• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Far-right GOP congressional candidate lobs ageist insult at opponent while running to represent The Villages

By Matthew Chapman August 05, 2022

https://www.rawstory.com/far-right-gop-congressional-candidate-lobs-ageist-insult-at-opponent-while-running-to-represent-the-villages/

"Now in her second bid for Congress, this time in a primary fight against Rep. Dan Webster (R-FL), (Laura) Loomer has found a new oddball line of attack. Her opponent, she claims, is so feeble he wears a Life Alert necklace with a button to alert emergency responders if he has a fall," reported Will Sommer. "'We don’t need members of Congress who are walking around wearing Life Alert necklaces, too sick to vote,' Loomer told The Daily Beast,..”

“ this is an unusual choice of attack in a congressional district that includes The Villages, an infamous, sprawling retirement community that backed former President Donald Trump roughly 2 to 1,...”

The politics of anger and insults. They don't care who they hurt.

Steve Thomas

FBI Director Comey rigged the 2016 election to defeat Hilary by announcing at the last moment that she was being investigated. The investigation was a ruse and Comey essentially elected Trump as President.

Now FBI Director Wray is forced to admit he rigged the investigation of Kavanaugh to assure this far right political hack could be confirmed to the Supreme Court. 

FBI 'did not further investigate' Brett Kavanaugh allegations (msn.com)

Who can trust he FBI anymore?

Edited by Douglas Caddy

Trump Begs Supporters to Donate for ‘Upcoming’ Lawsuit Against CNN
THE GRIFT NEVER ENDS
by Zachary Petrizzo Politics Aug. 05, 2022 
https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-begs-supporters-to-donate-for-upcoming-lawsuit-against-cnn?ref=home?ref=home
It’s been over a week since former President Donald Trump pledged that he would be filing a lawsuit against CNN. Yet, instead of court documents being filed, Trump appears to be more preoccupied with begging followers to send in money to “support” the so far non-existent legal action. A new fundraising message sent out from the ex-president on Friday said: “I’m calling on my best and most dedicated supporters to add their names to stand with me in my impending LAWSUIT against Fake News CNN.” “Add your name IMMEDIATELY to show your support for my upcoming lawsuit against Fake News CNN,” the email continued, linking to a donations page. It was one of two CNN-inspired fundraising messages sent out. Last Wednesday, the former president threatened to sue the cable network and sent them a letter titled, “Notice of Intent to Bring Civil Action for Defamation.” Trump touting a potential CNN lawsuit comes as the Republican National Committee has said they will stop paying the ex-president’s legal bills upon him declaring his candidacy for president. Neither CNN nor a Trump spokesperson returned The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Friday evening.

Steve Thomas

55 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Judging from commentary, when the FBI acts in manner that harms your political opponents, then they are trustworthy.  

Same with MSM, when they harm your political opponents, they are honest and virtuous. When they act on the side of your opponents they are part of an Operation Mockingbird psy-op and can’t be trusted. 

7 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Same with MSM, when they harm your political opponents, they are honest and virtuous. When they act on the side of your opponents they are part of an Operation Mockingbird psy-op and can’t be trusted. 

I suspect partisan bias plays a role in some of this, but I don't want to go out on a limb. 

17 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I suspect partisan bias plays a role in some of this, but I don't want to go out on a limb. 

It 100% does, once a channel confirms our biases for a period, and it is presented as reputable, we trust it as a paragon of virtue, when in reality we should treat it with a healthy scepticism.  Human beings seem all too ready to surrender critical thinking, as it’s easier to let someone else do it for them. The problem comes in when the person or entity we entrust doesn’t have honest intentions, or lets their own biases lead them. The same corruption happens in science and all sorts of domains. 

Of course the biggest coup involving Alex Jones was the confiscating of his phone records  and subpoena by the 1/6 committee and soon the DOJ. 

Great headline that now Alex Jones has to pay 45 million in punitive damages. But unfortunately there is a $750,000 cap on all such awards in Texas. What kind of fascist law is that?. Obviously it reflects a history in Texas of the rich writing their own laws.

I'm not sure why they would even try such a case in Texas, when the victims are in Connecticut?.

Thank God, I understand they can sue for more damages though.

https://www.lamag.com/article/alex-jones-hit-with-45-2-mil-punitive-judgement-but-texas-cap-is-750k/

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Judging from commentary, when the FBI acts in manner that harms your political opponents, then they are trustworthy.  

Other than LBJ's close, neighborly relationship with J. Edgar Hoover, can anyone think of an instance where FBI chicanery didn't involve assisting a Republican POTUS?

(Emphasis on the word chicanery.)