The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

2 hours ago, Kathy Beckett said:

Jan 6 gong show? Are you serious?

I have no idea what goes through the minds of people who poo poo the insurrection. We almost lost our country.

Don't you care that the VP was threatened as well? What were you doing, cheering on the sidelines, rooting for the republicans to be able to stay in power?

I am proud of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for standing up to that.

Something had to be done.

I find the current Republican party to act pretty high school. It's embarrassing, really.

Well said.  They do seem a bit cliqueish, maybe even somewhat introverted?  

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

14 hours ago, Kathy Beckett said:

Jan 6 gong show? Are you serious?

I have no idea what goes through the minds of people who poo poo the insurrection. We almost lost our country.

Don't you care that the VP was threatened as well? What were you doing, cheering on the sidelines, rooting for the republicans to be able to stay in power?

I am proud of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for standing up to that.

Something had to be done.

I find the current Republican party to act pretty high school. It's embarrassing, really.

You're being too kind, Kathy.

The Trumpsters in the GOP today are acting more like kindergartners.

Minutes After Being Censured, Gosar Retweets Offending Ocasio-Cortez Video

https://www.newsweek.com/minutes-after-being-censured-rep-gosar-retweets-offending-aoc-video-1650542

Meanwhile….

Does locking away critical data from public scrutiny for decades sound familiar to anyone on this forum? Maybe in 2076, when the FDA comes clean (assuming the president doesn’t delay the release of the files… ::cough: :::cough::), we can finally see how bad it all was. 

This “Trump bad, everything else fine” mentality is really long in the tooth at this point. Absolutely zero democrats have mentioned the BMJ whistleblower and most do not have a clue what they are talking about when it comes to the FDA/CDC/WHO, but they still manage to talk about Trump.

Pfizer did exactly what they were criminally convicted for ten years ago, falsified safety data, the BMJ is even publishing about it and no one on the left cares. Moderna and the government share the vaccine patent. There is a clear record of gain of function research on corona viruses for the last 15-20 years funded by the DOD through cut outs like Eco-Health Alliance and the University of NC. None of this discussed at all on the left and it seems no one is capable of talking about it, its “trump-talk”. They have completely submitted sovereignty to corporations that answer to the davos crowd and its disgusting they even call themselves democrats imo. 

https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda-asks-federal-judge-to-grant-it

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

No one seems to blame twitter for censoring trumps tweet telling the protesters to go home and respect police, instead, “arrest the traitor!” in the best Robespierreian tradition.

1 hour ago, Dennis Berube said:

Meanwhile….

Does locking away critical data from public scrutiny for decades sound familiar to anyone on this forum?

It’s called “Lack of Transparency”
Trump is a poster child for it

Maybe in 2076, when the FDA comes clean (assuming the president doesn’t delay the release of the files… ::cough: :::cough::), we can finally see how bad it all was. 

2021-2076 = 55 years
That’s about the same amount of time Trump has taken “stonewalling” the public using tax evasion methods created by daddy and his accountants.

This “Trump bad, everything else fine” mentality is really long in the tooth at this point.

No, it’s not.
He is a bad apple and deserves some jail time.

Absolutely zero democrats have mentioned the BMJ whistleblower

I’m willing to give the expedited process for vaccine creation(especially this one) some latitude.
If the whistleblower was wrongly terminated, she will have her day in court and I hope she sues the heck out of Ventavia/Pfizer and is duly compensated for it.

and most do not have a clue what they are talking about when it comes to the FDA/CDC/WHO, but they still manage to talk about Trump.

Guilty as charged.

Pfizer did exactly what they were criminally convicted for ten years ago, falsified safety data, the BMJ is even publishing about it and no one on the left cares.

I’m fairly certain, many, if not all of us would prefer “full transparency” and honesty, we just don’t have much control over it regardless of our party affiliations.

Only time will tell in regards to the adverse affects from the vaccines.

Moderna and the government share the vaccine patent. There is a clear record of gain of function research on corona viruses for the last 15-20 years funded by the DOD through cut outs like Eco-Health Alliance and the University of NC. None of this discussed at all on the left and it seems no one is capable of talking about it,

“Many have the impression that GoF research involves making an organism more deadly – for example, increasing the capacity of a virus to cause disease. That impression is incorrect. Certainly GoF research might lead to a more dangerous organism, but most of the time that is not the goal.
There are two broad approaches to GoF research. I’ll illustrate them with viruses but the principles could apply to any organism. In one approach, a virus is passaged in a host until a virus with different properties is obtained. An example is the adaptation of a strain of poliovirus – the type 2 Lansing strain – to replicate in mice and paralyze them. The Lansing strain does not infect mice, but an investigator passed the virus 99 times from mouse to mouse and ended up with a new strain that could now paralyze the mice. The new version of the virus had a new property – it could now infect mice. This experiment was GoF research.
Another way to do GoF research is to use recombinant DNA technology to engineer changes in the genome of the organism. In experiments done in my laboratory, we took a small piece of the genome of the mouse-adapted Lansing strain of poliovirus – coding for just eight amino acids – and spliced it into the genome of another poliovirus that is unable to infect mice. The recombinant virus from this experiment had a new property – the ability to infect mice. This experiment would also be classified as GoF.”

They have completely submitted sovereignty to corporations that answer to the davos crowd and its disgusting they even call themselves democrats imo. 

As non-wealthy individuals, we are surely at a major disadvantage compared to major corporations.

No one seems to blame twitter for censoring trumps tweet telling the protesters to go home and respect police, instead, “arrest the traitor!” in the best Robespierreian tradition.

Two hours after Trump incited and then viewed the events unfold safely from his bunker, realizing the coup was not going to succeed, he told his rioters(still whining about a stolen election) to go home.
Here’s a brief reminder for everyone that conveniently forgot the events of that day:

https://www.kron4.com/news/politics/president-trump-tells-protesters-at-capitol-to-go-home/

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

You're being too kind, Kathy.

The Trumpsters in the GOP today are acting more like kindergartners.

Minutes After Being Censured, Gosar Retweets Offending Ocasio-Cortez Video

https://www.newsweek.com/minutes-after-being-censured-rep-gosar-retweets-offending-aoc-video-1650542

Gosar needs to be removed from office. I guess the present legal mechanism to accomplish that is for voters in his district to put in someone else.  I hope they do. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Gosar needs to be removed from office. I guess the present legal mechanism to accomplish that is for voters in his district to put in someone else.  I hope they do.

Ben,

It looks like Trump and the GOP are rallying around Paul Gosar today.

Can't make this stuff up... 🤕

Trump endorses Gosar as Republicans rally around the lawmaker who posted an anime video of himself killing a colleague

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gosar-house-censure-republicans/2021/11/18/cb6c1396-4888-11ec-b8d9-232f4afe4d9b_story.html

Speaking of Trump/GOP kindergartners, has anyone else noticed the disturbing resemblance between Donald Trump and the protagonist, Oskar Matzerath, in Volker Schlondorff's 1979 film, The Tin Drum, based on Gunter Grass's novel, Die Blechtrommel?

Die Blechtrommel.jpg

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

It looks like Trump and the GOP are rallying around Paul Gosar today.

Can't make this stuff up... 🤕

Trump endorses Gosar as Republicans rally around the lawmaker who posted an anime video of himself killing a colleague

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gosar-house-censure-republicans/2021/11/18/cb6c1396-4888-11ec-b8d9-232f4afe4d9b_story.html

W.-

Trump never stops at stupid.

However, the fact that Trump is an unlikable character is separate from whether the Steele Dossier is entirely fraudulent (which it was), or whether there were federal infiltrators and plants in the Jan. 6 scrum (Merrick Garland refuses to say, citing sources and methods). 

And no matter how loathsome Trump is, should that make Liz Cheney the new Donk heroine? Well, evidently, yes, according to the M$M. I don't buy it.  

Ben,

Look at what Liz Cheney is up against in the GOP at present... 😨

I admit that I may be a bit paranoid about what I perceive as a serious threat of right wing Trump-ist fascism in America, but I think January 6th was only one manifestation of a more serious, systemic American disease.

Lunatic Taylor Greene Threatens 'Civil War' Over Biden's Agenda

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) on Wednesday raised the possibility of a "civil war" if Republicans help President Joe Biden pass his Build Back Better agenda.

crooksandliars.com/2021/11/marjorie-taylor-greene-price-blood

November 17, 2021

Donald Trump Continues to Stoke a Domestic Terrorism Movement
The ex-president is pushing his most brazen lie yet about the January 6 insurrection

www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/11/trump-domestic-terrorism-january-6/

November 18, 2021

W.-

The M$M-Donk-'Phant-national-secutity-state blob wanted to axe Trumpers in their crib, and the Trumpers were stupid enough to hand over an axe. 

Still, ask yourself, why is the issue always Trump and not the $1 trillion the US will spend this year on DoD-VA? Why is M$M militating for more police state powers, censorship and surveillance?

From reading the M$M, did you know that not even one shot would be fired at 70,000 Taliban taking over Afghanistan, in a nation of 40 million?  

And another point to ponder: OK, we do not know if there were federal instigators or provovateurs in the 1.6 scrum, or why the 6,000 Capitol Police and Metro Police stood down that day. 

Whether you are Donk or 'Phant, red-blue, left-right, don't you want to know? 

So the only guy to even ask the question of whether there were federal assets in the scrum 1.6 was a GOP Congressman I never heard of before, Massey, and AG Merrick Garland refused to answer the question. 

And this is a big yawn for the M$M.

Verily, the Trumpers are not a better option to the Donks-'Phants-M$M blob.

I wish there was a better option. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

On 11/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, Matt Allison said:

I've now had 3 shots of the Moderna MRNA vaccine, the strongest one offered. Best thing I've done in years and I feel perfect.

Anti-vaxxers have cognitive issues and I hope they get the help they need.

Got my booster shot today.  If they don't, less of them to vote?

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

W.-

The M$M-Donk-'Phant-national-secutity-state blob wanted to axe Trumpers in their crib, and the Trumpers were stupid enough to hand over an axe. 

Au contraire, Ben.  The Trump DHS axed surveillance of right wing/white supremacist domestic terrorism, (which increased significantly in response to Trump's "stochastic terrorist" demagoguery after 2015.)  And Trump's people were stilling running the DHS (and FBI) on January 6th.

Still, ask yourself, why is the issue always Trump and not the $1 trillion the US will spend this year on DoD-VA? Why is M$M militating for more police state powers, censorship and surveillance?

Those of us who are progressive Democrats have opposed our bloated U.S. military spending for decades.  Bernie is trying to cut the DOD budget currently, God bless him.

From reading the M$M, did you know that not even one shot would be fired at 70,000 Taliban taking over Afghanistan, in a nation of 40 million?  

From what I have read, the Afghan Army began surrendering to the Taliban en masse throughout the country after Trump and Pompeo signed their peace deal with the Taliban last year.

And another point to ponder: OK, we do not know if there were federal instigators or provovateurs in the 1.6 scrum, or why the 6,000 Capitol Police and Metro Police stood down that day. 

Whether you are Donk or 'Phant, red-blue, left-right, don't you want to know? 

Certainly.  We need Trump's records-- including his communiques with Chris Miller, Wray, et.al.  We do know that the Capitol Police were specifically told to target Antifa on January 6th-- not the Trumpsters.

So the only guy to even ask the question of whether there were federal assets in the scrum 1.6 was a GOP Congressman I never heard of before, Massey, and AG Merrick Garland refused to answer the question. 

We need to hear from Wray, Trump's FBI Director, about any informants he had in the ranks of the insurrectionists, and why any intel did not result in appropriate Capitol security.  I've made this point to you several times.   As for Garland, I'm guessing that he is being appropriately circumspect about ongoing investigations.

And this is a big yawn for the M$M.

They are focused on the emerging facts about Eastman, Ellis, Bannon, and Trump's Willard Hotel command center, as well they should be.

Verily, the Trumpers are not a better option to the Donks-'Phants-M$M blob.

I wish there was a better option. 

The GOP was bought by the "misanthropic libertarian" Koch Machine after 2009.  Their agenda is to continuing cutting taxes for their billionaire base and to cut  health, education, and welfare benefits for the public.  They also want corporate deregulation, including limits on environmental protection and climate change mitigation.

It's false equivalence to imagine that the Trump/Koch GOP today and the progressive Democrats have anything in common.  They don't.

Edited by W. Niederhut

44 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I wish I could share your enthusiam for the M$M-Donks-'Phants-Deep State of today. But I do not. 

Bernie Sanders has moments, but has also been cowed by the PC crowd.  Besides, he is on the sidelines. 

Like I say, I found it liberating to shuck off Donk-'Phant loyalties, red-blue, left- right, etc. 

Who would start a war first----Hillary Clinton or Liz Cheney? I don't know.  Who would protect my right to have an opinion? Again, I do not know.  Probably neither. 

Who would authorize infiltration and spying on groups I might belong to, and groundless politically-based prosecutions?

Both.