few years, but realistically it should be done this year.

They could just postpone the start,  lie low, continue with their legislative agenda, and let the DOJ investigation take it's course, and then proceed, and continue to let Vance and the New York courts and whatever other state courts prosecute Trump. 

Couldn't agree more Bob!

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Just couldn't resist.

Ron, speaking from a state of insanity (Georgia), like W. said, be careful out there.  Everywhere I go I see Trump 2020 yard signs, posters and flags.  I try to just roll my eyes shake my head and go on (because in my home state guns can be legally carried in your car).  I would say these people are evidence of the lack of teaching history & citizenship in our schools, but many of them are my age or older, so I know better.  No offense meant here, but they are like the crazy "rasslin" folks who get all worked up over "steel cage match".  I used to watch wrestling on TV, but always found it funny and tried to figure out how they were pulling off the "stunt" punches, throw downs and "sleeper" holds.  Unfortunately some (many) have went through the looking glass and look at it as real even though deep down they know it's not.  Unfortunately I think many in the Trump world look at him and see someone expressing their deeply felt loss of hope and position and see what they think is a successful man who feels like they do.  That, to me is why the follow him like little sheep.  They think the system is rigged against him (like it is for them), but he prevailed, and if he can prevail, they can too!  (If they don't let their great white hope get beat down.)