Jump to content
The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years


Recommended Posts

Ron said:  1984?

That's right Ron.

 

Lt_FGw6cMLXqlgQX78SI1mf9hiQDqHA9cJaEbOro

 

The Man Who Knows Too Much | GQ

Hell hath no fury as Glen (and Ben?) scorned.
 
Of course I don't think Greenwald  should be removed from twitter, but his tweets are a perpetual monotonous, (but certainly mesmerizing to Ben),  bitchfest and railing against  the" corporate democrats" who ironically have now  been trying to engineer the biggest  social works program, since FDR, but fell 2 people short because they can't can't  seem to get around the Fox strangle hood of their red state constituencies, and win any kind of solid majority in elections.
This despite the fact t that you ask all these people in red states if they'd like expanded medicare benefits, if they'd like to break  up big pharma's ban on competitive collective bargaining pricing for prescription drugs, as Canada has. If they'd like help with child care,  If they'd like help with paid leave during childbirth and all they seem to unaminously agree they would, and  yet can't make the leap that that's what the Democrats want to give them, because they've swallowed the culture wars and this Democrat "elitist" label that the true economic elitists as  Tucker,Fox news opinion makers have spoonfed them.
 
But the travesty is, they are joined by  Greenwald, who should know better but is only  thrashing out because despite being an avid first amendment proponent had  a critical lapse of judgment and and was shunned by the intelligentsia for  being an enabler in 2016  of the biggest presidential first amendment tyrant of any President in U.S. history, and because of that  is on an endless hissyfit  about the "Democrats and the liberal media establishment."
 
Having said that, I can understand that some people might oppose all this spending, but they're in the vast minority. A lot of the opposition  are just mesmerized with the Fox culture wars and don't vote in their interest. But they would gladly accept such spending if it was given to them by the Republicans, but unfortunately they only want to appropriate more money for defense and to cut revenue by lowering taxes to millionaires. Which has some sort of twisted appeal to them, because in their dreams, that's  the kind of problem they'd like to have.
 

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=30643&key=e576d9fb4f72757000dc6911101efe23Gr

Edited by Kirk Gallaway
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Richard Price said:

Ben, I would take it to mean that she was working the 3pm to ? shift.  You do realize none of the police were on a 24 hour shift don't you?

Yes. 

On the other hand, I would expect the vast bulk of the 3,600-officer Capitol Police department to be on duty on Jan. 6--and especially the commander of the civil disturbance unit.

(Not that I would want anyone to...oh, you know, do anything extreme like show up outside of their scheduled shift.) 

The WaPo has been shrieking for months about the tsunami of evidence that trouble was brewing on Jan. 6.  Why, WaPo says federal authorities must censor Facebook, so aboveground and obvious was the planning for the Jan. 6 "insurrection."  

So Jan 6 comes...and the Capitol Police had 10 officers on some entrances to the Capitol (by WaPo reporting).  Commanders were making meatloaf in Maryland suburbs on the afternoon of Jan. 6! (And that is by softball WaPo reporting, which has routinely demonized police officers nationwide, but now is lionizing the Capitol officers.)

Egads. And where were the 2,300 officers of the DC Metropolitan police? They get a pass too. 

So...(again by WaPo reporting) phone calls were made to suburban police districts, and the FBI, and they sent some guys down and moved the crowd out the Capitol onto the lawns, an arrested everybody. 

The national insurrection was thus bravely quelled. 

Well, interesting story. 

BTW, I think the 'Phants are just as awful as the Donks.

But as of now, the Donks-Deep State-M$M are aligned, while the 'Phants seem to have the WSJ and not much more. 

Another oddity: No one at WaPo seems to have been at the Capitol on Jan. 6. I keep reading, but not coming across first-person accounts by a WaPo reporter. Maybe I missed it, and I have not read the whole piece. 

Reminds me of M$M post-JFKA narratives.

That is one reason to study the JFKA---to learn how to look for political or authoritarian narratives, as opposed to journalism. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Lt_FGw6cMLXqlgQX78SI1mf9hiQDqHA9cJaEbOro

That meme reminds me that the pseudo-democratic, fatally seductive world of the internet and social media is the one thing Orwell failed to predict in the all-stick-no-carrot universe of 1984.  Given another couple years of life, he might have glommed that there would be carrots, all poisoned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

One thing many miss on here is; it matters not who made the statement, only whether it has validity or not. 
It would be great to see a renaissance of critical thinking. 

Man, you said it. 

Right now, groups and individuals affiliate with, indeed worship, narratives, not journalism.

The NYT, WaPo, and yes Fox, deliver narratives, and they have their cocooned followers. 

To be sure, no one is perfect, but head and shoulders above the rest are Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, and Aaron Mate. Saagar Enjeti is really good too. Krystal Ball is pretty good, and fun to look at.  The Hill Rising puts on an interesting show. 

I still have not seen Tucker Carlson's three-part series on 1.6, so I am withholding judgement. It is getting the Oliver Stone treatment, so it may be worth watching...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well said, Kirk.

Meanwhile, the Liberal Redneck has just posted his review of Tucker Carlson's Patriot Purge in his inimitable style.

I love this guy.  I hope he doesn't pull a Glenn Greenwald and start working for Fox... 🤪

January 6th Wasn't A False Flag

Trae Crowder blasts the conspiracy theory that January 6th was a false flag.
 

This guy is great, in spite of or because of David's poisoned carrots. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

That meme reminds me that the pseudo-democratic, fatally seductive world of the internet and social media is the one thing Orwell failed to predict in the all-stick-no-carrot universe of 1984.  Given another couple years of life, he might have glommed that there would be carrots, all poisoned.

Hi David,

When looking at Orwell (Eric Blair) at a glance, it's easy to think he may have been a disenfranchised, maladjusted chap, with a warped imagination that led him to conjure up dystopian visions of the future, I think anyone that lived in that time would understand where he was coming from, particularly those who escaped from communist states. Perhaps those who quote him so frequently are seeing or interpreting his writings in ways other than they were intended, on occasion. But, make no mistake about it, he was part of the intellectual clique of his time, Aldous Huxley was his French teacher. Huxley being another guy who moved in such circles, his brother was Sir Julian Huxley, the eugenicist. On reflection, perhaps Huxley's predictions in 1958 which became "Brave New World Revisited" were more accurate than Orwell's vision of the future. However, both of them are looking very prescient indeed now and there is plenty that Orwell was right about. Perhaps the greatest prediction was that people would live in servitude and be blissfully unaware, or be happy about it. That they'd be compliant because of a mix or entertainment, propaganda and pharmacological means. Social media is a form of addictive entertainment, The Romans went to the Colloseum high on grog to watch the games and find a loose woman, in 2021 we can watch all manner of entertainment on our phones 24/7, load up on sugar, have alcohol delivered to our door, and bat one out to porn instead of making the effort with a girl. It's all addictive and dopamine releasing, I don't see it as all that much different aside from the fact public discourse and censorship happens on this tech device. He did highlight a device called the telescreen, where parallels can be drawn. Orwell was spot on with the surveillance. What amazes me is how the public have forgotten the tragedies of the twentieth century and ignorantly think it can never happen again. 
 

 

Edited by Chris Barnard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

Hi David,

When looking at Orwell (Eric Blair) at a glance, it's easy to think he may have been a disenfranchised, maladjusted chap, with a warped imagination that led him to conjure up dystopian visions of the future, I think anyone that lived in that time would understand where he was coming from, particularly those who escaped from communist states. Perhaps those who quote him so frequently are seeing or interpreting his writings in ways other than they were intended, on occasion. But, make no mistake about it, he was part of the intellectual clique of his time,

 

Chris, do try the Bernard Crick biography of Orwell, which details his experiences at the far reaches of the Empire, and also his willing descent into poverty and obscurity to detail the oppression thereof in Down and Out in Paris and London and The Road to Wigan Pier.  Read those books, also.  My experience of Blair has been, if not the most complete, then a bit more than glancing.  He was no lightweight.

https://www.amazon.com/George-Orwell-Life-Bernard-Crick/dp/1999439503

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well said, Kirk.

Meanwhile, the Liberal Redneck has just posted his review of Tucker Carlson's Patriot Purge in his inimitable style.

I love this guy.  I hope he doesn't pull a Glenn Greenwald and start working for Fox... 🤪

January 6th Wasn't A False Flag

Trae Crowder blasts the conspiracy theory that January 6th was a false flag.
 

Meh.

The Liberal Redneck guy has not seen the Tucker Carlson three-part series, nor appears to  understand the heavy federal asset infiltration of Muslim, or "right-wing" and other non-mainstream groups. 

At the Intercept, they say the whole Gov. Whitmer kidnap plot would have never happened but for the involvement of federal assets. That is worth pondering. 

Sure is funny how federal prosecutors have laid off of Stewart Rhodes, top guy at the Oathkeepers. But they threw Mr. Buffalo Horns in jail and left him there.  Some suspect Rhodes is a federal asset, as was the Afro-Cuban Enrique Tarrio of the Proud Boys. 

The only other person I can think of whose films and documentaries are bashed even before they are released  is Oliver Stone. 

The M$M 1.6 narrative is looking dubious. But then, what else is new? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Chris, do try the Bernard Crick biography of Orwell, which details his experiences at the far reaches of the Empire, and also his willing descent into poverty and obscurity to detail the oppression thereof in Down and Out in Paris and London and The Road to Wigan Pier.  Read those books, also.  My experience of Blair has been, if not the most complete, then a bit more than glancing.  He was no lightweight.

https://www.amazon.com/George-Orwell-Life-Bernard-Crick/dp/1999439503

Thanks, David. I've just seen that Christopher Hitchens has also written a book about him. I'll take a look after i've got through Vincent Bevins "The Jakarta Method" and Naomi Klein's "The Shock Doctrine", the next two on the Audible list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/authorities-arrest-steele-dossier-contributor-igor-danchenko/
 

 

Im sure the astute analysts on this thread went through this latest embarrassment to the corporate left thoroughly. 
 

If Russia gate could be trumped up, what does that say about Jan 6? The whistleblowers are numerous at this point. The corporate left continues to be obsessed with Trump while Brandon dismantles and segregates the country while handing it to the federal reserve and their corporate interests. Talk about freedom…

 

Anyone here know about FASAB 56 signed during the Trump years? That would be something to legitimately target if you are a leftist, but strangely there is silence from AOC to Pelosi to Warren. They are more concerned with cheering on censorship. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I can only shake my head about the credulity of Benjamin Cole and the Trumpsters here.  Critical thinking?  Huh?

First Trump advertised his Russia-gate cover up scenario as, "Obama-gate," then it was "Spy-gate," then he presented his carefully contrived, "Nunes Memo."  They were all debunked as nothing burgers.

The available evidence has clearly shown that the 2016 Trump campaign had extensive contacts with Kremlin officials, and that Putin meddled in our election to put Trump in the White House-- as Felix Sater foretold in 2015.  Paul Manafort repeatedly committed perjury during the Mueller investigation, but knew all along that Trump would pardon him if he stonewalled the investigation-- in a blatant case of witness tampering and obstruction of justice by a sitting President.

Next, Barr was appointed as AG in a dubious 53 Senate party-line vote, and promptly aborted the Mueller investigation, presenting a false summary of the results, while withholding the unredacted Report from Congress and tying it up in the courts-- to this day! 

Lastly, Barr appointed Durham to cook another Russia-gate Denial nothing burger for public consumption.

So, when do we finally get to read the Barr-aborted, heavily-redacted Mueller Report?

Similarly, Trump is now aggressively trying to block access to the records of his involvement in the January 6th coup attempt.

And I'm still waiting for Benjamin Cole to answer my old question about how an alleged Deep State "false flag" January 6th attack on Congress could have conceivably benefited anyone but Donald Trump.

Perhaps Ben could apply his critical thinking skills to answering that question.

Edited by W. Niederhut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, I can only shake my head about the credulity of Benjamin Cole and the Trumpsters here.  Critical thinking?  Huh?

First Trump advertised his Russia-gate cover up scenario as, "Obama-gate," then it was "Spy-gate," then he presented his carefully contrived, "Nunes Memo."  They were all debunked as nothing burgers.

The available evidence has clearly shown that the 2016 Trump campaign had extensive contacts with Kremlin officials, and that Putin meddled in our election to put Trump in the White House-- as Felix Sater foretold in 2015.  Paul Manafort repeatedly committed perjury during the Mueller investigation, but knew all along that Trump would pardon him if he stonewalled the investigation-- in a blatant case of witness tampering and obstruction of justice by a sitting President.

Next, Barr was appointed as AG in a dubious 53 Senate party-line vote, and promptly aborted the Mueller investigation, presenting a false summary of the results, while withholding the unredacted Report from Congress and tying it up in the courts-- to this day! 

Lastly, Barr appointed Durham to cook another Russia-gate Denial nothing burger for public consumption.

So, when do we finally get to read the Barr-aborted, heavily-redacted Mueller Report?

Similarly, Trump is now aggressively trying to block access to the records of his involvement in the January 6th coup attempt.

And I'm still waiting for Benjamin Cole to answer my old question about how an alleged Deep State "false flag" January 6th attack on Congress could have conceivably benefited anyone but Donald Trump.

Perhaps Ben could apply his critical thinking skills to answering that question.

You forgot one other aspect.

The creature of habit repeated his actions right after finishing his Jan 6th inciting a riot speech.

Someone more intelligent realized(easier prosecution) they couldn't have him leading the crowd on foot. So a final  deferral was issued.

This, along with the four educational and one medical(BS that Michael Cohen(personal attorney) exposed) for Vietnam War duty.

A full circle.

MHbA9V.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...