The Education Forum

Identity of "Leopoldo" (Silvia Odio visit)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, David Boylan said:

There was early interest by the FBI concerning Diaz-Garcia.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=193177#relPageId=2&tab=page

I believe it. I've always personally held the belief that Hoover investigated the case until he knew what happened. I doubt any of that stuff would have been released by the ARRB though, I'm sure Hoover would have kept it segregated.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:03 PM, David Boylan said:

So, if de Torres was Leopoldo, who would he be Angel/Angelo?  Who was de Torres hanging around with in 1963? It wouldn't be Murgado.

More than a few researchers believe it was Herminio Diaz-Garcia.

Joan MellenKey West Citizen (2nd September, 2005)  (Spartacus)

Angelo Murgado and a fellow veteran of the Bay of Pigs, in September, were the men who traveled with Oswald from New Orleans to Dallas where they visited Sylvia Odio. (Mrs. Odio testified that the three traveled together although Angelo says that when he and Leopoldo, who drove from New Orleans together, arrived at Sylvia Odio's, Oswald was already there, sitting in the apartment. That "Leopoldo" and Angelo both knew Oswald, there is no doubt). Their objective, or so Angelo thought, was to search for help in their anti-Castro efforts; they talked to Mrs. Odio about buying arms to overthrow Castro. Angelo believed he could trust his companion, referred to in the Warren Report as "Leopoldo," because not only was he a fellow veteran of the Bay of Pigs, but his brother was running for mayor of Miami. He was respectable.

In this image, the man on the right is Ed Collins... the other option for Angelo....

2034938635_JFKBernardodelTorreswasLeopoldoforOdiowhileEdCollinswassupposedlyAngelo-Murgado2.jpg.2fbd88aef557b3d60e510a5d80d10b58.jpg

• 8 months later...

I don't know if it has been posted elsewhere, but after the death of Bernardo De Torres, Jeff Morley filed a FOIA to the CIA about DeTorres. Below is a link to the useless, incomplete garbage the CIA gave him in response. 

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/bernardo-de-torres-central-intelligence-agency-74311/#file-879038

I understand Sylvia Odio is still alive? 

In all these years, you would think that someone would have shown her pictures of Cuban men who were possibly the ones that visited her apartment with or without someone they identified as Lee Oswald?

I assume many researchers have tried over the years to interview Ms. Odio and her younger sister as well?

However, with only a couple of personal interview videos from long ago being the only ones I have ever found and viewed, I have to guess Ms. Odio and her sister chose to cut off all such interaction completely?  Perhaps for their own and their family's privacy and mental health?

The incredibly important ( smoking gun mind blowing important ) thing with the Angelo/Leopoldo/Oswald visit to Syliva Odio's apartment incident and her sworn WC testimony describing it in detail is that "if one believes it as fact"... then to such believers it proves a conspiracy of at least Oswald's much more involved interaction with extremely active anti-Castro / JFK hating Cuban resistance movement members and their presence ( and Oswald's ) in the Dallas area at that time.

Didn't the WC dismissed Odio's story and it's relevance mainly because they decided that the dates she gave for the visit conflicted with the dates they believed Oswald was in Mexico? 

Sylvia account of not just the visit ( basically backed up by her right there eye-witness sister ) wasn't just explosive in it's Oswald presence aspect, but also what Angelo told her about Oswald in a day or two later phone call.

Even if the man who was introduced to Sylvia in that nightime visit was not the real Lee Harvey Oswald, the fact that he was presented as such to her is totally and importantly conspiracy suggesting.

So many times JFK assassination truth seeking interested students are presented with the final simple choice of deciding "who they want to believe" in the over-all story of the event amongst the hundreds of characters involved who have given sworn and notorized testimony or simply shared their tales in interviews with researchers that conflict with the final WC findings of Lee Harvey Oswald as a lone nut killer of JFK. No conspiracy involved.

Odio's sworn testimony account rings true to me. I believe her. I believe that Oswald ( or even an impersonator ) was with the two other men who visited Odio's apartment that evening. I believe her account of what was communicated to her in the next day's phone call to her by Angelo ( or Leopoldo?) regards Oswald.

So, obviously, I believe this Sylvia Odio story proves at least some conspiracy involving Oswald with extremist JFK hating Cuban political activist types just two months before 11,22,1963.

Just like I believe other WC sworn testimony accounts which they chose to dismiss including Seth Kantor's "Jack Ruby in Parkland hospital encounter" just after the assassination as well as so many others. 

Sometimes the WC's dismissal of their own witness's testimony was so grossly arbitrary and baseless it begged ( even shouted ) common sense suspicion to a sickening degree imo.

Syliva Odio gave a very detailed Angelo/Leopoldo/Oswald visit account to the WC. She was asked many, many pointed and probing questions. In all her answers, if she was making this story up (especially the Oswald presence with the other two Cubans) she was never tripped up, she stuck with the same story without contradictions and she was backed up by her sister and others whom she interacted with in the days just before and after the visit incident.

The WC questioners couldn't trip her up and expose her as a nut case and damage her credibilty.

So, they had one option to make her story go away.

Oswald ( or the real Oswald ) could not have been with the two Cubans who visited her at her apartment that September 1963 evening because he was in Mexico at that time.

Too bad Perry Mason wasn't around to embarrassingly counter and destroy that weak Hamilton Burger proposition.

No, the WC hearings had no such counter balance of evidence and testimony challenging. It was a grossly inadequate one-sided FBI controlled affair.

Edited by Joe Bauer

10 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Joe- Oswald visited the Odio's apartment on the evening of Wednesday, September 25th, so it doesn't actually intersect with the time Oswald is said to have been in Mexico.

So, did the WC decide this date ( the 25th of September ) was mistakenly given as the correct date?

And if so, what do you make of their conclusion?

Do you personally believe Sylvia Odio and her Angelo/Leopoldo/Oswald visit story entirely, mostly, partly or not at all?

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I believe the Odio sisters story 100%.

Like I mentioned, if you believe Syliva Odio's story, then you must conclude that Oswald was involved with JFK hating Cuban political extremists just weeks before 11,22,1963.

And to say that this association had absolutely no meaning, connection or importance regarding Oswald's alleged actions on 11,22,1963 is nonsense.

Edited by Joe Bauer

It also casts doubt on his MC trip, which I personally believe was fiction. As for his involvement with Cuban exiles, it doesn’t mean that he was in league with them. 

24 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Like I mentioned, if you believe Syliva Odio's story, then you must conclude that Oswald was involved with JFK hating Cuban political extremists just weeks before 11,22,1963.

And to say that this association had absolutely no meaning, connection or importance regarding Oswald's alleged actions on 11,22,1963 is nonsense.

I've never said there was no connection to 11/22/63. Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else.

53 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

It also casts doubt on his MC trip, which I personally believe was fiction. As for his involvement with Cuban exiles, it doesn’t mean that he was in league with them. 

Repectfully Paul, then what would Oswald's motivation or agenda purpose be in personally involving himself with these militant anti-Castro types?

A planted spy? For whom?

42 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I've never said there was no connection to 11/22/63. Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else.

I was making a general statement regarding my own personal view that there was a connection. And that for anyone to think otherwise is naive.

28 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Repectfully Paul, then what would Oswald's motivation or agenda purpose be in personally involving himself with these militant anti-Castro types?

A planted spy? For whom?

Several possibilities. What was he doing in New Orleans when he got into a fight with exiles? 

Would anybody be able to enlighten me on some timing:

1. When was Silvia Odio's story first known? 

2. When was Oswald first 'revealed' to have visited MC? 

I ask because I wondered if it was possible that the Oswald's bus trip was created to fill in the period where he could have visited the Odio's? Its clearly testimony with serious consequences if not rebutted, or at least muddied.