The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Looking to academia for guidance can have interesting results.

Jonathan Turley is a man with academic street-cred to the moon: 

Turley holds the Shapiro Chair for Public Interest Law at The George Washington University Law School, where he teaches torts, criminal procedure, and constitutional law. He is the youngest person to receive an academic chair in the school's history....

In appearances on Countdown with Keith Olbermann and The Rachel Maddow Show, he (Turley) called for criminal prosecution of Bush administration officials for war crimes, including torture.[22]

See the rest on Wikipedia. Interesting guy. Not a party-whore, which is rare in DC. 

Here is a segment from his blog of Nov. 8:

However, even in Washington’s inbred environment, the layers of connections to Brookings is remarkable in the Durham indictments and accounts of the effort to create a Russian collusion scandal. The effort was hardly a secret before anyone knew the name of the former British spy Christopher Steele. On July 28, former CIA Director John Brennan briefed then President Obama on Hillary Clinton’s alleged “plan” to tie Donald Trump to Russia as “a means of distracting the public from her use of a private email server.” Notes from the meeting state the plan to invent a collusion narrative was “allegedly approved by Hillary Clinton a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisers to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security service.” That was three days before the Russian investigation was initiated.

Egads. 

Turley seems much more connected to the nuts-and-bolts of DC than MacLean, and of course their professional backgrounds reveal that.  

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/11/08/six-degrees-from-brookings-how-a-liberal-think-tank-keeps-coming-up-in-the-russian-collusion-investigation/

Well, a different perspective. Keep an open mind. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Both Nancy MacLean and Jane Mayer's works Democracy In Chains and Dark Money should be read by all.  The Koches/Libertarian party did buy out the republican party many years ago.  They, the 1% own it a well as as the M$M.  The latter is used to manipulate the former.  If you don't believe me, read the reviews, and the Books.

Amazon.com: Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America: 9781101980972: MacLean, Nancy: Books

Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right: Mayer, Jane: 9780307947901: Amazon.com: Books 

IMO, Trump was always a Trojan horse for the Koch-owned GOP.

During the 2016 Republican primaries, Trump campaigned on the theme that he was the only GOP candidate who was not beholden to the Koch Robber Barons, because he claimed to be financing his own campaign.

What an utter joke.

The reality is that all of Trump's policy decisions as POTUS were based on kick backs and rewards for his wealthy donors.

And his only legislative "achievement," despite having a GOP-controlled House and Senate, was the 2017 tax cut bill for corporations and billionaires-- which was largely written by corporate lobbyists.

Edited by W. Niederhut

I'm not sure if those unfamiliar with U.S. politics are aware of the Citizens United case decided by the Supreme Court in 2010. That case, for all intents and purposes, made it legal to essentially buy politicians. That might be sound like hyperbole, but sadly it is true. It is one of the 2 major rulings by the SC that will lead to the likely end of the U.S. republic after either the 2022 or 2024 elections.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

The NYT, WaPo, and yes Fox, deliver narratives, and they have their cocooned followers. 

To be sure, no one is perfect, but head and shoulders above the rest are Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, and Aaron Mate.

I don't know if this is because you're a foreigner and get bad info, but this take is just laughably wrong on so many levels...

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

I don't know if this is because you're a foreigner and get bad info, but this take is just laughably wrong on so many levels...

Matt! 

How can you say this? 

The aforementioned reporters/journalists are not part of the M$M blob.

Well, to each his own....

Here is some really hot stuff!

"London — Britain's Prince Harry said on Tuesday that he "warned" Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey in an email exchange on January 5 "that his platform was allowing a coup to be staged," a day before rioters attacked the U.S. Capitol building in Washington D.C."---CBS 

OK, so Prince Harry, ensconced in Hope Ranch, Santa Barbara, and conferring with Ms. Markle, determined a coup was about to be staged. Very perceptive fellow.

Meanwhile, the Capitol Police department had a rather different take on matters, according to the WaPo:

About 1:30 p.m. (Jan. 6), Capt. Carneysha Mendoza, a 19-year veteran of the Capitol Police, was at home in suburban Maryland. She had just pulled meatloaf from the oven and sat down with her 10-year-old son, Christian, before he was to spend the rest of the day with babysitters. The commander for a Capitol Police civil disturbance unit, Mendoza was about to head into work for her shift in the Capitol starting at 3 p.m."

Solution: Make Prince Harry the new Captain of the Capitol Police department, and the 3,500 officers they have on payroll (dozens, perhaps even hundreds of whom showed up on Jan. 6 ), all of whom report to the legislative branch of government. 

Ben- I had been reading specific threats and plans online about the planned gathering for 1/6 for weeks in advance as well. Tons of folks did. We'll learn more in the coming months, but it's entirely possible that those in law enforcement that slacked on this, did so for the exact same reason as me: we didn't think a bunch of angry middle age white guys would actually go through with a violent attack. I thought they were trying to look tough with their boasting. Obviously a miscalculation there.

9 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- I had been reading specific threats and plans online about the planned gathering for 1/6 for weeks in advance as well. Tons of folks did. We'll learn more in the coming months, but it's entirely possible that those in law enforcement that slacked on this, did so for the exact same reason as me: we didn't think a bunch of angry middle age white guys would actually go through with a violent attack. I thought they were trying to look tough with their boasting. Obviously a miscalculation there.

I never considered the JFK Assassination would come to This.

10 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I'm not sure if those unfamiliar with U.S. politics are aware of the Citizens United case decided by the Supreme Court in 2010. That case, for all intents and purposes, made it legal to essentially buy politicians. That might be sound like hyperbole, but sadly it is true. It is one of the 2 major rulings by the SC that will lead to the likely end of the U.S. republic after either the 2022 or 2024 elections.

Matt-

You will be happy to know we agree on this one. 

The multi-nationalist-globalists own Washington. 

4 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Matt-

If what you say is true...then how to explain where were the 3,500 officers of the Capitol Police department, and the 2,300 officers of the DC Metropolitan Department on Jan. 6? 

Why did they stand down halfway through the scrum? Read the arrest reports---all sorts of occupants say they were 'let in.' That is primary evidence, not an M$M narrative.

Why was the Capitol Police commander of the Civil Disturbance Unit at home making meatloaf in the afternoon of Jan. 6? (According to the WaPo). Why was the Afro-Cubano Enrique Tarrio, top guy at Proud Boys, let out of jail on Jan. 5?

You mean, everyone knows the Capitol is going to get targeted on Jan 6...and the police decide to take the day off? 

According to news accounts, Facebook and Twitter caused the Jan. 6 scrum, unless it was Trumpers, or perhaps federal infiltrators and provocateurs. 

Something fishy happened on Jan. 6, and I smell a rat. I see a lot of narratives out there, and little reporting. 

I wish we know more about how Prince Harry scoped this out. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

On 11/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, W. Niederhut said:

the Build Back Better legislation,

That is a good thing. As mentioned numerous times but repeatedly ignored by most on this forum, the “build back better” legislation is literally straight from the WEF, which is actually the “going direct, great reset” plan which was approved by the central bankers in august 2019, only a few months before a magical virus appeared and only 2 months before the practice run of event 201. 

I have read the Mayer book and understand some of the influence of Libertarians on the GOP. Thankfully for humanity, some of the tenets of that party are ideologically against the central bank one world government plot, such as the concept of private property. The result is a friction that slows down the build back better plan.    

Check out this letter from an organization of holocaust survivors, if you think that’s misinformation, apply for a job at Pfizer.

https://we-for-humanity.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Stop-Holocaust_Post_EN.pdf

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1459116740407930882

"When I interviewed Trump for "Betrayal" and asked him about his supporters chanting "Hang Mike Pence", he didn't condemn them, he defended them. Here's a clip from the interview. More audio from the genuinely shocking interview will air Sunday on@ThisWeekABC "

"Were you worried about him during that siege? Were you worried about his safety?" Trump was asked.

"No, I thought he was well-protected, and I had heard that he was in good shape. No. Because I had heard he was in very good shape. But, but, no, I think — " the former president blandly replied as Karl interjected, "Because you heard those chants — that was terrible. I mean — "

"He could have — well, the people were very angry," Trump replied before going on an extended rant.

"Because it's common sense, Jon. It's common sense that you're supposed to protect. How can you — if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? — how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress?" Trump asked. "How can you do that?"

Steve Thomas

Beneath the Rittenhouse trial: Grim truths about the state of America

If the Kenosha killer gets off, it won't be because of this trial. It will simply reflect what America has become

https://www.salon.com/2021/11/12/beneath-the-rittenhouse-trial-grim-truths-about-the-state-of-america/?fbclid=IwAR3arF59xED_Q6oZRqAGEOl_OT9kUPlz4ltOpuaR1_Yw9hRW76afMAkz8ac

The WaPo says the Steele dossier is a fake, fraudulent. 

Yet , the Steele Dossier was taken as gospel for years by M$M. 

See Wemple's report: 

Opinion: Does CNN Still Stand By Its Reporting on the Steele Dossier? 

By Erik Wemple

WaPo Media critic
Today at
2:06 p.m. EST

Democracy Dies in Darkness

A week ago, CNN covered the indictment of Igor Danchenko, the primary source for the discredited Trump-Russia dossier compiled in 2016 by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele. The document, which stems from special counsel John Durham’s probe into the Russia investigation, alleged that Danchenko lied to the FBI about interactions with sources as he gathered material for Steele.

Host Victor Blackwell noted that Durham’s work, including three indictments, wasn’t landing with the impact anticipated by former president Donald Trump. “Yes, I mean, look, this is the third person that has been charged,” responded senior justice correspondent Evan Perez. “And all of them have been charged with these types of crimes, lying in some fashion during the investigation. And it is not the type of thing that is necessarily rocking, as you said, the claim that the former president made.”

There was one thing missing from that discussion: CNN’s long-standing claim that the Steele dossier had been at least partly corroborated. Last year, the Erik Wemple Blog chronicled numerous such comments from CNN hosts and reporters. A typical one came from host Don Lemon in November 2017: "Listen, so we haven’t reported here on CNN the salacious details of that dossier, but much of the dossier has been corroborated.”

Lemon wasn’t freelancing; his assessment originated from a February 2017 report by Perez and chief national security correspondent Jim Sciutto, indicating that U.S. investigators had “corroborated some of the communications” in the dossier. The “intercepts do confirm that some of the conversations described in the dossier took place between the same individuals on the same days and from the same locations as detailed in the dossier, according to the officials,” noted the story. But even that report couldn’t confirm “whether any content relates to then-candidate Trump” and noted that “officials did not comment on or confirm any alleged conversations or meetings between Russian officials and US citizens, including associates of then-candidate Trump.”

Narrow though the reporting was, it served as a springboard for broader expressions of confidence in Steele’s work. “CNN, by the way, has corroborated some elements of that dossier," said anchor Wolf Blitzer in June 2017. “A lot has been been verified,” said CNN anchor John Vause in January 2018. If nothing else, the dossier demonstrates how undisciplined cable chatter can amplify a tightly worded print story.

Whatever the distortions, “corroboration" is a poor word to associate with the dossier. As the Erik Wemple Blog has noted many times, the December 2019 report of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz indicated that the FBI had concluded the dossier was a mostly a compendium of inaccurate, unconfirmed and already public claims. The Danchenko indictment contextualizes the flimsiness, alleging that Danchenko fabricated a conversation with a source and relied on a Democratic operative for a claim that ended up in the document.

In light of the recent developments, we asked CNN if it still stands by its “corroboration” reporting and, if so, to which specific parts of the dossier does that apply? We received no response. So, we’ll have to repeat the statement that the network provided for our 2020 story: “CNN stands by our reporting. Our approach to the dossier has been consistent since day one. CNN only reported details when they were corroborated, part of a government filing, or publicly discussed by officials or those mentioned.”

Consistent? Yes, to its credit, CNN covered the Danchenko indictment with a smattering of reports last Thursday. There was also a CNN.com piece. By contrast, the “corroboration” story of February 2017 received saturation coverage at a network programmed to hype all Trump-related items. That brand of asymmetry helps explain why many people mistrust CNN.

---30---

Egads. 

No, this does not mean Trump was a great man.  In fact, I think he is a heavily flawed individual.

But what you read or listen to in the "liberal" M$M about the Wuhan virus, the JFKA, 1.6, 9/11, anything to do with Trump...is not trustworthy. What you are reading or listening to is narratives. 

But narratives written by the globalist ruling class.