• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Thomas

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Benjamin Cole

29 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Epoch Times? That's like the flat-earther end of extremist RW propaganda, isn't it?

Matt A-

Yes, some Epoch Times coverage reflects the negative aspects of the new right wing, but then...where is the perfect news outlet anymore?   

Epoch Times has reported what the M$M did not report, and that is that a senior and important key former party official has made $1 million lobbying for a CCP-dominated Hauwei. 

True, this sort of compromising of policy is so commonplace, across the DC political spectrum, that perhaps I can be criticized for being idealistic or naive. 

Still, this strikes me as solid reporting...I contend one must peruse non-M$M news outlets to get a fuller picture, left and right. 

34 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I must be missing something; a large amount of ex-government employees enter the profitable lobbying biz every year. Why again is it scandalous that Podesta is lobbying for a smart-phone manufacturer?

Well...

There is always the possibility, perhaps even a probability, that a Podesta (or dozens or 100s of others)  "earned" his keep from Huawei while in government service, and is being rewarded now. 

But (although it has been a few decades since I worked in DC) even worse is the milieu. The big money is always there for those who make connections while in government service, and the biggest money today is the multinationals, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, media. The environment is compromising, to put it mildly. 

And Huawei is not merely a smart-phone manufacturer, but connected to the CCP. If you think the Donks and the 'Phants are bad, you should read up on the CCP. 

If you don't believe anything in Epoch Times, then here is Reuters....

WASHINGTON, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Chinese telecoms giant Huawei (HWT.UL) paid Democratic lobbyist Tony Podesta $1 million to lobby the Biden administration on its behalf, double what the lobbyist has revealed publicly, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Trump is such a private country club with black servants indulged, spoiled elitist.

Hey boy, bring me another plate of butter and glass of water and tell your boss to call the golf barn to get my clubs and cart ready in 30 minutes.

"Yes Massa."

That life is a million miles removed from the real lives of the majority of Americans.

Yet, half the working class poor in this country think Trump really cares about them and will lead them to the promised land?

46 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Trump is such a private country club with black servants indulged, spoiled elitist.

Hey boy, bring me another plate of butter and glass of water and tell your boss to call the golf barn to get my clubs and cart ready in 30 minutes.

"Yes Massa."

That life is a million miles removed from the real lives of the majority of Americans.

Yet, half the working class poor in this country think Trump really cares about them and will lead them to the promised land?

You’re right, Joe. He hasn’t known anything other than comfort, and he uses the taglines something like; it’s working class people that he gets on with best, the taxi drivers etc 

But, they all do it. It’s like it’s in the manual or political acting class. How removed is Hilary Clinton’s life from your average person’s? We seem to like it more when a person’s background is humble before heading into politics, like it means they are less likely to shaft the poor. Then we look at people like Margaret Thatcher or Richard Nixon and see there are no guarantees of avoiding that. In contrast you have JFK son of the 14th richest man in America, he wasn’t motivated by wealth, he already had it. 

As society is sorted into a wealth hierarchy, it seems from an outsiders perspective that the poor or working class people make up the largest voting group, both parties need the votes. The Dems target those of mixed heritage, and tap into the immigrant story (which almost all American’s are). The Republicans recently target the disenfranchised working class/poor, who are also resentful like their counterparts on the other side and beat the drum of American exceptionalism. Both groups desperately want something better, which makes it easy for the politicians to lure them with false promises and theatre. We’ve watched a war racket, become a pharma racket to pass taxes straight into the hands of private corporations. Same model. 

I thought about the way UK society is structured in classes and came to the conclusion that it’s like this.

- The poor / working class resent the middle class for being social climbers or pretenders, and the very wealthy for being exploiters. The poor make fun of the two classes as it makes them feel better, forms a sense of community. 
- The middle class look down on the poor as if they are trash, because it makes them feel better. The middle class look up to the elites as if greed is something to aspire to. But, when confronted with their own level of achievement, they say they don’t want what the elites have, the same as the poor do.
- The elites just look upon everyone below them as if they are the useless feeders, spoiling the scenery, who don’t deserve to be here, or don’t deserve the same level of comfort as them. This class is the one who comes up with grand ideas on population control and how society should be run, with a strong bias toward themselves being more important or deserved than the rest. 

My conclusions come from having attended schools with the elites, and living in a community with some, and working with some of them. I would say my friend circle is a mix of all the above groups, some I have been connected with mostly by sports and work in my younger years. Sure, there are exceptions to the rules, plenty of people are balanced enough to not hold those views but, they are often people who mix through the classes, as opposed to stay in their own ranks. IMHO they are the constants, they are much better hidden than two decades ago, as most people charade as the good guys online, just beneath the surface this lurks. Until we solve the way we all look at each other, and cast out the politicians using these divides for their gains, it will perpetuate. Both sides are guilty. I can see why you guys are so vehemently against Trump. Nobody wins any points by being being slightly the less guilty of the two (lesser of two evils). 

We can all do better. 

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

"Yes Massa."

Joe B-

Trump's policies on trade and immigration---good or bad for the employee class?

The globalist class, which is also the multinational ruling class in DC, has bigger things on its minds that how to make life good for middle America. 

(PS I love everybody. But importing cheap labor...you know who were the most ardent proponents of immigration in US history? The slavers. A lesson there.)

The globalist class keeps saying things are better than ever, and more globalism is the answer. But America's middle class knows things are getting worse, not better. 

This schism is doing more to promote left- and right-wing extremism than any political actor. 

The globalist answer is not that a nation should work for its citizenry, but that the citizenry should be divided against itself by race, class, sex, ethnicity, region. 

Those guys driving pick-up trucks are the real reason America is going downhill. Right? Or inner-city welfare queens. 

53 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I know msnbc as a source should be taken with a grain of salt.  But, is the fuse lit on this and it's about to blow up?  If Guliani organized it, it was at the former prez's bidding.  The definition of a minion.

Trump electors plot implodes: Giuliani and the admission that may haunt 45 (msn.com)

Ron,

This was probably a globalist/Deep State/Antifa plot to make Trump and Giuliani look like stupid crooks.

But the Republicans' favorite sociopath from the 1990s, Newt Gingrich is on it, with a new contract for America!

These January 6th investigators need to be locked up, as soon as the GOP gets back in control of Congress!

Unlike the Whitewater and Benghazi investigations, this January 6th investigation is a partisan witch hunt!

9ed.jpg