The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

17 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I'm not sure if subsequent posts were pro staying in Afghanistan or not , but I'll try to address what Doug's saying.

Doug: In my opinion America and the free would will pay heavily in geopolitics for what Biden had done. In his speech yesterday he claimed he had ended the "Forever War."

Ok, so what do you propose? Are you making the argument we should stay indefinitely because after all it's only 20-30 billion a year to employ a small force of 2500 who keep things reasonably stable in at least Kabul?

Doug: In my opinion America and the free would will pay heavily in geopolitics for what Biden had done. In his speech yesterday he claimed he had ended the "Forever War." Then he went on to declare a new war, this one on terrorists who threaten America.

But that's not a new war, presumably isn't that what we say we've been doing for the last 20 years? But we  don't know the working reality of that statement. He's done the deed and how do we know he's not just trying to assure the hawks that America just won't roll over in the future. We don't know how much commitment that statement entails.

RE New Yorker article:200,000 people Doug?  So we're a lot better at making friends than I ever thought we were! So we owe it to everybody whoever co operated with us? I'm not going to trust the Taliban , but is there any point in them seeking reprisals on 200,000 people? They've got a country to run and have to understand to keep it from crumbling they are going to need some cooperation from world community.

Doug: China now knows it can move against Taiwan. The terrorists now know they can move against America's homeland, maybe as proxies for China and Russia. 

I'm not sure what you mean specifically by the Middle East terrorists moving against the U.S in our homeland as proxies, but we certainly can't be sure to be safe , from terrorist attacks based within the U.S..

China moving against Taiwan is the big one, isn't it? But of course Taiwan has the "silicon shield" . In some senses Taiwan Semi conductor has the  whole world hostage and if it was, for any reason, to stop production, the world would be shut down. So they hold some chips against a Chinese invasion.

Of course, you have an impressive resume Doug. I've won a couple of Mandarin Speech contests and was considering being an interpreter many years ago, but decided i didn't want to go that route. But it did leave me some knowledge about the Chinese culture. This could sound Pollyanneish , but they've had a long history of being invaded but not being an imperialist power. They seem to be intent on taking over the world economically using far less weapons and bombs than our history shows we have. We'll see if that's where history's trending. We largely gave them Hong Kong. But in the meantime,let's hope we'll l be hearing mostly a lot of saber rattling about them taking over some largely uninhabited South Seas Islands.

The bottom line is that virtually everyone who closely follows foreign affairs as much as domestic affairs believes Biden has committed a geopolitical error of incalculable magnitude that puts our country in mortal danger. I concur in that assessment. Every office holder who is a Democrat will suffer politically even though each one played no role in what he did. Biden's judgment in implementing policy, foreign and domestic, must now be scrutinized carefully. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug: The bottom line is that virtually everyone who closely follows foreign affairs as much as domestic affairs believes Biden has committed a geopolitical error of incalculable magnitude that puts our country in mortal danger. I concur in that assessment.

Ho! virtually everyone Doug? Or maybe....anybody whose anybody??? Just like virtually everyone who believes JFK was killed because of the Alien Presence?

Huh! Well uhh.... thanks for the dialog Doug!

Whoever would have thought that Joe Biden would become the next Eugene Mc Carthy, and we'd become a nation of hawks and doves again?.

I was saying this awhile back. People here project that all presidents are hostage to the Defense Establishment which is largely as powerful as it was during the JFK era. 50 years have passed. Times actually change!

-We got into the Iraq War and our extended occupation of Afghanistan  through George W. Bush  and his PNAC group. He was under no pressure from the militarily or politically to start a war in Iraq. He did it to himself, and all of us and the rest of the world. Each successive President, Obama, Trump and Biden could have taken the heat and gotten out of Afghanistan  and only Biden chose to, and he's taking  the heat.

i could see particularly from a foreigner watching the U.S. aggressive foreign policy over the years. It would seem very spooky. What is it that prompts all these U.S.Presidents to invade countries and continually perpetuate war, then the next thought is what's this, some  ungodly cabal similar to the ones that killed JFK that force the President, or else?

To demystify this from the military dictating policy to each successive President, the truth is there's a whole other factor involved, and that is the complicity of the American people. There are whole towns and medium size and rather large cities where the Defense industry is the chief employer, and the entire economy revolves around the federal defense budget. This is more true in red states , where the defense industries dominate the general output because their overall economies are smaller.

To the extent that the American people also buy into this false narrative of every successive President's beholding to the mighty Defense establishment, That's really not taking responsibility. Americans, themselves are a very security minded people. There are many people in the U.S. who buy this credo of American Exceptualism, and have a mindset that they are indispensable to the free functioning of any world that they would ever consider living in.  The problem lies largely within ourselves.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

10 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The bottom line is that virtually everyone who closely follows foreign affairs as much as domestic affairs believes Biden has committed a geopolitical error of incalculable magnitude that puts our country in mortal danger. I concur in that assessment. Every office holder who is a Democrat will suffer politically even though each one played no role in what he did. Biden's judgment in implementing policy, foreign and domestic, must now be scrutinized carefully. 

I believe that no one in the US cares what happens in the Afghanistan, except some people inside the globalist DC bubble. 

27 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I believe that no one in the US cares what happens in the Afghanistan, except some people inside the globalist DC bubble. 

Well if what you say is true Ben, then this reluctance to get out should boil over pretty quick. And I'd like that.

But if the msm is nonstop coverage of "misery and unrest in Afghanistan" for the next few months. . Because I wouldn't want to go back into Afghanistan , that doesn't mean I don't care about Afghani atrocities.  After all, they are people.

Just like you were saying fondly about the rioters in 1/6, that you like them because, to you they represent "the downtrodden, the unprivileged, the disenfranchised," etc.  Oh that's right you've had a change of heart and now they're "cretins", right??

heh heh!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

27 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Well if what you say is true Ben, then this reluctance to get out should boil over pretty quick. And I'd like that.

But if the msm is nonstop coverage of "misery and unrest in Afghanistan" for the next few months. . Because I wouldn't want to go back into Afghanistan , that doesn't mean I don't care about Afghani atrocities.  After all, they are people.

Just like you were saying fondly about the rioters in 1/6, that you like them because, to you they represent "the downtrodden, the unprivileged, the disenfranchised," etc.  Oh that's right you've had a change of heart and now they're "cretins", right??

heh heh!

Yeah, Biden will have lost the "Afghan vote" in Nov. 2024. 

I never said I liked the people in the 1/6 scrum. I said they were the marginalized, outcasts, mentally challenged and so on. Which they obviously were, to anyone who does scant primary research on the arrest reports, affidavits charges and so on.

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

I still do not understand an unorganized mob of less than 600 people could push their way into the US Capitol when the Capitol Police had a force of 2,300 and the DC Metropolitan Police have a force of 3,500, and the phones worked. 

They were waiting for the National Guard to ride cavalry to the rescue?  

I guess the Afghan Army took cues from the Capitol Police....

Biden did a courageous thing, and I am both pleasantly surprised and grateful. Had Trump pulled it off while he was President I would say the same thing, and I am glad he started the ball rolling. Obama’s Afghanistan surge was very wrongheaded, Bush 2 is forever on my xxxx list for his war crimes.

17 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

This is pure bunk-- a type of straw man-- written and published to discredit the evidence of explosive demolitions, and to conceal the identities of the people who blew up the WTC on 9/11.

As propaganda, I would liken it to the forged letter that was used to discredit Dan Rather's attempts to expose George W. Bush's history of going AWOL from the Texas National Guard.

Edited by W. Niederhut

I don't know where to put these two interesting pages on the JFKA, surely pages to be argued over and not accepted entire.

Defense Industrial Security Command, as purported in the Torbitt Document (I know, l know):

http://www.umsl.edu/~thomaskp/harhal.htm

TSBD as gun-runner hub:

https://www.thegirlwhoshotjfk.com/behind-the-cover-of-textbooks/

Edited by David Andrews

5 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Peggy Noonan says Biden's reputation is forever tarnished.

Unfortunate, the link is truncated. I got it off the Drudge Report.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/afghanistan-withdrawal-fiasco-biden-mcchrystal-gates-holbrooke-obama-military-taliban-11630612285

I suspect that Rupert Murdoch's WSJ reports of Biden's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

My question.  Where were all of these alarmed, Republican Afghanistan experts last year when Trump and Pompeo surrendered to the Taliban-- without consulting the Afghan government-- and released 5,000 Taliban leaders from prison?

Trump even invited the Taliban to Camp David on September 11, 2020, before he was talked into cancelling the invitation.

From the Overnight Defense Report by The Hill:

Biden moves to declassify, release 9/11 docs

Biden on Friday signed an executive order directing the Justice Department and other agencies to review and release certain documents related to the FBI's investigation of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Biden touted the move as the fulfillment of a campaign promise, and it is likely to provide some solace to families of victims of the attacks who have for years pushed the government to declassify and make public more information around the events of 9/11.

"My heart continues to be with the 9/11 families who are suffering, and my administration will continue to engage respectfully with members of this community," Biden said in a statement. "I welcome their voices and insight as we chart a way forward."

What the order does: Biden's order directs the Justice Department and other federal agencies to begin a review of documents and requires the attorney general to release declassified information over the next six months.

Congressional oversight: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said the panel would oversee the review "to ensure that all agencies adhere to the president’s guidance to apply the maximum degree of transparency allowed by law when conducting the review.”

Family efforts: The issue of the classified documents has been an ongoing cause for many families of victims of the attacks. A group of those families issued a statement last month urging Biden not to attend any memorial events this Sept. 11 unless the administration released documents surrounding a potential link between Saudi Arabia and the attacks.

The group 9/11 Families United issued a statement Friday praising Biden's executive order.

"We are thrilled to see the President forcing the release of more evidence about Saudi connections to the 9/11 Attacks," Terry Strada, whose husband was killed in the World Trade Center, said in a statement.

"There is much more work to be done to secure justice for our murdered loved ones and to rectify the immense damage the 20-year shroud of secrecy has caused, but we now are optimistic that President Biden will be helping us achieve those goals," Strada added.

10 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Biden did a courageous thing, and I am both pleasantly surprised and grateful. Had Trump pulled it off while he was President I would say the same thing, and I am glad he started the ball rolling. Obama’s Afghanistan surge was very wrongheaded, Bush 2 is forever on my xxxx list for his war crimes.

Biden showed grit that Trump lacked. One could argue that Trump was going to pull out after re-elected, ala Nixon-Vietnam.

But the record shows Biden pulled out, ran the gauntlet and took the punches. Trump did not. 

DC is a globalist bubble, btw. 

Outside the DC bubble, there must be dozens, perhaps even hundreds of Americans who care about Afghanistan.

Evidently there were dozens and even hundreds of people inside Afghanistan (a nation of 40 million) willing to fight the Taliban. 

Some nations have universal conscription, such as Israel. Other nations have universal conscription for males, such as S Korea and Thailand. Those nations are serious about national defense. 

Afghanistan had a phantom Army of 300,000 that ran away from 70,000 Taliban. 

Good on Biden. Yeah, the exit was bungled, a fitting end to an occupation that never should have happened.  I wonder if the military peevishly bungled the exit on purpose.