The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Former U.S. Assistant AG Mary McCord just ripped Bill Barr a new one in this evening's NYT...  🤥

Bill Barr Twisted My Words in Dropping the Flynn Case. Here’s the Truth.

The F.B.I.’s interview of Mr. Flynn was constitutional, lawful and for a legitimate counterintelligence purpose.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/opinion/bill-barr-michael-flynn.html

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Joseph McBride said:

RT has been one of the few networks to treat Oliver Stone with respect.

When I saw Oliver Stone say, “I didn’t know anything about Ukraine until Putin told me” — I felt despair. Still do.

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

When I saw Oliver Stone say, “I didn’t know anything about Ukraine until Putin told me” — I felt despair. Still do.

I read Russia Today for perspective on things that our corrupt U.S. M$M isn't telling us-- e.g., our disastrous CIA Operation Timber Sycamore op in Syria and the false flag "chemical weapons" attacks in Douma, etc., that Trump used as a pretext (twice) to launch Tomahawks into Syria.

But sometimes I get the impression that experts in U.S. Deep State chicanery fail to realize that Putin and his skilled FSB have their own ugly, black ops history.

Putin is no saint.  In fact, he and his FSB did serious, perhaps irreparable, damage to the United States in 2016.

And I've, personally, lived through one of Putin's black ops involving the (White) Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR.)  It was ugly.

He, basically, destroyed and confiscated my ROCOR parish, and others around the world-- in Western Europe, North America, and Australia.

Putin told TASS at the time (2007) that, "Religion is one of Russia's most important weapons of self defense."

In other words, like his NKVD/KGB predecessors, he viewed the Russian Orthodox Church as a mere tool to advance the interests of the secular state.

William:

1. Why was it OK for the Dulles brothers to use certain churches to undermine the USSR, like the Unitarians, and for the CIA to fund that White Russian church in Dallas through, of all things, the Tolstoy Foundation--and through that to manipulate Oswald--but somehow its not kosher for the Russians?

Why is there this continual double standard in that regard?

2. You keep on using these sources from the Justice Department who were involved in all this.  I am relying on documents that did not come out until ten days ago.  Why would these be hidden?  And why did  it take Sidney Powell to get them and produce them?

Let me go back to the Lowenstein adage. He said, in my legal experience, and he was a Yale lawyer, people with nothing to hide, don't hide things. In other words, if Flynn did not switch lawyers, we would not have seen these documents.

Material to what?

Trolls on line? The Steele Dossier?  The phony case against George P?  Roger Stone lying about something he did not have?

If you guys are crying over this, wait until you  see the Durham Report.

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Material to what?

Trolls on line? The Steele Dossier?  The phony case against George P?  Roger Stone lying about something he did not have?

If you guys are crying over this, wait until you  see the Durham Report.

The Durham Report! Bill Barr’s phony “investigation of the investigators.”

It’s a crucial part of Trump’s move to make everyone in the Justice Dept. personally loyal to him.

Interesting to see Jim DiEugenio cheerlead Trump’s drive to overt fascism.

Trump is just trying to emulate the leaders he most admires: Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-Un, and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. He likes their style. It's true he had some harsh things to say about "Rocket Man," but that was before they met and fell in love. The leaders Trump has disdain for are in democracies (Trudeau, Macron, Merkel, etc.). Of course he does like Boris Johnson's hair.

Ron:

I hate to tell you this, but the Democrats have made Trump.

From HRC to Pelosi, who could not control Schiff and her own caucus. 

The only person I have seen from that side who knows how to attack Trump is AOC.

Edited by James DiEugenio

7 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Ron:

I hate to tell you this, but the Democrats have made Trump.

I know the Democrats made Trump. They made him by running Hillary Clinton against him, after giving her the nomination by any means necessary.

16 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Agreed Cliff: Re Yanukovych:

It must be a secure feeling to know you can be elected to the highest office in your home country.

Steal a billion dollars from your country and leave behind an outrageous, opulent estate. Get run out by your own people and still.

1)Get a golden parachute Dacha from Vladimir Putin

2)Get an interview with Ollie Stone

Yeah, I can see where RT might be favorable toward Ollie.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

14 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

William:

1. Why was it OK for the Dulles brothers to use certain churches to undermine the USSR, like the Unitarians, and for the CIA to fund that White Russian church in Dallas through, of all things, the Tolstoy Foundation--and through that to manipulate Oswald--but somehow its not kosher for the Russians?

Why is there this continual double standard in that regard?

2. You keep on using these sources from the Justice Department who were involved in all this.  I am relying on documents that did not come out until ten days ago.  Why would these be hidden?  And why did  it take Sidney Powell to get them and produce them?

Let me go back to the Lowenstein adage. He said, in my legal experience, and he was a Yale lawyer, people with nothing to hide, don't hide things. In other words, if Flynn did not switch lawyers, we would not have seen these documents.

Jim,

I'm hardly an apologist for American Cold Warriors (and funders of the Third Reich) like the Dulles brothers.  Far from it.

Nor am I an apologist for the Soviet apparatchiks who desecrated and demolished Russian Orthodox Churches and turned Russian Orthodox monasteries like Solovki into concentration camps for priests and bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church.  (That horrific chapter of 20th century history remains largely unknown in the West.)

My experiences and direct relationships with the old ROCOR have been entirely spiritual-- with men who knew St. John (Maximovitch) of San Francisco and St. Philaret (Vosnesensky.)

As for Putin's (KGB) Moscow Patriarchate, there's an entire chapter on the subject in the Mitrokhin archival material, published at Cambridge as The Sword and the Shield.

The Moscow Patriarchate was taken over by the NKVD following the murder of Patriarch Tikhon (by arsenic) in 1921.  It has been an apparatus of the KGB for a century now-- with all of the external trappings, vestments, and buildings, of the pre-Bolshevik Russian Orthodox Church.

This one-on-one debate between well versed political historian intellectuals Jim Di and W. Neiderhut is one that is enhancing the forum imo.

Very thought provoking.

There are several others here worth mentioning in this regards too.

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Jim,

I'm hardly an apologist for American Cold Warriors (and funders of the Third Reich) like the Dulles brothers.  Far from it.

We’ve spent decades opposing/denouncing American interference in the affairs of others’, but when we denounce/oppose Russian interference in our election the pro-Putin Purity Left accuse us of Cold War mongering.

William Barr Takes a Wrecking Ball to the DOJ, Former Officials Respond With Stern Letter

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/william-barr-flynn-former-doj-officials-write-letters.amp

<quote on>

On Monday morning, we heard from Jonathan Kravis, one of the career prosecutors in the Roger Stone case who resigned in February from the Justice Department after 10 years when political officials in the DOJ interfered with the case to recommend a lower sentence for a Donald Trump crony. Kravis penned an op-ed for the Washington Post  explaining that in the wake of the Flynn decision, he could no longer remain silent:

Since my resignation, I have not commented on the Stone sentencing; it is not easy for me to do so now. Prosecutors are trained to make their cases in the courtroom and let the results speak for themselves. But I feel compelled to write because I believe that the department’s handling of these matters is profoundly misguided, because my colleagues who still serve the department are duty-bound to remain silent and because I am convinced that the department’s conduct in the Stone and Flynn cases will do lasting damage to the institution.
</q>