The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Trump Announced, Then Canceled, a Yankees Pitch. Both Came as a Surprise.

The president’s announcement that he would pitch at Yankee Stadium on Aug. 15 startled the team’s officials, who had not scheduled such an event.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/us/politics/trump-yankees-fauci.html

President Donald Trump invited himself to Yankee Stadium to throw out a ceremonial first pitch, and it did not go well for him, according to a new report in The New York Times.

“An hour before Dr. Anthony S. Fauci threw the first pitch at the season opener between the New York Yankees and the Washington Nationals, President Trump stood on the briefing room stage at the White House and declared that he, too, had been invited to throw out his own opening pitch,” the newspaper reported.

“There was one problem: Mr. Trump had not actually been invited on that day by the Yankees, according to one person with knowledge of Mr. Trump’s schedule. His announcement surprised both Yankees officials and the White House staff,” The Times explained. “But Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci’s turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. But no date was ever finalized.”

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Major League Baseball has announced that Trump's self-invitation to throw out a first pitch is the last straw, the season is being cancelled.

The league's statement says, "We have to protect our players from whatever it is that Trump has."

8 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Heard somewhere yesterday. "The people who are complaining about Federal Agents being sent in to cities to protect Federal Court Houses are OK that Federal Agents were sent into the Trump Campaign in the Summer of 2016."

I know this is just something you "heard," but are you equating surveillance (possibly even illegal surveillance) with what is happening regarding "agents" acting in contravention to the Constitution and due process?

If so, I understand more everyday the vitriol directed towards you. 

Curious though, if Obama sent unidentified mercenaries to break up the Bundy "protest" would you equally shrug your shoulders and tell Obama it's OK to do whatever necessary to defend federal property and restore "order?" 

24 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Heard somewhere yesterday. "The people who are complaining about Federal Agents being sent in to cities to protect Federal Court Houses are OK that Federal Agents were sent into the Trump Campaign in the Summer of 2016."

The people who are complaining about the FBI quietly investigating members of the the 2016 Trump campaign are OK with the head of the FBI publicly smearing the Clinton campaign over benign e-mails — effectively throwing the election to Trump.

Turley is a well known apologist for Fascism.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Does anyone here think Trump and Biden are going to have at least one debate? (I think we can forget about three debates.)

I can't wait to hear them debate.

Trump to Biden: Let me hear you say Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV.

Biden to Trump: Let me hear you say Person, Man, Trump, Narcissist, Moron.

I don’t know if it was “inevitable”, but to label a law professor a “fascist apologist” for compiling a timeline of objectively truthful information is certainly an indication of some form of “decline” in critical faculty. The “Resistance” on this forum has been consistently wrong in their assertions three years running, and consistently apoplectic in their denunciation of anyone who attempts to set the record straight. Turley is surely correct in stating there exist “troubling implications of national security powers being used to target the political opponents of an administration”, although the misuse itself may be reflective of an inevitable decline - a particularly cogent point of conversation lost in all the shouting.

3 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

It appears that the Antifas primary goal is to provoke. 

Since the protests were peaceful in Portland before Trump inserted his secret police, it appears the fascists primary goal is to provoke — right out of the Mussolini playbook.

Trump and Trump Jr. praise doctor who says diseases are caused by "evil deposits from the spirit husband"

https://boingboing.net/2020/07/28/trump-and-trump-jr-praise-doc.html

Trump and Junior are urging their social media followers to heed the Covid-19 advice of Dr. Stella Immanuel, a Houston pediatrician who has determined that many diseases are caused by sex with demons and/or alien DNA. The Daily Beast reported that Dr. Immanuel "praises hydroxychloroquine and says that face masks aren’t necessary to stop transmission of the highly contagious coronavirus."

From The Daily Beast:

In sermons posted on YouTube and articles on her website, Immanuel claims that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence are caused by sex with “spirit husbands” and “spirit wives”—a phenomenon Immanuel describes essentially as witches and demons having sex with people in a dreamworld.
“They are responsible for serious gynecological problems,” Immanuel said. “We call them all kinds of names—endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband,” Immanuel said of the medical issues in a 2013 sermon. “They are responsible for miscarriages, impotence—men that can’t get it up.”

ooooooooooookay
Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

I don’t know if it was “inevitable”, but to label a law professor a “fascist apologist” for compiling a timeline of objectively truthful information is certainly an indication of some form of “decline” in critical faculty.

But that “objectively truthful information” ignored the FBI’s very public handling of the bogus Clinton e-mail investigation.  The quiet investigation of inconsequential Trumpers was out of line, but the public pillory of Hillary was fine ‘n’ dandy!

Turley accuses “the Obama Administration“ of conducting the investigation into Russian influence on the Trump campaign.  Are we to also accuse the “Obama Administration” of conducting the investigation into Clinton’s e-mails?

The “Resistance” on this forum has been consistently wrong in their assertions three years running, and consistently apoplectic in their denunciation of anyone who attempts to set the record straight.

Let’s take one example of Team Fascism’s inability to exercise anything like a “critical faculty.”

At the 1:30 mark Julian Assange brings up the subject of the Seth Rich murder.  Since no journalist worth their salt would ever offer up an actual source, even if the source were deceased, we can logically conclude Seth Rich had nothing to do with the DNC e-mail hack.  Moreover, since no ethical journalist would reveal the methods by which their sources obtained the material, we can rule out a DNC leak.

Turley is surely correct in stating there exist “troubling implications of national security powers being used to target the political opponents of an administration”, although the misuse itself may be reflective of an inevitable decline - a particularly cogent point of conversation lost in all the shouting.

Was Hillary Clinton a political opponent of the Obama Administration?

The FBI investigation into minor Trump campaign operatives was kept quiet while the FBI investigation into Clinton’s e-mails dominated the cable news cycles for the entire last 11 days of the 2016 campaign, effectively throwing the election to Trump.

During the Bill Clinton impeachment drama Turley was a regular on cable news shows claiming that lying about an extra-marital affair was grounds for removal of a twice elected President.  But when Trump tried to extort the Ukrainian government to help his re-election — that was just fine ‘n’ dandy!

Edited by Cliff Varnell

51 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

You are not really curious. Nevertheless, Federal agents protecting Federal property doesn't seem like it should be too controversial.

Federal agents seizing private property kind of makes the comparison less than ideal.

Whether or not the property belonged to the Feds or the Bundys, the controversy was over ownership. That is, both parties claimed ownership of the property and out come the guns.

In Portland, I don't think any of the Antifacists are staking ownership claims to any Federal Court houses or that the Federal gov't is occupying a property that actually belongs to the Antifas.

It appears that the Antifas primary goal is to provoke. If they are breaking things for other reasons, let me know.

I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain no ownership was claimed of anything much less the federal building they took control over. 

The issue as I understand it, was the Bundy's being charged to graze their cattle on public land. The felt the federal government had no rights to oversee the land, which should have been retained by the state. 

The issue isn't so much abouts agents, but about unidentified persons being claimed to be agents and their actions and the legality of their actions. 

50 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

"Witty" like Mecham's "Fatty Barrbuckle" reference for those on this thread born before 1926.

Now you can remove that comment.

No, I won't. Regardless of you reading the comment and replying to save face, the point is still valid. 

Nonetheless, you still didn't answer either of my questions. 

A thought just occurred to me after months of reading the rather sharp jabbing and jousting back-and-forths between certain members here and one specific member more than others on certain threads and which at times gets quite personal and heated.

It's sharp and often enough you notice it as a specific posting and response activity.

I am not taking sides nor judging. The combatants are all articulate and informed.

Much more than I.   It's just noticeable.

However, in the years since I have been first visiting the forum and eventually joining, it seems like there is always a resident lightning rod instigating member who not only admits to being purposely contrary and stirring things up, but enjoying it!

Like a pattern?

It's probably just my admittedly overly suspicious ( Jack Ruby impossibly shooting Oswald ) inspired imagination.

Yet, when I first checked in there were one or two main antagonistic minded posters. Wasn't McAdams posting here? Over the last 8 years, one after another.

Eventually the main contrary posting instigator of the month or year would drop out, and soon enough, another would pop up out of nowhere to fill the void.

I remember a poster from Arizona ( I think ) a couple of years back who was strikingly similar in this MO. He too was articulate and informed. He too seemed to relish "shaking things up." He too just disappeared after a year or so. Include several others in between.

Excuse my paranoia but could it be that this repeating instigator of the month or year club constant is more than just a coincidence?

Could it be that these similarly aggressive and minded posting contrarians popping up here on an almost patterned time frame ( when one leaves another soon replaces ) be more than just a random occurrence?

Anyone here ever give even some slight thought that this forum is monitored in any way?

By others who still feel threatened by it's content and the participation of highly credentialed and influential members, several of whom have written and had major government questioning conspiracy books published and have been featured on national airwaves media venues?

On the other hand, having some participation and input from Warren Commission defenders, Posner, Bugliosi, McAdams and other LN defenders from time to time does give the forum some righteous fighting back energy I suppose.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Police: 'Umbrella Man' was a white supremacist trying to incite George Floyd rioting

Police say the suspect has been identified, but no charges had been filed as of Tuesday afternoon. 

https://www.startribune.com/police-umbrella-man-was-a-white-supremacist-trying-to-incite-george-floyd-rioting/571932272/?fbclid=IwAR0V0d050rV9dDnmZNRpq8srf9jhbLylJN-7KsA8dije4TP-MUpq6x_YabM