The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

He will not be there much longer. Biden has him in his sites.

Also, the federal law that congress would pass would make it easier, not hard to vote.  

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

23 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

What nefarious deeds can DeJoy perform now that the election is over? The purpose of his appointment was to sabotage mail-in voting, which is now history. As for the future, state legislatures are in the act of outlawing mail-in voting, drop boxes etc. (i.e. suppressing the vote), so DeJoy won't have to bother with it again except for those states that still think that making voting easy is a good idea.  Basically events have taken de joy out of his purpose as Postmaster General.

There must be something he can do, else he would have slinked out of town like the rest of them.

Worshipping the golden jackass': CPAC mocked for displaying giant gold Trump statue

by Brad Reed February 26, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cpac-2650809338/

“The Conservative Political Action Conference is set to begin this weekend, and early indications are that much of it will be dedicated to worshipping former President Donald Trump.

In fact, as a video posted by Bloomberg News' William Turton shows, CPAC will even feature a literal gold statue of the former twice-impeached one-term president, who will also be a keynote speaker at the event.”

I think I'm going to be ill.

Steve Thomas

40 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Worshipping the golden jackass': CPAC mocked for displaying giant gold Trump statue

by Brad Reed February 26, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cpac-2650809338/

“The Conservative Political Action Conference is set to begin this weekend, and early indications are that much of it will be dedicated to worshipping former President Donald Trump.

In fact, as a video posted by Bloomberg News' William Turton shows, CPAC will even feature a literal gold statue of the former twice-impeached one-term president, who will also be a keynote speaker at the event.”

I think I'm going to be ill.

Steve Thomas

A golden statue of Trump?

Among millions of Trump Catholic, Evangelical and who knows what other religious groups, isn't one of their basic foundational tenents not to worship false idols?

One of the most morally corrupt, money and greed obsessed men ever to occupy our highest elective office?

Placed in a prominent display location at this CPAC get together? 

Of course it would be purposely "gold" colored. The color of greed.

Looks like Trump cultists will never escape their mass false idol following delusion.

No one can get through to them anymore. They think the Capital Building insurrection and Trump inciting this was...okay!

Wonder where he will lead them from here?  

ADL: The Anti-Defamation League

https://www.adl.org/resources/glossary-terms/patriot-movement

"Patriot" Movement

“A collective term used to describe a set of related extremist movements and groups in the United States whose ideologies center on anti-government conspiracy theories. The most important segments of the “Patriot” movement include the militia movement, the sovereign citizen movement and the tax protest movement. Though each submovement has its own beliefs and concerns, they share a conviction that part or all of the government has been infiltrated and subverted by a malignant conspiracy and is no longer legitimate. Though there is some overlap between the “Patriot” movement and the white supremacist movement, that overlap has shrunk over time; there are, in fact, people of color within the “Patriot” movement, particularly within the sovereign citizen movement.”

Guess they can add the QAnon people to that list.

Steve Thomas

Back to "normal" with the new Republican party. This is a disgrace. I guess we can start the international death toll count for Biden. Add this to his complete (FDA) inaction on the recent report about dangerous levels of heavy metals in baby food in the US and he's really off to a great start. Oh yeah, and his political censorship actions with BigTech. It would sound like a joke to even ask if Garland is going to actually prosecute these protected criminal banks or ignore them like Obama and Trump did. Is this seriously what the "left" wing consists of at this point?

image.thumb.png.aac5167fc13bbbc4fb29e8787f50720b.pngimage.thumb.png.a4af1d2b74df105a8aaa8e50478b5706.png

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/02/27/trump-stewing-over-mccarthy-again-ahead-of-big-cpac-speech-491926

THE REAL STAR OF FRIDAY’S SHOW: A gilded, larger-than-life-size statue of Trump … and you’ll never guess where it was crafted.

It was made in Mexico,” said artist TOMMY ZEGAN, who traveled all the way to CPAC from Rosarito, Mexico, where he lives as an American expat on a permanent resident visa.

The supply chain: Zegan spent over six months crafting the 200-pound fiberglass statue with the help of three men in Rosarito. He transported it to Tampa, Fla., where it was painted in chrome, then hauled it from there to CPAC in a U-Haul, where he managed to cart it through the conference in just a black-and-white Hawaiian shirt and no CPAC credential. (Tickets were sold out.)

If someone offered me $100,000 I’d take it,” Zegan told Playbook.

I was not a big Trump supporter when he ran,” Zegan told me. “I mean I voted for him because I wasn’t going to vote for Hillary. So I voted for him, but I didn’t really care for him. I used to watch ‘The Apprentice’ but I would turn it off halfway. I thought, ‘This is stupid.’”

Steve Thomas

Pro-Trump Republican secession rhetoric in Texas and elsewhere is more than a punchline

By Casey Michel February 28, 2021

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/pro-trump-republican-secession-rhetoric-texas-elsewhere-more-punchline-ncna1259016

“And it’s not just a tiny fringe that’s thinking about these concepts anymore. As the Bright Line Watch, a group of researchers from places like Dartmouth University, the University of Rochester, and University of Chicago, noted in a study released earlier in February, one-third of Republicans said they support secession. Disturbingly, half of Republicans across the former Confederacy (plus Kentucky and Oklahoma) are now willing to break off to form a newly independent country.”

“Perhaps not surprisingly, Texas is leading this charge. As The Daily Beast reported, a Texas state lawmaker — one who attended the Capitol rally on Jan. 6 and claimed it was “the most amazing day” — recently filed the first serious secession bill the country has seen since the Civil War. The Texas Republican Party promptly endorsed the bill, which would give Texans the right to vote in a secession referendum later this year, with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott refusing to denounce the legislation.”

Steve Thomas