The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Joe Biden Owes Neanderthals an Apology

By Charles P. Pierce Mar 3, 2021

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a35716213/joe-biden-neanderthals-texas-governor-greg-abbott-mask/

“They developed highly functional tools and, crucially, were not governors of Texas or Mississippi.”

Neanderthal DNA highlights complexity of COVID risk factors

by Yang Luo

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02957-3

“For example, the COVID-19 risk haplotype described earlier this year1 harbours variants across its entire 50,000-nucleotide span that are inherited together more than 98% of the time. Long haplotypes such as this could be a result of positive selection, maintained in our genomes because they contributed to our species’ chances of survival and reproductive success. They could also be introduced as a result of interbreeding with archaic hominin species such as the Denisovans and Neanderthals.

Some 1–4% of the modern human genome comes from these ancient relatives3.”

3. Green, R. E. et al. Science 328, 710–722 (2010).”

Since it is not their fault, I’m thinking of starting a private law practice and psychotherapy counseling service, representing people who have suffered the emotional distress and pain and suffering they experienced by being labeled a Neanderthal.

I’ll charge $500 an hour.

What do you think?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

On 3/4/2021 at 9:26 AM, Kirk Gallaway said:

Joe said: Biden's eventual improbable "plurality" only win, made possible because Bloomberg diluted Warren's and Sander's vote counts, which before Bloomberg entered the field were actually ahead of Bidens.

First off, it was not a "plurality", or it would have gone to the second ballot at the convention.

Joe, you're the only person in the world who believes that. Bloomberg never harbored a ghost's hope of taking votes from Warren or Sanders. He's a very ambitious guy whose aim was to take votes from Biden because Biden started out so poorly, he thought he could take over the centrist Democrat vote and skew it to Wall Street and get the nomination.

We've told you that over and over again. Any person on the inside of politics would tell you that, including Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

* Again, These are just facts. This is no way to be interpreted as an endorsement of Joe Biden.
heh heh

Kirk, you are correct and I concede I have been in error. Though barely.

Biden's final 2020 primary vote percentage total versus all the other Democratic candidates was 51.63%. 

Biden was behind Sanders, Warren and even Buttigieg in Iowa until South Carolina and then Biden started pulling away with that huge surge from the black voter base which was almost exclusively for him alone ( over 80+% ) over all other candidates.

Biden didn't even campaign ( with meager staff and funding ) in many of the states where he pulled off startling victories. Which tells you other top influence power brokers in those states organized his support there.

Can't help sense that political deals were made behind the scenes between Biden's camp and those state power brokers to swing that kind of one-sided support to Biden despite his not even campaigning in them. Perhaps a promise to choose a black woman as his VP?

Warren and Sanders and others never had a chance with the black vote. 

Even though their working and poverty class economic policy proposals would help black Americans even more than Biden's!

Biden had the black vote completely locked up way before hand, hence he did not even need to campaign in most of the heavy black voting block states.

Regards Bloomberg running primarily because he thought Biden was such a weak Democratic party lead candidate and not because Sanders and Warren were doing well against Biden early in the primaries and Biden was looking so bad in the debates his numbers shrank after two of them...I would like to post a few reported facts and Bloomberg statements ( edited I admit but still quoted ) that dispute that premise imo.

From "The Hill."

Former Vice President Joe Biden won 10 of the 14 states to vote on Super Tuesday, a totally unforeseen turn of events that fundamentally reshapes the Democratic nominating contest and appears to make him the front-runner in the race.

Biden’s campaign was in serious trouble only one week ago.

He was running low on money, had not campaigned or staffed up in the Super Tuesday states and was hunkered down in South Carolina for what many believed to be his last stand.

Now Biden’s victory in South Carolina looks like a turning point in the race.

He also made a clean sweep across the South, where huge turnout from black voters and suburban women propelled him to victories in Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee.

Following Sanders’s thunderous victory in the Nevada caucuses, it appeared he might steamroll competition on Super Tuesday by running up huge margins in California and Texas. There were fears among Sanders’s rivals that he’d build a potentially insurmountable delegate lead.

Now, the former vice president looks unstoppable in the South and in states with large numbers of African American voters, making him the favorite to win the nomination.

Sanders could still close Biden’s delegate lead

California now looks like a firewall of sorts for Sanders.

It could take days or weeks for the final tally to come from the Golden State, but Sanders stands to gain from winning the biggest delegate prize in the country, where 415 delegates are at stake.

The question for Sanders is whether he’ll be able to run up the score — polls taken before Super Tuesday showed him leading by between 17 and 21 points.

At the moment, with about 76 percent of precincts reporting, Sanders has only picked up about 50 delegates on Biden in California. He leads with 33 percent support to Biden’s 24 percent.

The Associated Press called California for Sanders as soon as polls closed, indicating that he’s in line for a clear-cut victory there.

And there are states voting soon that Sanders won in 2016, such as Michigan and Washington, and others where he’ll be expected to do well, such as in Arizona.

Still, Tuesday night raises serious questions about Sanders’s campaign.

The Vermont progressive’s    inability to win over black voters     was fatal for his 2016 primary campaign, and he is struggling just as mightily against Biden this time around. 

Bloomberg went bust

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg ended his campaign on Wednesday and threw his support behind ( weak candidate? ) Biden.

Bringing an end to his quixotic unprecedented spending campaign that relied on his wealth more than anything else.

Bloomberg was on the ballot for the first time on Tuesday night, and the hundreds of millions of dollars ( some say 1 billion ) he spent in just three months did not buy him very much.

Biden’s victories were astonishing in part because of how vastly he was outspent and outmanned by Bloomberg, who entered the race over fears that Biden was a weak front-runner. 

>>> I DISAGREE. <<<

Bloomberg didn't run against Biden. He knew Biden had the huge one-sided black vote already sewn up. Bloomberg wasn't even trying to woo the black voter Biden base.

I don't recall Bloomberg's massive ad and mail campaign attacking or countering Biden. They were much more inferring a difference between him as a so-called corporate economic policy "moderate" and the progressive lean the primaries were taking with Sander's victories and with Warren doing well also.

Biden barely spent time in most of the states that he won. In some of the states, Biden didn’t have campaign offices or staff on the ground, while Bloomberg blanketed the airwaves and had a sophisticated operation with dozens of offices and hundreds of staffers in places like Virginia, which Biden carried by 30 points over Sanders.

Now, Bloomberg appears poised to influence the race in the way many believed he should have from the start — putting his money and muscle behind ... "Biden." 

The weak candidate Biden?

And who will look to further consolidate the centrist vote and ... pull away from Sanders.

Of course!

Leaked Audio Bloomberg Defends Big Banks, Calls Warren ...

image.jpeg.91b05ef386982965e796c526cd760300.jpeg

In a 2016 audio recording from what is thought to be a private Goldman Sachs event, Bloomberg first can be heard referring to the audience as “my peeps.” 

With Bernie Sanders capturing early state victories and Elizabeth Warren ranking second in a new nationwide poll, Bloomberg will be likely looking to stop the progressive candidates’ momentum in tomorrow’s debate. But this new audio gives Warren new ammunition to, once again, ruthlessly drag him on national television.

Bloomberg's candidacy was not about competing against "weak candidate" Biden. It was about stopping Sanders and Warren

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

In Colorado, Denver and Boulder have been progressive for decades-- electing such liberals as Gary Hart, Pat Schroeder, Tim Wirth, Michael Bennett, et.al.   Our most recent Governors-- Ritter, Hickenlooper, and Polis-- have been highly effective liberals.

The city of Colorado Springs (El Paso County) is at the other end of the political spectrum-- the arch-conservative base of NORAD, the Air Force Academy, Fort Carson, and Focus on the Family.

Then we have our sparsely populated, conservative, rancher counties-- politically similar to Wyoming, Montana, and Texas.

Overall, the state has become bluer during the past decade, voting for Obama, (twice) Hillary in 2016, and Biden in 2020.

51 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

In Colorado, Denver and Boulder have been progressive for decades-- electing such liberals as Gary Hart, Pat Schroeder, Tim Wirth, Michael Bennett, et.al.   Our most recent Governors-- Ritter, Hickenlooper, and Polis-- have been highly effective liberals.

The city of Colorado Springs (El Paso County) is at the other end of the political spectrum-- the arch-conservative base of NORAD, the Air Force Academy, Fort Carson, and Focus on the Family.

Then we have our sparsely populated, conservative, rancher counties-- politically similar to Wyoming, Montana, and Texas.

Overall, the state has become bluer during the past decade, voting for Obama, (twice) Hillary in 2016, and Biden in 2020.

So this is all the fault of those Damned Dem's from Denver.  Going all over the state skiing, off roading, hunting, snowmobiling, hiking, spending their money everywhere.  Great!  Share the wealth. 

On 3/3/2021 at 6:22 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Well I guess Congress or the Senate won't be working on pandemic/stimulus relief tomorrow.  Or anything else.

House Cancels Thursday Session After Security Agencies Cite Risk of New Violence (msn.com)

If this was real, they should have kept quiet and ambushed them. You're under arrest,  drop you weapons or else!

In the usual overkill, in mid January there was 25,000 National Guard in Washington. there's still quite a few there who came from without.These people have jobs and regular lives, and are forced to be in Washington.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Thanks Doug. Even though I’m happy, I see future roadblocks to anything infrastructure related, since this is already huge spending. 

9 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Thanks Doug. Even though I’m happy, I see future roadblocks to anything infrastructure related, since this is already huge spending. 

I know I'm a dreamer.  They will double down on it now.  But I dream that this will give impetus to infrastructure.  Both parties know we need it.  Heck, the chump ran with hollow promises about it in 2016.  But partisan change in the future seems to be a pipe dream.

13 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I know I'm a dreamer.  They will double down on it now.  But I dream that this will give impetus to infrastructure.  Both parties know we need it.  Heck, the chump ran with hollow promises about it in 2016.  But partisan change in the future seems to be a pipe dream.

Ron - I know people Need help now and they should get it. But if we don’t pass major infrastructure legislation it will be a hollow victory. My mom would have called this ‘Penny wise and pound foolish’, coming as she did from antiestablishment Irish stock. The bigger problem is the long term displacement of millions of workers no longer needed in this new high tech Industrial Age. 

Last fall, there was a lot of this logic going on that "my enemies enemy has got to be my friend".  And when the balance of elites starting  abandoning  Trump, there seemed to be this silly thinking that somehow I  should then embrace Trump. I see that as so  personality driven and vacuous of any real ideology, comprehension or sense of functionality. This is another such case in point.
Lindsey Graham on Ted Cruz.

“If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you,”

I appreciate the sentiment. Though I don't believe it. As I've seen through experience Graham actually won't convict any Republican. So that could never cut it for  embracing Lindsey Graham for me.
 But then, do we take from that, if public approval of Congress is at an all time low, and Congress hates Ted Cruz. I should like Ted Cruz? I think not.

Check out this story from Al Franken about Ted Cruz that actually happened. This is really funny!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
Last fall, there was a lot of this logic going on that "my enemies enemy has got to be my friend".  And when the balance of elites starting  abandoning  Trump, there seemed to be this silly thinking that somehow I  should then embrace Trump. I see that as so  personality driven and vacuous of any real ideology, comprehension or sense of functionality. This is another such case in point.
Lindsey Graham on Ted Cruz.

“If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you,”

I appreciate the sentiment. Though I don't believe it. As I've seen through experience Graham actually won't convict any Republican. So that could never cut it for  embracing Lindsey Graham for me.
 But then, do we take from that, if public approval of Congress is at an all time low, and Congress hates Ted Cruz. I should like Ted Cruz?

Check out this story from Al Franken about Ted Cruz that actually happened. This is really funny!

OMG!!!!  HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

Funniest thing I have heard since ... I don't even know.

Franken should have fought to keep his Senate seat.