The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

New lows for the day:

Utah governor sports "obscene" surname:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/utah-governor-responds-to-constituent-demanding-he-change-obscene-last-name/ar-AANcBCU

Giant Confederate flag raised in the Ozarks:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-giant-confederate-flag-went-up-in-the-ozarks-one-woman-answered-with-a-billboard/ar-AAMgAcn?li=BBnb7Kz

Lowest of all: no reliable news on season 4 of Ozark.

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Nowhere in my long years of study, can I find a case in the recorded history of mankind, where a civilized society deliberately set out to kill its own children.

Steve Thomas

The N-a-z-i-s killed children with mental disabilities (with Zyklon-B) and, later, Jewish children, but not the general population of their children.

And, speaking of N-a-z-i-s, Republicans in Texas have just issued arrest warrants for opposition party politicians who are opposed to one-party rule in the Lone Star State (by voter suppression.)

This is a pretty good documentary about January 6th.

The failure of the Capitol Police to heed the warnings was pretty awful. They were just unprepared and outmanned.

That crowd was incited and vicious. Goodman saved the day. IMO if you really study this, I think Gosar was in on it.  He kept the House in session while the senate was emptying.  

Another Watergate series, Gaslit, in preparation.  Because you can't have too many Watergate series at once.  This one to star Sean Penn and Julia Roberts as John and Martha Mitchell.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/gaslit-julia-roberts-sean-penn-watergate-drama-starz-joel-nash-edgerton-exit-matt-ross-joins-1234698013/

Does the current situation in Afghanistan remind anyone else of the fall of Saigon?  The U.S.-fabricated regime in Kabul has no staying power or sufficient indigenous support.

Professor Juan Cole has a telling essay this week.  My only disagreement with Cole's analysis is that he fails to point out that Dick Cheney and FBI Director Robert Mueller both, ultimately, testified that the evidence linking Osama Bin Laden to 9/11 "was never forthcoming."  Yet, blaming Bin Laden for 9/11 was the sole pretext for launching our 20 year, multi-trillion dollar war in Afghanistan.

The Great Washington Ponzi Scheme in Afghanistan comes Crashing Down

https://www.juancole.com/2021/08/washington-afghanistan-crashing.html

Re: Trump, you know I've been thinking about  something that might get us out of this mess. It may seem a little far fetched but hear me out.

Why don't we produce a "Truman " like movie  where Trump still thinks he's President. Trump's followers after watching a few episodes will follow in suit and in a couple of months, we'll be right back to normal! 😃

What do you guys think?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Re: Trump, you know I've been thinking about  something that might get us out of this mess. It may seem a little far fetched but hear me out.

Why don't we produce a "Truman " like movie  where Trump still thinks he's President. Trump's followers after watching a few episodes will follow in suit and in a couple of months, we'll be right back to normal! 😃

What do you guys think?

Perhaps they can hire the producer of that fictional Benghazi movie, 13 Hours, that appeared in American theaters before the 2016 election.  The movie was a big hit with Trump supporters.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, James DiEugenio said:

This is a pretty good documentary about January 6th.

The failure of the Capitol Police to heed the warnings was pretty awful. They were just unprepared and outmanned.

That crowd was incited and vicious. Goodman saved the day. IMO if you really study this, I think Gosar was in on it.  He kept the House in session while the senate was emptying.  

This is well worth a bump.  If you've not yet watched it, time well spent.  The best video compilation I've seen.  Insurrection documented.

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Readers of this website especially should ponder the globalist-national security state, and how Bush jr., the GOP establishment, and Biden and the Donk establishment, fit into it. 

Then think about JFK and why he was eliminated. And why US media still has little interest in the JFKA. 

Trump was a sideshow, and with luck, passing from the scene. 

The establishment media would like the "liberal" public to be obsessed with Trump, and to make sure no non-establishment president ever reaches the Oval Office ever again. 

That is the framework in which "news" reaches you. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Readers of this website especially should ponder the globalist-national security state, and how Bush jr., the GOP establishment, and Biden and the Donk establishment, fit into it. 

Then think about JFK and why he was eliminated. And why US media still has little interest in the JFKA. 

Trump was a sideshow, and with luck, passing from the scene. 

The establishment media would like the "liberal" public to be obsessed with Trump, and to make sure no non-establishment president ever reaches the Oval Office ever again. 

That is the framework in which "news" reaches you. 

Ben,

What concerns me is whether the American public will get an honest, accurate appraisal of the 20 year Afghanistan War fiasco, including Trump's negotiations with the Taliban last year to end the U.S. occupation.

I'm not one to blame Trump or Biden for trying to get us out of the quagmire, but many people, including Trump, are already trying to pin the blame on the donkey.  It's disingenuous.

The other thing I fear is an Afghanistan "Rambo Syndrome"-- i.e., people claiming that we could have "won" the occupation of Afghanistan with more bombs, more cajones, etc.  It's the wrong historical lesson.

Geez... How many tons of ordnance did we already drop to bomb Afghanistan back to the Stone Age?