The Education Forum

Unacknowledged

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

" If the average American knew half of what's really going on in the world, they'd probably go into their backyards and kill themselves."

Quote related 12th handedly to me by a now deceased friend.

Remember my own "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" film type scene event I've related here on the forum before? 

It was in late August or very early September, 1997.

A Friday night.

Our house was lit up at 2: AM by the brightest light I have ever seen.

It awakened me and I had to shield my eyes from this cold blue white light which flooded through our windows and was coming in from just above our home on it's street fronting side.

The light reminded me of a welders torch in it's color and intensity. Or maybe an arch on a high voltage powerline? But, those lights always flicker. This was a steady non-wavering light. It was present three or four straight minutes or more.

In Pebble Beach. Calif. there were no street lights. The homes there are nestled in a thick pine tree forest. No side walks. You are literally in the middle of a forest. You can't believe how dark it is at night there.

After two or more minutes, this light was still so bright it awakened my wife in her own bedroom next to mine just by it's intensity coming in "under" her windowless room shut door! My room door was open to the upper hallway windows that faced the source of the light. 

As soon as I heard my awakened wife say "What is that light?" and as she got up and started to turn the door knob to open it, the light simply stopped!

We started to talk about the strange light and soon realized our electricity was off. Clock radios and their lights, refrigerator stopped humming. Light switches didn't work.

My wife and I then sat on her bed in curious and bewildered silence.

All of a sudden a few minutes later our electricity blinked back on! Clock radio lights blinking, refrigerator humming.

Our phone worked so we called the Pebble Beach company security gate a mile away and asked them if they saw any strange lights or had their electricity interrupted in the last 10 or 15 minutes and they said they saw no unusual lights and their electricity was never interrupted.

Tired, we went back to bed.

The next morning as my wife was making breakfast and I was reading the newspaper downstairs ( all the bedrooms were upstairs ) we heard our 12 year old boy slowly walking down the stairs and into our area and he moaned..."Ooohh man...I had the worst nose bleed of my life last night."

We looked up and my wife screamed!

The front of our son's T-shirt was covered in dried blood! As was his face underneath his nose. We ran upstairs and his pillow was also blood soaked.

The scary thing was he hadn't ever had a nose bleed before!

And this one happened after the eye hurting bright light flooded the inside of our home at 2:AM!

Note: I did not get out of bed to look for the source of light until my wife awoke and it blinked off.

The first minute or two I was simply groggy and wondering if I was dreaming. I was also confused and in an amazed state of wonder.

The last two minutes...I must admit I was afraid!

Kind of cowardly I know.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• 2 weeks later...
 Never seen a UFO myself but I am hoping to stray a bit further from JFK and post this evaluation of the famous Trent UFO photos. I will delete it if it is out of bounds. I think the photos are likely a hoax, not a rear view mirror necessarily, but still a model on a string.

Years ago the Scripts Institute of Photography acquired the original negatives of the Trent UFO photos and analyzed them. They said they found no indication of a thread suspending the saucer from the wire above. They also said the grain suggested the object was far away which allowed them to theorize it might be 50 feet long. I am 99% convinced of the reality of UFO's. But when I took a close look at the Trent photos I had to conclude they are most likely a hoax.
   If it is a real flying object some 400 feet away(Per Mrs Trent's account) or even 100 feet away then there are 3 very big coincidences that must have occurred.
1. When the magnification differences of the two photos are corrected (The camera moved several feet away from the wire for the 2nd photo), both objects align with the same location under the lower(Farther wire) .
2. . Both objects match in size which is strange because the magnification correction was for the wire at 14 feet from the camera not an object 100+ feet away. (Maccabee said 12 ft but I think it can be shown to be 15.) If the saucer in image 2 is real it would be at least 100 feet from the camera and the minifying would only be about 3%. Correcting at 20% should have made the image 2 saucer bigger than saucer one, but they match well.
3. In photo 2 the craft or model appears at the same distance below the wire. This is very odd because to correct for the minifying problem stated above a real craft would to move farther from the camera for image two. That should cause it to drop some towards the horizon and make it appear lower than image one, but they match well. I have not measured the 3rd factor yet, I don't know how much elevation change the camera would see.
  In the comparison photo(top left) the wires have been matched in size and overlapped to align at the small bend in the wire shown by the red arrows in the bottom images. The angular misalignment of the two sets of wires is not camera rotation, it is the change in perspective due to the camera having a greater angle to the wires in photo 2. The angular change of camera position does not alter where the saucer sits below the wires but rotating them to match would distort the location of the saucer relative to the wire so they must remain mismatched. When overlapped at the bend the images of the two photos show the 2 saucers in almost the exact same location below the wire, both horizontally and vertically. A very big coincidence unless it is a model hanging from the wire.
   The biggest variable is how much magnification to add to image 2 to correct for the greater distance of camera to wire. The distance from the camera to the water tank by the barn is known from Bruce Maccabee's measurements taken on site. The middle of the tank is about 28 feet from the camera and is reduced by 14% in photo 2. From that we can determine how much further the camera was from the tank in photo 2 and then also from the wire. It works out to the wire image being 80% of the wire size in photo 1  (The wire changes more than the tank because it is closer). Multiplying that 80% by 1.25 brings it back up to 100%.
  I think the 20% reduction is very close to correct but I added two more versions seen in the top right. They magnify the saucer 2 image by 1.17 and 1.33(right in the middle of the original 1.25) . It changes the comparison but is still in the range of possibility when we consider a model would probably swing slightly in even a light breeze. The swing would also change the apparent relative height of the saucers to the wire and may explain the height differences.
Finally the angular change in image 2 also reduced the wire by another 6%. The 6% angular change does not change the drop below or saucer size so that correction was added manually by sliding the image 2 saucer 6% to the right. (That is 6% of the distance from the bend in the wire to where the saucer would intersect the wire above).
  The coincidences are hard to accept and I have to assume this is likely a hoax.
Edited by Chris Bristow

Chris - what to make out of the fact that most good photos of UAP are fakes, yet eye witnesses and radar detection seem genuine? Some would conclude that the lack of verifiable photos proves their non existence. Another way to look at this discrepancy is that something interferes with photographing them. I’m inclined towards the latter explanation. 

I think over the decades there have been many very clear still pics of UFO's that appear to be something beyond our Earth based technology.

I think that in the past if some great shot "flying saucer" pictures were made public by the picture taker the government often came in and confiscated them.

Nowadays you would think there would be more clear still pics. If not, I am not sure why.

I also believe that these vehicle for sure emit some powerful electromagnetic waves for power and that interfere with film clarity.

Remember the hundreds if not thousands of reports of cars losing their electrical power upon the close proximity of these objects.

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Chris - what to make out of the fact that most good photos of UAP are fakes, yet eye witnesses and radar detection seem genuine? Some would conclude that the lack of verifiable photos proves their non existence. Another way to look at this discrepancy is that something interferes with photographing them. I’m inclined towards the latter explanation. 

I don't know if most are fakes but it's probably much more possible to create a fake than to encounter a real one.

In the old days we had to run and find the camera before the thing disappeared. Then in our excitement we tried to take a nice sharp photo. I also think if I saw one I would be torn between looking away to get my camera or just staring at it, cuz you never know how long you'll get to view that extremely unique object. Or you might miss the part where it flies away at 12,000 miles an hour.

I have no doubt that we are tracking unknown objects through our atmosphere. Objects that display characteristics that defy our understanding of physics. Objects that when seen look like they are intelligently constructed. Objects that seem to maneuver in ways that suggest they are intelligent.

Those observations recently made public by the Pentagon through a report and through allowing interviews of the military staff involved make the same claims that J Allen hynek did a half a century ago after leaving his position at Project Blue Book.

Either he made those claims up, just pulled them out of thin air and got really lucky, or our military knew the truth of the UFO phenomena 50 years ago.

I think the reason we can't point to solid evidence is just because the subject is of extreme military value and therefore is a secret. In addition I think we all know that they've been running Decades of disinformation. Hynek  gave multiple specific examples of when and how he lied about UFO reports. He was pressured to do this by Project Blue Book.

Definitely a connection….

Edited by Sean Coleman

On 6/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Has anyone, besides Doug Caddy, watched this film? I think the subject of UFO/alien contact, presented as it is in this movie, is germane. Of course they won’t mention E Howard Hunt’s parting words to Mr. Caddy that JFK was killed because of the ‘alien question’. But it turns out that Hunt wasn’t the only one that believed JFK’s death was connected to his willingness to end the secrecy on UFO’s. British Admiral Gordon Creighton suggested the same. The movie confronts the government secrecy head on, and not just on this issue. 

I've watched it. I think the first 3/4 of it is credible, but I think it goes off the rails for the last 1/4.

How would E. Howard Hunt have known that JFK was going to end the secrecy about UFOs? How? 

18 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

I've watched it. I think the first 3/4 of it is credible, but I think it goes off the rails for the last 1/4.

How would E. Howard Hunt have known that JFK was going to end the secrecy about UFOs? How? 

Note the date.

National Security Action Memoranda [NSAM]: NSAM 271, Cooperation with the USSR on Outer Space Matters | JFK Library

Edited by Douglas Caddy