The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Stage layout at CPAC 2021

image.png.45cd242b7479ca31763ac6bc6a1359b5.png

Statement from Hyatt Hotels Corporation:

"We take the concern raised about the prospect of symbols of hate being included in the stage design at CPAC 2021 very seriously as all such symbols are abhorrent and unequivocally counter to our values as a company," Hyatt said.

image.png.f9fd9f4b2d13a739bd640c2d4c38faf5.png

image.png.e2e449b053ce8e48b80f2ce2d6ddca8c.png

Steve Thomas

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Stage layout at CPAC 2021

image.png.45cd242b7479ca31763ac6bc6a1359b5.png

Statement from Hyatt Hotels Corporation:

"We take the concern raised about the prospect of symbols of hate being included in the stage design at CPAC 2021 very seriously as all such symbols are abhorrent and unequivocally counter to our values as a company," Hyatt said.

image.png.f9fd9f4b2d13a739bd640c2d4c38faf5.png

image.png.e2e449b053ce8e48b80f2ce2d6ddca8c.png

Steve Thomas

They're trying to say any resemblance was unintentional...  For all that believe that I've got some ocean front property in Amarillo for sale...

38 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

This is historic.  A JFK vs US Steel moment?  The banshee's on the right will howl. 

The bill the left want's to pass will have them screaming.  "overturn state right to work laws".

Inside Joe Biden’s decision to dive into the Amazon union drive - POLITICO

Joe Coors is probably rolling over in his grave.

THE COORS BOYS STICK TO BUSINESS - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

8 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

They're trying to say any resemblance was unintentional...  For all that believe that I've got some ocean front property in Amarillo for sale...

It's the old double-cross...

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

That's a good thing. Doesn't really surprise me much as Biden started out more pro Labor. Definitely a good  political opportunity to try to put some distance  between the Democrats and the tech titans  that's always  such a blight from our Hollywood Foreign Press Association.

heh heh

The 7 Deadly Sins of Today’s Conservatives

The 7 Deadly Sins of Today's Conservatives (juancole.com)

From Professor Cole’s column:

I have never found conservatism an interesting ideology, and it seems to me patently false. Its exponents seem to believe that the rich are rich because they are more capable than others and the poor are poor because they are lazy. They decry the role of government in the economy but no one manipulates the government for the benefit of their social class (typically the owners of businesses) than they do. They believe that there are social hierarchies and that these are a good thing. I once heard William Buckley on the radio insisting that the lives of the blind are obviously less full than the lives of the sighted. The crass and embarrassingly glib argument seems to me to sum up the conservative obsession with some people being innately better than others.

Even Buckley, however, would be embarrassed by today’s conservatives, who have devolved into glassy-eyed cultists. They dance around denying reality, imputing the Capitol insurrection to “antifa” in contrast to FBI findings and the evidence of our own eyes. They insisted Joe Biden isn’t really the president. Making sure that the rich are not regulated or taxed in the interests of the public good, the old conservative objective personified by Mitch McConnell, is tame stuff by comparison.

1 hour ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Looks like Biden is willing to dump all of his political capital on Tanden; none on $15 minimum wage.

He needs Murkowski to approve Tanden — a long shot.

He needs Manchin to approve $15 — no shot.