The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Apropos of Mitch McConnell's latest nonsense about his use of the filibuster to sabotage the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, in the interest of bipartisanship.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

It seems the arm pain could be dependent upon the person giving the shot. My arm hurt like hell after shot 2, but was pain-free after the booster, which I got at a different pharmacy.

Matt,

That"s true. With my second shot, she didn't go straight in. She went in sideways and hit my rotor cuff.

Hurt like hell for a couple of weeks.

My wife's procedure went smooth as silk

I decoded the nurse hates men.

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

I've chosen the Guardian as their content often has a bias that agrees with a lot of the audience in this thread. Canadian journalist, Stephen Marche has written an article that discusses a recent topic in this thread, one some of us have been misquoted or misinterpreted on. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/04/next-us-civil-war-already-here-we-refuse-to-see-it

I wonder what people's thoughts are on this? (if any)

Another article from the same outlet in quick succession, different author.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/09/is-the-us-really-heading-for-a-second-civil-war

What are your conclusions? 

Do you consider Marche's article as accurate, or definitive? Is there anything you disagree with? If you were to play devil's advocate, is there any other way you could see the situation? 

Create two countries (US Blue/US Red). We are already there. Avoid the bloodshed of a worthless civil war.

OB is a local community I live fairly close to.

Whole-heartedly agree with Judge Friedrich(red box inset).

Whole-heartedly disagree with the Babbitt article.

Babbitt.png

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

It seems the arm pain could be dependent upon the person giving the shot. My arm hurt like hell after shot 2, but was pain-free after the booster, which I got at a different pharmacy.

Hate to say this but today I feel like I have been run over by a truck!

Like a really powerful pain all over body flu.

Constant chills like I haven't had in years. Even with our house heat up high. Sinus and forehead pain. Face skin feels hot. Runny nose that won't stop. Spontaneous coughing. When I pee it kind of hurts? What's that?

Really didn't expect this powerful of a reaction to this booster.

First two Pfizer shots made me feel somewhat sick but nothing like these multiple symptoms.

What the heck? It feels like this booster shot GAVE ME THE VIRUS!

Can't even get off my cot in the garden shed.

Just have to bear through I guess. Geeminy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

12 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Abraham Lincoln Debated Candidate Frederick Douglass, in GOP History Bill

And how I wish I'd been there...

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/jan/14/republicans-ridiculed-debate-abraham-lincoln-frederick-douglass-virginia-schools

And, stranger still, Donald Trump thought that Frederick Douglass was still alive... 🤥

Talk about people who could really benefit from some exposure to "critical race theory."

3 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

And, stranger still, Donald Trump thought that Frederick Douglass was still alive... 🤥

Talk about people who could really benefit from some exposure to "critical race theory."

Fred told Abe right out that slavery was wack, and lost the election.  Lincoln squeaked in as a "moderate."

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Joe- that's sounds like me after my 2nd shot; I was laid up for almost 48 hrs.

And then like a light switch, I was fine. My immune system had done its calculations and decided everything was cool.

Hang in there, dude :)

Thanks for the thoughtful and encouraging words Matt.

57 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Fred told Abe right out that slavery was wack, and lost the election.  Lincoln squeaked in as a "moderate."

But, apparently, in the Lincoln-Douglass debates, Abe was opposed to the extension of slavery into the Western states and territories, and Frederick Douglass thought the issue should be decided by local state legislatures. 🤥

Thank God for the Trump GOP's well-informed Project 1776.

Edited by W. Niederhut

3 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

It's not the source per say, but more importantly, the documentation.

For instance:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fake-electoral-documents-under-new-scrutiny-as-trump-prepares-for-arizona-visit-180154595.html

I looked for this information on Fox's home page (supposedly Trump has a rally in Arizona scheduled for tomorrow) but did not find it, at least today.

I thought I'd read this was up to seven states now but then couldn't find it again.  Thanks for posting this.  I did read where the Michigan AG was turning it over to a Federal judge.  She also mentioned that the people behind it could face up to twenty years in prison.

Then there is this.  This guy spent several thousand dollars on weapons and accessories leading up to J-6 and inauguration day.  Had not read the depth here about him.

Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes Arrested over Jan. 6 Plot - Rolling Stone

20 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

I've chosen the Guardian as their content often has a bias that agrees with a lot of the audience in this thread. Canadian journalist, Stephen Marche has written an article that discusses a recent topic in this thread, one some of us have been misquoted or misinterpreted on. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/04/next-us-civil-war-already-here-we-refuse-to-see-it

I wonder what people's thoughts are on this? (if any)

Another article from the same outlet in quick succession, different author.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/09/is-the-us-really-heading-for-a-second-civil-war

What are your conclusions? 

Do you consider Marche's article as accurate, or definitive? Is there anything you disagree with? If you were to play devil's advocate, is there any other way you could see the situation? 

Read them, tried to reread them but the Guardian wants me to register, and their link expired. I’m so tIred of this kind of thing. Anyway, I agree with him, and from what I recall I didn’t have any objections. Your question as to whether I could see the situation differently, not from my bias, reminds me of a critique I heard years ago that NPR always has a pro and con debate, and would still do so if they were talking about cannibalism. Now, could I add something to the article - probably. Sometimes things are true or false. There was a Holocaust during WW 2, despite the deniers claims. Bias isn’t always indicative of a blind spot. Don’t you allow yourself to hold an opinion? Sure, one should be able to adjust based on facts. Maybe we need to come up with another word or phrase. I have no trouble making value judgements, and have been known to change my mind on something. Right now I’m kind of at odds with my liberal Democrat friends on Covid policy. 
btw, you know what Off-Guardian is? I have hard left friends who won’t read the Guardian, think it’s centrist propaganda. I think it’s a fairly reliable source of news and opinions. How about you? 

24 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I thought I'd read this was up to seven states now but then couldn't find it again.  Thanks for posting this.  I did read where the Michigan AG was turning it over to a Federal judge.  She also mentioned that the people behind it could face up to twenty years in prison.

Then there is this.  This guy spent several thousand dollars on weapons and accessories leading up to J-6 and inauguration day.  Had not read the depth here about him.

Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes Arrested over Jan. 6 Plot - Rolling Stone

Given all of the ballyhooed GOP concerns during the past few years about alleged voter fraud, I'll bet Fox News and the Republican media pundits (Breitbart, Newsmax, Sinclair, OAN, et.al.) are outraged by reports of these forged GOP electoral documents... 🤥

I'm guessing that they are also providing their viewers with extensive coverage of the shocking sedition charges against Stewart Rhodes and the Oath Keepers, which further debunk their oft-repeated claims that January 6th was a Deep State false flag.

But, I might be mistaken.

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Joe- that's sounds like me after my 2nd shot; I was laid up for almost 48 hrs.

And then like a light switch, I was fine. My immune system had done its calculations and decided everything was cool.

Hang in there, dude :)

Heads up to anyone--

If you have stomach upset about now, you may have been exposed to omicron.

For whatever reason, people who get omicron may not have the usual symptoms, but can have something that feels like food poisoning or stomach flu. 

Moreover, omicron can do an end-around on vaccinations, so being vaccinated is not a defense. 

In my village, most everyone now has stomach problems, and one tested positive for omicron. Most were double-shotted, but not boosted, like me. 

The bad stomach will last about 10 days, based on my case and that of neighbors. No one died, and most were moderately active through the ordeal. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/health/how-omicron-can-affect-your-gut-symptoms-to-watch-out-for-101641962757294.html

Good luck everyone. Regardless of your ideological slants and political affiliations, I do not wish stomach ills on anyone. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Abraham Lincoln Debated Candidate Frederick Douglass, in GOP History Bill

And how I wish I'd been there...

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/jan/14/republicans-ridiculed-debate-abraham-lincoln-frederick-douglass-virginia-schools

Hey, this hit the M$M on MSN.  Probably buried in a few minutes, surely in the next hour or two.  But funny to see them ridiculed for ineptness, while the subject is serious.

A Virginia bill to regulate what students can learn about history includes a historical error about Abraham Lincoln (msn.com)