The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

33 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Fa7kbR4.jpg

HA HA HA HA!

Trump ... Ahh, who cares! I don't have to pay for the damn stuff anyway.

One of Trump's lasting nicknames in future historical reference tomes has got be "Tantrum Trump."

It sounds like he has been a big tantrum throwing person his entire life.

Reminds me of that scene in Citizen Kane where Orson Well's Kane goes berserk and destroys everything in his room over some emotional upset.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

image.png.0dabb8848e184950f5d05176f7469981.png

ABritish documentary filmmaker who recently testified behind closed doors to the House Jan. 6 select committee said that former President Donald Trump is living in “cloud cuckoo land,” and is incapable of ever acknowledging that his claims about voter fraud are “delusional.”

“Donald Trump is not a rational player. I mean, he just isn’t,” Alex Holder said in an interview with the Yahoo News podcast, “Skullduggery.” “You can't have a conversation with him in the same way that you can have a conversation with most other people. He is somebody that lives in a different reality.”

“It was so obvious. This was his last hurrah,” Holder said. “He had this — obviously had this — ridiculous idea that intervening in this ceremonial process of certifying these results could somehow prevent President Biden being inaugurated.”

Isikoff: What about Trump? In a clip from the film, he tells you the supporters of his who came to Washington [on] January 6 were “smart people” who were “angry with an election that they think was rigged.”

Holder: I probably heard that clip 400 times, right? And every single time I hear it, it gives me goosebumps, right? I think what he said was just absolutely horrific. I mean, at the end of the day, he said the reason why those people went into the Capitol was because they think, he actually says, “I think that they think” because the election was stolen, right? But who told them that the election was stolen?

Klaidman: Why has Trump been so stubborn about his claims about the election?

Holder: Donald Trump is not a rational player. I mean, he just isn’t. You can’t have a conversation with him in the same way that you can have a conversation with most other people. He is somebody that lives in a different reality. He had started the lie about the election back in 2016. What I saw after the first interview with him in the White House was that he now became someone who believed in his own lie, and that is a person who is delusional. That is a person who is incredibly dangerous, because you can't debate with that person. There is no way that anybody can persuade Donald Trump that he’s wrong. And this is something that’s characteristic of him all the way through his life, and the series goes into this in the sense that he will never accept that he had done anything wrong. He will always double back. He’s always right, and it’s always somebody else’s fault. I mean, he lives in cloud cuckoo land. He’s sitting in an interview in Mar-a-Lago saying that in front of a portrait, an actual oil painting of himself painted 25 to 30 years ago in a golf outfit. I mean, I actually asked about that at the end of the interview. I was like, “You’ve got to tell me about this painting.” I mean, this is a guy who literally has paintings of himself in his house. I mean, he’s just not a normal guy. I mean, you know?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Question.

Did Bobby Engel drive the Secret Service vehicle that Mike Pence refused to enter at the Capitol on January 6th?

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Question.

Did Bobby Engel drive the Secret Service vehicle that Mike Pence refused to enter at the Capitol on January 6th?

What a good question.

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I do not believe so, he was on the POTUS detail.

HOWEVER, it was Tony Ornato who contacted Pence's detail and told them to move Pence to Andrews AFB.

4 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I do not believe so, he was on the POTUS detail.

HOWEVER, it was Tony Ornato who contacted Pence's detail and told them to move Pence to Andrews AFB.

Tony Ornato has some serious 'splainin' to do about what happened at the White House on January 6th.

So does Mark Meadows.

My hunch is that any testimony from them will be limited to; 1) misleading statements denying Trump's misconduct -- not made under oath-- leaked to the right wing media, 2) perjury, or, 3) pleading the 5th.

I dunno. 

The 1/6 Cheney-Crat Committee schedules an emergency session for a new star witness, the well-coiffed and dressed Hutchinson...and her story falls apart within hours. 

The witness was not vetted in a meaningful sense. To begin with, she was a hearsay witness. That is weak from the start (to put it mildly). 

In most courts, hearsay evidence is inadmissible (the "hearsay evidence rule") unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies.

The Cheney-crats never asked the guys in the Prezzy limo what happened? Is not that simple background work? 

OK, now that the Cheney-crats are hidden behind all the egg on their faces, let us proceed...Liz Cheney will wear yolk-deflecting  goggles henceforth...

And those monkeymen in the trees have guns. 

13 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Isn't it funny that the loudest voices for pro-life when it comes to women and abortion are also the most strident calling for the death penalty. In Texas alone. there have been 574 prisoners on death row who have been executed since 1982.

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/death_row/dr_info/bradfordgaylandlast.html

Steve Thomas

I am not sure this is true.

Devout Catholics, for example, oppose both the death penalty and abortion.

Others may reason an unborn child has committed no crime, while somebody found guilty before peers in a court of law, has committed a crime.

Others favor abortion on demand at any time in the nine-month pregnancy, and life imprisonment rather than the death penalty for murderers. 

It is interesting how the abortion issue is manipulated, by both establishment parties, to create divisions in the public.  

I don't see a "right answer" on the abortion issue. 

(Aside: When you think about certain social issues, you realize how much we are all creatures of our times. 

Why is polygamy or polyandry illegal in the US? It is legal in many nations.  In fact, it is legal if you marry four wives in Nigeria, and then migrate to the US with your wives---but not for US citizens marrying in the US.  

So, homosexual marriage is legal and polygamy is not in the US, and vice-versa in Nigeria. The rhyme and reason to this? 

We are right and the Nigerians are wrong. Obviously). 

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Question.

My understanding from various readings is Engel was the SSA in the front passenger seat, of the SUV, a Suburban (?), not the presidential limo.  Trumph was in the middle row of seats.  As he lunged over the front seat for the steering wheel Engel grabbed his lower arm, or tiny hand.  Trumph proceeded to give Engel a neck hug with his right arm.

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I dunno. 

The 1/6 Cheney-Crat Committee schedules an emergency session for a new star witness, the well-coiffed and dressed Hutchinson...and her story falls apart within hours. 

The witness was not vetted in a meaningful sense. To begin with, she was a hearsay witness. That is weak from the start (to put it mildly). 

In most courts, hearsay evidence is inadmissible (the "hearsay evidence rule") unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies.

The Cheney-crats never asked the guys in the Prezzy limo what happened? Is not that simple background work? 

OK, now that the Cheney-crats are hidden behind all the egg on their faces, let us proceed...Liz Cheney will wear yolk-deflecting  goggles henceforth...

And those monkeymen in the trees have guns. 

Ben,

Thanks for your comical "update" on the J6 hearings, as perceived by people living in the MAGA-verse.

I can, certainly, understand why you guys would want Hutchinson's firsthand witness testimony to be "inadmissible." 

It's quite damning.  

But, I must give you credit for providing some daily comic relief here, and a valuable perspective on how Trumplicans view the Congressional J6 hearings that they have so assiduously refrained from watching. 🤥

So, Hutchinson wasn't "vetted," eh?  Did you hear that flamer from Glenn Greenwald or Tucker Carlson?  

And she wasn't a firsthand witness of the activities and conversations of Trump and Meadows, (Ornato, Cipollone, Engel, et.al.) who had a White House office nearly adjacent to the Oval Office?   

Did you read that silly spin at Breitbart or the Gateway Pundit?

"Cheney-crats" and monkeymen in the trees?  

Matt was kind enough to provide documentation about the Trump mob guns on the Washington Mall, and you promptly changed the subject.  Now you dismiss those Trumplicans with guns are mere "monkeymen in trees?"

(BTW, do you really think Trumplicans are any less tribal and homicidal than other simians?)

As for Liz Cheney, she has done an admirable job investigating Trump's serious crimes against the United States.   

I never thought I would approve of a Cheney, but she deserves her Profile in Courage Award.

Edited by W. Niederhut

11 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Thanks for your comical "update" on the J6 hearings, as perceived by people living in the MAGA-verse.

I can, certainly, understand why you guys would want Hutchinson's firsthand witness testimony to be "inadmissible." 

It's quite damning.  

But, I must give you credit for providing some daily comic relief here, and a valuable perspective on how Trumplicans view the Congressional J6 hearings that they have so assiduously refrained from watching. 🤥

So, Hutchinson wasn't "vetted," eh?  Did you hear that flamer from Glenn Greenwald or Tucker Carlson?  

And she wasn't a firsthand witness of the activities and conversations of Trump and Meadows, (Ornato, Cipollone, Engel, et.al.) who had a White House office nearly adjacent to the Oval Office?   

Did you read that silly spin at Breitbart or the Gateway Pundit?

"Cheney-crats" and monkeymen in the trees?  

Matt was kind enough to provide documentation about the Trump mob guns on the Washington Mall, and you promptly changed the subject.  Now you dismiss those Trumplicans with guns are mere "monkeymen in trees?"

(BTW, do you really think Trumplicans are any less tribal and homicidal than other simians?)

As for Liz Cheney, she has done an admirable job investigating Trump's serious crimes against the United States.   

I never thought I would approve of a Cheney, but she deserves her Profile in Courage Award.

Outside the box, spaghetti on the wall.  Liz 2024.  Trumph abandoned, his core refuse to vote for her.  The party split.  Their only hope, with frustrated independents . . .