The Education Forum

Gary Hill’s THE OTHER OSWALD

Gary Hill’s new book on Robert E. Webster, THE OTHER OSWALD: A WILDERNESS OF MIRRORS, is now out on Amazon Kindle. It has introductions from Bill Simpich and Walt Brown. I bought it last night but haven’t read enough to comment yet.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

1 hour ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Gary Hill’s new book on Robert E. Webster, THE OTHER OSWALD: A WILDERNESS OF MIRRORS

Yowza! Thanks for the head's up Mr. Thorne! 

I've been fascinated for so long about the enigma that is Robert E. Webster. Especially that little slip up of Mrs. Marina Nikolayevna Oswald identifying her husband as an electronics expert for RAND, or something to that effect.

Plus the phenomenon of Bruce L. Solie of the Central Intelligence Agency's Office Of Security being the control officer for files on both Robert E. Webster and Ruth Hyde Paine.

Michael Ralph Paine was in fact impersonating Lee Harvey Oswald while trying to infiltrate liberal college student organizations.

I cannot wait to read this book.

As far as I can tell (and I'm trying to keep up) this is the FIFTH BOOK in the last few years about TWO OSWALDS.  Here are the other four (the fourth is at the end):

Three other books based on “Harvey and Lee:”  

The JFK Assassination and the Uncensored Story of the Two Oswalds

51VXnljXM+L._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From an Amazon review: “I'd read a good chunk of Armstrong's Harvey and Lee, but Shannan provided clarity for me on the matter of Marguerite Oswald in particular and the whole thesis in general. So much easier to read this digest than the master's unedited tome.”

DOPPELGANGER: The Legend of Lee Harvey Oswald

41VrGzHDOdL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From the publisher’s blurb: “More than 300 sources, including many sworn testimonies & affidavits, were consulted, as well as John Armstrong’s massive research project HARVEY AND LEE. One fact led to another, until a coherent picture began to emerge from the immense pile of puzzle pieces…. That picture includes the background of Harvey as a juvenile immigrant fluent in Russian, and the creation of the second ‘Lee Harvey Oswald’ and the second ‘Marguerite Oswald.’ The picture continues with the recruitment of both Lee Oswald and Harvey Oswald by the ONI and the CIA, followed by Harvey’s assumption of Lee’s identity, his ‘defection’ to Russia, and Lee’s involvement with the Cuban revolution and the CIA..…”

Mistaken Identity

41200IQz+8L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From the publisher’s blurb:  "New forensic and evidentiary material not published, proves that two individuals known as "Lee Harvey Oswald" enlisted in the U.S. Marines in 1956 using the same birth certificate. Recent genealogical research identifies them as second cousins through intermarriage of second-generation French families in New Orleans. It created a nightmare of identity for the FBI."

And, of course, here is the Granddady of all the Two Oswald books:

Book.jpg

Please see HarveyandLee.net for more details.

Jim, I'd say the new book is about a different subject.

Those earlier books, whatever their respective merits, are largely about Oswald's doppelgänger, twin, or double. 

This new book is about a totally different guy who had a career path that oddly matched things that Oswald got up to, possibly because they shared handlers or both took part in the same program. So it's a slightly different kettle of fish.

cNumNMo.jpg

6 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Those earlier books, whatever their respective merits, are largely about Oswald's doppelgänger, twin, or double. 

This new book is about a totally different guy who had a career path that oddly matched things that Oswald got up to, possibly because they shared handlers or both took part in the same program. So it's a slightly different kettle of fish.

cNumNMo.jpg

Anthony, your recent recommendations of 'Burying the Lead' & 'The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up' are in the post.  This looks good too, thanks.

10 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Ah, thank you, Anthony.  I'll really look forward to reading this, because comparisons of Oswald and Webster are fascinating indeed.

It is not a coincidence that both Webster and Oswald "defected" a few months apart in
1959, both tried to "defect" on a Saturday, both possessed "sensitive" information of
possible value to the Russians, both were befriended by Marina Prusakova, and both
returned to the United States in the Spring of 1962. These US "defectors," acting in perfect
harmony, were both working for the CIA. [Harvey and Lee, p. 267]

Alan Weberman had this to say a few decades ago:

OswaldandWebster.jpg

I thought Burying The Lead was quite good in terms of gathering information on the MSM being fed/misled, some new things to me.  But it is a little disjointed at points, jumping forward or back to things that are hard to relate to the subject at hand occasionally.  Overall well worth the time, recommended for what my opinion is worth.  But newcomers might have a hard time understanding how some of it does relate.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

As far as I can tell (and I'm trying to keep up) this is the FIFTH BOOK in the last few years about TWO OSWALDS.  Here are the other four (the fourth is at the end):

Three other books based on “Harvey and Lee:”  

The JFK Assassination and the Uncensored Story of the Two Oswalds

51VXnljXM+L._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From an Amazon review: “I'd read a good chunk of Armstrong's Harvey and Lee, but Shannan provided clarity for me on the matter of Marguerite Oswald in particular and the whole thesis in general. So much easier to read this digest than the master's unedited tome.”

DOPPELGANGER: The Legend of Lee Harvey Oswald

41VrGzHDOdL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From the publisher’s blurb: “More than 300 sources, including many sworn testimonies & affidavits, were consulted, as well as John Armstrong’s massive research project HARVEY AND LEE. One fact led to another, until a coherent picture began to emerge from the immense pile of puzzle pieces…. That picture includes the background of Harvey as a juvenile immigrant fluent in Russian, and the creation of the second ‘Lee Harvey Oswald’ and the second ‘Marguerite Oswald.’ The picture continues with the recruitment of both Lee Oswald and Harvey Oswald by the ONI and the CIA, followed by Harvey’s assumption of Lee’s identity, his ‘defection’ to Russia, and Lee’s involvement with the Cuban revolution and the CIA..…”

Mistaken Identity

41200IQz+8L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From the publisher’s blurb:  "New forensic and evidentiary material not published, proves that two individuals known as "Lee Harvey Oswald" enlisted in the U.S. Marines in 1956 using the same birth certificate. Recent genealogical research identifies them as second cousins through intermarriage of second-generation French families in New Orleans. It created a nightmare of identity for the FBI."

And, of course, here is the Granddady of all the Two Oswald books:

Book.jpg

Please see HarveyandLee.net for more details.

Jim, if you go back more than a few years maybe this one should be added to your list as the granddaddy time wise.

https://www.amazon.com/SECOND-Startling-Alternative-Assassin-Commission/dp/B000J0VUL4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+second+oswald&qid=1589658817&s=books&sr=1-1 

Here's a more affordable version of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Second-Oswald-Richard-Popkin-ebook/dp/B004RDOF5C/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=the+second+oswald&qid=1589659466&s=books&sr=1-2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 2:38 PM, Greg Kooyman said:

I bought this book right away on Amazon after I saw the book has an introduction by Bill Simpich...that's all I needed to know!  

I hear you there and couldn’t agree more.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:50 PM, Robert Montenegro said:

Yowza! Thanks for the head's up Mr. Thorne! 

I've been fascinated for so long about the enigma that is Robert E. Webster. Especially that little slip up of Mrs. Marina Nikolayevna Oswald identifying her husband as an electronics expert for RAND, or something to that effect.

Plus the phenomenon of Bruce L. Solie of the Central Intelligence Agency's Office Of Security being the control officer for files on both Robert E. Webster and Ruth Hyde Paine.

Michael Ralph Paine was in fact impersonating Lee Harvey Oswald while trying to infiltrate liberal college student organizations.

I cannot wait to read this book.

Wait....Solie is one of THE most fascinating players in the entire drama in my opinion. What is your source for his being in control of files for Paine and Webster? The guy is someone, like Morales (for example) that deserves much more attention, especially regarding the info Newman dig up not too long ago on Nosenko and how close Solie seemed to be to him.