The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Breaking: Supreme Court declined to block NY grand jury access to Trump’s tax returns.

...Popcorn anyone?

Champagne for me-- if, and when, justice finally catches up with Don Mar-a-Lago.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm like the Miami Dolphins undefeated team.  The champagne is on ice and just waiting!  I don't drink alcohol however, so I'm going to offer it to some of the "Trump faithful" to deaden their pain if the shoe finally drops and an indictment turns to "guilty".  I would feel so good I might actually try to jump for joy (hope I don't break anything).  Might be better just to extend my flagpole a little taller and put a brighter light on it.  Once Jan. 6th was over I did raise it from half staff and salute it (finally).  There are many obstacles to go, but the daily oppressive feeling is lifting with every day we get past "that former guy".  My hope is that the feeling continues lifting and the dark clouds disperse.  Perhaps a new day will dawn and hope will arise anew.

Jessica Watkins didn't "really" meet with the Secret Service prior to the January 6th insurrection attempt.

She "encountered" them.

She was stopped at the check-in point and told to leave her s*** behind.

I'm so glad we got that minor little point straightened out.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.226726/gov.uscourts.dcd.226726.29.0.pdf

(UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA )
(v. ) 21-CR-128 (APM)
(JESSICA WATKINS )

CLARIFICATION TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR RELEASE AND ADDITIONAL LETTER OF SUPPORT
Jessica Watkins, through counsel, respectfully submits this clarification to her motion for release pending the outcome of her case. Counsel apologizes for being less than clear on a couple of points raised in the original motion – something that unfortunately became obvious by media inquiries. Counsel in no way meant to imply that Ms. Watkins met with the Secret Service. A better verb would have been “encountered.” Ms. Watkins spoke with Secret Service members early in the day when she was coming through the check in point for the VIP area. The point counsel was attempting to make was that she encountered law enforcement, including Secret Service officer on her way to providing security for the rally. She was given directives about things she could and could not do, including directions to leave all tactical gear outside of the VIP area, and she abided by all of those directives. Ms. Watkins does not suggest that she has any direct knowledge that her role as security was sanctioned by anyone other than people involved in organizing the rally. She certainly did not mean to suggest that she was hired by the U.S. Secret Service to perform security. Counsel again apologizes for any confusion created by the inartful language used in the motion.
Second, Ms. Watkins wants the Court to know that she has not been mistreated by the staff at the D.C. Central Treatment Facility. To date, while in the custody of the D.C.
Case 1:21-cr-00028-APM Document 29 Filed 02/22/21 Page 1 of 2
Department of Corrections, she has been treated with respect and dignity. That was not her experience prior to her arrival in the District of Columbia. Counsel has been contacted by the Butler County Sherriff’s Department, which disputes the description of Ms. Watkins’ treatment at their facility, but acknowledges she was placed on suicide protocols. Ms. Watkins denies ever being suicidal or expressing suicidal thoughts, and stands by her assertions that she was placed on suicide watch for retaliatory reasons despite repeated assertions that she was not suicidal.
Finally, Counsel is attaching an additional letter of support that arrived after the prior submission.
Respectfully submitted,
A. J. KRAMER
FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER
/s/ _____________________________ Michelle Peterson
Chief Assistant Federal Public Defender 625 Indiana Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20004
(202) 208-7500 Shelli_Peterson@fd.org
Case 1:21-cr-00028-APM Document 29 Filed 02/22/21 Page 2 of 2

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Clarence Thomas is a disgrace-- especially for his vote in the Shelby v. Holder case, which crippled enforcement of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

He's a man who stood on the shoulders of Civil Rights giants, then took a leak on their heads.

Email I received today from Senator Hawley that he titled, "They are after me.":

When conservatives across Missouri and our country saw what happened in our most recent elections - and the political class’s reluctance to give their own voters a hearing - I objected to the certification of the electoral college votes in Pennsylvania, despite pressure from both Democrats and Republicans.

Pennsylvania wasn’t following their own state’s election law, but the establishment didn’t want to hear it. But that’s not who I work for. I objected because I wanted to make sure your voice was heard.

Now, Biden and his woke mob are coming after me. I need your help.

Before Biden even took office, he shamefully targeted me for voicing my concerns by comparing me to a poopoo. He went even farther saying I should be “flat beaten.” Talking heads in the media were also calling for my resignation, and “keyboard warriors” on Twitter were calling me a terrorist.

Well, I have a message for them and for every special interest that wants me to shut up and ignore the truth: I will not back down.

I ran for Senate with a promise to protect American values, not corporate greed or woke mobs. The challenges we face won’t be easy, but we have something more important than special interests or Hollywood cash - we have a desire to protect our future.

If we do not stand up to the radical left we will get four years of lies, censorship, and America-last policies.

Biden and his allies will continue to lob attacks at us and try to silence us, and the media and Big Tech have already shown they’re on board. That means it’s up to us, the people, to stand up for our own rights. Please, join me in defending this land of opportunity and preserving our values for generations of Americans to come.

Thank you,

Alternate text

Josh Hawley

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Email I received today from Senator Hawley that he titled, "They are after me.":

When conservatives across Missouri and our country saw what happened in our most recent elections - and the political class’s reluctance to give their own voters a hearing - I objected to the certification of the electoral college votes in Pennsylvania, despite pressure from both Democrats and Republicans.

Pennsylvania wasn’t following their own state’s election law, but the establishment didn’t want to hear it. But that’s not who I work for. I objected because I wanted to make sure your voice was heard.

Now, Biden and his woke mob are coming after me. I need your help.

Before Biden even took office, he shamefully targeted me for voicing my concerns by comparing me to a poopoo. He went even farther saying I should be “flat beaten.” Talking heads in the media were also calling for my resignation, and “keyboard warriors” on Twitter were calling me a terrorist.

Well, I have a message for them and for every special interest that wants me to shut up and ignore the truth: I will not back down.

I ran for Senate with a promise to protect American values, not corporate greed or woke mobs. The challenges we face won’t be easy, but we have something more important than special interests or Hollywood cash - we have a desire to protect our future.

If we do not stand up to the radical left we will get four years of lies, censorship, and America-last policies.

Biden and his allies will continue to lob attacks at us and try to silence us, and the media and Big Tech have already shown they’re on board. That means it’s up to us, the people, to stand up for our own rights. Please, join me in defending this land of opportunity and preserving our values for generations of Americans to come.

Thank you,

Alternate text

Josh Hawley

Interesting.  A scam for $ for personal use like trump did over the election.  Or targeting 2024.

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Clarence Thomas is a disgrace-- especially for his vote in the Shelby v. Holder case, which crippled enforcement of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

He's a man who stood on the shoulders of Civil Rights giants, then took a leak on their heads.

You had me at Anita Hill.  What a disgrace to not only Black Americans most especially, but All Americans.

JURISPRUDENCE

Why Biden Can’t Fire Postmaster General Louis DeJoy

Trying to force DeJoy out could lead to constitutional chaos.

FEB 08, 20216:07 PM
Louis DeJoy.
Louis DeJoy on Capitol Hill on Aug. 24. Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call Inc. via Getty Images/Pool

During his first weeks in office, President Joe Biden has ousted a number of powerful officials appointed by Donald Trump. One controversial figure from Trump’s presidency, however, remains in office: Louis DeJoy, the notorious postmaster general who almost sabotaged mail voting in the fall and continues to gut the agency, creating catastrophic delays throughout the country. Progressives are furious that DeJoy has kept his post, but Biden’s hands are tied: While the president can fire other high-ranking executive officials at will, federal law bars the president from terminating the postmaster general under any circumstances. Biden can attempt to oust DeJoy indirectly, but that option is fraught with legal uncertainties, and certain to trigger Republican complaints of norm busting. Unless the president is willing to take a significant legal risk, DeJoy will remain in control for months or years to come.

Wow Joe! So only Trump gets the lifetime opportunity to install a post master just like he does Supreme Court judges?  I suppose he just can't ask him to resign? I think Biden's going to end up stepping on some Republican toes anyway. 

Clarence Thomas was probably the most mediocre pick for Scotus ever! George Bush was eager to be the first Republican to first nominate a black judge who was a conservative Republican. But there was just one problem. There were no good judges fitting those criteria! His few written rulings I've read all seem to sound sort of the same.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway