The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

I would say much of the rancour and partisan division currently enveloping the USA can be tracked back to the publication and broad endorsement of that highly dubious document.

This is where much rancor and division started in US politics.

House Votes to Seat McCloskey : Republicans Stalk Out, Boycott Swearing In

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-05-02-mn-20101-story.html

The contested Indiana House seat gave rise to Newt Gingrich and the now-well-established Republican aversion to cooperating with Democrats.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is tonight's Wall Street headline. It joins the New York Times in sounding the alarm.

:

How Russia’s ‘Info Warrior’ Hackers Let Kremlin Play Geopolitics on the Cheap

Moscow, with its growing cyber capabilities, appears undeterred by Western sanctions and other countermeasures

5 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Wednesday marks the fourth anniversary of the infamous Intelligence Community Assessment which, it is now known, used the thoroughly discredited “Steele Dossier” to publicly accuse an incoming US administration of treasonous links to an official adversary. I would say much of the rancour and partisan division currently enveloping the USA can be tracked back to the publication and broad endorsement of that highly dubious document.

Do tell. Who "thoroughly discredited" the Steele Dossier? In fact it hasn't been "thoroughly descredited" at all.

Even if it had been do you really think the NSA and other agencies would "publish their real sources"? I know that isn't exactly a fair counterpoint (they have secret sources we don't know about etc) but in fact it is likely the IC would use something like that to put forward a claim without "publishing" the fact that the encryption being used by an adversary was compromised.

I've mentioned this before but I don't think most people understand what actually is occurring behind the curtain. I leave it at that.

Bullrun (decryption program) - Wikipedia

38 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

I hope this gets out over the airwaves for everyone to hear.  The only comment I would make is, if Brad Raffensperger were in an election, I would consider voting for him even though I am technically a Democrat.  He has shown class, ethics and a sense of duty that one would hope all our civil servants and elected officials.

Right Steve. How's that for election fraud? The Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger records a call from the President telling him to find 11, 780 votes! You're right we definitely need that kind of courage from the Republicans Richard!

The thing that concerns me is what will stop the Republican bogus election fraud allegation from gaining even more momentum on Wednesday if the Democrats should decisively sweep the Georgia election on Tuesday and effectively take the Senate? They would then have absolutely nothing to lose!

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Their plan is for Pence to disqualify a sufficient number of individual Biden electors so as to raise Trump to victory.

Because he knows he'll never get the GOP nomination in 2024, or ever.

Edited by David Andrews

Republicans ought to be calling for Trump's resignation or end the GOP: Veteran reporter Carl Bernstein

By Sarah K. Burris January 03, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/republians-demand-trump-resign/

“Veteran Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein responded to the shocking tapes of President Donald Trump attempting to extort the Georgia Secretary of State, saying that it is "far worse than what occurred in Watergate."

Speaking to CNN's Fredricka Whitfield on Sunday afternoon, Bernstein said that these tapes prove that Trump isn't merely a criminal, he's also subversive.

"At the same time this one person subverting the very basis of our democracy, and willing to act criminally in that subversion," said Bernstein. "But more importantly, what we hear on this tape -- this is the ultimate smoking gun tape. It is the tape with the evidence of what this president is willing to do toll undermine the electoral system and illegally, improperly, and immorally try to instigate a coup in which he remains the president of the United States."

He explained that in a normal White House the new Trump tape would be enough to impeach and remove the president and draw a serious investigation from the Justice Department.

"In any other presidency, this tape would be evidence enough to result in the impeachment of the president of the United States, his conviction in the Senate of the United States, and really an immediate call by the members of Congress, including of his own party, that he resign immediately," said Bernstein. "That's really what we ought to be hearing. 'Mr. President, resign, leave the White House, this is unconscionable, it is wrong, and we of your party will not permit it.' We won't hear it. We might form a few Republicans, but that's what's areally called from here. The heroes of the Watergate were Republicans who would not tolerate Richard Nixon's conduct."

He went on to call the demand by Trump for Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to come up with the votes for him "plus one" and illegally deliver the election "criminal."

"We've never had a tape like this before, including the Nixon tapes," he continued. "As for heroes yes, the secretary of state of Georgia is a hero, but so are hundreds of election officials and state officials who have done their job, stuck with it, despite threats, including to their safety and health. We have a number of heroes here. Where we have not had heroes is the Senate of the United States, particularly Republican members, except for a few who have been craven, refusing to condemn this kind of out of control conduct, and the real disgrace in the House of Representatives, more than 140 probably a majority in the Republicans in the House, willing to promulgate and continue this idea, despite the evidence of upending a legal, proper election in which the evidence is clear, the results are clear? This is fantasy. It's not delusion, because they know what they're doing is is fantasy. It's not delusion, because they know what they're doing. And the question is: is some real leader of the Republican Party" going to stand up?”

Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

Acting like the kind of sleazy electoral grafter that the late actor Charles Durning used to play so well in the movies:

DocHopper.jpg.75b5bea42f1da8ae0f5a0b7d96733264.jpg

"Aw, c'mon!  The whole cotton-pickin' state of Georgia can't rustle me up 11,780 votes?"

Edited by David Andrews