Jump to content
The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years


Recommended Posts

Mr Niederhut - I’m no fan of Republicans, most especially now. And I’m fully behind Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan. But I don’t think, in fact I know, that we can’t lay all the blame on Republicans for our foreign acts of aggression. Do you agree? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Mr Niederhut - I’m no fan of Republicans, most especially now. And I’m fully behind Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan. But I don’t think, in fact I know, that we can’t lay all the blame on Republicans for our foreign acts of aggression. Do you agree? 
 

Paul,

     Someone once pointed out that all of America's major wars during the past 60 years were started, or escalated, by Presidents from Texas-- LBJ in '65, GHWB in '90, and Dubya Bush in 2001 and 2003.  Of course, LBJ was a Democrat.

    Bill Clinton signed off on the NATO bombing of Serbia, and Obama signed off on Operation Timber Sycamore in Syria, NATO intervention in Libya, and the surge in Afghanistan.

    So, no, I wouldn't lay all of the blame for our acts of foreign aggression on the Republicans.

    But what we are witnessing this summer, IMO, is a concerted GOP smear campaign to blame Biden for the abrupt collapse of the Afghan Army and government-- a process which was initiated by the Trump/Pompeo surrender to the Taliban last year, in negotiations that excluded the Afghan government.

     IMO, Donald Trump is a sociopath, and a Russian asset, who has an uncanny knack for dodging consequences for his misconduct, while blaming others for his misdeeds.   We've seen this time and time again.  This Afghanistan debacle is merely the latest example.

Edited by W. Niederhut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Paul,

     Someone once pointed out that all of America's major wars during the past 60 years were started, or escalated, by Presidents from Texas-- LBJ in '65, GHWB in '90, and Dubya Bush in 2001 and 2003.  Of course, LBJ was a Democrat.

    Bill Clinton signed off on the NATO bombing of Serbia, and Obama signed off on Operation Timber Sycamore in Syria, NATO intervention in Libya, and the surge in Afghanistan.

    So, no, I wouldn't lay all of the blame for our acts of foreign aggression on the Republicans.

    But what we are witnessing this summer, IMO, is a concerted GOP smear campaign to blame Biden for the abrupt collapse of the Afghan Army and government-- a process which was initiated by the Trump/Pompeo surrender to the Taliban last year, in negotiations that excluded the Afghan government.

     IMO, Donald Trump is a sociopath, and a Russian asset, who has an uncanny knack for dodging consequences for his misconduct, while blaming others for his misdeeds.   We've seen this time and time again.  This Afghanistan debacle is merely the latest example.

Have you noticed the msm coverage of Afghanistan has been on the whole critical of Biden’s exit? It seems like we never have enough of war. Biden’s spokespeople are constantly having to point out during interviews that polls show Americans wanted us to get out. It would be nice if our liberal pundits would focus on history and the horrible mistakes that have led us to this precipice, rather than the unavoidably messy exit. Obama should have gotten us out. Why didn’t he? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

IMO, Donald Trump is a sociopath, and a Russian asset, who has an uncanny knack for dodging consequences for his misconduct, while blaming others for his misdeeds.   We've seen this time and time again.  This Afghanistan debacle is merely the latest example.

How is Afghanistan an example of Trump being a sociopath? He didn’t start it and he brought some troops back if I remember correctly (which he was harshly criticized for on the left). He may or may not be a sociopath, but I completely fail to see Afghanistan being an example of that. The Biden withdrawal disaster had to have been planned imo and makes little tactical sense to choose the Kabul airport over other more easily defended options. I personally think the missing element to this is what Assange said in 2011 about Afghanistan. There are a lot of people with certain knowledge and documents that powerful people want to disappear that likely involves the missing $21 trillion in “unaccountable adjustments”. Assange called them the “transnational security organization” i think, something close to that anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dennis Berube said:

How is Afghanistan an example of Trump being a sociopath? He didn’t start it and he brought some troops back if I remember correctly (which he was harshly criticized for on the left). He may or may not be a sociopath, but I completely fail to see Afghanistan being an example of that. The Biden withdrawal disaster had to have been planned imo and makes little tactical sense to choose the Kabul airport over other more easily defended options. I personally think the missing element to this is what Assange said in 2011 about Afghanistan. There are a lot of people with certain knowledge and documents that powerful people want to disappear that likely involves the missing $21 trillion in “unaccountable adjustments”. Assange called them the “transnational security organization” i think, something close to that anyway. 

Dennis,

     Trump negotiated the U.S. surrender to the Taliban last year without including the Afghan government (and army) in the negotiations.  He reduced U.S. troop levels to 2,500 in January while refusing to share Pentagon intel with Biden's transition team.  Then he bragged as recently as June that Biden "couldn't stop" the Trump "withdrawal process" in Afghanistan.

    Now Trump is actively blaming Biden for the abrupt surrender of the Afghan Army and government to the Taliban.

    How do you explain Trump's 180 degree flip flop on Afghanistan?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Dennis,

     Trump negotiated the U.S. surrender to the Taliban last year without including the Afghan government (and army) in the negotiations.  He reduced U.S. troop levels to 2,500 in January while refusing to share Pentagon intel with Biden's transition team.  Then he bragged as recently as June that Biden "couldn't stop" the Trump "withdrawal process" in Afghanistan.

    Now Trump is actively blaming Biden for the abrupt surrender of the Afghan Army and government to the Taliban.

    How do you explain Trump's 180 degree flip flop on Afghanistan?

The same way I would explain Democrats slamming Trump for withdrawing troops at that time and now supporting this mess, politics, theater, blame-game. Every cheerleader for any POTUS ever always seeks to blame negative things on the “other” guy. 
 

Considering what Biden did yesterday, I would've gambled on literally anyone else for POTUS. Naomi Wolf is right.

 

https://rumble.com/vmas3g-a-biofascist-coup-was-declared-today.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Dennis Berube said:

The same way I would explain Democrats slamming Trump for withdrawing troops at that time and now supporting this mess, politics, theater, blame-game. Every cheerleader for any POTUS ever always seeks to blame negative things on the “other” guy. 
 

Considering what Biden did yesterday, I would've gambled on literally anyone else for POTUS. Naomi Wolf is right.

 

https://rumble.com/vmas3g-a-biofascist-coup-was-declared-today.html

Dennis,

     The latest CDC data indicates that un-vaccinated Americans were 11 times more likely to die of COVID in 2021 than the vaccinated.  So, Biden is following George Washington's example in mandating vaccinations (variolation in Washington's case) to protect the general public.

    And vaccine mandates are as American as apple pie-- upheld by the SCOTUS in the case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts.

    As for Trump, if he had any integrity, he would support his own withdrawal plan for Afghanistan, rather than blaming Biden for the capitulation of the Afghan Army and government.

    That's a big "if."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dennis Berube said:

How is Afghanistan an example of Trump being a sociopath? He didn’t start it and he brought some troops back if I remember correctly (which he was harshly criticized for on the left). He may or may not be a sociopath, but I completely fail to see Afghanistan being an example of that. The Biden withdrawal disaster had to have been planned imo and makes little tactical sense to choose the Kabul airport over other more easily defended options. I personally think the missing element to this is what Assange said in 2011 about Afghanistan. There are a lot of people with certain knowledge and documents that powerful people want to disappear that likely involves the missing $21 trillion in “unaccountable adjustments”. Assange called them the “transnational security organization” i think, something close to that anyway. 

I didn’t say that 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I didn’t say that 

 

 

If you had said it, Paul, I would have agreed with your diagnosis.

IMO, Trump is an extreme narcissist and a sociopath-- a man devoid of empathy who habitually lies and manipulates others to meet his own needs.

He should have the decency now to take responsibility for his deeply flawed treaty with the Taliban, rather than trying to blame Biden for the fall out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 5:37 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

The author has followed up, and the original article was not “true”, rather it was written to punk 9-11 “truthers”. The author has been a long time contributor to CounterPunch, so the article initially appeared as an outlier or some sort of satire. The author’s explanation is here:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/09/10/belief-truth-science-religion-and-9-11/

The author believes NIST has it right. I personally don’t know enough of the science involved to hold an opinion, and therefore consider the building demolition concepts the wrong rabbit hole for skeptics when there are other more robust shelters to dwell while doubting the official findings.

That said, the author’s endorsement of Occam’s Razor as a reliable guide to the truth fails to account for the subjectivity at play determining what is in fact the simplest explanation. Both sides of the JFK debate, for example, have invoked the formula although only one side can be right - i.e. the simplest explanation can only be determined when all the facts are “on the table”.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

The author has followed up, and the original article was not “true”, rather it was written to punk 9-11 “truthers”. The author has been a long time contributor to CounterPunch, so the article initially appeared as an outlier or some sort of satire. The author’s explanation is here:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/09/10/belief-truth-science-religion-and-9-11/

The author believes NIST has it right. I personally don’t know enough of the science involved to hold an opinion, and therefore consider the building demolition concepts the wrong rabbit hole for skeptics when there are other more robust shelters to dwell while doubting the official findings.

That said, the author’s endorsement of Occam’s Razor as a reliable guide to the truth fails to account for the subjectivity at play determining what is in fact the simplest explanation. Both sides of the JFK debate, for example, have invoked the formula although only one side can be right - i.e. the simplest explanation can only be determined when all the facts are “on the table”.

 

Jeff,

    You are correct about the fact that the Counter Punch article is bunk-- written to discredit the 9/11 Truth research.

    As for the physics of the WTC building demolitions-- it is simple.

    WTC1, WTC2, and WTC7 all collapsed to the ground at virtual free fall acceleration.

    Ergo, there was no significant resistance to free fall collapse (at the acceleration of gravity.)

    In other words, the lower steel substructures were abruptly demolished by explosives.

    Honestly, the Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth have explained the physics quite clearly.

    That's why the perpetrators of 9/11 (and their M$M contractors) have been so desperate to black out any coverage of their research.

https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/near-free-fall-acceleration

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COVID ravages the Republican Party as 21 out of 23 most infected states voted for Trump

by Sarah K. Burris September 12, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/ravages-republican-trump-states/

“Last week, the hashtag "GOPDeathCult" was trending on social media as Republican governors continued to refuse to take precautions to keep their states safe. The recent COVID-19 numbers now show that out of the 23 worst states for the virus in the country, 21 of them voted for Donald Trump in the last election. “

“The chain of correlation makes it "much harder to assert that politics is not playing a role," wrote the Post's correspondent Philip Bump. “

“Read the full piece at The Washington Post. “

 

Death Cult indeed. All hail the Hale-Bopp Comet!

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

As a former Librarian, I resemble that remark.

 

Former librarian here too. Want to hear a good library story? My last job was running a prison library. We had a small world globe on a table in the library, and this inmate was searching for something on the globe. He said, "Mr. Ecker, can you help me find the North Pole on this globe?" I pointed out where it was, saying, "It's right here on top." And he said, "Oh, no wonder I couldn't find it."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...