The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

51 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ron- there's a lot of scuttlebutt about the tours Boebert gave in the days prior to 1/6; that some of those people later participated in the coup. But that's all it is so far. The rumors about MTG are far more serious... and seem more than possible. If true, she will go to prison for quite a long time.

Ben- as I pointed out here before, Ray Epps can not be charged for what he said about people going to the Capitol; it would be a violation of his 1st Amendment rights.

I also pointed out the reason why he wasn't otherwise charged: the only people being charged are those that went *inside* the Capitol. Just charging those people alone has already been an enormous job for DOJ, due to the huge amounts of people that went inside.

And I pointed out that the FBI would not put one of their own employees on their "Most Wanted List."

And today Republican Congressman Kinzinger tweeted the same.

You do yourself no favors by spreading such obvious disinformation and propaganda here.

Statement from the 1/6 Committee today:

“The select committee has interviewed Mr. Epps. Mr. Epps informed us that he was not employed by, working with, or acting at the direction of any law enforcement agency on January 5th or 6th or at any other time, and that he has never been an informant for the FBI or any other law enforcement agency”

Bobert should be in jail in Colorado for local crimes for starters.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

51 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

You already know the standard answer for that is "we neither confirm or deny" or something similar.

But in Sanborn's case, why do you expect her to know. Sanborn, specifically? Why should *she* know?

Not surprisingly, the website of the infamous Fox Propaganda Network left out the most important part of the entire exchange, at the 5:57 mark:

Matt A-

The above clip strikes me as heavily edited. From Forbes magazine? 

13 hours ago, Richard Price said:

It is a minor error on your part, W., but Marjorie Taylor Greene is a Republican member from extreme (excuse the pun), north Georgia at the Tennessee state line.  Steve correctly referred to her in his post.  It's not that I want to claim her, (I'm from GA) but just to correct the facts.

My mistake, Richard.  Not sure why I thought Greene was from South Carolina.

I have always tended to think of South Carolina as an epicenter of anti-Federal, white supremacist culture-- going back to the days of John C. Calhoun and the 1830s "Nullification" movement, followed by the era of Wade Hampton and the attack on Fort Sumter.

I hope you guys have made your plans.

You're all going to jail, you know.

At least that's what the My pillow guy says.

He said on Wednesday, Jan 12 he wants to put 300 million people in jail for election fraud.

That's just about the entire population of the United States.

3 squares a day.. I can't wait.

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

3 squares a day.. I can't wait.

Steve, I have told people for over 30 years that I would be going to prison one day as a "dissident", but that I would come out a lawyer with all the free study/reading time.  At my now more advanced age and experience, I now no longer aspire to being a lawyer, but the 3 square a day is quite appealing and I have an even larger reading list.  See you there!

My take: Probably no American Civil War

I tend to read copy across the board, alt-L to M$M to alt-R, and then the stuff in-between such as Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi or Aaron Mate. I only read what anybody can read online, and do not belong to any groups where there is restricted access, etc. (Although, Ed Forum is an exception). So I may miss extremist types. 

That said, so why no Civil War (good news, btw). 

The websites thought of as "alt-r" are not clucking about it. They are not talking about social disintegration as a result of liberal policies, and subsequent inevitable violence, etc. The word "insurrection" is not used to glorify or dramatize 1/6 (in the old days, some liberal writers referred to "black insurrections"  to define urban disturbances, perhaps glorifying the events). 

So...the only people talking about Civil War, at least online, are "liberal" media, often the same outfits that have lately been identified as CIA-tools. 

Well, for me, this is good news, there appears to be little or no support for a Civil War anywhere on the political spectrum.  

The liberal-left media does talk a lot---and I mean a lot---about a pending Civil War. David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker, lives in Manhattan and has for decades. He writes about Civil War and white supremacists. But never says he met any, or embedded himself in a right-wing group for while. 

NPR finished a recent "Civil War" story with this admonition: "And however you personally regard the meaning of what happened on Jan. 6, 2021, we know now that nothing in American politics is unthinkable."

Really? Nothing in politics is unthinkable? 

Well...except that the national security state staged a coup in November 1963. Now that was clearly impossible. Just read The New Yorker. They tell you so. 

10 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Michael Moore tells it as it is:

How to Win Big This November - Michael Moore

So a petition to maybe just decriminalize marijuana and in turn a ballot proposal to do so theoretically could help Beto pull off a miracle in Tejas?  He almost beat Cruz, who is now a bit less popular I think.  He also now has name recognition and potentially bigger backing.  Might it push him over the edge?  I'm in.

Read the article. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

16 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

So a petition to maybe just decriminalize marijuana and in turn a ballot proposal to do so theoretically could help Beto pull off a miracle in Tejas?  He almost beat Cruz, who is now a bit less popular I think.  Might it push him over the edge?  I'm in. 

I'm still bewildered about the fact that voters in Texas chose a sleazeball like Ted Cruz over Beto O'Rourke in that last Senatorial election.  A tragedy for Texas and the country.

I'm guessing it had a lot to do with guns, religion, and cowboy libertarianism-- similar to our Western Slope Colorado cowboys voting to send Lauren Boebert to Congress, (with the obvious difference that Cruz is a clever Princetonian and Boebert is a high school drop out.)

But are Mexican American voters in Texas also laboring under the delusion that Ted Cruz represents their interests, because of his Hispanic surname?  I've never studied the demographics of that Texas election.

The only thing more bizarre than working class Hispanics thinking that Ted Cruz represents their interests is Ben Cole's oft-repeated conviction that Trump's January 6th "Stop the Steal" attack on Congress was a Deep State false flag. 

At least Ben is, allegedly, "keeping an open mind" about the evidence debunking his fixed belief.  🤥

8 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I'm still bewildered about the fact that voters in Texas chose a sleazeball like Ted Cruz over Beto O'Rourke in that last Senatorial election.  A tragedy for Texas and the country.

I'm guessing it had a lot to do with guns, religion, and cowboy libertarianism-- similar to our Western Slope Colorado cowboys voting to send Lauren Boebert to Congress, (with the obvious difference that Cruz is a clever Princetonian and Boebert is a high school drop out.)

But are Mexican American voters in Texas also laboring under the delusion that Ted Cruz represents their interests, because of his Hispanic surname?  I've never studied the demographics of that Texas election.

The only thing more bizarre than working class Hispanics thinking that Ted Cruz represents their interests is Ben Cole's oft-repeated conviction that Trump's January 6th "Stop the Steal" attack on Congress was a Deep State false flag. 

At least Ben is, allegedly, "keeping an open mind" about the evidence debunking his fixed belief.  🤥

W,--

Did I hear my name?

Yes, I am keeping an open mind regarding the 1/6 story. 

As for "debunking"...well, the Wuhan lab leak theory was "debunked" in liberal media circles. 

That is what happens when partisan emotions trump science and independent thinking. Happens both ways, of course, red v. blue. 

What is your take: Is an American Civil War pending? 

53 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Working class Hispanics is a key for Tejas.  A Bush married a Hispanic.  Their offspring has influenced many.  Though he's not working on behalf of the working class. Sorry to be so blunt.  I've gotten along well with virtually all the Mexican Americans I've known over the years, socially and working together.  Cruz is a name they identify with, though I wonder if they understand his policies. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

Truthfully Ben, to be honest, the "Civil War" began with the Capitol Attack on 1/6.

There are smatterings of terrorist activities by MAGAs and RW extremists happening around the country right now, and attempts to push back by Anti-Fascist groups.

In a country this size and one so violent in general,  it will likely simply be viewed as a bump in crime statistics.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

W,--

Did I hear my name?

Yes, I am keeping an open mind regarding the 1/6 story. 

As for "debunking"...well, the Wuhan lab leak theory was "debunked" in liberal media circles. 

That is what happens when partisan emotions trump science and independent thinking. Happens both ways, of course, red v. blue. 

What is your take: Is an American Civil War pending? 

Ben,

Right wing hate crimes and domestic terrorist acts have been increasing in the U.S. ever since Trump's Republican primary campaign back in 2016-- especially after Trump increased his popularity in the primaries by making slurs against Mexicans.

January 6th won't be the last incident of domestic violence by the Trump cult.

Trump deliberately hitched his political wagon to the white supremacist MAGA element in 2016 to promote himself and, in the process, he became a bona fide "stochastic terrorist"-- i.e., a demagogue who incites violence against targeted minority groups and the political opposition.

Do you remember Trump's MAGA Bomber, Cesar Sayoc?

How about the murders of the newspaper journalists in Baltimore?

Mexicans have been another prominent Trump target, and the El Paso Walmart massacre was directly provoked by Trump and his Fox News associates rabble rousing and fear mongering about the Southern Border.

Obviously, blacks have been another major Trump target, (going back to his Central Park Five travesty.)  He aggressively attacked the BLM protesters in the NFL, and he told Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, and other NFL owners, that they needed to suppress the Black Lives Matter protests, because "it lifts me."

Trump attacked Michigan Governor Whitmer about masks mandates, prompting an armed occupation of the state house by right wing Trumpsters.

He has incited death threats against Dr. Anthony Fauci and his family, and against election workers throughout the U.S.

As for Civil War, I suppose it's possible-- especially if Trump and his deranged fascist movement isn't stopped.

The man is a sociopathic demagogue who belongs in prison.

Edited by W. Niederhut