The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Putin orders nuclear deterrent forces on alert

https://www.axios.com/putin-nuclear-forces-9d1a2823-9512-4ab3-89f2-118ee37e0970.html

“Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a televised statement on Sunday that he was ordering Russia's nuclear deterrent forces on alert, as he continues his unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

Driving the news: Speaking alongside his defense minister and military chief of staff, Putin said recent sanctions and "aggressive statements" from NATO countries had led him to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a “special regime of combat duty."

This is the second time Putin has alluded to Russia's nuclear arsenal while effectively warning the West to back off.

• In a statement at the onset of the invasion, Putin said anyone who tried to "hinder us" would face "such consequences that you have never encountered in your history."” 

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

17 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Putin orders nuclear deterrent forces on alert

https://www.axios.com/putin-nuclear-forces-9d1a2823-9512-4ab3-89f2-118ee37e0970.html

“Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a televised statement on Sunday that he was ordering Russia's nuclear deterrent forces on alert, as he continues his unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

Driving the news: Speaking alongside his defense minister and military chief of staff, Putin said recent sanctions and "aggressive statements" from NATO countries had led him to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a “special regime of combat duty."

This is the second time Putin has alluded to Russia's nuclear arsenal while effectively warning the West to back off.

• In a statement at the onset of the invasion, Putin said anyone who tried to "hinder us" would face "such consequences that you have never encountered in your history."” 

Steve Thomas

I can't wait for the Putin fan boys to come along and tell us it's all good. "No big deal, he's just concerned about NATO. It's perfectly rational to escalate to nuclear threats." 

Dude needs to be wiped immediately. If he is left to continue, it is going to lead to the deaths of a lot of innocents around the globe. 

Russia Condemned for Alleged Use of Cluster Bombs in Ukraine

There must be "an immediate halt to use of the internationally banned weapon," said the International Campaign to Ban Landmines and Cluster Munition Coalition.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:03 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Today, people in the West are finally seeing Putin for who he really is-- an old KGB apparatchik who was trained at the Yuri Andropov Red Banner Institute.  Remember Andropov?

I figured this out back in 2007, when Putin and the FSB seized the ROCOR and started sending ordained FSB Orthodox "priests" into confiscated churches in Western Europe, North America, and Australia.  The U.S. M$M never picked up on the ROCOR/MP story.

It was the same playbook that the NKVD used inside of Russia after 1917.

I wrote an Amazon review of former KGB Col. Konstantin Preobrazhensky's 2009 book on this subject in 2010, using the pen name, Dr. Ambrosius Aurelius.

(Just realized that my old paperback of Preobrazhensky's book is selling for $199!)

https://www.amazon.com/KGB-FSBs-New-Trojan-Horse/dp/0615249086

Yuri Andropov - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Interesting analysis of Putin published in The Guardian today by the Russian writer Vladimir Sorokin.

Oliver Stone interviewed the Mask of Putin, the "enlightened autocrat," which has now been removed.

Sorokin confirms my impression of Putin after I witnessed the Act of Canonical Communion in 2007 (above) but he adds a lot of historical details about Putin's transformation during the past 20 years.

The underlying theme of Sorokin's analysis echoes Lord Acton's famous dictum that, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Vladimir Putin sits atop a crumbling pyramid of power | Vladimir Sorokin | The Guardian

22 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

They would not be content unless Russia was decimated and sold off piece by piece like a salvage sale.  Which is what happened under the drunken fool Yeltsin. And that gentlemen is how we got Putin. 

Vladimir Putin is an example of someone in power far too long. He has evolved from a thug into a really really bad guy. I would like to see the Ukrainians humiliate him. How could this happen to Putin?...If his own people would rise up and depose him.

7 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I will say that no other country in East Europe has the anti Semitic record and the has as many persecutions of the Roma that Ukraine does.

So they overwhelmingly elected a Jew as their President!

Keep spouting the old Putin pablum Jim.

Jim said: Those nutty neo Nazis we backed in Ukraine are about to light tinder to a conflagration they will lose in spades.(roughly 2017)

Nothing but antiquated enemies, completely deaf to present reality.

In debating  Jim's often has used a diversionary tactic  called a gish  gallop. He's throwing everything out there but the kitchen sink of everything he's ever read, whether it has any relevance to present day reality or not.

The question is always why now? There was no increased threat that Ukraine was joining Nato. What I always get from ideologues like Jim and Jeff is that the reality of everyday people, in this case the Ukrainians, are just pawns in their greater geopolitical game. Their fates are secondary to their desires to just be right.

Matt: That was on the day before the invasion started.

I think the train left the station by then. Don't you?

What happened for the previous 8 years?

Edited by James DiEugenio

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I think the reason was that the USA did not push Ukraine into settling at Minsk.

I want to make sure I have this straight. It is the US's fault that Putin invaded because the Ukraine "not fascist" leadership didn't want to cede Ukrainian land in Crimea and the East to Russian occupying forces.

Or are those fake Ukrainians actually NASI Ukrainians pretending to be Russian forces pretending to be Ustachi Ukrainains posing as Russian GRU wearing make-up to look like Azvov militia members who claim to be Russian mercenaries?

That is so far off the beam I'm speechless. Ukraine is NOT run by fascists and has the right to self-determination as do NATO countries in part or whole regardless of President for Life Putin's (actual fascist) machinations, real or imagined.

Russia has either broken or put forth unacceptable terms in both Minsk agreements and yet Ukraine has not invaded or attacked Russia. The disputed regions fall within the borders of Ukraine which was recognized by Russia in 1991.

Listen to this from about the 6:12 mark to about the 38 minute mark.  This is what happened from 1985 forward, the USA simply broke its promise.  Then they tried to say there was no promise.  But this was a lie that was exposed in declassification.

That lie was so remarkable that it even got the American lackey Yeltsin angry. You know, the guy Clinton helped get re-elected by any means necessary, including interfering in the Russian election.  This is why both Gorby and Yeltsin are looked upon in scorn today, they are perceived as selling out Russia.  And there is a lot of truth to that.  

One of the gems in this is that the USSR did not collapse. Three men decided to leave it and Gorbachev did not fight the decision.  Just like he allowed the Baltics to leave. While he was going along with the neocon plan, what happened: Yugoslavia, the NATO bombing, not sanctioned by the UN, and the invasion of Afghanistan.  This was after Putin offered to help with 9-11.

Please spare me the stuff about how Ukraine is really  a haven for democracy and civil rights.  Baloney.

https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/neo-nazis-far-right-ukraine/

In 2014, they rehabilitated Bandera.

53 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

I want to make sure I have this straight. It is the US's fault that Putin invaded because the Ukraine "not fascist" leadership didn't want to cede Ukrainian land in Crimea and the East to Russian occupying forces.

Or are those fake Ukrainians actually NASI Ukrainians pretending to be Russian forces pretending to be Ustachi Ukrainains posing as Russian GRU wearing make-up to look like Azvov militia members who claim to be Russian mercenaries?

That is so far off the beam I'm speechless. Ukraine is NOT run by fascists and has the right to self-determination as do NATO countries in part or whole regardless of President for Life Putin's (actual fascist) machinations, real or imagined.

Russia has either broken or put forth unacceptable terms in both Minsk agreements and yet Ukraine has not invaded or attacked Russia. The disputed regions fall within the borders of Ukraine which was recognized by Russia in 1991.

You’re just kind of flailing on this topic because you continue to deny the three most pertinent facts or events pertinent to clear understanding of what is going on:

1) NATO’s repudiation of its promises not to expand eastward

2) the February 2014 putsch or coup in Ukraine illegally removing the democratically elected government

3) the outsized influence of far-right (aka neo-poopoo) factions in Ukraine since the coup

All of the above is well-documented and understood. Jim is sharing background, I have shared background - none of the most partisan voices on this thread appear to have spent even a few minutes trying to grasp this info, even if to try and dispute. Instead, they link to vastly-oversimplified mainstream sources and pontificate superficial and ill-informed opinion.

38 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

You’re just kind of flailing on this topic because you continue to deny the three most pertinent facts or events pertinent to clear understanding of what is going on:

2) the February 2014 putsch or coup in Ukraine illegally removing the democratically elected government

3) the outsized influence of far-right (aka neo-poopoo) factions in Ukraine since the coup

All of the above is well-documented and understood. Jim is sharing background, I have shared background - none of the most partisan voices on this thread appear to have spent even a few minutes trying to grasp this info, even if to try and dispute. Instead, they link to vastly-oversimplified mainstream sources and pontificate superficial and ill-informed opinion.

Yeah right Jeff. When I shared my friends PJ images with you YEARS AGO FROM MAIDEN SQUARE WHEN HE WAS THERE You and Jim kept prattling on the same BS and never commented because your reading was so well informed IN SPITE OF THE FACT HE WAS THERE AT THE SAME TIME YOU WERE SPILLING GARBAGE!!

The "putsch was a revolt!

NATO NEVER SIGNED AN AGREEMENT AND RUSSIA NEVER KEPT ITS PROMISES EITHER.

THE OUTSIZED FAR-RIGHT GARBAGE IS EXACTLY THAT!! You have no problem with Putin's fascist regime do you?? 

And now Germany is going to increase its spending for your joy!

Russia is now incinerating civilians and you're defending it??? FFS.

The extent of your delusion is stupefying only matched by your unending arrogance trying to claim you know better than the MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OBJECTING AND FIGHTING THE INVASION!! iNCONVENIENT FACT HUH? WHY AREN''T THEY WAVING FLAGS FOR THEIR CONQUERING HEROS THE RUSSIANS?????

36 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

The truth is that no one reads the history of the 2014 coup, of NATO expansion, of the ultra nationalists and their history and their current influence. All such info is labeled Putin Propaganda. And now in the Fog of War the stories of atrocities committed by Putin’s forces are taken at face value without the slightest doubt, despite a long and proven history of fake stories in all modern wars. Wiki is generally a good source. One can read about Ukraine’s historical collaboration with the German war machine. To characterize, as I’ve seen lately, the grandfathers of today’s beleaguered Ukrainians as helping their Russian brothers defeat Germany is ignorant.
The 2014 coup was supported by the CIA. I’m listening right now to an interview with Oliver Stone about his new movie, and somehow they digress to Ukraine, before the Russian invasion. It was easier to talk about this history before Russian troops and tanks and warplanes entered Ukrainian territory. This group here, on this forum, should at least be curious about this history from the Russian point of view. Do you really think we here, in the US, got a clear picture of the 2014 coup and the ensuing atrocities committed by the ultranationalist factions of the Ukrainian army? If you dare to point it out you are labeled as Putin loving. I’ve read the Feb 24 speech by Putin on the eve of the invasion. There is more truth in it than anything I’m hearing from our own media, which as usual has no historical perspective. The 30 year eastward expansion of NATO has inevitably been followed by arms sales to countries on Russia’s borders. War is a racket, and the racketeers benefit from the conflict, whether cold or hot, they help create all over the world, and we here are the main suppliers of arms in the world and the main financial beneficiaries of this antagonistic expansion.
If Putin is crazy, and dangerous, what about the US? What about NATO in Yugoslavia and Bosnia? What about those Missile sites surrounding Russia? What about the Russians living in the breakaway eastern provinces, or in Crimea? If Ukrainian forces committed atrocities against them would we ever hear about it in our media? Of course not. 

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Interesting analysis of Putin published in The Guardian today by the Russian writer Vladimir Sorokin.

Oliver Stone interviewed the Mask of Putin, the "enlightened autocrat," which has now been removed.

Sorokin confirms my impression of Putin after I witnessed the Act of Canonical Communion in 2007 (above) but he adds a lot of historical details about Putin's transformation during the past 20 years.

The underlying theme of Sorokin's analysis echoes Lord Acton's famous dictum that, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Vladimir Putin sits atop a crumbling pyramid of power | Vladimir Sorokin | The Guardian

Honestly, I'm astonished at the naivete (or dishonesty, in Jeff's case) of the Putin apologists on the forum.

Sadly, you guys seem to have no awareness of what has been happening in the Russian Federation during the past 20 years under Putin's rule.  The RF became a fascist police state in the 21st century.  I realized that fact 15 years ago.

I've been there, studied it, and I've also fraternized with the Russian Orthodox community here in Denver for the past quarter century.  I recently posted a comment with a book review I wrote in 2010 about former KGB Col. Konstantin Preobrazhensky's expose of the Putin/FSB annexation of the ROCOR in 2007. 

No comments from the Jeff Carter's peanut gallery, other than Jeff's erroneous comment that Putin critics are merely posting propaganda from the M$M.  It's Jeff's latest absurdity, because Preobrazhensky's book and the 2007 KGB/MP/ROCOR putsch was completely ignored by the M$M.  At the time, only ITASS reported Putin's cynical comment that, "Religion is one of Russia's best weapons of self defense!"

In my recent post, I wrote that, "people in the West are finally seeing Putin for who he really is, a KGB apparatchik from the Yuri Andropov Red Banner Institute."

Then, today, Russian writer Vladimir Sorokin wrote exactly what I posted here a few days ago-- that "Putin's mask" has cracked, exposing the Andropov-trained KGB agent inside.  Obviously, Sorokin knows a great deal more about Putin and the Russian Federation than I do, but we both, independently, reached the same conclusion.

I'd like to know what the Putin apologists here have to say about Sorokin's observations of Putin and the Russian Federation.

Edited by W. Niederhut