Jump to content
The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years


Recommended Posts

White House Plumbers series filming for HBO.  Production already halted for "unprofessional conduct":

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9869781/Filming-White-House-Plumbers-suspended-HBO-investigates-unprofessional-behavior-set.html

Seems to feature Woody Harrelson as our beloved E. Howard Hunt.

Edited by David Andrews
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

White House Plumbers series filming for HBO.  Production already halted for "unprofessional conduct":

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9869781/Filming-White-House-Plumbers-suspended-HBO-investigates-unprofessional-behavior-set.html

Seems to feature Woody Harrelson as our beloved E. Howard Hunt.

I hope the screenwriters for this series read Secret Agenda by Jim Hougan.

The last thing America needs is more mainstream media mythology.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Donald Trump shouldstick to his cult and the whole God, Savior, Second Coming thing.

He knows nothing about policy or what's good for the American people.

The country is moving on without him and he can't stand it.

A disgrace': Trump melts down on Mitch McConnell over infrastructure package

by Meaghan Ellis, AlterNet

August 07, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mcconnell-2654559174/

 

"It is a gift to the Democrat Party, compliments of Mitch McConnell and some RINOs [Republicans in name only], who have no idea what they are doing," he added.

Trump even included what appears to be a veiled threat toward current Republican lawmakers as he warned, "It will be very hard for me to endorse anyone foolish enough to vote in favor of this deal."

 

Republican lawmakers let out a collective yawn.

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Wow.  I'd read a (very) little bit about the mob background but this takes if full circle.  Not only worth the read but recommended.

"KGB recruits . . . pride, arrogance, egotism, ambition or vanity (desired) characteristics."

Didn't know about "a bumbling gag of nincompoops" (you would have to believe the FBI is a . . .)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to highlight a chronology I read leading up to Jan. 6th,  of Trump's actions to thwart the results of the election, apart from any direct effort to overthrow the capitol, and any attempt to disrupt the certification of the election on Jan. 6th..

  • Nov 4th: Refuses to admit defeat, started with the 'frankly, we did win'

  • Dec 12th: The SCOTUS shoots down the lawsuits that reached it concerning the elections.

  • Dec 14th: Biden has enough electoral college votes from certified state results, he has finally and definitely won at this point.

  • Dec 19th: Trump tweets 'be there, it will be wild'; which seems to be one of the first mentions of the upcoming protest on the 6th by him

  • Dec 27th: Trump calls and fails to change the opinions of Rosenberg and others to turn the DOJ into his agency. Trump realizes everything so far failed, the 6th will be last chance.

  • Jan 2nd, Trump calles Raffensberger in a last attempt to have Georgia overrule its own election results.

  • Jan 3rd, Trump has last meeting with both Rosenberg and Clarke to decide what to do with Rosenberg (to replace him with Clarke, but all senior staff at the DOJ would quit)

So what we have is that after the lawsuit got shot down by SCOTUS, in December/early January we see a multiprong attack on our democracy:

  1. State and election officials are pressured with personals call by the President to lie on his behalf

  2. the DOJ is pressure to make bold untruthful declarations about the election (they refused)

  3. the DOJ, FBI and CIA leadership are loyalty tested and threatened with being replaced (they and the military made clear they would quit en-masse if that happened)

  4. the GOP loyalists in Congress put pressure on their peers to object to the vote counting on the 6th

  5. the rhetoric leading up to the Jan 6th protest becomes more and more with fighting words, there are communications about this between organizers and the White House

  6. the protest is more and more planned as an assault on the capitol, with tours and shared maps etc.

On nearly all of these points, the Jan 6th committee need to question Meadows and others.

My guess is that somewhere in early January, Trump with a small group of trustees make the final decision that they will send the horde towards the capitol on the 6th, as it is their last ditch chance to stay in power. It wasn't just a coup attempt. The Jan 6th protest was a last hail mary of a weekslong campaign by the White House to overthrow the election results by illegal means after they exhausted all legal means. It was the grand final of weeks of illegal behavior by Trump and a group of loyalist around him.

And as the article states, it is clear why Trump or his cronies were pushing for pardons for people like Meadows.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Just to highlight a chronology I read leading up to Jan. 6th,  of Trump's actions to thwart the results of the election, apart from any direct effort to overthrow the capitol, and any attempt to disrupt the certification of the election on Jan. 6th..

  • Nov 4th: Refuses to admit defeat, started with the 'frankly, we did win'

  • Dec 12th: The SCOTUS shoots down the lawsuits that reached it concerning the elections.

  • Dec 14th: Biden has enough electoral college votes from certified state results, he has finally and definitely won at this point.

  • Dec 19th: Trump tweets 'be there, it will be wild'; which seems to be one of the first mentions of the upcoming protest on the 6th by him

  • Dec 27th: Trump calls and fails to change the opinions of Rosenberg and others to turn the DOJ into his agency. Trump realizes everything so far failed, the 6th will be last chance.

  • Jan 2nd, Trump calles Raffensberger in a last attempt to have Georgia overrule its own election results.

  • Jan 3rd, Trump has last meeting with both Rosenberg and Clarke to decide what to do with Rosenberg (to replace him with Clarke, but all senior staff at the DOJ would quit)

So what we have is that after the lawsuit got shot down by SCOTUS, in December/early January we see a multiprong attack on our democracy:

  1. State and election officials are pressured with personals call by the President to lie on his behalf

  2. the DOJ is pressure to make bold untruthful declarations about the election (they refused)

  3. the DOJ, FBI and CIA leadership are loyalty tested and threatened with being replaced (they and the military made clear they would quit en-masse if that happened)

  4. the GOP loyalists in Congress put pressure on their peers to object to the vote counting on the 6th

  5. the rhetoric leading up to the Jan 6th protest becomes more and more with fighting words, there are communications about this between organizers and the White House

  6. the protest is more and more planned as an assault on the capitol, with tours and shared maps etc.

On nearly all of these points, the Jan 6th committee need to question Meadows and others.

My guess is that somewhere in early January, Trump with a small group of trustees make the final decision that they will send the horde towards the capitol on the 6th, as it is their last ditch chance to stay in power. It wasn't just a coup attempt. The Jan 6th protest was a last hail mary of a weekslong campaign by the White House to overthrow the election results by illegal means after they exhausted all legal means. It was the grand final of weeks of illegal behavior by Trump and a group of loyalist around him.

And as the article states, it is clear why Trump or his cronies were pushing for pardons for people like Meadows.

Mind Boggling.

Not only the blatant seditious actions but how he ( Trump) gets away with it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now the majority of Democrats support another fascist, yet we are still talking about the old one...

 

FASAB 56 was probably the most important thing that occurred under Trump in my opinion, much worse than anything he said. We have trillions of dollars missing and that will ensure that transparency never comes about. Trillions buys a lot of advanced technology and application of it for whomever took it.

I would start by asking those who control the federal reserve. I’m sure Biden is preparing that thorough national security saving investigation with his AG as we speak... The fact that the above statement is unimaginable for either political party speaks volumes to me and has for a long time. 

At this point, the US is akin to a central bank vassal state with very little sovereignty. If anyone has read Princes of Yen or Adults in the Room, you might understand where this is headed. It’s not pretty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dennis Berube said:

And now the majority of Democrats support another fascist, yet we are still talking about the old one...

 

FASAB 56 was probably the most important thing that occurred under Trump in my opinion, much worse than anything he said. We have trillions of dollars missing and that will ensure that transparency never comes about. Trillions buys a lot of advanced technology and application of it for whomever took it.

I would start by asking those who control the federal reserve. I’m sure Biden is preparing that thorough national security saving investigation with his AG as we speak... The fact that the above statement is unimaginable for either political party speaks volumes to me and has for a long time. 

At this point, the US is akin to a central bank vassal state with very little sovereignty. If anyone has read Princes of Yen or Adults in the Room, you might understand where this is headed. It’s not pretty.

And most American’s don’t have a clue how money is created, how the Federal Reserve was created and, what it means to have private shareholders controlling the money supply. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Judge signs off on new money laundering probe into Trump’s Scottish golf resorts

by John Wright August 11, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mcmafia/

Avaaz, a US-based non-profit activism organization, petitioned Scotland's highest court after (members of the Scottish Parliament) rejected calls to pursue an Unexplained Wealth Order against the former US president's Scottish firms," the newspaper reports. "Its petition to the court stated that there are 'no reasonable grounds' to suspect that known sources of lawfully obtained income would have been sufficient to bankroll Mr Trump's acquisition of his Scottish properties."

The Scottish judge, Lord Sandison, "has given the green light for Avaaz to seek a judicial review, a development which will reignite the debate over how Mr Trump acquired his Scottish resorts during a decade-long spending spree," the Scotsman reported.

"Since incorporating his first Scottish company 16 years ago, none of Mr Trump's companies have turned a profit, and consequently, have yet to pay a penny in corporation tax," the newspaper reports, before citing the recent indictment of Allen Weisselberg, CFO of the Trump Organization, on tax-fraud charges.”

“Following Weisselberg's indictment, he stepped down as director of Trump International Golf Club Scotland — but he is still listed as a person with "significant control" over Golf Recreation Scotland, the parent company for Trump's Turnberry resort.”

Three guesses as to who Trump is laundering money for, and the first two don't count.

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Judge signs off on new money laundering probe into Trump’s Scottish golf resorts

by John Wright August 11, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mcmafia/

Avaaz, a US-based non-profit activism organization, petitioned Scotland's highest court after (members of the Scottish Parliament) rejected calls to pursue an Unexplained Wealth Order against the former US president's Scottish firms," the newspaper reports. "Its petition to the court stated that there are 'no reasonable grounds' to suspect that known sources of lawfully obtained income would have been sufficient to bankroll Mr Trump's acquisition of his Scottish properties."

The Scottish judge, Lord Sandison, "has given the green light for Avaaz to seek a judicial review, a development which will reignite the debate over how Mr Trump acquired his Scottish resorts during a decade-long spending spree," the Scotsman reported.

"Since incorporating his first Scottish company 16 years ago, none of Mr Trump's companies have turned a profit, and consequently, have yet to pay a penny in corporation tax," the newspaper reports, before citing the recent indictment of Allen Weisselberg, CFO of the Trump Organization, on tax-fraud charges.”

“Following Weisselberg's indictment, he stepped down as director of Trump International Golf Club Scotland — but he is still listed as a person with "significant control" over Golf Recreation Scotland, the parent company for Trump's Turnberry resort.”

Three guesses as to who Trump is laundering money for, and the first two don't count.

Steve Thomas

This is a significant development.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...