The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

51 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Trump's police state creation is now frighteningly and sickeningly real.

These growing crowd beating and tear gas spraying scenes by hard to identify military combat garbed soldiers against their fellow Americans, starkly and scarily brings to mind the 1969 "right against left" political repression film "Z" with Yves Montand.

If anyone here can do so, I highly recommend it's viewing.

We rented this film "Z" from Netflix a few months ago.

It's a real life and real time relevant warning film in many important ways.

And what a way to treat an American Citizen Navy Veteran who was not doing anything violent in his right to exercise his free speech in public.

I would hope all military serving veterans find this fellow vet beating by these fiercely aggressive combat troops reprehensible.

One of my favs.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Me and Joe M were talking about the above on FB.

Except now with the Patriot Act and Homeland Security and nuts like John Yoo, the dangers are even worse since they have managed to carve holes into the constitution in light of emergency powers.  Which have now been expanded.

This is the problem when you lose the Senate, Trump and W got to appoint a lot of judges to many different courts.

Edited by James DiEugenio

If we wind up with a dictatorship, I suppose the JFK assassination will lose some significance. At least the republic survived Dallas. If it doesn't survive Trump, the end of the American republic will be a lot more historically significant than the death of a president.

10 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I've always typed into Google, "JFK education forum" to get here.

Now that doesn't take me here. I tried variations and finally

just had to type "education forum" and then go another step

to the JFK section. What gives?

There is currently a tremendous amount of censorship applied to social media in particular, but also digital platforms such as search engines. This campaign targets the informational services of “adversary” nations such as China, Iran, Venezuela, but also oppositional opinion and “conspiracy theories”. It is more widespread than most people realize, and the effort received a huge push last autumn based on a rather hysterical campaign directed, essentially, by America’s liberal intelligentsia, signalled by a NY Times op-ed by Aaron Sorkin demanding Facebook self-censor.. 

Education Forum’s JFK thread being buried in search engines is fully part of this. A similar thing just happened to Craig Murray’s eponymous blog. That said, this event, the John Oliver show, and the ridiculous recent article attacking Garrison and Stone only shows how explosive the JFK case remains almost 57 years after the fact.

Donald Trump Is Sorry

From the article by Rod Dreher of The American Conservative:

“My dad did not live to vote in the 2016 election. I’m sure he would have voted for Donald Trump, or an old yellow dog so long as it was Republican. But boy, I bet if he were alive today, he would have nothing but contempt for Trump. I can hear the words my dad used to describe men like Trump: “That’s a sorry sapsucker right there.” Sorry — the word has such deep resonance among Southern people like us. It carries with it a sense of shiftlessness, of weakness, and of being thoroughly contemptible. A man who is sorry doesn’t merit respect, even the kind of respect you would give to a bad man who was at least brave. A thief who had honor would still be no damn good, but he wouldn’t be sorry, if you follow me. It implies a  lack of character that is near total.”

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/donald-trump-chris-wallace-sorry/

On 5/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, Steve Thomas said:

I would like to nominate Donald Trump for the Noble Piece Prize.

Steve Thomas

I agree he would greatly deserve it, for his hard efforts, so far he has managed to reduce conflict. The Irish times is a pro Hillary rag even Bill wrote for them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Irish_Times.

Edited by Colm Byrne

Secret voters or not voting is almost upon us. Bloomberg reports today that mail in voting starts in September in Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. The article says that this is not good news for Trump. Of course, Trump may have a secret plan to have his goons abduct certain voters who will disappear (like what happened in Argentina). As his niece, Mary Trump, says, he is capable of anything, making him the most dangerous man in the world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-first-votes-in-the-2020-election-will-be-cast-in-six-weeks/ar-BB16YhZX

The good news is that the House is about to consider the budget for the Homeland Security Dept. and will consider the actions of Trump's goons in doing so. The new U.S. budget begins Oct.1. Plenty of time to defund.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

I'm sure there are secret Trump voters. If I was going to vote for Trump, I would damn sure keep it a secret too. I've kept worse things secret, though right offhand I can't think what they are.

The 2016 “hidden Trump voter” is a myth.

Hillary won the popular vote by almost 3 million, 2% of the vote.  The polls on Election Day had her winning by 3.8%.  But 16 million voters were disenfranchised by GOP vote-suppression.

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/states-purged-16-million-voters-from-the-rolls-before-the-2016-election-1c5688dcaad7/

If anything, the polls under-represented Clinton’s actual support.

15 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I did a simple search for "JFK education forum" and got this SERP (Search Engine Results Page). My suspicion is if you tried private browsing it would come up normally. Your searches may be tailored to what in your history if you don't clear your browser. There's a few different reasons why they may be tailored and they aren't mysterious.

jfk-forum-serp.jpg

3 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Secret Police

Secret Voters

Screenshot from a youtube video. (I don't have a link.)

[PICTURE REMOVED FROM REPLY]

I'm not sure why you'd post results from a poll, which are seemingly unreliable to you, instead of attempting to support the anomalous jump in support for Trump, in the year of Black Lives Matter protests no less.

In any event, this poll is a poll of what some people think some other group of people are thinking. I'll take 2 scoops of unreliable, mister.

I do though believe to some degree polls are not reliable, in general. Especially ones which try to predict voting outcomes. At the end of the day people are not really lining up to participate in polls, and again with my experience in statistics I couldn't rely on the population samples as indications of true voter patterns. Of people I knew who were not Trump supporters in 2016, I was the only who thought Trump was going to win. They kept talking about polls and no matter how I explained that the polls were not in sync with the voting public, it fell on deaf ears.

15 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I use DuckDuckGo, which lists this forum at the top of the page of “JFK education forum.”