The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

10 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

I know it's beside the point, but it's a pet peeve of mine.  It drives me nuts!  The phrase is "champing at the bit" not chomping at the bit.  There, I've said it.🙂

That's what I love about this forum.  I learn something new every time I'm here.

Not being an equestrian, I always thought the expression referred to horses biting (i.e., "chomping") on the bit.

In other news, Trump, apparently colluded with the Kremlin in 2016.  Who'd have thunk? 

I recall disagreeing with Jeff Carter a while back about the significance of Paul Manafort's relationship with Konstantin Kilimnik, and the alteration of the 2016 RNC platform regarding Ukraine at the convention in Cleveland.

I think Jeff said something like, "Move along now, chelovek.  Nothing to see here..."  🤥

Edited by W. Niederhut
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I recall disagreeing with Jeff Carter a while back about the significance of Paul Manafort's relationship with Konstantin Kilimnik, and the alteration of the 2016 RNC platform regarding Ukraine at the convention in Cleveland.

I think Jeff said something like, "Move along now, chelovek.  Nothing to see here..."  🤥

Have you actually read the Treasury Department read-out on which this new cycle of “collusion” theorizing is based? I don’t think you have because nowhere outside the imaginations of lazy journalists is any new information developed:

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0126

Even though it remains the official position of US Gov that Kilimnik was a “Russian intelligence Services agent”, his CV still reveals he worked for US intelligence cut-out NED (via International Republican Institute) for an entire decade, and when in Kiev he was a regular briefer for US State Dept and others connected to US Embassy. Funny how that major scandal and security breach is not discussed. Similarly downplayed is that Manafort Associates - as eventually deposed Ukrainian President Yanukovych’s political advisors - were never “pro-Russian” and in fact strongly advised acceptance of EU association which cut sharply across Russian interests.

The Treasury Department document should raise eyebrows as it raises the expression of opinion on current events to a sanctionable and even indictable offence if it cuts across “US narratives”. One entity was sanctioned for expressing opinion that the 2000 US federal election suffered from improprieties - but is that not a commonly understood impression? Efforts to punish or criminalize the expression of opinion, or the formulation of analysis outside official dictat, should be resisted - at least one might think…

2 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Have you actually read the Treasury Department read-out on which this new cycle of “collusion” theorizing is based? I don’t think you have because nowhere outside the imaginations of lazy journalists is any new information developed:

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0126

Even though it remains the official position of US Gov that Kilimnik was a “Russian intelligence Services agent”, his CV still reveals he worked for US intelligence cut-out NED (via International Republican Institute) for an entire decade, and when in Kiev he was a regular briefer for US State Dept and others connected to US Embassy. Funny how that major scandal and security breach is not discussed. Similarly downplayed is that Manafort Associates - as eventually deposed Ukrainian President Yanukovych’s political advisors - were never “pro-Russian” and in fact strongly advised acceptance of EU association which cut sharply across Russian interests.

The Treasury Department document should raise eyebrows as it raises the expression of opinion on current events to a sanctionable and even indictable offence if it cuts across “US narratives”. One entity was sanctioned for expressing opinion that the 2000 US federal election suffered from improprieties - but is that not a commonly understood impression? Efforts to punish or criminalize the expression of opinion, or the formulation of analysis outside official dictat, should be resisted - at least one might think…

So, Jeff, are you saying that the U.S. government had already officially accused Konstantin Kilimnik of "providing Russian Intelligence Services with sensitive information on polling and campaign strategy" in 2016, which Kilimnik had obtained from Trump campaign officials? *

I must have missed that news item. 

Nice of you to now acknowledge that there is nothing new here-- quite a switch from your previous position.

The last time that you and I discussed this subject, I opined that the Trump campaign had, apparently, "colluded" with the Russian government through Manafort's contacts with Kilimnik.  If I recall correctly, you said at the time that Kilimnik was not really working for the GRU (a fact which was only formally acknowledged by the U.S. government in the long-delayed U.S. Senate Intel report last year.)

As for your claim that Manafort's work for Yanukovych was not "pro Russian," I'm shaking my head.  🤥

*   https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0126 

TREASURY TARGETS KNOWN RUSSIAN AGENT KONSTANTIN KILIMNIK

Konstantin Kilimnik (Kilimnik) is a Russian and Ukrainian political consultant and known Russian Intelligence Services agent implementing influence operations on their behalf. During the 2016 U.S. presidential election campaign, Kilimnik provided the Russian Intelligence Services with sensitive information on polling and campaign strategy. Additionally, Kilimnik sought to promote the narrative that Ukraine, not Russia, had interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. 

Edited by W. Niederhut
21 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I know Paul, I was just trying to keep it somewhat informal. 😀

Hey Kirk-

If you're serious:  perfect!  If you're being tongue in cheek: very funny.

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Not being an equestrian, I always thought the expression referred to horses biting (i.e., "chomping") on the bit.

Spread the word William 😁

12 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

Joe, good note.  And there was Trump University where fatboy was convicted of defrauding the students and was ordered (by a Judge) to pay back $25M to the students he defrauded . 60 minutes did a piece on Trump University on how he defrauded the students.

And his taxes? 

The TV show "American Greed" could do a half dozen episodes on Trump and his family's corrupt practices and doings and still not cover them all.

Need to rent a car in Florida? US shortage of vehicles means you could pay up to $500 a day

Orlando Sentinel 2021/4/19

https://this.kiji.is/756804677656363008?c=592622757532812385

“Battered by the COVID-19 pandemic, rental car companies are facing a national car shortage, causing availability for travelers to plummet and daily rental rates to spike to as high as nearly $500 a day in Tampa.

“I think madhouse is probably a good way to describe it,” said Jonathan Weinberg, CEO of AutoSlash.com, a website that aggregates discounts for car rentals. “We are benefiting in some ways from the madness. The problem is that in many cases we just can’t find cars for people.”

As the pandemic got underway in March of last year, car rentals plummeted by 90%, according to Weinberg. Over the year, rentals gradually returned, but not before rental companies made the decision to sell off thousands of vehicles in order to stay afloat.”

This. Is. Insane.

Steve Thomas

The Creator of NYPD’s Horrifying Robot Police Dog Linked to Saudi Crown Prince MBS

“MATCH MADE IN DYSTOPIA”

by Noor Ibrahim Apr. 19, 2021

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-creator-of-nypds-horrifying-robot-police-dog-linked-to-saudi-crown-prince-mbs?ref=home?ref=home

“The man behind the company who created the NYPD’s $75,000 robot police dog, which was spotted in action in New York last week, was recruited to serve as an adviser to despotic Saudi crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s futuristic city-state project.

Dubbed “Digidog” by the NYPD, the robot assisted in a Manhattan arrest at a public housing building last Monday, sparking outcry from citizens and lawmakers who viewed it as a wasteful and invasive slap in the face as waves of anti-police brutality protests grip the country.

“We got another killing of Daunte Wright, we got the murder of Goerge Floyd, we got Breonna Taylor and so many others that we can’t comprehend,” said New York Rep. Jamaal Bowman in a video after clips of the robot dog went viral. “And now we got damn robot police dogs walking down the street. What the hell do we need robot police dogs? This is some RoboCop dooky. This is crazy.””

This is slightly terrifying.

Steve Thomas

A new way to pay at Whole Foods: Scan your palm

By Chris Isidore, CNN Business April 21, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/tech/amazon-whole-foods-palm-scan-payments/index.html

Amazon will let customers at some Whole Foods stores pay with simple wave of their hands.

The company announced Wednesday it is bringing palm scanners to one of its Whole Foods stores in Seattle, with plans to roll out the new payment system to eight stores in the Seattle area in the coming months. Customers will hold their hands above the scanner for a contact-free payment method.

The scanners are already available at one of those Seattle stores -- its Madison Broadway location. Amazon plans to expand availability further after this initial test run.”

It had to come.

Steve Thomas

On 4/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, W. Niederhut said:

That's what I love about this forum.  I learn something new every time I'm here.

🤥

Notice how journalists and politicos refer to objectionable things as having been squashed instead of the proper quashed?  Signals a rising trend in violent thought.

“Without Darnella’s presence of mind and readiness to risk her own safety and wellbeing, we may never have known the truth about George Floyd’s murder.”

The video shot by a high school student “will go down in history,” the NAACP in North Carolina, the state where Floyd was born, said in a statement.

“Like the Abraham Zapruder film of the Assassination of President John Kennedy, the traditional police coverup was impossible,” the North Carolina NAACP wrote. “No one, not even many of Chauvin’s police colleagues, could argue against Ms. Frazier’s film.”

Perhaps some here agree what we got after Zapruder was a non-traditional police coverup.

CNN's article on Darnella's video reposted by Yahoo.

I guess the NAACP author associates the broadcast of the Zapruder film on Geraldo Rivera's show in 1975 with the House Select Committee on Assassinations finding years later that it "believes" a conspiracy "probably"  included Oswald, who was the killer.

Edited by George Govus
I got the findings wrong.
10 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

A new way to pay at Whole Foods: Scan your palm

By Chris Isidore, CNN Business April 21, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/tech/amazon-whole-foods-palm-scan-payments/index.html

Amazon will let customers at some Whole Foods stores pay with simple wave of their hands.

The company announced Wednesday it is bringing palm scanners to one of its Whole Foods stores in Seattle, with plans to roll out the new payment system to eight stores in the Seattle area in the coming months. Customers will hold their hands above the scanner for a contact-free payment method.

The scanners are already available at one of those Seattle stores -- its Madison Broadway location. Amazon plans to expand availability further after this initial test run.”

It had to come.

Steve Thomas

The hand-held body temperature readers they aim at our foreheads in some buildings complete the Mark of the Beast.

Edited by David Andrews
5 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

The hand-held body temperature readers they aim at our foreheads in some buildings complete the Mark of the Beast.

David,

Some people say that the Servant of the Beast has already appeared on Earth, and that his followers have been wearing his Mark on their foreheads for the past five years... 🤥

The biggest wild card in U.S. politics now: Trump fans in Georgia | CBC News