The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxUFZH_KEk

Interesting perspectives on the 1/6 event. 

The 1/6 "pipe bombs" were placed, and discovered, and resulted in the Capitol being evacuated...but about one hour before the breach of the Capitol perimeter. No one knows who placed the pipe bombs, which we are told were "viable," whatever that means.  Not triggered?  The "pipe bombs" resulted in the Capitol being conveniently emptied of most Congresspeople. 

(AOC had a Brian Williams-MSNBC-Iraq helicopter moment with rioters, btw.)

Rays Epps still not charged with anything, despite being a President of the AZ chapter of Oathkeepers, and on the ground that day advocating a breach of Capitol (he was copiously video'd). Other Oathkeepers are being charged with sedition, who were not even in DC that day. 

And, of course, Mr. Buffalo Horns was clapped into irons and will get out of prison in a few years. 

And for some reason, Capitol security on 1/6 was extraordinarily weak and thin. Of all days. 

This thing gets fishier and fishier, and I smell a rat. 

Remember, a person can be skeptical of the national security state, including on 1/6, regardless of political persuasions....of which I have none left. 

DC is just a vulgar gong show, with rivers of lucre drowning everyone....

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

This article, essentially, blows the bogus Tucker Carlson/Glenn Greenwald "patriot purge" narrative about January 6th out of the water.  I'm surprised this analysis hasn't received more media attention.

It places the cozy relationship between Trump's 1/6 Capitol attackers and the FBI in the historical context of the Trump administration's well known shift of focus away from the threat of white, right wing domestic terrorism in the U.S., beginning in 2017-- to eventually focus instead on Black Lives Matter and "Antifa" protesters.

I'm sure we all remember Trump's massive deployment of National Guard troops in D.C. during the largely peaceful George Floyd protests-- a dramatic contrast to January 6th.

FBI Director Christopher Wray told a House committee in June that his agency was unable to monitor extremist social media accounts without 'proper predication,' a claim that is contrary to the FBI's published guidelines.

January 15, 2022

Excerpt

The apotheosis of the Trump administration’s skewed priorities was the effort in the summer of 2020 by Homeland Security (DHS) officials to attempt to dig up evidence of terrorist planning activities by “antifa” during anti-police protests in Portland, Oregon, and elsewhere. Indeed, a later review showed that senior DHS leadership pushed unfounded conspiracy theories about antifascists, encouraged the contractors they hired to violate protesters’ constitutional rights, and made spurious connections, based on no real evidence, between protesters who engaged in criminal activity.

The same tendencies were part of the FBI’s cozy relationships with a number of the major conspirators in the Jan. 6, connections that may have encouraged the groups’ apparent sense of impunity in besieging the Capitol that day. This is acutely true of the Proud Boys, who up until they were arrested had believed that both federal and local law enforcement authorities were on their side.

The FBI maintained an informant relationship with at least four key Proud Boys before the insurrection, including the group’s chairman, Enrique Tarrio—but the information the FBI sought from them was not inside data on the group, but rather sharing the intelligence on their leftist opponents, particularly antifascists and Black Lives Matter, that the Proud Boys assiduously collected. Proud Boys board member Joe Biggs, currently awaiting trial in the group’s Jan. 6 conspiracy case, was also an FBI “antifa” informant, and enjoyed a similarly cozy relationship with Oregon cops.

The Oath Keepers likewise were extremely close to a number of law enforcement officials on Jan. 6. The “Patriot” group—which emphasizes recruitment of military and law-enforcement veterans—has a long history of aspiring to act as semi-official security forces at Trump events dating back to at least 2019. Founder Stewart Rhodes has frequently envisioned his paramilitary organization as a complement to law enforcement, “a pool of people that can be utilized by the governor, by the sheriff, or by the president of the United States.” And Oath Keepers provided personal security for former Trump adviser Roger Stone on the day of the Capitol siege, while one of the multiple Oath Keepers indicted for his actions that day, Thomas Caldwell, is a former FBI agent who had top-secret security clearance.

The cozy relationship that far-right groups enjoyed with law enforcement generally, in fact, has played a key role in their continual emboldenment over the past five years, constantly ratcheting up their violence and threatening rhetoric, culminating in the events of Jan. 6. On that day, many of them directed their fury at police officers, believing they were being betrayed by forces they had assumed were on their side.

Contrary to the fevered hallucinations of critics like Tucker Carlson and Glenn Greenwald—who have claimed that these relationships are evidence that the Jan. 6 insurrectionists were being manipulated into criminal actions by an FBI intent on persecuting white Trump voters—the evidence regarding federal law enforcement’s ties to extremists instead clearly indicate a serious problem with these agencies failing to adequately prioritize them as a threat and instead to treat them as allies, with kid gloves.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:59 AM, Paul Bacon said:

Joe,

I got the booster (moderna) at the begining of December.  Four days later I started feeling poorly and I left work--that was a Friday.  Over the weekend I looked for a Covid test because I began to have suspicions--none were available.  Monday I noticed I didn't have the sense of taste or smell, so I called my doctor and was immediately scheduled for a PCR test at the local hospital.  Four hours later, I was told that I was positive for Covid.  I ended up thinking I may have contracted it when I went for my booster--how ironic!!

So, yes, it's quite possible that you've contracted Covid.  Do get a test!  Your symptoms sound like the disease and not a side effect.

Yep. That's a likely place to get it, unfortunately. People take it with them to get the vaccine and it's likely spreading to the people who give them too. The wife is seeing it happen in her clinic. People got sloppy and quit wearing masks and sanitizing and she thinks the spread is largely due to it's more infectious properties remaining suspended in the air from just breathing. We doubled down and bought and wear goggles in public.

FYI under no circumstances ever pick up a magazine to read in a doctor's or dentist's office. Bowling balls are another haha! The worst according to some study done years ago.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

This article, essentially, blows the bogus Tucker Carlson/Glenn Greenwald "patriot purge" narrative about January 6th out of the water.  I'm surprised this analysis hasn't received more media attention.

It places the cozy relationship between Trump's 1/6 Capitol attackers and the FBI in the historical context of the Trump administration's well known shift of focus away from the threat of white, right wing domestic terrorism in the U.S., beginning in 2017-- to eventually focus instead on Black Lives Matter and "Antifa" protesters.

I'm sure we all remember Trump's massive deployment of National Guard troops in D.C. during the largely peaceful George Floyd protests-- a dramatic contrast to January 6th.

FBI Director Christopher Wray told a House committee in June that his agency was unable to monitor extremist social media accounts without 'proper predication,' a claim that is contrary to the FBI's published guidelines.

January 15, 2022

Excerpt

The apotheosis of the Trump administration’s skewed priorities was the effort in the summer of 2020 by Homeland Security (DHS) officials to attempt to dig up evidence of terrorist planning activities by “antifa” during anti-police protests in Portland, Oregon, and elsewhere. Indeed, a later review showed that senior DHS leadership pushed unfounded conspiracy theories about antifascists, encouraged the contractors they hired to violate protesters’ constitutional rights, and made spurious connections, based on no real evidence, between protesters who engaged in criminal activity.

The same tendencies were part of the FBI’s cozy relationships with a number of the major conspirators in the Jan. 6, connections that may have encouraged the groups’ apparent sense of impunity in besieging the Capitol that day. This is acutely true of the Proud Boys, who up until they were arrested had believed that both federal and local law enforcement authorities were on their side.

The FBI maintained an informant relationship with at least four key Proud Boys before the insurrection, including the group’s chairman, Enrique Tarrio—but the information the FBI sought from them was not inside data on the group, but rather sharing the intelligence on their leftist opponents, particularly antifascists and Black Lives Matter, that the Proud Boys assiduously collected. Proud Boys board member Joe Biggs, currently awaiting trial in the group’s Jan. 6 conspiracy case, was also an FBI “antifa” informant, and enjoyed a similarly cozy relationship with Oregon cops.

The Oath Keepers likewise were extremely close to a number of law enforcement officials on Jan. 6. The “Patriot” group—which emphasizes recruitment of military and law-enforcement veterans—has a long history of aspiring to act as semi-official security forces at Trump events dating back to at least 2019. Founder Stewart Rhodes has frequently envisioned his paramilitary organization as a complement to law enforcement, “a pool of people that can be utilized by the governor, by the sheriff, or by the president of the United States.” And Oath Keepers provided personal security for former Trump adviser Roger Stone on the day of the Capitol siege, while one of the multiple Oath Keepers indicted for his actions that day, Thomas Caldwell, is a former FBI agent who had top-secret security clearance.

The cozy relationship that far-right groups enjoyed with law enforcement generally, in fact, has played a key role in their continual emboldenment over the past five years, constantly ratcheting up their violence and threatening rhetoric, culminating in the events of Jan. 6. On that day, many of them directed their fury at police officers, believing they were being betrayed by forces they had assumed were on their side.

Contrary to the fevered hallucinations of critics like Tucker Carlson and Glenn Greenwald—who have claimed that these relationships are evidence that the Jan. 6 insurrectionists were being manipulated into criminal actions by an FBI intent on persecuting white Trump voters—the evidence regarding federal law enforcement’s ties to extremists instead clearly indicate a serious problem with these agencies failing to adequately prioritize them as a threat and instead to treat them as allies, with kid gloves.

But how does the above explain the Biden Department of Justice's non-prosecution of Ray Epps? 

Or the effective "stand down" of the Capitol Police (run by the legislative branch, not the executive) on 1/6? 

Or the Biden DOJ's ferocious prosecution of Mr. Buffalo Horns? 

1 minute ago, Bob Ness said:

Yep. That's a likely place to get it, unfortunately. People take it with them to get the vaccine and it's likely spreading to the people who give them too. The wife is seeing it happen in her clinic. People got sloppy and quit wearing masks and sanitizing and she thinks the spread is largely due to it's more infectious properties remaining suspended in the air from just breathing. We doubled down and bought and wear goggles in public.

FYI under no circumstances ever pick up a magazine to read in a doctor's or dentist's office. Bowling balls are another haha! The worst according to some study done years ago.

Well, I would prefer to wear beer goggles. You see more interesting stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, I would prefer to wear beer goggles. You see more interesting stuff. 

Pfft. I'm sure you have the talent to do both. Try keep up here !!!

I've been away. Glad you made it through CV! Bummer for sure.

Edited by Bob Ness

Goggles. I've got goggles. Gonna start using them. A family relic while I was growing up was a WWII gas mask with tube but no respirator. Wish I had that now. Someone miracled me some disposable N95 masks. Hell to get on. So, that's good. Early in 2020 I took to wearing gloves in public. Wore them for months. Then it was weird not to wear them.

SUPPLEMENTAL VERIFIED PETITION 01/18/2022

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/supplemental-verified-petition-2022-01-18.pdf

SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
COUNTY OF NEW YORK
PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW
YORK, by LETITIA JAMES,
Attorney General of the State of New York,
Petitioner,
-against-
THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION, INC.;
DJT HOLDINGS LLC; DJT
HOLDINGS MANAGING MEMBER
LLC; SEVEN SPRINGS LLC; ERIC
TRUMP; CHARLES MARTABANO;
MORGAN, LEWIS & BOCKIUS, LLP;
SHERI DILLON; MAZARS USA LLC;
DONALD J. TRUMP; DONALD
TRUMP, JR.; and IVANKA TRUMP,
Respondents.

Shows how Trump inflated his net worth for insurance and loan purposes, and deflated his worth for tax purposes.

For example page 29:

4. Trump National Golf Club – Westchester

101. In the 2011 supporting data document the property was valued at $68,703,300.
Ex. 320 at G300. That valuation was broken down into multiple components. First was the value of the initiation fee for 67 unsold memberships totaling $12,775,000. Although the supporting data spreadsheet states that the club was currently “getting $150,000” per membership, the Trump Organization derived $12,775,000 in value by computing a value with 47 of the 67 unsold memberships priced higher than that amount, in many instances by $100,000 each.

102. According to TTO membership records, even the representation that the club was getting $150,000 per membership” in June 2011 was false: Records indicate that many members paid no deposit for their memberships in 2011. Ex. 370.

103. In March 2012, the club sought to increase membership through a strategy that has been discussed several times with Mr. Trump and will be implemented per his instructions.”

104. According to TTO membership records no new members paid an initiation fee in 2012. Ex. 370.

Steve Thomas

Fact Checker
Analysis

How Trump supporter Ray Epps became entangled in a Trump-touted conspiracy theory

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/19/how-trump-supporter-ray-epps-became-entangled-trump-touted-conspiracy-theory/

by Glenn Kessler

January 19, 2022

Right on W. To Ben, Epps is his star witness against the government deep state. To us he's had his 15 minutes of fame, and it's inconceivable that such a character like that could have started the 1/6 Capitol break in anyway.

I remember a year ago last summer, during  a general covid lock down. There was a baseball game where they honored the health care workers, who were the only fans at the game. It brought tears to my eyes to see these people finally get honored for all the overtime work they had done earlier, during the first covid breakout in the Spring of 2020.

Over the last 2 years. I'm reminded how in the right wing media, and Fox News,  there's never any inkling , at least that I ever saw, of a tribute to the brave souls who've provided care  to the victims of the covid pandemic, endlessly risking infection and getting covid themselves. It was ignored because it could be acknowledging that there was actually a problem at all. And now care givers have to deal selflessly  with unvaccinated people who could be taking away beds and other precious resources from victims of automobile accidents, people needing various emergency surgeries and care, young people who might have their appendix burst and even elective surgeries.

These are essential people who are being treated as expendable people, which can only reflect a greater attitude towards the rights of the lesser powerful as well. No matter what anyone's politics, in a climate where there's always media criticism that there aren't enough good feeling, inspiring stories in the dark times of a pandemic. These people should have gotten a lot more air time for their heroics among right wing media than they did, and still do.JMO

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Right on W. To Ben, Epps is his star witness against the government deep state. To us he's had his 15 minutes of fame, and it's inconceivable that such a character like that could have started the 1/6 Capitol break in anyway.

I remember a year ago last summer, during  a general covid lock down. There was a baseball game where they honored the health care workers, who were the only fans at the game. It brought tears to my eyes to see these people finally get honored for all the overtime work they had done earlier, during the first covid breakout in the Spring of 2020.

Over the last 2 years. I'm reminded how in the right wing media, and Fox News,  there's never any inkling , at least that I ever saw, of a tribute to the brave souls who've provided care  to the victims of the covid pandemic, endlessly risking infection and getting covid themselves. It was ignored because it could be acknowledging that there was actually a problem at all. And now care givers have to deal selflessly  with unvaccinated people who could be taking away beds and other precious resources from victims of automobile accidents, people needing various emergency surgeries and care, young people who might have their appendix burst and even elective surgeries.

These are essential people who are being treated as expendable people, which can only reflect a greater attitude towards the rights of the lesser powerful as well. No matter what anyone's politics, in a climate where there's always media criticism that there aren't enough good feeling, inspiring stories in the dark times of a pandemic. These people should have gotten a lot more air time for their heroics among right wing media than they did, and still do.JMO

Here ya go:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6276905063001#sp=show-clips

https://www.foxnews.com/us/how-america-is-honoring-coronavirus-frontline-workers

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-paints-us-flag-field-honor-coronavirus-health-workers

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6148883218001#sp=show-clips

https://www.foxnews.com/us/paper-projects-help-veterans-and-healthcare-workers

And finally, Fox News apparently even has a web page devoted to good news:

https://www.foxnews.com/category/good-news

It's not that it doesn't exist, Kirk, it is that you have not looked.

Can't make this stuff up, folks... 🤥

Colorado Republicans vote to thank January 6th crowd, support Tina Peters and question Joe Biden’s election

Colorado Republicans vote to thank Jan. 6 crowd, support Tina Peters and question Joe Biden's election (denverpost.com)

January 18, 2022

Two-thirds of Colorado House GOP members voted Tuesday in favor of formally thanking state Rep. Ron Hanks and those who joined him at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th.

A majority of House Republicans also voted to “call into question” whether Joe Biden was legitimately elected; to urge the decertification of 2020 election results in an effort to reinstall former President Donald Trump; to support embattled Mesa County Clerk and Recorder Tina Peters, an ally of election deniers who is under investigation for allegedly allowing a security breach in her elections division; and to commit to ensuring dead people are removed from voter rolls — something for which there is already a process in Colorado.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Don't forget, all those Republicans are fully aware there was no fraud, and that it was the cleanest election in history.

But pretending otherwise has been an excellent way to fund raise off of rubes, and gain some media attention.

Nothing but political theater by those that only care about power, rather than the reputation of the United States.

When you elect horrible people like this, your quality of life gets worse. Ain't hard to figure out.

1 hour ago, Ty Carpenter said:

Well Ty, i appreciate you showing me exceptions and you would know better, but I have watched a bit of Fox.

And honestly I'm not that impressed. You could have seen much better coverage Ty. The best by far is the first one. It's the only one I've seen that has direct interviews with health care workers,but only briefly..  I'm glad they dedicated a program, but why did it take a year and a half,? until Oct. 2021?

Your second and third links are about veterans who are doing their symbolic bits to honor HCW, but can we agree that drawing a symbolic American flag really isn't any help to the  HCW at all?  Does a symbolic flying of a fleet really help the HCW? 

Front-line workers honored with 'combat paper' art made from scrubs, military uniforms

Ok, I don't understand the full story, but what really is this? It's nice, but who are the real heroes here?

I don't see one live story of Doctors or nurses in scrubs recounting the stress of deciding who gets a bed or a ventilator. Or accounting the everyday stress at the worse levels of the pandemic. One thing that's curious about these links is that they aren't putting a face on who these these health care workers are, their lives,their families the trials they've been through. Most of these stories are about third  parties and veterans and the sacrifices they're making to honor them as a group, what?!!! You almost think if there wasn't grateful vets, they wouldn't have any coverage at all!  The last is sort of a  PSA  on site which they all do.  .

Honestly Ty, i come out of these links and I'm amazed at the lengths they are going to to depersonalize who the real heroes were. I think their coverage sucks!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway