• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Donald Trump has too much time on his hands and is going crazy over the lack of attention.

I've been picking up references to him hijacking wedding receptions at Mar-A-Lago to get on the microphone.

Here's a 2 minute clip of him doing just that on Saturday night going on about Iran and the border and Biden.

https://www.tmz.com/videos/2021-03-28-032821-donald-trump-1060075/

I know that's what I want in my wedding reception.

Steve Thomas

No one talks about how bad, I mean really bad, the Saudis are.  Even when they do godawful things, the sting does not seem to last very long.

Besides the murder of the journalist, and their role in 9-11, they have secretly funded the Muslim Brotherhood for decades.  The Muslim Brotherhood was originally backed by the British.  But as time went on, and Saudi Arabia became a country of mega wealth and a base for Islamic Fundamentalism, the Saudis backed the Brotherhood.  

There is a good book on this that one should read to understand the Middle East.  Its called Devil's Game by Robert Dreyfuss. It was only after I read that book that I began to understand why the neocons were opposing Assad, and why the Saudis paid so much money to propagandize against who Nasser really was.  To give you a hint: the Mossad started Hamas to sideline the PLO's progress. This is one reason I hope the reign of Benjy N is over.  As Woodward noted in his book Rage, Benjy wanted nothing to do with the PLO, and he wanted Trump to break relations with them, which he largely did. Thanks to Jared's friendship with Benjy.

In Devil's Game, Dreyfuss notes that Nasser was probably the last best hope for an overall peace in the Middle East. Both the Saudis and the Israelis did everything they could to poison the relationship between Nasser and JFK. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

No one talks about how bad, I mean really bad, the Saudis are.  Even when they do godawful things, the sting does not seem to last very long.

Besides the murder of the journalist, and their role in 9-11, they have secretly funded the Muslim Brotherhood for decades.  The Muslim Brotherhood was originally backed by the British.  But as time went on, and Saudi Arabia became a country of mega wealth and a base for Islamic Fundamentalism, the Saudis backed the Brotherhood.  

There is a good book on this that one should read to understand the Middle East.  Its called Devil's Game by Robert Dreyfuss. It was only after I read that book that I began to understand why the neocons were opposing Assad, and why the Saudis paid so much money to propagandize against who Nasser really was.  To give you a hint: the Mossad started Hamas to sideline the PLO's progress. This is one reason I hope the reign of Benjy N is over.  As Woodward noted in his book Rage, Benjy wanted nothing to do with the PLO, and he wanted Trump to break relations with them, which he largely did. Thanks to Jared's friendship with Benjy.

In Devil's Game, Dreyfuss notes that Nasser was probably the last best hope for an overall peace in the Middle East. Both the Saudis and the Israelis did everything they could to poison the relationship between Nasser and JFK. 

Thanks for the reference, Jim.  I need to read Dreyfuss's book.

A related book about the Saudis, the Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS, and longstanding MI6 and CIA ops in the Middle East is French journalist Thierry Meyssan's 2019 book, Before Our Very Eyes.   

It's amazing how little discussion exists anywhere in the U.S. M$M about Saudi involvement in everything from the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo to 9/11, Iraq, the Arab Spring, Libya, and the Syrian proxy war.

Amazon.com: Before Our Very Eyes, Fake Wars and Big Lies: From 9/11 to Donald Trump eBook: Meyssan, Thierry: Books

I'm so hurt, ET's heartbroken.

I won't fly a flag in my yard saying this in response to those who do saying F B, F Y Feelings.

But, to them only.

Biden Won.

FYF

Get Over It.  

Eric Trump wants you to know he is heartbroken (msn.com)

Edited by Ron Bulman

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'm so hurt, ET's heartbroken.

I won't fly a flag in my yard saying this in response to those who do saying F B, F Y Feelings.

But, to them only.

Biden Won.

FYF

Get Over It.  

Eric Trump wants you to know he is heartbroken (msn.com)

In related news, Lara Trump was recently hired as a commentator for Faux News, and Eric Trump bashed Joe Biden on Fox for spending some weekends at his modest home in...uh...Delaware.  (In a Fox segment on the current GOP Psy-Op, Operation Border Scare.)

This from the guy whose father funneled millions of taxpayer dollars to Trump Organization coffers for his weekly golf vacations at Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster from 2017-2021.

Of course, Matt Gaetz is under investigation for sex trafficking. But when he was on Tucker Carlson to try to explain, he tried to appeal to Carlson for sympathy by dredging up a 20 year old sex charge against Carlson that didn't go anywhere, that Carlson obviously wished Gaetz never mentioned!

Gaetz then mentions seeing Carlson and his wife at a restaurant and introducing the girl in question, which Carlson denies!  (Gaetz is married!) I'm not sure what Gaetz expectation was, did he really expect to get sympathy and future exposure on Fox by embarrassing his host?

Ideally it would be nice to show just those isolated clips, rather than go through the 10 minute interview. But the most concise way was this sequence that starts at 2:18 and ends at 6:00 on Jimmy Kimmel.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

The day the Fairness Doctrine died was a turning point in modern US history.

As many who defended it at the end said, it was a way to protect the consumer.  He could petition for Equal Time if he was unfairly maligned. Today, only the rich can sue conglomerates like FOX. 

As we shall see with the cases of Smartmatic and Dominion.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

The day the Fairness Doctrine died was a turning point in modern US history.

As many who defended it at the end said, it was a way to protect the consumer.  He could petition for Equal Time if he was unfairly maligned. Today, only the rich can sue conglomerates like FOX. 

As we shall see with the cases of Smartmatic and Dominion.

Verily, Jim Garrison got his day on national TV.  

On July 15, 1967, New Orleans District Attorney Garrison was given a half-hour to respond to an NBC program that was highly critical of Garrison.

That will never happen again. 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:07 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

Verily, Jim Garrison got his day on national TV.  

On July 15, 1967, New Orleans District Attorney Garrison was given a half-hour to respond to an NBC program that was highly critical of Garrison.

That will never happen again. 

I watched the Jim Garrison response on TV when it was aired.

As usual elegantly stated and presented. Garrison was really a man of superlative intelligence, verbal and public speaking skills.

A moving, thought provoking and true deeper moral value honest man and speaker.

Every detractor of Jim Garrison couldn't hold a candle to his sincere, righteous moral value courage and eloquence imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I watched the Jim Garrison response on TV when it was aired.

As usual elegantly stated and presented. Garrison was really a man of superlative intelligence, verbal and public speaking skills.

A moving, thought provoking and true deeper moral value ( Steinbeckian? ) honest man and speaker.

"To Kill A Mocking Bird" Gregory Peckish? Henry Fonda in "12 Angry Men?"

Every detractor of Jim Garrison couldn't hold a candle to his sincere, righteous moral value courage and eloquence imo.

I did as well, and had a similar response. I also recall being thoroughly baffled as to why Garrison's investigation was being savaged on tv in such a public manner. That alone seemed to reek of some sort of lawlessness.  History has proved that to have been the case.

I have been re-reading Joan Mellen's updated Farewell to Justice and am quite mystified by her assertions that not only was RFK behind this Gutting of Garrison's investigation, in order to protect his interest in LHO, but that he might even have met Lee Oswald prior to the assassination.  

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

News accounts all day focused on the attack at the Capitol that left a police officer dead. Many of those news accounts mentioned the Jan 6 riot of Trump supporters after he spent months claiming the election was stolen. Here is his takeaway

image.png.270840a94883bda7b75c03bfdadc64d5.png

This man must never be allowed to hold an office of public trust in the United States, or any other country, for the rest of his life.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas