• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Steve,

If I had to slide down chimneys on Christmas Ever in arch-conservative, gun-toting El Paso County, Colorado, I'd probably get a concealed carry gun permit too.   Landing on roofs with reindeer must be dangerous down there. 🤥

As for the 60 Minutes story about Reality Winner last night, I should mention that one of the most disturbing revelations was the part about the Trump administration's NSA failing to inform the FEC in 2017 about their intelligence on Russian hacking. 

If I heard the 60 Minutes story correctly, the FEC didn't even know about the Russian hacking of voter data bases in the U.S. until Reality Winner leaked the NSA intel to The Intercept!  Winner's leak may have helped secure our 2018 mid-term elections from Russian hackers.

Regardless, the Trump administration threw the book at Reality Winner for exposing Trump's lies about the 2016 Russian hack.

James Risen wrote about this issue at The Intercept in February of 2019.

The Leaks That Trump’s Justice Department Prosecutes Are Mostly About Trump, His Cronies, and Russia

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/27/trump-russia-leaks-mueller-investigation/

Word is that The Intercept revealed Reality Winner as the source of the leak to federal officials, either through callousness, or intentionally. 

From the Wikipedia entry:

"Federal agents found her diary during a search of her home, in which she allegedly expressed support for Taliban leaders and Osama bin Laden, and for burning down the White House.[30] The U.S. magistrate judge who presided over Winner's bail hearing, Brian Epps, said, "She seems to have a fascination with the Middle East and Islamic terrorism," and quoted her writing: "It's a Christlike vision to have a fundamentalist Islamic state."[30] However, one of the prosecutors at her bail hearing said, "The government is not in any way suggesting the defendant has become a jihadist or that she is a Taliban sympathizer."[31]

Arrest[edit]

Winner was arrested on June 3, 2017. When her house was searched and she was initially questioned, Winner stated that she had a pink AR-15, a 9-millimeter Glock, and a "15 gauge" shotgun, as well as two pets: a foster dog and a cat. She stated she "wasn't trying to be a Snowden or anything".[32]

---30---

Let me guess. If Reality Winner becomes part of an anti-Trump narrative, then the pink AR-15 is not important. 

If she is a Trump supporter, then the pink AR-15 is proof of what a violent kook and nut she is....

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, Donks and 'Phants are how I refer to the purple party, that is the Democrats and Republicans. 

Sure, because there are no real differences between Democrats and Republicans-- except when it comes to tax cuts for corporations and the 1%, funding for education, Obamacare, Medicare, Medicaid, scientific research, clean energy and infrastructure, environmental protection, climate change mitigation, gun control, public health measures during deadly pandemics, voting rights, civil rights, women's rights, and LGBT rights.

Other than that, the "Donks" and the 'Phants are identical... 🤥

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Sure, because there are no real differences between Democrats and Republicans-- except when it comes to tax cuts for corporations and the 1%, funding for education, Obamacare, Medicare, Medicaid, scientific research, clean energy and infrastructure, environmental protection, climate change mitigation, gun control, public health measures during deadly pandemics, voting rights, civil rights, women's rights, and LGBT rights.

Other than that, the "Donks" and the 'Phants are identical... 🤥

Well, we could argue each issue, but the purple party is beholden to its donor class...the same class. 

Many issues are multi-faceted. If you care about human rights, do you go with supine Obama-Wall Street-NBA-Disney position on China, or with Trump? 

I am totally onboard with true civil rights---does that mean drinking the woke kool-aid? (Yes, in Donk circles).

Who wants more state-mandated social media censorship? Hillary Clinton, and not a few other Donks, are calling for "gatekeepers." 

I abhor AR-15s, Reality Winner's pink one or otherwise. On the other hand, if the government does not keep citizens safe, or keep safe streets (except for better-off neighborhoods)....can you blame people for buying weapons? 

I just don't see the good guys here, although I do see a lot of PR.

PS I got vaxxed twice, and it took an effort where I live. That said, the various strategies of different nations on the pandemic all seem to end up in the same place.  Nothing really works, or perhaps only delays the inevitable for a few months.

The US federal government has been fear-mongering on C19, but why? 

No, I do not think there is an ulterior motive, aside from the fact the public health bureaucracy is doing what the defense bureaucracy alway does----highlight dangers. You are never safe. 

But to advocate "time to move on" on C19, as I do, is to be labelled a nativist hillbilly.

And to suspect C19 came from a lab in Wuhan is to be a Trump-lulu conspiracy nut. 

You can keep these two parties. I want something better. 

Ben:You can keep these two parties. I want something better. 

Well, I appreciate your idealism. But, you're just American Dreaming  again, Ben. You'll never be a citizen anyway .Why waste a thought on it, much less endless posts.?

Maybe in another lifetime?

Or maybe you just want the best for us? That's very touching!

I don't think we can pull any strings though.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

What would you call the US government PR stance re C-19, and re foreign military threats? 

Rather broad question don't you think? I don't consider a fire alarm "Public Relations" although I suppose it is in a sense. They have every reason to scream far and wide about COVID 19. The general population is so stupid they have to put large signs in bathrooms telling people to wash their hands after they sh!t. It follows the same idiots who won't practice that wouldn't wear a mask during a pandemic, not to mention the even dumber ones who won't on "principal" or "politics", take your pick.

As far as the broader Geopolitical ramblings going on I'd point out that the Europeans (including Russia) have been slaughtering, raping, invading and pillaging one another for centuries until the US parked armies there and it mostly ceased. In spite of what Carter and some of the other Putin apologists here will say Russia has reawakened it's population to the idea of the "Great Mother" reclaiming it's historic destiny and land holdings. Pass a few passports out and go defend your citizens! SOP in Europe. Ask Hitler if you can find him. That's the short version, excluding China.

Edited by Bob Ness

Merry Christmas!

The season of peace and love.

Colorado Republican Congresswoman Lauren Boebert posted a photo of her young children brandishing assault rifles in front of a Christmas tree on Tuesday.

All I want for Christmas is my new AR-15

My new AR-15

My new AR-15

All I want for Christmas...

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

All I want for Christmas is my new AR-15

My new AR-15

My new AR-15

All I want for Christmas...

It is a sad commentary.  We are only a week out from a 15 year old shooting his classmates in Michigan with HIS Christmas present and now she posts this.  WHAT A MOM!

Only looking out for the best interest of her country, her constituents and her children.

...somehow it just doesn't ring true.

It is 1984, INSANITY is sanity!

Corona (rumor of contagion always precedes U.S. military invasions of sovereign nations ) , domestic mass casualty events, even most elections and certainly all major political campaigns (the best way to think of Democrats and Republicans is that they are Pentagon contractors vying for selection through corruptible electronic balloting) - all contain indicators of being psychological warfare missions, courtesy of Pentagon planners and the cmdrs and personnel of the military's two psychological operations divisions, often with partnerships between two or more branches. 

Hey, My son sent me Get back. Has anybody seen it?

George leaves the band. The band comes to his house to talk about it and it doesn't end well.  They come back to the studio the next day, George isn't there, and John and Paul go off into another room and talk about it. But unbeknownst to them there is a mic concealed in the flower pot that records their conversation!

I'm not sure why in this excerpt that they switched back to the picture because the entire conversation is written out on screen in the film.

It's also cut short for some reason. Near the end,John says to the effect, "Well it's your band Paul", and Paul says back "No you've always been the leader!"

heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Inside Tim Cook’s (Apple's) Secret $275 Billion Deal with Chinese Authorities--

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/facing-hostile-chinese-authorities-apple-ceo-signed-275-billion-deal-with-them

Elon Musk Needs China. China Needs Him. The Relationship Is Complicated.--

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-needs-china-china-needs-him-the-relationship-is-complicated-11638594026

The M$M is worried about Russian influence in social media and in US elections, and that a US regime more favorable to Moscow might emerge.  Personally I think Putin is a rat, but that the fear of Russian influence is vastly overrated.  IMHO, as they say.

In contrast, the influence of the CCP/China is wielded through America's most powerful globalist mega-corporations. China does not need to get involved in penny-ante social media platforms---they have the NBA, Disney, Apple, Tesla, GM, BlackRock, Bridgewater et al doing the effective big-dollar PR for them. 

The NBA is a perfect role-model for you. 

For older guys, this is jarring. There was a time (in my youth) when every political  conversation had to include a few paragraphs on the evils of communism and especially communist nations. 

Now, Russia is a capitalist-kleptocracy aligned with the Russian Orthodox Church. A mirror to every country the US backed in South America.  

In contrast, China is dominated by the CCP, pushing out NGOs and religion organizations, and becoming more authoritarian daily. 

But Russia, and only Russia is the bad guy. Stay focused on Russia. 

Remember Trump and Russia! 

BTW, to repeat, Putin is a thug, and I dearly hope no war breaks out in Ukraine. If war does break out, it will likely be Putin's fault, although there is quite a bit of context lost in Western media. 

China made some military incursions recently into India, a land grab, and no one seemed to care. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Inside Tim Cook’s (Apple's) Secret $275 Billion Deal with Chinese Authorities--

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/facing-hostile-chinese-authorities-apple-ceo-signed-275-billion-deal-with-them

Elon Musk Needs China. China Needs Him. The Relationship Is Complicated.--

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-needs-china-china-needs-him-the-relationship-is-complicated-11638594026

The M$M is worried about Russian influence in social media and in US elections, and that a US regime more favorable to Moscow might emerge.  Personally I think Putin is a rat, but that the fear of Russian influence is vastly overrated.  IMHO, as they say.

In contrast, the influence of the CCP/China is wielded through America's most powerful globalist mega-corporations. China does not need to get involved in penny-ante social media platforms---they have the NBA, Disney, Apple, Tesla, GM, BlackRock, Bridgewater et al doing the effective big-dollar PR for them. 

The NBA is a perfect role-model for you. 

For older guys, this is jarring. There was a time (in my youth) when every political  conversation had to include a few paragraphs on the evils of communism and especially communist nations. 

Now, Russia is a capitalist-kleptocracy aligned with the Russian Orthodox Church. A mirror to every country the US backed in South America.  

In contrast, China is dominated by the CCP, pushing out NGOs and religion organizations, and becoming more authoritarian daily. 

But Russia, and only Russia is the bad guy. Stay focused on Russia. 

Remember Trump and Russia! 

BTW, to repeat, Putin is a thug, and I dearly hope no war breaks out in Ukraine. If war does break out, it will likely be Putin's fault, although there is quite a bit of context lost in Western media. 

China made some military incursions recently into India, a land grab, and no one seemed to care.

More truth than poetry there brother.

38 page Powerpoint Presentation in the possession of Mark Meadows.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210716135230if_/https://www.ingersolllockwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/voter-fraud.pdf

Talking Points
- The Chinese systematically gained control over our election system constituting a national security emergency
- The electronic voting machines were compromised and cannot be trusted to provide an accurate vote count
- To restore confidence the “failsafe” of counting the paper ballots must be used to determine who won the election for President, Senators, Congressional Representatives
- Hand counts reported by the media are not really hand counts and easily subverted

A Trusted Lead Counter will be appointed with authority from the POTUS to direct the actions of select federalized National Guard units and support from DOJ, DHS and other US government agencies as needed to complete a recount of the legal paper ballots for the federal elections in all 50 states.
US Marshals will immediately secure all ballots and provide a protective perimeter around the locations in all 50 states.
DHS will use their emergency response logistic capabilities to support the effort. They will integrate the IT support that will include separating out the legal from the counterfeit ballots and communications with all supporting the effort and cameras (Possibly cell phones) imaging each and every ballot. These images will be distributed to the Internet.
The federalized National Guard in each state will be supplied detailed processes and be responsible for counting each legitimate paper ballot. Teams made up of three (first couple counties will be five) National Guard members will do the counting. As the counting occurs each ballot will be imaged and the images placed on the Internet so any US citizen can view them and count the ballots themselves. The process will be completely transparent.

Steve Thomas