The Education Forum

Curious

Wondered if anyone ever checked to see if anyone made a lot of money on the stock market reacting to JFK's murder?

Edited by Evan Marshall

‘Were we controlled?’ By Lincoln Lawrence, 1967

I bought this book back then and I believe I still have a copy in my library. It’s available on Amazon, but it’s a bit pricey to say the least. Lawrence’s  argument seems fanciful in some ways, but quite reasonable in others. A real curiosity, especially the introduction of Wall Street in the JFK assassination. Steve

It would be interesting to see what happened with the stock of Bell Helicopter (or its parent company Textron) and LBJ's benefactor Brown and Root (which protesters during the Vietnam War called "Burn and Loot").

What about Pepsi and all the other companies who made huge profits off of cheap labor Cuban sugar?

4 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Wondered if anyone ever checked to see if anyone made a lot of money on the stock market reacting to JFK's murder?

I think I have read something about such but don't remember where or who might have been involved.  Don't think I dreamed it, may have been a few years back though.

My first thought was Battling Wall Street but a quick scan of the TOC, a few pages and the index turned up nothing.

For some reason the thought of FW/D people come to mind, along the Byrd, Bell Helicopter, TFX investors maybe?  

Hard to see any major names tipping there hand, directly at least E.G. Rockefeller, McCloy, Dillon, more, if any possibly had some kind of foreknowledge.

Maybe I'll have a brain fart tomorrow and it will come to me. 

Mr. Ecker, if I may interrupt, it should be noted that United States Army Brigadier General Paul Francis Gaynor, the Central Intelligence Agency's Chief of Security, actively identifies several key members of Brown And Root as being CIA assets, including the President of the company in 1963, George Rufus Brown!

Just check out the content of the attached links:

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/104-10116-10260.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/104-10117-10203.pdf

If Brown And Root had foreknowledge that President Kennedy was going to be murdered, I would start looking at Brig. Gen. Paul Francis Gaynor.

Incidentally, USAF Lt. Col. James Walter McCord Jr., "Operation 40" assassin David Sánchez Morales, COL. Sheffield Edwards, "Operation 40" comptroller Edwin Paul Wilson, and William B. Reily (the owner of the same Reily Coffee Company that employed Lee Harvey Oswald and QJ/WIN operative Jean-Pierre Lafitte AT THE SAME TIME) were all close friends to Brig. Gen. Paul Francis Gaynor.

Small world, eh?

Edited by Robert Montenegro

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

What about Pepsi and all the other companies who made huge profits off of cheap labor Cuban sugar?

Donald Mcintosh "Don" Kendall, the CEO of Pepsi-Cola, was the first person President Richard Milhous Nixon reached out to for covert funding after he tasked CIA Director Richard McGarrah Helms to overthrow President Salvador Allende under the "Operation FUBELT-Track II" program.

Other businessmen Nixon involved were David Rockefeller, president of the Chase Manhattan Bank, Harold "Hal" Sydney Geneen, chief executive of the International Telephone and Telegraph Corporation and C. Jay Hutchinson, board chairman of Anaconda Copper Mining Company.

And both Nixon and Kendall were in Dallas the day President Kennedy was murdered.

Operation 40 assassin David Sánchez Morales, CIA's chief of operations for the Western hemisphere David Atlee Phillips, CIA  Deputy Director for Plans Thomas Hercules Karamessines, White House Chief of Staff Gen. Alexander Haig, CIA Station Chief in Santiago, Chile Henry D. Hecksher, and United States National Security Advisor Henry Alfred Kissinger were also in on the planning of President Salvador Allende's demise.

Incidentally, the above names all had something to do with anti-Castro state-sponsored terrorist operations in the months leading up to the assassination of President Kennedy. Including the above mentioned businessmen.

Look up the CIA cryptonym "ZRAWARD" and have fun.

"Does this mean I have to sell my goddam Halliburton stock?" -- LBJ on the phone to his

tax lawyer, Waddy Bullion of Houston, at 1 p.m. November 22 in Parkland Hospital. He didn't.

He kept it, while Bullion supervised his "blind trust" (talking frequently with

LBJ on a phone in the Oval Office), and LBJ's fortune kept growing as he expanded the war, which greatly

benefited Halliburton. Halliburton also played a major role in bringing you the Iraq

War thanks to former CEO Dick Cheney.

5 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

"Does this mean I have to sell my goddam Halliburton stock?" -- LBJ on the phone...

Well, they were all CIA assets: 

8 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Mr. Ecker, if I may interrupt, it should be noted that United States Army Brigadier General Paul Francis Gaynor, the Central Intelligence Agency's Chief of Security, actively identifies several key members of Brown And Root as being CIA assets, including the President of the company in 1963, George Rufus Brown!

Just check out the content of the attached links:

If Brown And Root had foreknowledge that President Kennedy was going to be murdered, I would start looking at Brig. Gen. Paul Francis Gaynor.

Incidentally, USAF Lt. Col. James Walter McCord Jr., "Operation 40" assassin David Sánchez Morales, COL. Sheffield Edwards, "Operation 40" comptroller Edwin Paul Wilson, and William B. Reily (the owner of the same Reily Coffee Company that employed Lee Harvey Oswald and QJ/WIN operative Jean-Pierre Lafitte AT THE SAME TIME) were all close friends to Brig. Gen. Paul Francis Gaynor.

Small world, eh?

Robert, thanks for the info. There's a question, of course, as to whether or why the Brown and Root employees named as CIA assets would have any "need to know" beforehand about the assassination. Also, for the plotters, I would say that the less number of people with such a need to know the better.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:36 AM, Joseph McBride said:

"Does this mean I have to sell my goddam Halliburton stock?" -- LBJ on the phone to his

tax lawyer, Waddy Bullion of Houston, at 1 p.m. November 22 in Parkland Hospital. He didn't.

He kept it, while Bullion supervised his "blind trust" (talking frequently with

LBJ on a phone in the Oval Office), and LBJ's fortune kept growing as he expanded the war, which greatly

benefited Halliburton. Halliburton also played a major role in bringing you the Iraq

War thanks to former CEO Dick Cheney.

That is just sickening about LBJ. 

Monstrous actually.

1:pm right inside the hospital?

While JFK's obliterated lifeless body is still on the ER table and blood spattered Jackie Kennedy is in the deepest depths of nightmarish despair, both just a few rooms away?

If true, it proves LBJ was no more concerned about JFK's slaughter as he was worried how it may have threatened his personal wealth!

Makes me believe even more that LBJ knew ahead of time of JFK's killing and was morally corrupt enough to let it happen.

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

That is just sickening about LBJ. 

Monstrous actually.

1:pm right inside the hospital?

While JFK obliterated lifeless body is still on the ER table and blood spattered Jackie Kennedy is in the deepest depths of nightmarish despair, both just a few rooms away?

If true, it proves LBJ was no more concerned about JFK's slaughter as much as he was about this brutal tragedy threatening his personal wealth!

Makes me believe even more that LBJ knew ahead of time of JFK's killing and was morally corrupt enough to let it happen.

LBJ was a nasty piece of work. I know Roger Stone’s book has its flaws, but it details his sordid activities pretty well.

10 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Also, for the plotters, I would say that the less number of people with such a need to know the better.

I do not believe the CIA assets amongst Brown & Root employees had intimate knowledge of any of the technical aspects of the assassination plot, however, the movement of funds and assets within a large company is very important. For either the planning phase, the assassination itself and its subsequent cover-up would require a gross amount of capital, and if you can funnel that dirty money thru a legitimate enterprise, no one will ever be able to know how the assassination as a structural operation was ever paid for. Hence the massive, unusual movement of stocks and bonds just before, during and right after the murder of President Kennedy. The same thing happened right before, during and after the events of 11 September 2001. 

The less people in the "stove-piped" information loop the better. Everyone below the plotters would simply be following orders. I can agree with that assertion one-hundred percent.

If I were to venture a well informed guess, I would say the actual number plotters involved in the JFK murder planning phase are around about thirty men.

A very small, cellularized group of highly motivated persons in strategic positions to make it happen.

Let's say maybe (if I were once again, going to guess) the following persons:

Allen Welsh Dulles

Richard Mervin Bissell Jr.

Gen. Charles Pearre Cabell

Col. Boris Theodore Pash

Dr. Sidney Gottlieb

Col. Sheffield M. Edwards

Jacob Donald 'Jake' Esterline

Everette “Eduardo” Howard Hunt Jr.

Maj. Gen. Charles Andrew Willoughby

Henry D. Hecksher

Richard McGarrah Helms

Col. Howard Lay Burris

Alfred Conrad "Al" Ulmer Jr.

William Putnam "Bill" Bundy

William King "Bill" Harvey

David “El Indio” Sánchez Morales

Maj. Gen. Edward Geary Lansdale

William "Rip" Robertson Jr.

Theodore George "Ted" Shackley Jr.

Lt. Col. Lucien Emile Conein

Charles Tracy Barnes

Col. William C. Bishop

Grayston L. Lynch

Edwin Paul Wilson

Otto Skorzeny 

David Atlee Phillips

Col. Joseph Caldwell King

Lt. Col. James Walter McCord Jr.

George Efythron Joannides 

George Hunter White

I'd say, outside of those thirty persons, everyone else is just following orders, either because they stand to profit from the act, they are ideologically committed, they want to be "good soldiers" or they have been so dramatically compromised on a personal level that they cannot say no to the assassination.

52 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Pete Bagley. I saw somewhere he wanted to use Peter Deryabin (Soviet Defector) as Marina’s translator. 

I would not consider Tennent Harrington Bagley a "planner" of the assassination.

He was one of James Jesus Angleton's "good soldiers", whom Angleton later turned on.

I should like to state clearly, that list of names I posted are persons I personally believe had something to do with planning the murder of President Kennedy. 

I see anyone in James Jesus Angleton's crew as willing-dupes, just following orders, regardless of how contradictory they may be.

Hence why Thomas Hercules Karamessines personally went down to Mexico in the opening hours after the assassination and relayed the order to shut down any investigation into Lee Oswald's alleged activities.

Examine the following persons and their actions leading up to the assassination of JFK. They are (in my very humble opinion) just following orders. But that doesn't mean they were not very important players in the plot:

CIA Counterintelligence Chief Of Special Investigations Birch D. O'Neal

CIA Counterintelligence Special Investigations Group officer Ann Egerter

FBI agent Lambert L. Anderson (an infiltrator of the Fair Play For Cuba Committee)

CIA agent John S. Tilton (an infiltrator of the Fair Play For Cuba Committee; later a commander of the infamous “Phoenix Program” in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia)

FBI Counterintelligence Chief William A. Branigan Jr. (COINTELPRO member)

FBI Counterintelligence agent William Marvin Gheesling

CIA Counterintelligence-SR/CI/RED officer William C. Bright

CIA Cuban Division Counterintelligence Chief Harold F. Swenson

CIA Counterintelligence “Staff D” “SAS/CI” officer Anita Potocki

CIA Counterintelligence Liaison Officer “CI/L” Jane Roman

CIA Western Hemisphere Division Chief Of Operations William J. Hood

CIA Counterintelligence Operations Officer Will Potocki

CIA Mexico Desk HQ Chief Charlotte Bustos-Videla File

CIA Soviet Russia Division Counterintelligence Officer Stephan Roll

FBI agent Charles D. Brennan (COINTELPRO member)

Frente de Liberación Nacional officer/ CIA asset Gilberto Alvarado

Nicaraguan Office Of National Security Chief Of Anti-Communist Section/ CIA asset Capt. Franklin Anthony Wheelock Garcia (CIA cryptonym"ERYTHROID-3")

Latin American Anti-Communist Confederation leader Antonio Valladares (also Carlos Marcello's lawyer)

Federal Bureau of Narcotics informant /CIA asset Viola June Cobb (CIA cryptonym “AMUPAS-1”/ an infiltrator of the Fair Play For Cuba Committee)

CIA Counterintelligence “Staff D” “SAS/CI” officer Anne Lorene Goodpasture (“LITEMPO” program officer)

CIA Counterintelligence Research and Analysis Chief Raymond G. Rocca

These people knew who and what Lee Harvey Oswald was in advance of the murder of President Kennedy.

And in the aftermath of that murder, they all collectively shut their mouths and said Mr. Oswald was a Soviet agent.

Like good soldiers following would.

Of course, in any counterintelligence operation, an intelligent, inquisitive individual can usually figure out what compartmentalized role they serve, and they just do the job at hand, because it is their duty, to what or whoever they ideologically swear allegiance to.

Must be why the God of Moses didn't want anyone worshipping idols and false gods.

Curious how the stock market is going up 700 points today, apparently just because of Trump's rosy prediction of a cure down the road?

A billion dollars thrown in on a non-science based gut feeling Trump proclamation? 

Are these investors that easily swayed?