The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

That picture of a proudly jubilant Trump and happy as can be, star struck kid Rittenhousen is sickening.

The message is obvious.

Trump is glowingly showing off his young gleefully smiling protege "hero" who "courageously" blew away a couple of liberal activists ( while breaking numerous serious laws ) as if their killing is cause to celebrate and bestow honor?   

OMG ... this country ( Trump's country ) has gone crazy!

Surprised Trump didn't pin a medal of honor on the Kenosha Kid.

And does that kid's face and facial expression look like someone who honestly has "any" remorse, regret or sorrow ( even one ounce?) about brutally, bloodily and painfully taking the lives of two men just months ago?

The kid looks like he is living his violent video game hero fascist Disneyland dream!

"WOW...look at me mom!  I'm a somebody now!"

If a liberal cause protester viscously blew away two Trump supporters, Trump and his cult would be screaming for a quick and painful death penalty ruling.

It's all so GD perverse!

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

JH, of course it is. 

This one noticeably different subject thread has been allowed for two years however.

It's a separate message one for sure where posters can express themselves ( even vent ) regards the unprecedented divided, stressed and anxious state of our country politically, socially, ideologically, pandemically etc.

Even though it is 90% disconnected from the strict focus JFK research and education venue you have to admit that in these almost unbelievable constant heightened division, anger, even violence state times ( topped by the Jan. 6 insurrection ) mixed with our equally unbelievable society shaking struggle with Covid, that even here on this prestigious JFK truth mission board maybe allowing this one single anxiety releasing thread is understandable and imo hasn't hurt the JFK R & E focus integrity of it.

Edited by Joe Bauer

22 minutes ago, Jake Hammond said:

Ok no worries, I haven't been on for a while and wasn't aware of that. It does seem  a little ' liberal' though, are all views welcome ?

Are you kidding? Of course they're welcome, even invited.

I never confront or attack other posters no matter how different their views on this thread are. Personal attacks just ruin any debate forum.

I state my thoughts, beliefs and views and leave it at that.

Am I a Trump fearing and trashing liberal? Of course I am.  Easy to see with my thread postings.

Yet, I feel Trump supporters have as much right to state their views here and be as respected as can be. I still know that despite our current political belief differences we "all" deeply and sincerely care about the JFK truth and share the same mutual passion in this regards.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Good to hear, one of the reason I stopped using the forum was that it seemed extremely polarised at that time, between the CT and LN factions and I often didn't fit in either side and ended up making enemies with everyone ! which of course happens in political debates inevitably. As long as people are happy to admit to being raging leftists or Evangelical puritans I can't see an issue. I am pretty ' right wing' by English standards but the is more to do with objectivity and truth rather than and political standing , also I feel the shift to the left in general over the last 20 years makes people who still hold fast to the truth more ' right wing by default. The same would be true of course in a shift to the right only in reverse. 

I think you are being serious there, in saying that ' reality' is not a grey haired bearded man in the sky etc... but reality is that there are two genders so I think you can cherry pick either way. Also using Colbert as a reference is like using David Duke as a ref for black people. I think Thomas Sewell would have a few decent quotes to counter . I have come to recognise a very liberal bias though in JFK research community which I didn't perhaps expect to start with which doesn't seem to aid discussion of objective truth seeking, I guess that's my opinion and why I made the original post about this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

2 hours ago, Jake Hammond said:

Good to hear, one of the reason I stopped using the forum was that it seemed extremely polarised at that time, between the CT and LN factions and I often didn't fit in either side and ended up making enemies with everyone ! which of course happens in political debates inevitably. As long as people are happy to admit to being raging leftists or Evangelical puritans I can't see an issue. I am pretty ' right wing' by English standards but the is more to do with objectivity and truth rather than and political standing , also I feel the shift to the left in general over the last 20 years makes people who still hold fast to the truth more ' right wing by default. The same would be true of course in a shift to the right only in reverse. 

Jake,

In reality, there has been a dramatic rightward shift in the American political spectrum during the past 40 years.

Democratic centrists today are, essentially, analogous to Eisenhower Republicans of the 1950s.  As an example, Eisenhower pushed spending on infrastructure, (e.g., the Interstate highway system) and believed that unnecessary military spending undermined funding for socially beneficial expenditures on education.  And top income tax rates under Eisenhower were 90%!

Simultaneously, the Koch-owned GOP today is pushing policies associated with the extreme right wing of the Republican Party of the 1950s-- including Fred Koch's John Birchers.  The Kochs have always aimed at rolling back the New Deal, including Social Security, along with abolishing Medicare and Medicaid.

It's somewhat surprising that so few people seem to realize that Paul Ryan and the Koch-controlled GOP "Tea Party" House actually passed two budget bills after 2010 which would have abolished Medicare, converting it into Ryan's "Voucher Care" program for future beneficiaries!

Another obvious example of the modern rightward shift in the American political spectrum is the fact that the GOP today has been adamantly opposed to environmental protection, whereas Richard Nixon presided over the establishment of the EPA.

The false equivalence/both sider-ist rhetoric nowadays equating essential Republican and Democratic domestic policies is not only inaccurate, but toxic.  There are dramatic, important differences between the policy positions of the Koch-owned (Trump) GOP and the Democratic Party on matters pertaining to tax policy, healthcare, education, infrastructure, environmental protection, and climate change mitigation.

If you're interested in this subject, you should read Duke University Professor Nancy MacLean's landmark history of the modern Koch GOP, Democracy in Chains.

Dwight D. Eisenhower quote: Should any political party attempt to abolish social  security unemployment...

Edited by W. Niederhut

6 hours ago, Jake Hammond said:

I think you are being serious there, in saying that ' reality' is not a grey haired bearded man in the sky etc... but reality is that there are two genders so I think you can cherry pick either way. Also using Colbert as a reference is like using David Duke as a ref for black people. I think Thomas Sewell would have a few decent quotes to counter . I have come to recognise a very liberal bias though in JFK research community which I didn't perhaps expect to start with which doesn't seem to aid discussion of objective truth seeking, I guess that's my opinion and why I made the original post about this thread. 

I block zealots and QAnon types, pal.

So yeah, enjoy your holidays.

20 minutes ago, Jake Hammond said:

Great, I think I'll leave you guys to it then and concentrate on the JFK Assassination and open minded discussion . 

D631758A-ECC7-47DD-B8EE-AF202BAA5CD1.thumb.jpeg.b6d3fbc53d39e2fe60623968ca17cf96.jpeg

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Jake,

In reality, there has been a dramatic rightward shift in the American political spectrum during the past 40 years.

Democratic centrists today are, essentially, analogous to Eisenhower Republicans of the 1950s.  As an example, Eisenhower pushed spending on infrastructure, (e.g., the Interstate highway system) and believed that unnecessary military spending undermined funding for socially beneficial expenditures on education.  And top income tax rates under Eisenhower were 90%!

Simultaneously, the Koch-owned GOP today is pushing policies associated with the extreme right wing of the Republican Party of the 1950s-- including Fred Koch's John Birchers.  The Kochs have always aimed at rolling back the New Deal, including Social Security, along with abolishing Medicare and Medicaid.

It's somewhat surprising that so few people seem to realize that Paul Ryan and the Koch-controlled GOP "Tea Party" House actually passed two budget bills after 2010 which would have abolished Medicare, converting it into Ryan's "Voucher Care" program for future beneficiaries!

Another obvious example of the modern rightward shift in the American political spectrum is the fact that the GOP today has been adamantly opposed to environmental protection, whereas Richard Nixon presided over the establishment of the EPA.

The false equivalence/both sider-ist rhetoric nowadays equating essential Republican and Democratic domestic policies is not only inaccurate, but toxic.  There are dramatic, important differences between the policy positions of the Koch-owned (Trump) GOP and the Democratic Party on matters pertaining to tax policy, healthcare, education, infrastructure, environmental protection, and climate change mitigation.

If you're interested in this subject, you should read Duke University Professor Nancy MacLean's landmark history of the modern Koch GOP, Democracy in Chains.

Dwight D. Eisenhower quote: Should any political party attempt to abolish social  security unemployment...

In large part I agree with this analysis. 

I would add that the modern-day Donk Party is totally immersed into the national security state, and wants social media platforms and Google to effect state censorship. 

And the 'Phants would do the same.

My take is there is more-or-less one establishment party, and both wear some ID politics and social imaging on their sleeves.