Jump to content
The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Benjamin Cole

    2003

  • Douglas Caddy

    1990

  • W. Niederhut

    1700

  • Steve Thomas

    1562

Reply to Paul Brancato( my first post after a long time lurking)-  I am a retired physician but well connected to currently practicing docs.  In the early days of Covid Minnesota physicians started a secure link for physicians to share information and it was enormously helpful.  We also had weekly video conferences with regional experts so practicing docs were well informed.  If you are looking for accurate information, I would recommend CIDRAP with Dr Mike Osterholm from the University of Minnesota.

Vaccinations reduce the severity of illness if one is unlucky enough to have a breakthrough case.  So if you are immunized its highly likely that the illness will be milder.  Some of the breakthrough cases are people that have a specific reason.  For example, people that have had a solid organ transplant or people getting chemotherapy or post splenectomy do not get a good immune response so they are at high risk to develop Covid.  Lots is being said about this as they are trying to identify those patients at highest risk so they can get the third dose.  So when they say the immunization is 95% effective that means that 5% did not get the usual immune response.  Testing provides no help for those affected by the virus.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Roger Waage said:

Reply to Paul Brancato( my first post after a long time lurking)-  I am a retired physician but well connected to currently practicing docs.  In the early days of Covid Minnesota physicians started a secure link for physicians to share information and it was enormously helpful.  We also had weekly video conferences with regional experts so practicing docs were well informed.  If you are looking for accurate information, I would recommend CIDRAP with Dr Mike Osterholm from the University of Minnesota.

Vaccinations reduce the severity of illness if one is unlucky enough to have a breakthrough case.  So if you are immunized its highly likely that the illness will be milder.  Some of the breakthrough cases are people that have a specific reason.  For example, people that have had a solid organ transplant or people getting chemotherapy or post splenectomy do not get a good immune response so they are at high risk to develop Covid.  Lots is being said about this as they are trying to identify those patients at highest risk so they can get the third dose.  So when they say the immunization is 95% effective that means that 5% did not get the usual immune response.  Testing provides no help for those affected by the virus.

 

I wish my daughters could understand this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Middle East is running out of water, and parts of it are becoming uninhabitable

By Frederik Pleitgen, Claudia Otto, Angela Dewan and Mohammed Tawfeeq, CNN

Updated 12:08 AM ET, Sun August 22, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/22/middleeast/middle-east-climate-water-shortage-iran-urmia-intl/index.html

This map shows the most water-stressed areas in the Middle East. The large country in the middle is Iran. To its east is Afghanistan, To its west is Iraq. To its north are the oil-rich Central Asian countries we have been talking about.

“The consequences of water becoming even scarcer are dire: Areas could become uninhabitable; tensions over how to share and manage water resources like rivers and lakes could worsen; more political violence could erupt.”

 

image.thumb.png.ff18d449009ff3847d881920afdcdfdc.png

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Fox is in full Benghazi mode with their latest blame-Biden-for-Afghanistan propaganda.

I just saw a post about Fox blaming Obama for a small scale prisoner swap (for Bergdahl) with the Taliban in 2010-- while ignoring Trump and Pompeo's Taliban treaty last year that resulted in the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners, including Taliban founder and de facto leader Abdul Ghani Baradar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Fox is in full Benghazi mode with their latest blame-Biden-for-Afghanistan propaganda.

I just saw a post about Fox blaming Obama for a small scale prisoner swap (for Bergdahl) with the Taliban in 2010-- while ignoring Trump and Pompeo's Taliban treaty last year that resulted in the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners, including Taliban founder and de facto leader Abdul Ghani Baradar.

That's Faux News.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! Not the first Stone I thought to roll, but I did think Keith may have had 9 lives!    RIP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow! Not the first Stone I thought to roll, but I did think Keith may have had 9 lives!    RIP

Keith Richards will probably still be around after the planetary nuclear holocaust. 🤥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump's Border Wall Torn Apart by Arizona Monsoon Rains

"Record monsoon rains have blown floodgates off their hinges as Trump's border wall breaks down."

By Brian Kahn Sunday 2:10PM

https://gizmodo.com/trumps-border-wall-torn-apart-by-arizona-monsoon-rains-1847535174?utm_source=digg

“Much of the work was outsourced to private companies that raked in billions, including Southwest Valley Constructors, which did most of the work in Arizona. The company pulled in $2.7 billion in federal contracts and has faced lawsuits from private landowners who claim explosions tied to construction sent “car-sized boulders” onto their land. (There are also multiple OSHA complaints against the company, which is a whole other issue.) The location near San Bernardino Wildlife Refuge is one of a growing number of chinks in the rushed wall. Another section in Texas where levees were destroyed has left hundreds of thousands exposed to catastrophic flooding.”

 

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lead paragraphs from a front page article in the New York Times today:

 

A group of seven Capitol Police officers filed a lawsuit on Thursday accusing former President Donald J. Trump and nearly 20 members of far-right extremist groups and political organizations of a plot to disrupt the peaceful transition of power during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6.

The suit, which implicated members of the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers militia and Trump associates like Roger J. Stone Jr., was arguably the most expansive civil effort to date seeking to hold Mr. Trump and his allies legally accountable for the storming of the Capitol.

While three other similar lawsuits were filed in recent months, the suit on Thursday was the first to allege that Mr. Trump worked in concert with both far-right extremists and political organizers promoting his baseless lies that the presidential election was marred by fraud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...